Colombian professional footballer Miguel Angel Borja Hernandez (born 26 January 1993) plays as a forward for the Argentinian club River Plate and the Colombian national team. The Colombian Paulista award for Team of the Year was won by Borja in 2018. The player began his career with Deportivo Cali FC before making his professional debut in 2011. He signed a contract with America de Call at the age of 17. While playing for Atletico Nacional in 2016, Miguel won the South American Footballer of the Year award, the Campeonato Paulista Top Goal Scorer award in 2018, and was an integral part of the winning team of the Campeonato Paulista in 2018.
In addition to participating in the Keine Daten National Cup Competition, he has also represented Independiente Santa Fe in the Libertadores in 2015, Atletico Nacional in 2016, Sociedade Esportiva Palmeiras in 2017 & 2018, and Independiente Santa Fe in the Copa Sudamericana in 2015, and Atletico Nacional in 2016. Atletico Nacional also participated in the Club World Cup in 2016. During the 2016 Apertura tournament, he broke Jackson Martinez’s record for most goals scored in a league tournament by scoring 19 goals in 21 matches.
He was born to his mother Nicolasa Hernández Smith and his father José Borja Pérez in Tierralta, Colombia. In addition, he is a married guy. He was married to his wife Linda Pérez. Miguel Borja and his wife Linda Pérez blessed with three sons, among of them one is named Joe while the names of the other 2 sons are still not known.
Miguel Borja Bio/Wiki
The table below reveals concise information about Miguel Borja. It gives you the ability to read through the Colombian footballer’s profile as fast as possible.
[table id=5043 /]
Miguel Borja Net Worth
In 2023, what will Miguel Borja’s salary be?
In Jul 2022 Miguel Borja signed a contract with CA River Plate FC that ends in Dec 2025 which netted him a whopping salary of £1,904,980 per year. We have crunched the numbers, this means he earns £5,234 per day and £219 per hour!
[table id=5044 /]
His stock is on the rise thanks to his performances on the pitch. Miguel Borja has an estimated net worth of around $18 Million, and his market value is about $4.07 million.
Miguel Borja FIFA 22 – Potential And Rating
In FIFA 22, Miguel Borja has an overall rating of 76 with a potential of 76. Miguel Borja has got a 3-star skillmoves rating.
[table id=5045 /]
He prefers to shoot with his right foot. His workrates are Medium / High. Miguel Borja’s height is 184 cm and his weight is estimated at 74 kg according to our database. Currently, Miguel Borja is playing with numbers 9 and 19.
- Borja made his professional debut with Deportivo Cali in 2011.
- In the same year, he was transferred to Cucuta Deportivo, a club in which he had few opportunities to play.
- A short time later, he was transferred again, this time to Cortuluá, a team playing in the Category Primera B division.
- It was during this time that Borja would make a name for himself in the second division of Colombia, often being referred to as a ‘fast’ and ‘complete goalscorer’, as well as possessing impressive ball handling abilities.
- In 2013, his impressive performances with Cortuluá led him to be selected as an alternative striker for Colombia’s national under-20 team.
- Independiente Medellin was reported to be interested in acquiring Borja’s services on 17 January 2013.
- Nevertheless, nothing was finalized, and Borja was sold to La Equidad of the first division. Borja scored four goals in two disputable games before being transferred to Serie A side Livorno.
Livorno On Loan
- Borja signed a loan agreement with the Italian club Livorno during the summer of 2013.
- This loan consisted of a fee of €150,000 with an option to purchase for €1.5 million.
- He made his debut for Le Triglie on 20 October, coming off the bench in a 1–2 loss to Sampdoria.
- Borja made seven appearances for the club but was unable to score a goal. After placing last for the season, Livorno was relegated to Serie B.
Return to Colombia
- Independiente Santa Fe loaned Borja for the second half of 2015.
- Borja scored ten goals in 33 matches during that season. With the team, he won the 2015 Copa Sudamericana (played seven matches without scoring).
- During the 2016 season, he was sold to Cortuluá, which finished 17th in the league the previous season.
- Borja broke the record for most goals scored by a player in a league tournament during the Apertura tournament of the season (since 2002, the league is divided into two tournaments, the Apertura and Finalización).
- Jackson Martnez held the previous record with 18 goals in the 2009 Completion.
- His team, Cortuluá, reached the semi-finals, where they lost to Independiente Medellin.
- On 8 June, he was transferred once again, this time to Atlético Nacional.
- During his first match for his new team, he scored twice against Sao Paulo in the Copa Libertadores semi-finals, a feat he repeated in the second leg a week later.
- In the final series against Ecuadorian team Independiente del Valle, which Atlético Nacional won 2–1 on aggregate, he scored the decisive goal.
A few days ago, it was announced that Borja had agreed to transfer to Palmeiras. A five-year deal is believed to be worth $10.5 million.
In Brazilian football, Borja became the fourth most expensive transfer.
Atlético Junior On Loan
Borja signed a one-year loan deal with Atlético Junior on 28 December.
Gremio On Loan
Borja joined Gremio as a loanee from Palmeiras on 5 August 2021.
Miguel Borja Transfer To River Plate
On July 2022 Miguel Borja signed a 3 and half year contract with the argentine club River Plate for a huge transfer fee of $7.37 million.
He made one substitute appearance in Colombia’s group-stage match against Senegal at the 2018 FIFA World Cup in Russia.
Miguel Borja is 30 years old as of 2023.
Miguel Borja is 184 cm or 6 ft 0 in tall.
Miguel Borja’s preferred foot is right.
Miguel Borja is from Colombia.
After reading his biography, you will agree with me that Miguel Borja worked so hard to achieve success. Even poor kids from the slum can dream big and achieve their dreams thanks to him.
It is important to note that his father and mother were key catalysts in his success story. His career life would not be the same without their contributions. They deserve all the accolades for what they have done.
In addition, his sibling’s and friends’ efforts should not be overlooked. As a result of them, he never experienced loneliness or depression during his childhood. Miguel Borja has grown into a cheerful youth as a result of them.
Here Is An Appreciation Note For Your Consideration
Thank you for reading this engaging article about the life journey of the Colombian footballer. Hopefully, Miguel Borja’s childhood story has made you believe that patience and persistence can overcome anything.
At WoodGram, we strive for fairness and accuracy in our biographies. Feel free to contact us or leave a comment below if you found anything fishy in the article on Miguel Borja.