Marco Asensio Willemsen (born 21 January 1996) is a Spanish professional footballer who plays as a winger and offensive midfielder for Real Madrid in La Liga and for the Spain national team.
After beginning his career at Mallorca, Asensio joined Real Madrid in November 2014, he has since been loaned to both his previous club and Espanyol. Since his comeback, he has won multiple trophies, including three Champions League and three La Liga titles.
Asensio earned his senior debut for Spain in 2016, and he represented his country at the 2018 World Cup.
Marco Asensio Bio/Wiki
|Birth Name||Marco Asensio Willemsen|
|Nick Name||Marco Asensio|
|Age (as of 2023)||27 years|
|Sun Sign/Zodiac Sign||Aquarius|
|Birth Place||Palma, Spain|
|Date of Birth||21 January 1996|
|Hobbies||Music and Gym|
|Mother's Name||Maria Gertruida Margaretha Willemsem|
|Father's Name||Gilberto Asensio|
Marital Status, Wife and Children
|Debut Club||RCD Mallorca|
|Jersey Number||• Spain - 11|
• Real Madrid - 11
|Current Team(s)||• Spain|
• Real Madrid
|League level||First Tier|
|Caps/Goals||30 / 1|
|Career Manager/ Player Agent||Gestifute|
|Traits||• Long Shot Taker|
|Style Of Play||• Likes to cut inside|
• Does not dive into tackles
|Strengths||• Holding on to the ball|
• Long shots
|Weakness||• Defensive contribution|
Height and Weight
|Height (as of 2022)||• in meters - 1.82 m|
• in feet inches - 6'0"
|Weight (as of 2022)||• in kilograms - 76 kg|
• in pounds - 170 lbs
Extra Ordinary Features
|Race / Ethnicity||Spanish|
|Chest Size||42 inches|
|Biceps Size||12 inches|
|Waist Size||32 inches|
|Favorite Playing Position||Right Winger|
|Favorite Car||Not Available|
|Favorite Drinks||Red Wine|
|Favorite Cell Phone/Brand||Iphone|
Marco Asensio Awards
- La Liga: 2016–17, 2019–20, 2021–22
- Supercopa de España: 2017, 2021–22
- UEFA Champions League: 2016–17, 2017–18, 2021–22
- UEFA Super Cup: 2016, 2017, 2022
- FIFA Club World Cup: 2016, 2017, 2018
- UEFA European Under-19 Championship: 2015
- Summer Olympic silver medal: 2020
- Segunda División Player of the Month: October 2014
- UEFA European Under-19 Championship Golden Player: 2015
- La Liga Breakthrough Player: 2015–16
- UEFA European Under-21 Championship Silver Boot: 2017
- UEFA European Under-21 Championship Team of the Tournament: 2017
- UEFA Champions League Breakthrough XI: 2017
- Gilberto, Asensio’s father (a Basque who grew up in Essen, Germany), was also a player.
- As a youth, he played for Barakaldo CF as an offensive midfielder; Marco’s elder brother Igor was a defender at Platges de Calvià.
- In the 2017 Champions League final, Asensio’s goal celebration was devoted to his family: “I promised them that if I scored, I’d sprint over to where they were. I knew where they were and went there.”
Marco Asensio Net Worth
Marco Asensio’s net worth or income is thought to be 60 Million euros (52.9 Million Pounds). However, his major occupation as a soccer player has brought him a significant amount of wealth.
|Estimated Net Worth in 2023 (Approx)||60 Million Euro (52.9 Million Pound)|
|Estimated Net Worth in 2022 (Approx)||55 Million Euro (48.5 Million Pound)|
|Salary Per Year (Approx)||€8,300,000|
|Salary Per Month (Approx)||€691,667|
|Salary per Week||€159,615|
|Salary Per Day||€22,740|
|Salary Per Minute||€16|
|Contract Signed/Extension||Sep 28, 2017|
|Contract Expires||Jun 30, 2023|
|Income Source||Professional Footballer|
Marco Asensio FIFA 22 Stats
In FIFA 22, Marco Asensio has an overall rating of 83 and his potential is also 84.
