Maureen McCormick is a famous American actress, author, and recording artist. She gained her popularity from playing the character of ‘Marcia Brady’ on the popular ABC television series named ‘The Brady Bunch’ from 1969 to 1974. She later reprised the character in several ‘The Brady Bunch’ spin-offs i.e ‘The Brady Kids’, ‘The Brady Bunch Hour’, ‘The Brady Brides’ and ‘A Very Brady Christmas’. She also attempted a career as a recording artist and delivered four studio albums with the ‘Brady Bunch’ cast.
She even has a solo album release, a country album called ‘When You Get a Little Lonely’. She has performed on various reality shows on television like the ‘Celebrity Fit Club’ for VH1, ‘Gone Country’ for CMT, and the Australian version of ‘I’m a Celebrity. Get Me Out of Here!’ Her biography which was announced in 2008 debuted at number 4 on ‘The New York Times’ bestselling books list and got both positive publicity and negative criticism.
- Bruce Jenner Bio, Age, Height, Children, Net Worth, Movies & Wiki
- Sam Elliott Bio, Age, Wife, Children, Movies, Net Worth & TV Shows
|Birth Name||Maureen Denise McCormick|
|Age||(as in 2022) 66 Years|
|Sun Sign/Zodiac Sign||Leo|
|Birth Place||Encino, Los Angeles, California, United States|
|Date of Birth||05 August 1956|
|Residence||Westlake Village, Los Angeles, California, United States|
|Home Town||Encino, Los Angeles|
|Mother's Name||Irene McCormick|
|Father's Name||William McCormick (Teacher)|
|Brother||• Michael McCormick (Older)|
• Dennis McCormick (Older)
• Kevin McCormick (Older)
|Others||• Joseph McCormick (Paternal Grandfather)|
• Theodore Xavier Beckman (Maternal Grandfather)
• Helen Christine Fischer (Maternal Grandmother)
|Affairs/Boyfriends||• Barry Williams (1969-1974)|
• Michael Jackson (1973)
• Steve Martin (1976)
• Steve Guttenberg (1983)
Marital Status, Husband and Children
|Marriage Date||16 March 1985|
|Children||Daughter- Natalie Michelle (b. May 19, 1989)|
|School||• Taft Charter School Woodland Hills, California|
• Hollywood Professional School
|Educational Qualification||Not Available|
|Profession||Actress, Singer, Author|
|Brands Endorsed||• Kool-Aid drink mix|
• Mattel Living Barbie doll
• Pillsbury Chocolate Chip Cookie dough
|Career Manager||• Sovereign Talent Group|
• Talent Agency, Westwood, California, United States
Height, Weight, and Figure Measurements
|Height (Approx.)||in centimeters- 160 cm|
in meters- 1.60 m
in feet inches- 5’3”
|Weight (Approx.)||in kilograms- 59 kg|
in pounds- 130 lbs
|Breast Size||36 Inches|
|Hips Size||37 Inches|
|Waist Size||26 Inches|
Extra Ordinary Features
|Race / Ethnicity||White|
|Favourite Actress||Not Available|
|Favourite Actors||Not Available|
|Favourite Colors||Not Available|
|Favourite Sport||Not Available|
Maureen Denise McCormick was born on August 5, 1956, in Woodland Hills, California, the youngest and only daughter of Richard McCormick and Irene McCormick. Her father was a school teacher, and her mother was a housewife. McCormick’s grandmother passed away from syphilis in a mental organization, infected by her husband, who took it in Europe during World War I (and who committed suicide a week after his wife’s death).
McCormick’s mother got syphilis in utero, and McCormick dealt with a lifelong but groundless fear that she would also get the disease. She is of Irish and German descent and was raised in a Catholic family.
Starting at a very early age, McCormick loved to sing and dance, and would often put on puppet shows for the neighborhood children. Her fairytale beginning to fame started when she earned the Baby Miss San Fernando Valley contest at the age of 6, which pointed to a call from talent agent Pat Domigan of the Jack Wormser Agency, who requested if she would like to be in show business.
McCormick settled her first important job in 1964 when she acted in a television commercial for Mattel’s newest doll, “Baby Pattaburp.” Later that year, she did another commercial for the company’s “Chatty Cathy” doll and was soon cast in the performance Wind It Up And It Breaks, at the La Jolla Playhouse.
McCormick had a turbulent romance with her co-star in ‘Brady Bunch’, Barry Williams. After the cancellation of the sitcom, she got involved in cocaine and quaaludes that destroyed her career. She also underwent depression and bulimia.
On 16 March 1985, she became married to Michael Cummings and the couple has a child, Natalie Michelle (1989). After her marriage, she went through therapy and rehab and gradually got her life back on track. She had been handled with anti-depressants like Prozac and her friendship with the ‘The Brady Bunch’ family has also supported her in coping with the bad times.
