Bruce Willis is a skilled television and movie actor popular for portraying multifaceted characters. While he shot to stardom with his depiction of David Addison Jr. in the television series ‘Moonlighting,’ he is better known for his action and dramatic performances in movies like ‘Die Hard’ and ‘The Sixth Sense.’ As a youngster, he had a stuttering problem and took to stage performances in order to overcome this problem. Coming from a family of blue-collar workers, he took up a number of menial jobs before venturing into professional acting. After going through a period as a struggling actor, he finally landed his first gig in an off-Broadway production of ‘Heaven and Earth.’
He made his entry into television by getting the character of David Addison Jr. in the series ‘Moonlighting’ after struggling against 3000 other contenders. Soon, the aspiring actor got his lead character in ‘Blind Date.’ However, it was his depiction of John McClane in ‘Die Hard’ that catapulted him to superstardom. Today, the multiple-award-winning actor is not just one of the highest-grossing actors in Hollywood, but also one of the much explored after. The actor also attempted his hand at singing and delivered a pop-blues album named ‘The Return of Bruno’ which enjoyed moderate success.
Bruce Willis Wiki/Bio
|Birth Name||Walter Bruce Willis|
Buck-Buck (Got this name during school time)
|Age||(as in 2023) 58 Years|
|Religion||Willis was Lutheran (precisely Lutheran Church–Missouri Synod)|
|Sun Sign/Zodiac Sign||Pisces|
|Birth Place||Idar-Oberstein, Rhineland-Palatinate, West Germany|
|Date of Birth||19 March 1955|
|Residence||• Los Angeles, California, U.S|
• Hailey, Idaho, U.S.
|Home Town||Idar-Oberstein, Rhineland-Palatinate, West Germany|
|Father’s Name||David Andrew Willis (American Soldier)|
|Brother||• David Willis (Younger)|
• Robert Willis (Younger)
|Sister||• Florence Willis (Younger)|
|Affairs/Girlfriends||• Demi Moore (1987-1998)|
• Estella Warren (2002)
• Janice Dickinson
• Maria Bravo (1999-2001)
• Alisha Klass (2000-2001)
• Rachel Hunter (2001-2002)
• Nadia Bjorlin (2002)
• Brooke Burns (2003-2004)
• Emily Sandberg (2002)
• Kim Cattrall (2003)
• Lindsay Lohan (2005)
• Aida Yespica (2005)
• Karen McDougal (2007)
• Emma Heming (2009-Present)
Marital Status, Wife and Children
|Wife/Spouse||Emma Heming Willis (m. 2009)|
Demi Moore (m. 1987–2000)
|Marriage Date||March 21, 2009 (Emma Heming Willis) |
November 21, 1987 (Demi Moore)
|Children||Son – None|
Daughters- • Mabel Ray Willis (b. April 1, 2012)
• Evelyn Penn Willis (b. May 5, 2014)
• Scout Willis
• Tallulah Willis
• Rumer Willis
|School||Penns Grove High School in New Jersey|
|College/University||Montclair State College|
|Profession||Actor, Singer, Producer|
|Brands Endorsed||• First series of Levi’s 501 Blues commercials (1986)|
• Seagram’s 7 Golden Wine Cooler (with Sharon Stone) (1996)
• “Subaru Legacy” (Japan) (1992-1994)
• VISA credit cards (2001)
• Eneos Service Stations (Japan)
• NTT DoCoMo Mova (Japan) (1991)
• Subaru Legacy Outback (Japan) (2005)
• Sky Broadband with Jessica Ransom (2013)
• Sobieski Vodka (Poland) (2010)
• Honda – Super Bowl 2014 (February 2013)
|Career Manager||• Michael Kives, Avi Wasserman, Joel Lubin, and Peter Hess, Talent Agents, Creative Artists Agency (CAA), Los Angeles, California, U.S.|
• Peter Hess, Talent Agent Commercial, Creative Artists Agency (CAA), Los Angeles, California, U.S.
• Joe Mann, Talent Agent Literary, Creative Artists Agency (CAA), Los Angeles, California, U.S.
• Paul Bloch and Samantha Mast, Publicists, Rogers & Cowan, Los Angeles, California, U.S.
• Ben Rubinfeld, Legal Representative, Ziffren Brittenham, Los Angeles, California, U.S.
