Mario Gotze is a German professional footballer who plays as an attacking midfielder for the Borussia Dortmund sports club and for the German national team. He is known for his speed, technique, and dribbling ability. He has been named one of Germany’s top talents by Mathias Summer, a former technical director of the German Football Association. A native of Memmingen, Germany, he started playing football when he was eight years old by joining Dortmund’s youth academy. After playing for Dortmund until the age of 17, he became a professional soccer player.
Following his promotion to the first team in 2009-2010, he attended college. The Borussia Dortmund club later signed him, and he has proved himself to be a valuable member of the team. He is also a member of Germany’s national football team, having been selected in 2010. At the UEFA Euro 2012, he played for Germany, and two years later at the 2014 FIFA World Cup, he scored the winning goal in extra time, which helped Germany win the tournament. His accolades include the ‘Bundesliga Young Player of the Year’ and the ‘Tuttosport Golden Boy’ in 2011, as well as the ‘Goal of the Year’ award in 2014.
- Fernando Torres Biography, Age, Height, Family, Wife, Net Worth & Wiki
- Mauro Icardi Biography, Age, Height, Wife, Career, Net Worth & Wiki
Mario Gotze Wiki/Bio
|Birth Name||Mario Götze|
|Nick Name||German Messi|
|Age||30 (as in 2022) Years|
|Sun Sign/Zodiac Sign||Gemini|
|Birth Place||Memmingen, Bavaria, Germany|
|Date of Birth||3 June 1992|
|Home Town||München Germany|
|Hobbies||Playing Volleyball, Tennis, Swimming and Cycling.|
|Mother's Name||Astrid Götze|
|Father's Name||Jürgen Götze|
|Brothers||• Fabian Götze (Elder)|
• Felix Götze (Younger)
|Affairs/Girlfriends||Ann-Kathrin Brömmel (since 2012)|
Marital Status, Wife and Children
|Marriage Date||7 May 2018|
Sons- Rome Götze
|Educational Qualification||Not Available|
|Profession||German Professional Footballer|
|Brands Endorsed||• Nike|
• Nike Green Speed II
• Samsung Galaxy XI
|Career Manager||Götze is signed with one of his relatives.|
|Debut Club||In 2009 for Borussia Dortmund|
|Debut International||In 2010 for German international team|
|Current Team(s)||• German international team|
• Bayern Munich
|Achievements (main ones)||Between 2009 and 2013, he played for Borussia Dortmund and won the Bundesliga title in 2010-11 and DFB-Pokal double in 2011–12.|
|Strengths||• Holding on to the ball|
• Playmaking skills
• Aerial duels
|Career Turning Point||• When he helped his team Borussia Dortmund win Bundesliga title in 2010-11.|
• Mario scored only goal of 2014 FIFA World Cup Final against Argentina and won the team World Cup.
Height, Weight, and Figure Measurements
|Height (Approx.)||in centimeters- 176 cm|
in meters- 1.76 m
in Feet Inches- 5’ 9”
|Weight (Approx.)||in Kilograms- 64 kg|
in Pounds- 141 lbs
|Chest Size||42 inches|
|Biceps Size||15 inches|
|Waist Size||33 inches|
Extra Ordinary Features
|Race / Ethnicity||White German|
|Distinctive Features||Dark Brown hair|
|Dress Size||Not Available|
|Favourite Playing Position||Attacking Midfielder|
Mario Gotze was born on the 3rd of June 1992, in Memmingen, Germany, to Jurgen and Astrid Gotze. His father works at the Dortmund University of Technology as a professor. Since he was eight years old, Mario has been a member of Dortmund’s youth team. He has an older brother, Fabian, who is a free agent currently. Furthermore, he has a younger brother, Felix, who plays for Bayern Munich’s under-19 team.
A German model named Ann-Kathrin Brömmel had been dating Mario Gotze since 2012. The couple married in 2018.
- Robinho Biography, Age, Height, Wife, Number, Career, Net Worth & Wiki
- Riyad Mahrez Biography, Age, Height, Wife, Religion, Net Worth & Wiki
Mario Gotze Net Worth
Mario Gotze has a net worth of $50 million dollars.
|Estimated Net Worth in 2022 (Approx)||$50 Million|
|Estimated Net Worth in 2021 (Approx)||$36 Million|
|Annual Salary||$10 Million|
|Income Source||German Professional Footballer|
|Cars Collection||Mercedes Class A|
In 2011, Gotze signed a sponsorship kit deal with sportswear and equipment supplier Nike. In November 2012, he appeared alongside Eden Hazard, Theo Walcott, Raheem Sterling, Christian Eriksen, and Stephan El Shaarawy in an advertisement for the Nike Green Speed II. Gotze was one of the first players to wear the Nike Magista boots in March 2014.
Gotze appeared in an advertisement for South Korean company Samsung alongside Cristiano Ronaldo, Lionel Messi, Wayne Rooney, Radamel Falcao, and Iker Casillas in a team managed by German football legend Franz Beckenbauer. Pro Evolution Soccer 2015 features Gotze on the front cover, Konami announced on August 14, 2014.
