Jamie Foxx is an actor, comedian, musician, producer, and radio host. He was a very proficient youngster at school and performed in a variety of activities. His musical capacities were noticeable from childhood as he began playing the piano at the tender age of five. He was also a top-ranking student and skilled at playing sports like basketball and football. As a teenager, he also sang for a music band and was often acknowledged for his ability to make his classmates laugh. He began his career as a stand-up comedian before trying his hand at acting.
He was chosen to play a football player in the film ‘Any Given Sunday’ because of his sporting background. More film roles pursued, and he reached the peak of his acting career with his performance in the biopic ‘Ray’ for which he won an ‘Academy Award’ and ‘BAFTA Award.’ In addition to being a successful actor, he is also a ‘Grammy’ award-winning musician. He has released five albums, out of which two were accredited platinum status. This talented entertainer has also had his share of controversies due to his brushes with the law and his insensitive comments about other performers.
|Birth Name||Eric Morlon Bishop|
|Nick Name||Jamie Foxx|
|Age||(as in 2020) 53 years|
|Sun Sign/Zodiac Sign||Sagittarius|
|Birth Place||Terrell, Texas, USA|
|Date of Birth||13 December 1967|
|Residence||Hidden Valley, California, United States|
|Home Town||Terrell, Texas|
|Mother's Name||Louise Annette Talley Dixon|
|Father's Name||Darrell Bishop (Changed his name to Shahid Abdula after he converted to Islam) (Stockbroker)|
|Sister||1. Diondra Dixon |
2. Deidra Dixon
|Affairs/Girlfriends||• Olivia Munn- Jamie was Rumored to have an encounter with American actress Olivia Munn.|
• Debbie Allen- Foxx had a fling with the American movie producer Debbie Allen in the past.
• Vivica Fox (1997)- In 1997, Jamie was in a short-lived romance with American actress Vivica Fox.
• Adriane Kelly (2000)- In 2000, Foxx dated with American author and writer Adriane Kelly for a short period of time.
• Iliana Fischer (2002-2004)- In the period from 2002 until 2004, Foxx was in a relationship with American model Iliana Fischer.
• Leila Arcieri (2004-2005)- Jamie began dating Leila Arcieri in June 2004. Their romance lasted for a year until July 2005, when they parted ways.
• Christina Milian (2005)- American singer Christina Milian was seen romancing with Jamie Foxx in 2005.
• Meagan Good (2006)- In 2006, Jamie was linked with American actress Meagan Good.
• Eva Marcille (2006)- Foxx was in a brief romance with American model Eva Marcille in 2006.
• Fantasia Barrino (2006)- In 2006, Jamie had a fling with American singer Fantasia Barrino.
• Lil’ Kim (2007-2008)- Lil’ Kim, the American female rapper commenced dating Foxx in 2007. The couple split in 2008.
• Stacy Keibler (2008)- In 2008, Jamie was RUMORed to have had a fling with American actress and retired professional wrestler Stacy Keibler.
• Claudia Jordan (2008)- Foxx dated Claudia Jordan for a short period of time in 2008.
• Ashley Scott (2008)- American actress Ashley Scott was linked with Jamie in 2008.
• Dollicia Bryant (2009)- In 2009, Jamie was romantically connected with American model Dollicia Bryant.
• Nikki Giavasis (2009)- In 2009, Foxx was romancing with American actress Nikki Giavasis.
• Sky Nellor (2009)- Jamie was linked with the Australian model Sky Nellor in 2009.
• Dominique Simone (2010)- African-American p*rnstar Dominique Simone hooked up with Jamie in 2010.
• Stacey Dash (2010)- In 2010, Foxx dated American actress Stacey Dash.
• Cristy Rice (2013)- American TV personality Cristy Rice had a fling with Jamie in the summer of 2013.
• Katie Holmes (2014-2019)- In August 2014, Jamie began dating the American actress Katie Holmes. In November 2018, rumors spread that the two had got engaged as Katie was seen with a diamond ring on her left hand. They split in May 2019 after remaining together for many years. They never officially confirmed their relationship during this time.