FIFA 22 Stats
Overall Rating In FIFA 22
Potential In FIFA 22
|57||Heading Accuracy||76||FK Accuracy|
|81||Short Passing||82||Long Passing|
|40||Defensive Awareness||39||Sliding Tackle|
- Despite still being a junior, Asensio made his senior debut with Mallorca’s reserves in the 2013-14 Tercera División season, despite being scouted by Real Madrid and FC Barcelona; he made his first competitive appearance for the first team on 27 October 2013, playing the final six minutes in a 1-3 away loss against Recreativo de Huelva in the Segunda División.
- Asensio came off the bench once more to play the final six minutes of a 0-0 home draw against CD Lugo.
- Manager José Luis Oltra elevated him to the first team after he impressed in his debut games.
- Asensio scored his first professional goal on March 16, 2014, in a 2-0 home win over CD Tenerife.
- Real Madrid secured an agreement in principle to sign Asensio on November 24, 2014.
- The transfer was formally confirmed on December 5, with the player (who had been a fan of the club as a child) signing a six-year contract for a €3.9 million fee and continuing on loan with the Bermellones until the conclusion of the season.
- According to Real Madrid president Florentino Pérez, Rafael Nadal, a Spanish tennis star, was instrumental in the transfer of Marco Asensio to Real Madrid.
2015–16: Loan to Espanyol
- After spending the whole pre-season with Real Madrid, Asensio was loaned to RCD Espanyol in La Liga on August 20, 2015.
- He made his debut in the tournament on September 19, playing 86 minutes in a 3-2 victory against Real Sociedad, and he finished his time at the Estadi Cornellà-El Prat with 12 total assists.
2016–17 season: Return to Real Madrid
- Returning to the Santiago Bernabéu Stadium for the 2016-17 season, Asensio made his competitive debut on 9 August, playing the entire 120 minutes and scoring a 25-meter effort in a 3-2 win over fellow Spaniards Sevilla FC in the UEFA Super Cup.
- He made his debut league appearance 12 days later, scoring the second goal in a 3-0 win over Real Sociedad.
- Asensio appeared in 23 games during his first season, scoring three goals as the team won the national title for the first time since 2012.
- He scored the same number of goals in the UEFA Champions League that year, including one in the final against Juventus (4-1) to earn the Spaniards their 12th title in the latter competition.
- Asensio scored his first goal of the 2017-18 season in a 3-1 win over Barcelona at Camp Nou for the Supercopa de Espaa, with a 25-yard strike.
- He duplicated the feat with a similarly amazing performance in the second leg, resulting in a 5-1 aggregate victory.
- Asensio’s contract was extended until 2023 on September 28, 2017.
- On 18 February 2018, he scored Real Madrid’s 6,000th goal in the Spanish top league, as he contributed a brace to a 5-3 away win against Real Betis.
- During the 2017-18 Champions League season, Asensio made 11 appearances and scored one goal, as the team won its third consecutive and 13th overall championship.
2019–present: Injury and redemption
- He tore his ACL on July 24, 2019, during a preseason match versus Arsenal.
- On June 19, 2020, he came on for Federico Valverde in the 74th minute of a 3-0 triumph over Valencia, scoring the second goal with his first touch and assisting Karim Benzema for the third.
- He returned during the season’s final stretch, scoring three goals in nine games to help Real Madrid win the 2019-20 La Liga.
- He scored his first senior hat trick against his previous club Mallorca on September 22, 2021, in a 6-1 victory.
- Despite receiving an offer from the Royal Dutch Football Association, he elected to represent Spain despite being of Dutch and Spanish origin.
- After playing for Spain at the junior level, Asensio made his under-21 debut on March 26, 2015, as a late substitution for goalscorer Gerard Deulofeu in a 2-0 friendly win against Norway in Cartagena.
- He was a member of the triumphant under-19 team at the UEFA European Championship in Greece in July, when he scored both goals in a semi-final win over France at Katerini, in the 88th minute and in additional time.
- Asensio and Espanyol colleague Pau López were called up to the complete squad for a friendly against Bosnia and Herzegovina on May 17, 2016.
He is currently 27 years old (as of 2023).
He is 182 cm tall.
He plays as a forward.
After his transfer to Real Madrid, his net worth is 60 million euros (52.9 million pounds).