Orlando Bloom is a British actor. He was recognized for his appearances in ‘The Lord of the Rings’ and ‘Pirates of the Caribbean’ film sequence. Though he started his career with minor appearances in feature films, he soon initiated hogging the spotlight with his representation of the elf prince ‘Legolas’ in ‘The Lord of the Rings’ film series. Later, he emerged in popular films, including the ‘Pirates of the Caribbean’ series, ‘Troy,’ and ‘New York, I Love You’ among others. His works brought in his appreciation, and he has cited leading appearances in films like ‘Kingdom of Heaven.’ Apart from feature films, he also showcased an interest in analyzing theatre and gave his debut stage appearance at the ‘Duke of York’s Theatre,’ London in 2007.
He also has a Broadway performance to his credit, as he performed the lead character of ‘Romeo’ in ‘Romeo and Juliet.’ Thanks to his outstanding performances on screen, Orlando Bloom has collected several awards and accolades, including ‘Screen Actors Guild Awards,’ ‘National Movie Awards,’ and ‘Broadcast Film Critics Association Awards.’ Aside from his acting career, Bloom has been actively engaged in various humanitarian causes and was named a ‘UNICEF Goodwill Ambassador’ in 2009.
Orlando Bloom Wiki/Bio[table id=753 /]
Orlando Bloom was born in Canterbury, Kent, England on 13 January 1977. His mother, Sonia Constance Josephine (Copeland), was born in Kolkata, India, to an English family then-lived there. The man he has first seen as his father, Harry Bloom, was a renowned political activist who fought for civil rights in South Africa.
But Harry passed away due to a stroke when Orlando was only four years old. After that, Orlando and his older sister, Samantha Bloom, were raised by their mother and family friend, Colin Stone.
When Orlando was 13, Sonia disclosed to him that Colin is really the biological father of Orlando and his sister; the two were conceived after reconciliation by his parents, since Harry, who suffered a stroke in 1975, was incapable to have children.
Orlando joined St. Edmund’s School in Canterbury but contended in many courses because of dyslexia. He did embrace the arts, however, and enjoyed pottery, photography, and sculpturing. He also engaged in school plays and was active at his local theater.
As a teen, Orlando started his first job. He was a clay trapper at a pigeon shooting range. Inspired by his mother, he and his sister started studying poetry and prose, Finally giving readings at Kent Festival. Orlando and Samantha earned many poetry and Bible reciting competitions. Then Orlando, who always admired larger-than-life characters, gravitated towards serious acting.
At the age of 16, he moved to London and worked at the National Youth Theatre, passing two seasons there, and earning a scholarship to train with the British American Drama Academy.
Like many young actors, he also auditioned for many television characters to further his career, starting tiny parts in British television shows Casualty (1986), Midsomer Murders (1997), and Smack the Pony (1999). He also emerged in the critically acclaimed movie Wilde (1997).
He then joined the Guildhall School of Music and Drama. It was there, in 1998, that Orlando fell three stories from a rooftop terrace and broke his back. Despite fears that he would be permanently paralyzed, he rapidly recovered and returned to the stage.
As fate would have it, seated in the audience one night in 1999 was a director named Peter Jackson. After the show, he contacted Orlando and asked him to audition for his new series of movies. After graduating from Guildhall, Orlando started work on the “Lord of the Rings” trilogy, spending 18 months in New Zealand bringing to life “Legolas”, a part which made him a household name.
Today, he is one of the busiest and most sought-after actors in the industry.
Orlando Bloom Net Worth
Orlando Bloom has a net worth of $45 million dollars.[table id=754 /]
Bloom acted in a Gap television advertisement opposite actress Kate Beckinsale in 2002. He also emerged in a commercial on late-night Japanese TV in 2007, promoting the cosmetics brand Shiseido.
He was elected as a UNICEF Goodwill Ambassador in 2009 and has engaged with the organization to raise awareness on the education crisis for children in Ukraine during the country’s military conflict with Russia.
In March 2019, Orlando listed his Beverly Hills mansion for $9 million. He bought the home in 2017 for $7 million.
Orlando Bloom Movies And TV Shows
- Orlando Bloom began his acting career with a minor appearance in the feature film ‘Wilde’ (1997).
- In 1999, he was cast as ‘Legolas,’ which turned out to be his first major character, in the ‘The Lord of the Rings’ film trilogy (2001-2003).
- The trilogy included ‘The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring’ (2001), ‘The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers’ (2002), and ‘The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King’ (2003). Meanwhile, he also emerged in a minor character in ‘Black Hawk Down’ (2001).
- In 2003, he was work alongside actors like Johnny Depp and Keira Knightley in the fantasy swashbuckler film ‘Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl.’ The feature film was a commercial success.
- In 2004, he became part of the epic adventure war film ‘Troy,’ starring alongside Brad Pitt and Eric Bana. In 2005, he starred in movies, such as ‘The Kingdom of Heaven’ and ‘Elizabethtown.’
- He acted in ‘Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man’s Chest’ (2006). He also performed the lead character in the film ‘Haven,’ of which he was the executive producer as well. He also made a guest presence in the sitcom ‘Extras’ during that year.