On 14 October 2008, Harper Collins wrote her autobiography titled ‘Here’s the Story: Surviving Marcia Brady and Finding My True Voice’ that earned a lot of positive as well as negative reviews.
Maureen McCormick Net Worth
Maureen McCormick has a net worth of $4 million.
|Estimated Net Worth in 2022 (Approx)||$4 Million|
|Estimated Net Worth in 2021 (Approx)||Under Review|
|Annual Salary||Under Review|
|Income Source||Actress, Singer, Author|
Maureen Mccormick currently resides in Westlake Village, Los Angeles, California, United States. She sold her three-bedroom, two-bathroom home in Woodland Hills, California for $635,000.
Maureen McCormick Movies And TV Shows
- In 1969, Maureen McCormick was elected from 1,200 girls in the audition for the character of ‘Marcia Brady’ (the eldest of the three ash-blonde daughters) in the TV sitcom ‘The Brady Bunch’. The show also had Robert Reed and Florence Henderson in major characters as a much-in-love newly married couple in a blended family. The show got a great response and was displayed for five consecutive years on ABC.
- In 1970, she gave her beautiful voice to a Chatty Cathy doll, which was re-launched in a new avatar.
- As a recording artist, Maureen McCormick had recorded four albums with the cast of the ‘Brady Bunch’ and also went on tours. In 1972, she delivered her first solo with the song – ‘Truckin’ Back to You.’
- In 1973, an album named ‘Chris Knight and Maureen McCormick’ consisting of both solo and duet tracks was conceived in a partnership with Christopher Knight, her co-star in ‘Brady Bunch’.
- McCormick’s next solo single – ‘Little Bird’ and ‘Just a Singin’ Alone’ played averagely on the musical charts in the Western United States. Later, she gained an appreciation for playing ‘Little Bird’ on ‘American Bandstand’ and was encouraged to continue her career in singing by the host, Dick Clark.
- In 1973, she delivered one more single called ‘Love’s in the Roses’ and it was further backed with ‘Harmonize.’ After a long time in 1995, she delivered her first (and only) solo album to date – ‘When You Get a Little Lonely’ which garnered positive reviews.
- Her popularity as the role of Marcia Brady received a lot of long-lasting, cross-generational fame that gave a lift to multiple films and spinoffs – a mini-series ‘The Brady Brides’ (1981) and a movie ‘The Brady Girls Get Married’(1981). However, when ‘The Bradys’ series started in 1990 as a renewal of ‘The Brady’s Bunch’, Maureen was unable to perform Marcia Brady as she had just given birth to a child.
- Following her breakthrough with ‘The Brady Bunch’, she performed in many guest characters on various TV sitcoms like ‘Donny & Marie’, ‘Love Boat’, ‘Happy Days’, ‘Vega$’, ‘Fantasy Island’ and ‘Streets of San Francisco’.
- She also acted in many supporting characters like in ‘The Idolmaker’, ‘A Vacation in Hell’ (1979), ‘Skatetown, USA,’ (1979), and ‘Return to Horror High’ (1987).
- Maureen McCormick played in several musical stage productions, performing the characters of Wendy Darling in ‘Peter Pan’ and Betty Rizzo in ‘Grease’, during the years of 1980-90s. She was also the first to play Rebecca Crane in ‘Passions’, the famous soap opera.
- In 2008, she entered the cast of ‘Gone Country’ (a CMT reality show) and it led to another spinoff reality show named the ‘Outsiders Inn’. She started a ‘bed and breakfast’ accommodation in Newport, Tennessee as a part of the show.
- In 2009, Maureen McCormick was present for the Comedy Central’s roast of ‘Larry the Cable Guy’. She also loved performing as her most favorite character (Marcia Brady) on one of the episodes of ‘Scrubs’ around the same time.
- On 30 August 2016, she was declared as one of the celebrities who would arrive on ‘Dancing with the Stars’ for its 23rd season. She had Artem Chigvintsev (a professional dancer) as her partner and they stood 8th in the show.