Marital Status, Wife and Children
|Children||Jamie is the father of two daughters Corinne Bishop (b. 1994) and Annalise (b. August 2009) from his previous relationships.|
|School||Foxx went to Terrell High School in Texas and was part of the basketball and football teams.|
|College/University||After he finished his high school studies, Jamie was offered a scholarship by United States International University (aka Alliant International University) which he accepted. At college, Foxx studied classical music and composition.|
|Profession||Actor, singer, songwriter, comedian|
|Brands Endorsed||Jamie has appeared in TV commercials for |
1. Coors Light Beer (2000)
2. Public Service Announcement for The One Campaign (2005)
3. Verizon wireless telephone service (2016)
4. Under Armor
|Career Manager||1. LBI Entertainment|
2. The Gersh Agency, Inc.
Height, Weight, and Figure Measurements
|Height (Approx.)||in Feet/Inches- 5'9" |
in Centimeters- 175 cm
in Meters- 1.75m
|Weight (Approx.)||in Kilograms- 82 kg|
in Pounds- 181 lbs
|Chest Size||42 Inches|
|Hips Size||34 Inches|
|Waist Size||38 Inches|
|Biceps Sizes||16 Inches|
Extra Ordinary Features
|Specialities||• Small mustache|
• Ear piercing
• Muscular body
• Freckles on nose
|Race / Ethnicity||Black|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|Dress Size||Not Known|
|Shoe Size||9 (US)|
|Favourite Comics||Red Foxx|
|Favourite Songs||• Do Me, Baby- Prince|
• S*xual Healing- Marvin Gaye
• Always and Forever- Heatwave
• It’s All About the Benjamins- Sean Combs
• Lady- Lionel Richie
He was born on 13 December 1967, in Terrell, Texas, USA, to Louise Annette Talley and Darrell Bishop. After his parents’ marriage dissolved, Foxx was adopted by his maternal grandparents when he was less than a year old. He was musically inclined from childhood and started playing the piano when he was five. He also had a knack for telling jokes and making people laugh.
He attended ‘Terrell High School’ and was academically brilliant. He was also skilled at playing sports like football and basketball. He also played music with a band called ‘Leather and Lace.’ He earned a scholarship to the ‘United States International University’ to study classical music and composition.
Jamie Foxx Net Worth
Jamie Foxx has a net worth of $150 million.
|Estimated Net Worth in 2020||$150 million|
|Estimated Net Worth in 2019||$100 million|
|Previous Year's Net Worth (2018)||Under Review|
|Annual Salary||$16.67 Millions|
|Income Source||Actor, singer, songwriter, comedian|
His roles in Ali (2001, in which he starred opposite Will Smith), Breakin’ All the Rules, and Collateral, which grossed $217.7 million worldwide. The sprawling single-story compound once owned by actor-singer-comedian Jamie Foxx has hit the market for $3.299 million, records show.
The Oscar winner owned the double-lot property from 1997 to 2008, and it’s bounced around a bit since then, trading hands three times since 2008 and most recently selling for $3.05 million in 2017. Foxx’s fingerprints are all over the abode, which boasts a roughly 6,000-square-foot residence, a massive deck, a swimming pool, and a detached gym.
In the corner of the nearly one-acre property, a basketball court is emblazoned with the word “Foxxhole” the name of the entertainer’s comedy radio channel that began in 2007.
Relationship with Katie Holmes
Foxx, who has two daughters, became romantically involved with actress Katie Holmes sometime after her split from Tom Cruise in 2012, though they remained tight-lipped about their relationship for many years. In August 2019 it was reported that the couple had broken up. Foxx has occasionally found himself in legal trouble.
He was arrested in 2003 following an altercation with security guards at a New Orleans casino, ultimately drawing two years’ probation. In 2018, a woman accused the actor of attacking her after she refused to partake in s*xual activity with him in 2002. Foxx called the allegations “absurd” and said he would pursue legal action against his accuser.