- In 2007, Orlando Bloom reprised his character as ‘Will Turner’ in ‘Pirates of the Caribbean: At World’s End.’ At the time, he told that he would like to take a break from feature films to explore options in theatre.
- In the summer of 2007, he emerged in the revival of the play ‘In Celebration’ by David Storey. The same year, he also made his television commercial debut, emerging in a commercial for the multinational personal care company ‘Shiseido.’
- In 2008, he played the lead in Johnnie To’s feature film ‘Red Circle.’ The following year, he emerged in the anthology film ‘New York, I Love You.’ The film comprised 12 short stories.
- In 2011, he was cast in feature films like ‘The Good Doctor’ and ‘The Three Musketeers.’
- In 2013 and 2014, he emerged in ‘The Hobbit’ film series. A prequel to ‘The Lord of the Rings’ film trilogy, ‘The Hobbit’ film series includes ‘The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug’ (2013) and ‘The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies’ (2014).
- In 2013, he also made his Broadway debut with the character of ‘Romeo’ in ‘Romeo and Juliet’ at the ‘Richard Rodgers Theatre,’ New York City.
- In 2017, he became part of the fifth installment of the ‘Pirates of the Caribbean’ film series – ‘Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales.’ The same year, he also performed important roles in films like ‘Unlocked,’ ‘Romans,’ and ‘S.M.A.R.T. Chase.’
- Aside from acting, he has also voiced figures in video games, such as ‘The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers’ (2002) and ‘The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King’ (2003).
- In May 2018, Bloom chose to play ‘Benjamin D. Keating’ in the war drama film ‘The Outpost.’ Based on Jake Tapper’s novel ‘The Outpost: An Untold Story of American Valor,’ the film also stars Scott Eastwood, Caleb Landry Jones, and Milo Gibson in outstanding roles.
- His mother’s family has shifted to various places such as Australia, Tasmania, India, and Japan.
- Orlando’s mom never married his biological father Colin Stone. Instead, she married a novelist Harry Saul Bloom.
- Orlando uses the surname of his stepfather, Harry Saul Bloom.
- In 2004, he was among the “Top Hottest Bachelors” list by People magazine.
- Orlando can also speak French fluently.
- He is a fan of the English football team Manchester United.
- He just cannot travel without a good book.
- While filming for the first “The Lord of the Rings” film in 2001, he crashed his rib by falling from his horse.
- Viggo Mortensen, Lord of the Rings co-star has influenced his career the most.
- He used to do smoking, but quit in 2002. He instead initiated biting his nails.
- He was told about his biological father, once he turned thirteen.
- He is mildly dyslexic.
- To celebrate the 60th anniversary of Land Rover, he also took part in the test drive kept in Moscow on November 15, 2008.
- On July 13, 2009, his home at Hollywood Hills was bereft by four teenagers. They stole almost half a million worth of possessions, which were later recovered.
- Orlando Bloom practices Buddhism under ‘Soka Gakkai International.’ He became a full member of the UK branch of ‘Soka Gakkai International’ in 2004.
- He loves activities like mountain bike riding and yoga.
- He has taken up a black Saluki mix dog from Morocco and named him Sidi.
- Between 2003 and 2006, he was engaged in an on-again, off-again relationship with Kate Bosworth.
- He has faced multiple injuries during his career. He fractured his legs, right wrist, and left arm in distinct incidents. He has also broken his skull thrice, and broken his ribs and back.
Orlando Bloom Is A Popular British Actor And Heartthrob Known For His Roles In ‘the Lord Of The Rings’ And ‘Pirates Of The Caribbean’ Films.
Orlando Bloom Gives Thanks For His Broken Bones. At The Age Of 21, Orlando Bloom, No Stranger To Adrenaline Pumping Risk-Taking, Was Climbing A Rooftop Terrace With Friends When The Drainpipe He Was Scaling Collapsed. He Fell Three Stories, Breaking Several Vertebrae In His Back And Spent Four Days Paralyzed.
Bloom Was Born On 13 January 1977 In Canterbury, Kent, And Was Named After The 16Th-century English Composer Orlando Gibbons. He Has An Older Sister, Samantha Bloom. Bloom’s Mother’s Family Lived In Tasmania (Australia), Japan, And India, And Were Of English Descent, Some Of Them Having Originally Come From Kent.
Both Keira Knightley And Orlando Bloom, Two Actors Whose Characters Were Very Important To The Story Of The Original Trilogy, Are Absent In The Fourth Installment Of The Pirates Series.
Katy Perry And Orlando Bloom First Met At A Golden Globes After-party In 2016 And Immediately Hit It Off. After A Year Of Dating, The Couple Called Their Relationship Quits But Later Reconciled. Orlando Proposed On Valentine’s Day In 2019 With A Unique Ruby Engagement Ring.
Orlando Bloom Gets Tattoo Fixed: How To Avoid Mistakes In Your Ink. Orlando Bloom Learnt The Hard Way That His New Tattoo Was Incorrect – People On The Internet Told Him About It. Earlier This Month He Shared A Photo Of A New Tattoo On His Arm, Which Was Meant To Be His Son’s Name Flynn Written In Morse Code.