Mindy McCready Songs, Death, Net Worth & Biography
Mindy McCready was best known for her hit country music album ‘Ten Thousand Angels,’ as well as for her ongoing personal struggles. At the age of 37, she was found dead from an apparent self-inflicted gunshot wound.
Birth Name: Malinda Gayle McCready
Mindy McCready was a country music singer whose success was overshadowed by her personal struggles. Although her 1996 debut album Ten Thousand Angels was a hit, McCready struggled to stay at the top of the charts and she was dubbed “the Amy Winehouse of country music” for her struggles with mental health and alcohol abuse. At the age of 37, McCready was found dead at her home from an apparent self-inflicted gunshot wound.
Family, Education & More
Father: Tim McCready
Mother: Melody Gayle Inge
Spouse/Partner: David Wilson (Partner), Billy McKnight (Partner)
Children: Zayne Wilson (Son), Zander Ryan McCready (Son)
Siblings: Skyler McCready (Brother), Timothy McCready (Brother), Joshua McCready (Brother)
Height, Weight & More
Weight in Pounds: 150 lbs
Weight in Kilogram: 68 kg
Height in Feet: 5′ 8″
Height in Meters: 1.73 m
Body Measurements: N/A
Breast Size: N/A
Waist Size: N/A
Hips Size: N/A
Bra Size/Cup Size: N/A
Feet/Shoe Size: 9 (US)
Dress Size: 6 (US)
Age, Personal Life & More
Date Of Birth: 30 November 1975
Birth Place: Fort Meyers, Florida, USA
Date of Death:17 February 2013
Death Place: Heber Springs, Arkansas, USA
Cause of Death: Suicide by gunshot
Birth Name: Malinda Gayle McCready
Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius
Hair Color: Blonde
Eye Color: Hazel
Mindy McCready was an American country music singer who had a net worth of $200 thousand. Mindy McCready earned her net worth from her singing career that she began in 1996. She was born in Fort Myers, Florida on November 30, 1975, and she began singing in church at age 3. Her debut album was certified 2X multi-platinum by RIAA. The album Ten Thousand Angels were released by BNA Records in 1996 and the album sold two million copies and boasted four-country charting singles.
Her fourth studio album had 12 singles that reached the Billboard country singles charts. McCready’s fifth studio album, I’m Still Here was critically acclaimed critically. In June 2009, she signed up to appear on the reality series Celebrity Rehab with Dr. Drew to deal with her alcohol and mental health issues. McCready. On February 17, 2013, Mindy McCready was found dead of an apparent suicide in Arkansas at the age of 37.
Spouses, Affairs and More
- In 1997, McCready became engaged to actor Dean Cain. The couple broke up the following year. McCready also dated former NHL hockey player Drake Berehowsky.
- In December 2003, she began dating aspiring singer William Patrick “Billy” McKnight. On May 8, 2005, McKnight was arrested and charged with attempted murder after beating and choking her. After reporting to People magazine that she had cut ties with McKnight, McCready was found unconscious in a hotel lobby in Indian Rocks Beach, Florida, after attempting suicide in July 2005. She was hospitalized for a drug overdose after consuming a large number of undisclosed drugs with alcohol. The couple eventually got back together and McCready became pregnant. In September 2005, while she was pregnant with McKnight’s child, she attempted suicide again by overdosing on antidepressants. In March 2006, McCready gave birth to a son, Zander Ryan McCready.
- On December 17, 2008, paramedics were called to McCready’s Nashville home after an apparent suicide attempt; they transported her to a hospital after finding wounds on her wrists.
- In 2009, she joined the cast of Celebrity Rehab 3 with Dr. Drew Pinsky.
- On May 25, 2010, McCready was hospitalized in Cape Coral, Florida, for a possible drug overdose; she may have had a reaction to Darvocet her mother had given her. She was released later that day and returned home.
- A pornographic videotape of McCready and an ex-boyfriend referred to as “Peter” went on sale by Vivid Entertainment in 2010.
- In April 2012, McCready gave birth to her second child, a son named Zayne. The child’s father, record producer David Wilson, was found dead on January 13, 2013, at McCready’s home, of an apparent self-inflicted gunshot wound. The Cleburne County, Arkansas, sheriff’s department opened an investigation into Wilson’s death. Following Wilson’s death, McCready released a statement in which she referred to him as her “soulmate” and “life partner”.
- Lagging record sales were the least of McCready’s troubles. In August 2004, McCready was arrested for using fake prescriptions to obtain the narcotic painkiller OxyContin. McCready initially disputed the charges, but later pleaded guilty and was sentenced to a $4,000 fine and three years probation. In May 2005, she was arrested again, charged this time for driving under the influence for driving with a suspended license.
- That same month, McCready’s on-again-off-again boyfriend Billy McKnight was arrested and accused of attempted murder after severely beating and choking her. McCready later said that this was not the first time he had attacked her. The state of Tennessee issued restraining orders against both McKnight and McCready: McKnight was not allowed to enter the state, and McCready was not allowed to leave it. But McCready soon violated her restraining order by visiting McKnight in Florida.