|1976||Pony Express Rider|
|1977||Moonshine County Express|
|1983||Shout for Joy|
|1987||Return to Horror High|
|1996||A Very Brady Sequel|
|1999||Baby Huey's Great Easter Adventure|
|2000 ||The Million Dollar Kid|
|2001||Title to Murder|
|2002||Jane White Is Sick & Twisted|
|2003||Dickie Roberts: Former Child Star|
|2012||Snow White: A Deadly Summer|
|2015||Lift Me Up|
Rock Paper Dead
TV Shows & Serials List
|1965||The Farmer's Daughter|
|1965–66 ||Camp Runamuck|
|1966||I Dream of Jeannie|
|1967||My Three Sons|
|1969–1974||The Brady Bunch|
|1972||The ABC Saturday Superstar Movie|
The Brady Kids
|1973 ||Marcus Welby, M.D.|
|1976||The Streets of San Francisco|
|1976–77 ||The Brady Bunch Hour|
The Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew Mysteries
|1977–1982 ||The Love Boat|
|1978–1983 ||Fantasy Island|
A Vacation in Hell
|1981||The Brady Brides|
|1988||A Very Brady Christmas|
|1989||Day by Day|
|1993||Bradymania: A Very Brady Special|
|1996 ||The Single Guy|
|1997||Touched by an Angel|
Get to the Heart: The Barbara Mandrell Story'
|2000–2002||Son of the Beach|
|2001 ||It's Like, You Know|
|2002||The Ellen Show|
|2003||The Brothers García|
|2004||The Brady Bunch 35th Anniversary Reunion Special|
|2014||Naughty & Nice|
|2016||Nightmare Next Door|
|2017||The Loud House|
The Guest Book
|2019||A Very Brady Renovation|
Drugs, Pills, and Bulimia
McCormick struggled for years with body issues and bulimia that started in her teen years and finally put her on a path of self-sacrifice. After The Brady Bunch finished its run, McCormick saw it impossible to shake off her pristine, good-girl image and found it tough to get serious acting characters. She performed guest appearances on the TV shows The Streets of San Francisco, Love Boat, Fantasy Island, Vegas, Happy Days, Donny & Marie, and Fantasy Island, along with supporting characters in a string of B-rated films.
After being passed over for a more serious character in the movie Midnight Express, acting Brad Davis, she arrived a character in Taking Down in 1979, but by that time, she was haunting the cocaine dens of Hollywood, becoming addicted to drugs and pills. She once declared to dating actor Steve Martin while she was “fried” out of her brain. The two had only one date. During the making of The Brady Brides, McCormick’s agent found her in her closet, high on cocaine, after missing three days of production.
“I was so addicted to cocaine, it nearly destroyed me,” McCormick stated in a conversation with Access Hollywood. “It became my everything.
- Bruce Willis Bio, Age, Wife, Children, Net Worth, Movies, TV Shows & Wiki
- Octavia Spencer Bio, Age, Oscar, Husband, Net Worth, Movies & Wiki
- Her mother, Irene, expired in 2004, after battling cancer for 3 years, leaving a serious impact on Maureen.
- In 2007, she emerged in the country singer, Brad Paisley‘s music video “Online” alongside Jason Alexander, also featuring other actors like Estelle Harris, Patrick Warburton, and William Shatner.
- She has represented the character of Marcia Brady in 6 different series particularly, The Brady Bunch (1969-1974), The ABC Saturday Superstar Movie (1972), The Brady Kids (1972), The Brady Bunch Variety Hour (1976-1977), The Brady Brides (1981), and Day by Day (1989).
- On October 14, 2008, she delivered an autobiography titled “Here’s the Story: Surviving Marcia Brady and Finding My True Voice” through HarperCollins, debuting at #4 on The New York Times bestseller listing.
- With the progress of her popularity, Maureen experienced from addictions to cocaine and Quaaludes which later led to depression and bulimia making her an unpredictable actress in the industry during that phase.
- Her advice to all fighting with drug addiction is to stay away from friends who are under the attraction.
- She’s also performed in numerous reality TV shows including VH1’s Celebrity Fit Club (2007), CMT‘s Gone Country (2008), the Australian version of I’m a Celebrity Get Me Out of Here! (2015), and Dancing with the Stars (2016).
- She once worried that she would get syphilis as her grandmother died of the disease and her mother too got infected by the same disease in her uterus.
Was Eve Plumb As Pretty As Maureen Mccormick?
While Every Other Boy In The Country Wanted Marcia (Mccormick), I Was Infatuated With Jan (Plumb). Towards The End Of The Series, It Seemed As If Jan Got Even More Attractive. Especially When She Got Glasses.
What Does Maureen Mccormick Do Now?
In 2016, Mccormick Competed In Season 23 Of Dancing With The Stars, Finishing In Eighth Place. In 2019, She Participated In A Very Brady Renovation, A Spinoff Off Hgtv’s Popular Property Brothers House-renovation Program Which Reunited Mccormick With Many Of Her Old Castmates For A Project To Recreate Their Tv Home.
What STD Was Maureen Mccormick Born With?
Mccormick’s Mother Contracted Syphilis In Utero, And Mccormick Dealt With A Lifelong But Unfounded Fear That She Would Also Get The Disease. She Is Of Irish And German Descent And Was Raised In A Catholic Family. At Age Six, She Won The Baby Miss San Fernando Valley Beauty Pageant.
Is It True That In The Tv Show The Brady Bunch, Maureen Mccormick Really Got Hit In The Face With A Football, And They Wrote The Episode Around Her Injury?
Yes, It Is True She Injured Her Nose, But In A Car Accident, So They Wrote It Into The Episode.