Height, Weight, and Figure Measurements
|Height (Approx.)||in centimeters- 183 cm|
in meters- 1.83 m
in feet inches- 6’0”
|Weight (Approx.)||in kilograms- 84 kg|
in pounds- 185 lbs
|Chest Size||44 inches|
|Biceps Size||14 inches|
|Waist Size||34 inches|
Extra Ordinary Features
|Race / Ethnicity||White|
|Hair Color||Dark Brown (Natural)|
|Dress Size||Not Available|
|Shoe Size||10 (US)|
Bruce Willis was born in the West German town of Idar-Oberstein on March 19, 1955. His mother, Marlene, was a German woman from Kassel. His father, David Willis, was an American soldier. Willis has a younger sister named Florence and two younger brothers called Robert (deceased) and David. After being released from the military in 1957, his father took the family back to his hometown of Carneys Point, New Jersey.
Willis has explained his past as a “long line of blue-collar people”. His mother served in a bank and his father was a welder, chief mechanic, and factory worker. He joined Penns Grove High School, where he received a stutter and was nicknamed “Buck-Buck” by his schoolmates. He entered the drama club, got that acting on stage reduced his stutter, and was finally elected student council president.
David Letterman Bio, Age, Wife, Son, Net Worth, Movies, TV Shows & Wiki
After graduating from high school in 1973, Willis served as a security guard at the Salem Nuclear Power Plant and brought crew members at the DuPont Chambers Works factory in Deepwater, New Jersey. After working as a private investigator (a character he would later perform in the comedy-drama series Moonlighting and the action-comedy film The Last Boy Scout), he trained to action.
He entered in the Drama Program at Montclair State University, where he was cast in a production of Cat on a Hot Tin Roof. He left school in 1977 and moved to New York City, where he established himself in the early 1980s as a bartender at the Manhattan art bar Kamikaze while living in the Hell’s Kitchen neighborhood.
In 1987, Willis married actress Demi Moore. The couple, who divorced in 2000, have three children together: Rumer Willis (b. 1988), Scout LaRue Willis (b. 1991) and Tallulah Belle Willis (b. 1994).
On March 21, 2009, Willis, who continues close to ex-wife Demi Moore (he visited her wedding to Ashton Kutcher in 2005) and shares custody of his three children with her, backtracked on his promise never to marry again, when he tied the knot with model-actress Emma Heming at the Turks and Caicos Islands.
They then married again a few days later in a civil ceremony at Willis’ California home. Willis and Heming have two daughters, Mabel Ray (b. 2012) and Evelyn Penn (b. 2014).
Bruce Willis Net Worth
Bruce Willis has a net worth of $280 million.
|Estimated Net Worth in 2023 (Approx)||$280 Million|
|Estimated Net Worth in 2022 (Approx)||$250 Million|
|Estimated Net Worth in 2021 (Approx)||Under Review|
|Annual Salary||Under Review|
|Income Source||Actor, Singer, Producer|
His earnings from 1999’s The Sixth Sense figured $100 million thanks to a fair cut of the film’s gross. His upfront salary was $14 million. After being moved to the A-List, Willis started landing film roles. In 1988 he starred for the first time as John McClane in Die Hard.
The role further plastered his status as a star, now of both television and films. He made $5 million for the first Die Hard, $7.5 million for the second, $15 million for the third, and $25 million for the fourth. In total, before even adjusting for inflation, Bruce has received at least $52 million from the Die Hard franchise. After taking into account the increase, it’s more like $70-80 million.
Bruce owns and has held a number of extremely valuable properties around the globe. In March 2019 he listed a sprawling property in Turks and Caicos for $33 million. Around the same time, he bought a home in Brentwood, California. A few months prior he listed a home in upstate New York for $13 million and traded a home in Idaho for $5 million.
In April 2018 he sold a New York City penthouse for $18 million. In 2014 he sold his former Beverly Hills mansion for $16.5 million. In 2016, Bruce’s ex-wife Demi listed an NYC penthouse that they bought together in 1990 for a whopping $75 million.
The Sixth Sense is by far Bruce’s biggest career payday. For the film, he took an upfront salary of $14 million-plus a large percentage of the gross receipts. In total, he ended up earning around $100 million from the movie. He has been commanding 8-figure salaries since the late 1980s.