- Mario Gotze debuted for the Bundesliga in November 2009. In this match, he was a replacement for Jakub Baszczykowski. He was later promoted to the first team during the 2009-10 season. He had eight goals and 11 assists during the 2010-11 season, proving to be an efficient player.
- Eventually, Schalke 04 won the 2011 German Super Cup, but he later lost to the club. He learned that he had injured his hip when his cartilage became inflamed as a result of stress the following year. His contract with Borussia Dortmund was renewed in March 2012.
- In his first match for the team, Gotze was a substitute against Borussia Mönchengladbach. The 81 points he earned during the 2012 Bundesliga season made him the most valuable player in the league.
- He scored the winning goal as a substitute in a match against Werder Bremen during the 2012-13 season. He achieved a hat-trick in a subsequent match against Hannover 96, helping his team win 5-1.
- Following the triggering of his 37 million euros release clause by Bayern Munich, he was transferred to the Bundesliga club. In doing so, he became the most expensive German player of all time. During the Champions League group stage, he helped Bayern win 5-0 after scoring against Viktoria Plzen. During the regular season, he scored 15 goals and provided 14 assists.
- Aside from his 15 goals in 48 appearances during his second season with the team, his performance in his first season with the club improved. It took him a while to make an impact on the team during the 2015-16 season; however, his performance improved as the season wore on. In the 2015-16 Champions League, he scored the second goal to help his team win 0-3 against Olympiacos.
- He later confirmed that he was signing a four-year contract with Borussia Dortmund during the 2016-17 season.
- Despite losing his first match upon returning to the team against RB Leipzig in September 2016, he still received praise for his return. He scored twice in 16 appearances this season. He scored two goals in 32 appearances despite his performance declining during the 2017-18 season.
- Mario Gotze made his international debut for the German national team in November 2010. He was held to a goalless draw against Sweden in his debut match. In February 2011, he made his second appearance for the national team against Italy in a friendly match. In August, he scored his first goal for the national team against Brazil. This made him the youngest goalscorer in German history.
- In UEFA Euro 2012, he made his tournament debut as a substitute against Greece. His name was placed in Germany’s squad for the 2014 World Cup finals after scoring four goals during the qualification round. It was after scoring the opening goal in a match against Ghana that he was named the ‘Man of the Match’ of the tournament.
- It was his goal against Argentina that helped his team win the 2014 FIFA World Cup. He came on as a substitute in this match, scoring the winning goal for his team. He was named the ‘Man of the Match,’ and he also became the first substitute player in history to score a World Cup-winning goal.
- During Germany’s semifinal campaign at UEFA Euro 2016, Gotze played in four matches. His knockout phase play was just over 20 minutes since he started every group game. Many commentators cited his lackluster performances.
- Throughout the build-up to the 2018 FIFA World Cup, he played in a friendly against France in November 2017 after an absence of one year from the national team, but he did not make the final squad.
Disease or Health Issues
Early in March 2017, it was reported that Gotze had been suffering from a metabolic disorder. Later, it was determined that the condition was myopathy, a muscle disorder that affects the muscle fibers, resulting in their improper function.
Gotze released a statement regarding the health issue on the Borussia Dortmund official website stating, “I am currently undergoing treatment and will do everything I can to be back in training and help my team to accomplish our common goals as soon as possible.”.
Facts About Mario Gotze
- Does Mario Smoke?: No
- Does Mario drink Alcohol?: Yes
- Jürgen Gotze, Gotze’s father, is a professor at the Dortmund University of Technology.
- Both of his brothers, Felix and Fabian, are also football players. In addition to his brother Fabian, Felix plays for the under-19 team of Bayern Munich.
- In April 2013, Gotze signed a 37 million euro contract with Bayern Munich, making him the second most expensive German player after Mesut Özil.
- The head coach of Germany during their match against Argentina said to 36-year-old Miroslav Klose, “Show the world you’re better than Messi and can decide the World Cup,” and Kurtze answered with a goal and was named “Man of the Match”.
- He is considered to be one of the best young players in the world due to his speed, technique, dribbling skills, and playmaking ability.
- Matthias Sammer, former technical director of the German Football Association, described Gotze as “one of the best talents Germany has ever produced.”
- Now, Mario Gotze is in a relationship with German lingerie model Ann-Kathrin Brömmel, also known as Ann-Kathrin.
- Gotze was sponsored by American sportswear company Nike in 2011.
Where was Mario Gotze born?
Is Mario Gotze Turkish?
It was born to his mother Astrid Gotze, who is a housewife, and his father Jürgen Gotze, a professor at the Dortmund University of Technology. Gotze grew up in a Christian home.
Why did Gotze leave Bayern?
Despite losing 2–0 to Real Madrid in the second leg of the semi-final, Gotze was ruled out of the final against Bayern Munich at Wembley Stadium, London, after suffering a thigh injury.
How old is Gotze?
Why is Mario Gotze not playing?
He was now the ‘boy wonder’ whose gifts were being squandered because of a chronic health problem. Borussia Dortmund announced earlier this week that Gotze will leave the club at the end of his contract.
When did Gotze move to Bayern?
Bayern Munich’s decision to acquire Mario Gotze in 2013 from Borussia Dortmund was influenced heavily by Pep Guardiola.