Matias Vecino Falero (born 24 August 1991) is an Uruguayan professional footballer who plays for Serie A club Lazio and the Uruguay national team. He is commonly known as Matias Vecino. Doris Falero and Mario Vecino are his parents. Vecino began his professional career with Central Espanol in 2010 and switched to Nacional in 2011-12. As of January 2013, Vecino plays for Fiorentina in Serie A.
Over the course of his Fiorentina career, he played 67 games and scored 5 goals. During his time at Fiorentina, he played 9 games and scored 2 goals on loan at Cagliari. As a loanee for Empoli in the 2014/2015 season, he played 36 games and scored only two goals. Vecino joined Inter Milan on 31 July 2017. During the 2017-2018 season, he made 29 appearances for Inter Milan and scored 3 goals.
Matias Vecino Bio/Wiki
The table below reveals concise information about Matias Vecino. It gives you the ability to read through the Uruguayan footballer profile as fast as possible.[table id=4536 /]
Matias Vecino Net Worth
In 2023, what will Matias Vecino’s salary be?
In Aug 2022 Matias Vecino signed a contract with Sevilla FC that ends in 2025 that netting him a whopping salary of £4.32 Million per year. We have crunched the numbers, this means he earns £11,868 per day and £494 per hour![table id=4537 /]
His stock is on the rise thanks to his performances on the pitch. Vecino has an estimated net worth of around 8 million euros (7 million pounds), and his market value is about $3.85 million.
Matias Vecino FIFA 22 Stats – Potential And Rating
Matias Vecino is currently 31 years old and plays for Inter in Italy as a central midfielder. In FIFA 22, he has an overall rating of 78, with a potential rating of 78. The skillmoves rating of Matias is 3 stars.[table id=4538 /]
His right foot is the one he prefers to use when shooting. He has a high/medium work rate. According to our database, Vecino is 187 cm tall and weighs 81 kg. At the moment, Matias Vecino plays the number 5.
His professional career began with Central Espanol in 2010 and ended with Nacional in 2011.
- In January 2013, Vecino signed a four-year contract with Serie A side Fiorentina for a reported transfer fee of €2.5 million.
- The transfer was delayed, however, and became official in August 2013.
- Manager Vincenzo Montella did not include him in the UEFA Europa League squad on 3 September 2013.
- On 26 September 2013, Vecino made his competitive debut and first Serie A appearance against Inter Milan, losing 2–1.
- As a result of his limited usage during the first half of the 2013–14 season, he was sent on loan to fellow Serie A side Cagliari with an option to buy until the end of the season.
- During the 2014–15 season, Vecino was on loan at Empoli F.C.
- After returning to Florence in mid-2015, Vecino became a member of the first team. An extension of his contract was signed in 2016 for a period of five years.
Matias Vecino At Inter Milan
- Fiorentina authorized Vecino to have a medical with Inter Milan on 31 July 2017, in order to complete a reported €24 million transfer.
- Vecino signed a contract until June 2021 on 2 August, making the transfer official.
- On 20 August, he made his competitive debut against his former side Fiorentina and played all 90 minutes as Inter won 3–0.
- Against Roma six days later, Vecino scored his first Inter goal, scoring the third goal in a 1–3 away win, Inter’s first home win against Roma in nine years.
- Vecino scored the winning goal in Inter’s 2–3 win over Lazio on 20 May 2018, allowing the club to return to the UEFA Champions League after six years.
- During Inter’s 2–1 Champions League win over Tottenham Hotspur on 18 September 2018, he scored the injury-time winner.
Matias Vecino Transfer To Lazio
A three-year contract was signed by Vecino on 1 August 2022 on a free transfer to Lazio.
- It was Vecino’s Italian heritage that gave him eligibility for both national teams. He was born in Canelones, Uruguay, to a family with roots in Campobasso.
- For the 2011 South American Youth Championship and the 2011 FIFA U-20 World Cup, he was capped by the Uruguay national under-20 football team.
- His goal qualified Uruguay for the 2012 Olympic Games in London.
- On 25 March 2016, Vecino made his Uruguay senior team debut against Brazil.
- He was named to Uruguay’s provisional 26-man squad for the 2018 FIFA World Cup in Russia in May 2018.
Matias Vecino is 32 years old.
Matias Vecino is 187 cm tall. Or 6 ft 2 in.
It is the right foot that Matias Vecino prefers.
Matias Vecino is from Uruguay.
After reading his biography, you will agree with me that Matias Vecino worked so hard to achieve success. Even poor kids from the slum can dream big and achieve their dreams thanks to him.
It is important to note that his father and mother were key catalysts in his success story. His career life would not be the same without their contributions. They deserve all the accolades for what they have done.
In addition, his sibling’s and friends’ efforts should not be overlooked. As a result of them, he never experienced loneliness or depression during his childhood. Matias Vecino has grown into a cheerful youth as a result of them.
Here Is An Appreciation Note For Your Consideration
Thank you for reading this engaging article about the life journey of the Uruguayan footballer. Hopefully, Matias Vecino’s childhood story has made you believe that patience and persistence can overcome anything.
At WoodGram, we strive for fairness and accuracy in our biographies. Feel free to contact us or leave a comment below if you found anything fishy in the article on Matias Vecino.