Jamie Foxx Movies And TV Shows
- Leaving college, Foxx moved to Los Angeles to pursue a career in comedy. In 1991 he was hired as a regular cast member on the Fox variety show In Living Color.
- Foxx left In Living Color in 1994, but in 1996 he returned to television with The Jamie Foxx Show, playing a struggling Los Angeles actor who lives in a hotel owned by his aunt and uncle.
- Jamie Foxx By the time his show ended in 2001, Foxx was beginning to be viewed as a talented dramatic actor. This was due in large part to his performance in the sports drama Any Given Sunday (1999).
- Playing football star Willie Beamen, Foxx showed incredible range in his performance and held his own against one of the film’s greats, Al Pacino.
- His next notable film role was in Michael Mann’s Ali (2001), and he later earned praise for his performance opposite Tom Cruise in the thriller Collateral (2004).
- While Collateral was a critical and commercial hit, Foxx drew more attention that year for his starring role as Ray Charles in the biopic Ray. Bringing the legendary R&B musician to life on the big screen, Foxx earned Best Actor wins at both the Academy Awards and Golden Globes.
- Following Ray, Foxx took an interesting array of roles with mixed results. The military action film Stealth (2005), with Josh Lucas and Jessica Biel, was a critical and financial dud.
- That same year, he garnered some critical praise for his turn as a marine serving in the Middle East in Jarhead, with Jake Gyllenhaal, but the movie failed to attract much of an audience.
- After teaming up with Colin Farrell for Michael Mann’s big-screen adaptation of the popular 1980s cop show Miami Vice (2006), Foxx co-starred in Dreamgirls (2006), with Jennifer Hudson and Beyoncé, as a scheming car salesman who becomes a manager for R&B star James Thunder Early (played by Eddie Murphy).
- His character then transforms Early’s backup singers, the Dreamettes, into an all-female supergroup. The film is loosely based on the ’60s pop group the Supremes.
- In late 2012 Foxx burst back onto the big screen with a leading role in Quentin Tarantino’s action western Django Unchained. He starred as Django, a freed slave who teams up with a bounty hunter (Christoph Waltz) to find his wife (Kerry Washington) and face off against the plantation owner (Leonardo DiCaprio) who has her captive. The cast also included Samuel L. Jackson and Jonah Hill.
- Foxx then co-starred in the 2013 action film White House Down as President Sawyer, opposite Channing Tatum. In 2014 he reprised earlier roles in Rio 2 and Horrible Bosses 2; played the villain Electro in The Amazing Spider-Man 2 and took on the role of the Daddy Warbucks-like William Stacks for a remake of Annie.
- Foxx took a break from the screen, before resurfacing in 2017 with the crime flicks Sleepless and Baby Driver. In late 2018, following the announcement that he would star in an adaptation of the popular comic book series Spawn, Foxx appeared in a remake of Robin Hood as the title character’s trusted friend, Little John.
- The following year, he delivered a strong performance in Just Mercy, based on the story of an African-American pulpwood worker who was wrongfully convicted of the 1986 murder of a young white woman.
- Next up for the actor is a leading voice role in the animated Soul, as well as a re-pairing with Downey in the sports comedy All-Star Weekend.
|1996||The Truth About Cats & Dogs|
The Great White Hype
|1997 ||Booty Call|
|1998||The Players Club|
|1999 ||Held Up|
Any Given Sunday
|2004||Breakin' All the Rules|
Elmo's Christmas Countdown
Law Abiding Citizen
I'm Still Here
|2012 ||Django Unchained|
|2013 ||White House Down|
The Amazing Spider-Man 2
A Million Ways to Die in the West
Horrible Bosses 2
QT8: The First Eight
|Yet To Be Released||All-Star Weekend|
TV Shows & Serials List
|1991–94||In Living Color|
|1996||Hangin' with Mr. Cooper|
|1996–97||3rd Rock from the Sun|
|1996–2001 ||The Jamie Foxx Show|
|2000, 2012||Saturday Night Live|
|2001 ||2001 MTV Video Music Awards|
Redemption: The Stan Tookie Williams Story
|2011||When I Was 17|
|2013||David Blaine: Real or Magic|
|2016 ||Jackie Robinson|
|2017 ||White Famous|
Beat Shazam (2017–present)
|2019||Live in Front of a Studio Audience|
- Jamie’s parents divorced a few months after his birth. His mother’s parents by whom she was adopted, took care, and raised Jamie.