- In July 2005, McCready was charged in Arizona with identity theft, unlawful use of transportation, unlawful imprisonment, and hindering prosecution, all of which she attributed to being taken in by a con artist. Two months later, the troubled singer was found unconscious in a hotel lobby in Indian Rocks Beach, Florida, following an attempted suicide. In September 2005, she was hospitalized again for a second attempted suicide by antidepressant overdose.
- After surviving two self-inflicted brushes with death, McCready credited McKnight with saving her life. “I loved him,” she said. “I just loved him. I missed him terribly even though he did terrible things to me. The relationship was very tumultuous. It’s amazing how you can forget such terrible things so easily, you know, even when they’re still fresh in your mind and try to only remember the good things. And, even though he did the things he did, I still missed him and wanted to see him. So, I went down to visit him and, of course, we ended up, you know, having sex and I got pregnant and I tried to commit suicide.”
- In November 2005, McCready wrote and released the song “Black and Blue,” donating the proceeds to Women Against Domestic Violence. McCready’s son Zander Ryan McCready was born on March 25, 2006.
- McCready’s legal troubles continued to mount. She was sentenced to a year of jail in September 2007 for violating the terms of her earlier probation but was released just three months later. In 2008, she was jailed once again for violating probation, though she was released after 30 days for good behavior.
Roger Clemens Affair
In April 2008, the New York Daily News reported on a possible long-term relationship between McCready and baseball star Roger Clemens that began when she was 15. Clemens’ attorney Rusty Hardin denied the affair, stating that Clemens would bring a defamation suit regarding this false allegation. Clemens’ attorney admitted that a relationship existed but described McCready as a “close family friend.” He also stated that McCready had traveled on Clemens’ personal jet and that Clemens’ wife was aware of the relationship. Clemens issued a statement saying only “I have made mistakes in my personal life for which I am sorry.” McCready described the relationship as being sexual in nature.
On November 17, 2008, McCready spoke in more detail to Inside Edition about her affair with Clemens. She stated that their relationship lasted for more than a decade, ending when Clemens refused to leave his wife to marry McCready. She was 16 when they first met, she said, adding that the relationship didn’t become sexual “until several years later.
Death/Mindy Mccready Suicide
However, less than a year after the birth of her son, Zayne, McCready suffered another tragedy. On January 13, 2013, Wilson, McCready’s boyfriend of two years, died after allegedly committing suicide from a self-inflicted gunshot wound. After his death, which became the subject of an ongoing investigation, McCready released a statement: “David was my soulmate; he was a caregiver and guiding hand to our sons, Zander and Zayne. He was a precious gift from God to all of us and, yesterday, he returned home and is now with his mother and father. David loved and he was loved. Those who knew and loved him will miss him; those who did not know David missed the opportunity to know a truly loving and gifted man.”
Three weeks later, after family members expressed concern for McCready’s well-being, a judge ordered her to be evaluated at a treatment facility for mental health and alcohol abuse. McCready’s children were removed from her care by the Department of Human Services. But the singer couldn’t be saved from a tragic end. On February 17, 2013, just five weeks after her boyfriend’s death, McCready was found dead on the porch of her home in the rural town of Heber Springs, Arkansas, the result of an apparent self-inflicted gunshot wound. She was 37 years old.
Some Known Facts About Mindy
- She began singing in church at age 3.
- She moved to Nashville at age 18.
- She released her debut album, Ten Thousand Angels, which featured the No. 1 single “Guys Do It All the Time,” in 2006.
- Appeared on the third season of Celebrity Rehab With Dr. Drew; other cast members that season included Mackenzie Phillips, Dennis Rodman, and Heidi Fleiss.
- Released her final album, I’m Still Here, in 2010.
- Died of a self-inflicted gunshot wound in February 2013.
What Did Mindy Mccready Die Of?
Mindy Mccready Cause Of Death
Country Star Mindy Mccready Died Of An Apparent Suicide On Sunday Night, Cnn Reports. The Singer Was 37 And Left Behind Two Young Children. According To The Cleburne County Sheriff’s Office, Mccready Was Found Dead In Heber Springs, Arkansas Of A Single, Apparently Self-inflicted Gunshot Wound To The Head.
Where Did Mindy Mccready Die?
Heber Springs, Ar
Mindy Mccready Place Of Death
On February 17, 2013, Just Five Weeks After Her Boyfriend’s Death, Mccready Was Found Dead On The Porch Of Her Home In The Rural Town Of Heber Springs, Arkansas, The Result Of An Apparent Self-inflicted Gunshot Wound. She Was 37 Years Old.
How Much Was Mindy Mccready Worth?
How Much Is Mindy Mccready Worth? Mindy Mccready Was An American Country Music Singer Who Had A Net Worth Of $200 Thousand. Mindy Mccready Earned Her Net Worth From Her Singing Career That She Began In 1996.
What Year Did Mindy Mccready Die?
February 17, 2013
Mindy Mccready Date Of Death