Maureen McCormick Bio, Age, Net Worth, Movies, TV Shows & Wiki
In 1988 he earned $5 million for a movie, which is the same as around $10 million today. A year later he earned $10 million for “Look Who’s Talking”, which is the equivalent of $20 million today. He gained another $10 million one year later for the sequel. He was paid $14 million for “The Last Boy Scout” in 1991, $15 million for 1995’s “Die Hard: With a Vengeance”, $16.5 million for 1996’s “Last Man Standing” and $14.8 million for 1998’s “Armageddon”.
He made around $55 million in total in 2000, mainly from two movies “The Kid” and “Unbreakable” ($20 million upfront each). He then received $70 million in 2001 and $46 million in 2002. In a common year, he can easily earn a minimum of $20 million or a minimum amount of work.
Bruce Willis Movies And TV Shows
- After trying to find work, he eventually got a chance to perform in the off-Broadway production ‘Heaven and Earth’ in 1977. More stage shows followed, including a lead role in ‘Bullpen.
- Following his success on stage, he auditioned for the character of David Addison in the television series ‘Moonlighting.’ He beat 3000 other contenders to win the role. The series ran from 1985 to 1989 and made Willis a star.
- He got his first lead character in 1987 in the romantic comedy ‘Blind Date.’ The movie was a financial success, even though it received mostly negative reviews.
- He got his big breakthrough in the movie ‘Die Hard’ in 1988. He performed police officer John McClane in the film which went on to become a huge hit and established him as an action hero.
- He reprised his character as John McClane in the 1990 movie ‘Die Hard 2’ which outdid its forerunner in terms of commercial as well as critical success.
- His success as an actor took a beating when he starred in a series of flop movies in the early-1990s. These movies include ‘The Bonfire of the Vanities’ (1990), ‘Hudson Hawk’ (1991), and ‘Color of Night’ (1994).
- He jumped back with the black comedy and crime film ‘Pulp Fiction’ in 1994. His depiction of Butch Coolidge in the film resurrected his acting career.
- In 1998, he acted in ‘Armageddon’ which became the highest-grossing film of the year. Along with Willis, the film’s cast added Ben Affleck, Liv Tyler, Owen Wilson, and Keith David.
- In 2000, he emerged as Paul Stevens in three episodes of the television sitcom ‘Friends.’ His character in the series earned him much recognition and an ‘Emmy Award.’
- He went on to act in a number of movies, including ‘Unbreakable’ (2000), ‘Hostage’ (2005), ‘Live Free or Die Hard’ (2007), and ‘Surrogates’ (2009).
- His other important movies include ‘The Moonrise Kingdom’ (2012), ‘A Good Day to Die Hard’ (2013), and ‘RED 2’ (2013).
- A permanent action hero, Willis took up several roles in the late-2010s and appeared in movies like ‘Extraction’ (2015), ‘Marauders’ (2016), ‘First Kill’ (2017), ‘Death Wish’ (2018), and ‘Reprisal’ (2018).
- In 2019, Bruce Willis acted in the last episode of M. Night Shyamalan’s ‘Unbreakable’ trilogy movie ‘Glass,’ alongside James McAvoy, Samuel L. Jackson, and Sarah Paulson. Though the movie was panned by the critics, it was a huge box-office hit.