- He was raised in the black part of Terrell which was known as the racial community.
- Foxx stated that his mother has been the most influential person in his life and she is the biggest reason for his success.
- As a kid, he was naturally talented in telling jokes. In school, he would tell jokes to the class if the students in the class behaved properly (as a form of reward to the class).
- His teenage dream was to play for the NFL team Dallas Cowboys.
- Jamie served as a member of the music band Leather and Lace for a short time.
- He supports the NBA’s Miami Heat.
- Jamie and his former co-star Garcelle Beauvais made a pact to not get romantically involved with each other.
- Jamie was listed in the 50 Most Beautiful People by People Magazine in 2005.
- One of his idols is R. Kelly.
- In 2006, Foxx was selected as one of the Hottest Bachelors by People Magazine.
- He is a fan of professional wrestling.
- Ray achieved a total of 22 awards for his role as Ray Charles in the movie Ray (2004).
- When it comes to comedy movies, Jamie idolizes Richard Pryor. Denzel Washington is his idol in acting and
- Steve Hardin is his role model in music.
- As a kid, Foxx attended piano classes.
- He first used to perform as a stand-up comedian.
- Jamie has played as a quarterback in the high school’s football team.
- On January 18, 2016, Jamie saved a young man from his truck after he crashed near Foxx’s home. After the incident, the driver Brett Kyle was charged with driving under the influence.
- His daughter Corinne was selected as the Miss Golden Globe 2016 on November 18, 2015.
What Disease Does Jamie Foxx Have?
It Was “A Deep-seated Dread Of Mental Illness That Was Exacerbated By An Incident When He Was 18 When His Drink Was Spiked By The Hallucinogenic Drug Pcp (Phencyclidine) At A College Party,” Blackdoctor.Org Reports. That Episode Has Played Over And Over In Foxx’s Mind Throughout The Years.
Are Katie Holmes And Jamie Foxx Still Together?
Under-the-radar Couple Jamie Foxx And Katie Holmes Have Called It Quits After Six Years Of Dating. An Entertainment Source Confirmed To People “Jamie And Katie Split.” The Pair, Who Have Been Linked Since 2013, Parted Ways In May The Same Month That They Posed Together For The First Time At The 2019 Met Gala.
Has Jamie Foxx Ever Been Married?
He Was In A Relationship With Katie Holmes Who Is An American Actress Since 2013 But They Officially Broke Up Their Six-year-long Romance Recently In August 2019. He Has Two Daughters: Corinne (Born 1994) And Anelise (Born August 2009) Though Their Mother’s Name Is Unknown.
Did Jamie Foxx Actually Sing In Ray?
Mr. Foxx Plays All The Piano In “Ray,” But He Made No Attempt To Reproduce Charles’s Distinctive Vocals. Foxx Has A Good Singing Voice And Can Do A Pretty Respectable Impression, But He Is No Ray Charles. The Singing You’re Hearing In The Film Is Charles’.
Are Katie Holmes And Jamie Foxx Married?
Foxx’s Rep Told People At The Time That The Movie Stars Were Neither Engaged Nor Married. In 2015, A Source Told People They Weren’t Getting Serious. “Jamie And Katie Are Friends And Have Been For A Long Time. They Are Two Adults Who Are Attractive And Single, And So Apparently Conclusions Will Be Drawn.
Are Tom Cruise And Jamie Foxx Still Friends?
Former Best Friends, Tom Cruise, And Jamie Foxx Are Now Officially Not Speaking, And It Has Everything To Do With Katie Holmes. “As Jamie And Katie Have Become More And More Public About Dating, Tom Has Become More And More Distant With His Former Best Friend, Jamie.