|1978||Ziegfeld: The Man and His Women|
|1980||The First Deadly Sin|
|1981||Prince of the City|
Look Who’s Talking
|1990||Die Hard 2|
Look Who’s Talking Too
The Bonfire of the Vanities
The Last Boy Scout
Death Becomes Her
|1993||Loaded Weapon 1|
|1994||Color of Night|
|1995||Die Hard with a Vengeance|
|1996||Last Man Standing|
Beavis and Butt-Head Do America
|1997||The Fifth Element|
Franky Goes to Hollywood
|1999||Breakfast of Champions|
The Sixth Sense
The Story of Us
|2000||The Whole Nine Yards|
Disney’s The Kid
The Crocodile Hunter: Collision Course
|2003||Tears of the Sun|
Rugrats Go Wild
Charlie’s Angels: Full Throttle
|2004 ||The Whole Ten Yards|
Fast Food Nation
Lucky Number Slevin
The Hip Hop Project
Over the Hedge
Hammy’s Boomerang Adventure
The Astronaut Farmer
Grindhouse: Planet Terror
Live Free or Die Hard
|2008||What Just Happened|
Assassination of a High School President
The Black Mamba
Lay the Favorite
The Expendables 2
The Cold Light of Day
Fire with Fire
|2013||A Good Day to Die Hard|
G.I. Joe: Retaliation
|2014||Sin City: A Dame to Kill For|
Rock the Kasbah
|2017||Once Upon a Time in Venice|
|2018||Acts of Violence|
The Lego Movie 2: The Second Part
10 Minutes Gone
|2020||Survive the Night|
TV Shows & Serials List
|1980 ||A Guru Comes|
|1984 ||Miami Vice|
|1985||The Twilight Zone|
|1987||The Return of Bruno|
Saturday Night Live
|1996–1997||Bruno the Kid|
|1997||Mad About You|
|1999 ||Ally McBeal|
|2005||That ’70s Show|
|2013||Saturday Night Live|
|2018||The Comedy Central Roast of Bruce Willis|
- Willis has a band recognized as “Bruce Willis & The Accelerators” (formerly “The Blue Devils”).
- While growing up, Bruce served as a security guard at the Salem Nuclear Power Plant.
- He is a spokesperson for Children in Foster Care.
- In 2010, Bruce made an introduction to Gorillaz’s music video ‘Stylo’.
- He had to serve in a chemical factory before going to school.
- When he was 17, he had surgery for his broken arm and his mark can still be seen on his right shoulder.
- In May 1987, Bruce was arrested after reportedly assaulting a police officer who was requested by his neighbors to quiet a loud party that was going on at his home. Later, he confessed and his charges were dropped.
- In 2005, Robert Willis, his younger brother faded of pancreatic cancer at age 42.
- He was requested to his ex-wife’s wedding (Demi Moore) to Ashton Kutcher.
- In July 2002, Willis was given the post of national spokesman for Children in Foster Care by President George W. Bush.
- In 1991, Bruce co-founded a restaurant company Planet Hollywood with Demi Moore, Sylvester Stallone, and Arnold Schwarzenegger.
- He is left-handed.
- Willis is a good friend of Don Johnson, Julia Roberts, and Sylvester Stallone.
- Nicki Minaj‘s song “Your Love” states his name.
- In 1987, his debut album The Return of Bruno sold more than a million copies in the UK.
- In February 2013, Commander of the Order of Arts and Letters award was given to him, which is the highest French culture award, in Paris, France.
- Willis was arrested at the age of 19 for possessing 2 joints which he explained in 1996 to Playboy magazine.
Willis publicly supported the Iraq war. He also encouraged the troops in 2003 and offered $1 million of his own money for the man who would capture Saddam Hussein.
- He is a big supporter of the NFL team, New York Jets.
- Bruce and his ex-wife Demi Moore were convicted for buying businesses in the town and not maintained properly in the past.
- In the early 1980s, Willis and actress Linda Fiorentino worked as bartenders at the Kamikaze Club in New York City.
- Bruce uses his watch upside down with the face on the inside of his hand. This can be seen in many movies he has done such as Die Hard with a Vengeance (1995), Mercury Rising (1998), etc.
- In February 2002, Harvard University’s Hasty Pudding Theatricals called him Man of the Year.
Willis doesn’t have any social media presence.
It Features Footage From Various Films And It’s Cut Together To Feature John Cusack In The Role Of Clark Kent A.K.A. Superman And Bruce Willis In The Part Of Bruce Wayne A.K.A Batman. His John Cusack As Superman Was A Fantastic Casting Choice And I’m Bummed It Never Happened. Bruce Willis As Batman Is Totally My Idea.
10 Minutes Gone.
Bruce Willis’ Career Was Launched When He Played Detective David Addison On The 1980S Tv Hit Moonlighting. In 1988, He Became A Bona Fide Movie Star With The Success Of The Action Blockbuster Die Hard. His Recent Films Include The Expendables, Red And Moonrise Kingdom.
Bruce Willis’ Various Characters Have Met An Early End In Armageddon, Sin City, The Sixth Sense, And Death Become Her, Among Others. His Total Of 11 On-screen Deaths Isn’t Quite As Lofty As Guys Like John Hurt Or Bela Lugosi, But We’d Be Remiss In Leaving Him Off This List Entirely.