Romelu Lukaku is a Belgian footballer who plays for the Belgian national team and Manchester United in the Premier League. Born in Antwerp, Belgium, Romelu began playing football at an early age and joined his first club at age 5. The club he eventually joined, ‘Lierse,’ discovered him and invited him into their youth program. He scored 121 goals in 68 games for Lierse, which led to a contract with Anderlecht. He soon rose to prominence by becoming the league’s top scorer and went on to join Chelsea in 2011. After being loaned to ‘West Bromwich Albion’ in 2012, he joined Everton in 2014, and after much speculation, he joined Manchester United in 2017. As an Under-21 player and for the Belgian senior team, Romelu played for Belgium. As an aggressive player, Romelu is well known for his ability to get around the defense using his body.
Romelu Lukaku Wiki/Bio
|Birth Name||Romelu Menama Lukaku Bolingoli|
|Nick Name||• Rocky|
• The Tank
|Age||28 (as in 2021) Years|
|Sun Sign/Zodiac Sign||Taurus|
|Birth Place||Antwerp, Belgium|
|Date of Birth||13 May 1993|
|Home Town||Antwerp, Belgium|
|Hobbies||Listening to Music, Playing Basketball, Playing Video Games|
|Mother's Name||Adolphine Lukaku|
|Father's Name||Roger Lukaku (Professional Footballer)|
|Brothers||Jordan Lukaku (Professional Footballer)|
|Affairs/Girlfriends||• Julia Vandenweghe (2014-2016)|
• Sarah Mens (2016-Present) Model
Marital Status, Wife and Children
|Educational Qualification||High School|
|Brands Endorsed||• Adidas|
|Career Manager||Federico Pastorello|
|Debut International||On 4 March 2010 for Belgium against Croatia|
|Debut Club||On 24 May 2009 for Anderlecht against Standard Liège|
|Jersey Number||• 9 (Belgium)|
• 9 (Manchester United)
|Coach/Mentor||• Jose Mourinho|
• Roberto Martinez
|Awards, Honours, Achievements (main ones)||• Belgian Sportsman Promising Talent of the Year: 2009|
• Belgian Pro League top scorer: 2009–10
• UEFA Europa League top scorer: 2014–15
• Everton Young Player of the Season: 2015–16
|Career Turning Point||2015-2016 Season|
Height, Weight, and Figure Measurements
|Height (Approx.)||in centimeters- 190 cm|
in meters- 1.90 m
in feet inches- 6’ 3”
|Weight (Approx.)||in kilograms- 90 kg|
in pounds- 200 lbs
|Chest Size||45 inches|
|Biceps Size||15 inches|
|Waist Size||33 inches|
Extra Ordinary Features
|Race / Ethnicity||Congolese|
|Dress Size||Not Available|
|Favourite Footballer ||Adriano (Retired Brazilian Striker)|
|Favourite Playing Position||Forward|
|Favourite Food||Feijoada, Italian|
|Favourite Singer ||Kendrick Lamar|
|Favourite Sports||Football, Basketball|
|Favourite Music||Hip Hop, Rap|
Roger and Adolphine Lukaku welcomed their first child, Romelu Lukaku, on May 13, 1993, in Antwerp, Northern Belgium. A black minority group in Belgium is his family. It was his father’s hobby to follow football and he never missed a match in the ‘Premier League’. Watching the game with his father, Romelu would often spend hours in front of the TV. The sport soon became an addiction for him. At one time, his father was a well-known soccer player and had played for Zaire at the international level.
Video games had become an addiction to Romelu. He did fairly well in academics despite his love of football. Jordan, Romelu’s younger brother, shared his passion for football, and both brothers practiced together.
At the age of five, his father enrolled Romelu in a local football team, Rupel Boom, because of his abnormal passion for the game. The boy performed better than the other children on the team over the course of four years. While playing for Lierse, he was spotted by scouts of another club. In 2004, ‘Lierse’ took Romelu into their youth academy, which was well established.
In the 68 games Romelu played for ‘Lierse,’ he scored 121 goals, which is an impressive feat. Romelu was taken in by Anderlecht after Lesse was relegated from the Belgian Pro League. Romelu scored 131 goals in 93 matches for Anderlecht and was becoming one of the most popular young players in Belgium.
– Since 2014, Romelu Lukaku and Julia Vandenweghe have been in a relationship. Social media photos of their vacations show them looking happy. As Romelu did, he also made an appearance in a documentary called ‘De school van Lukaku’. The documentary was produced by a Dutch channel. He was part of the Anderlecht youth academy at that time, so it was filmed as a teenager. With his classmates, he participates in regular activities in the film.
Romelu Lukaku Net Worth
Romelu Lukaku is a Belgian professional soccer player who has a net worth of $20 million.
|Estimated Net Worth in 2020 (Approx)||$20 Million|
|Estimated Net Worth in 2019(Approx)||$5 million|
|Annual Salary||$25 Million|
|Endorsements||$3 Million (approx)|
|Income Source||Professional Footballer|
|Cars Collection||• Rolls Royce|
He played there until 2011 when he joined Chelsea for a reported fee of about $12 million pounds. During Chelsea’s season 2012-2013, Lukaku spent time on loan at West Brom and Everton. The Everton legend penned a record-breaking five-year deal for £28 million with Everton in 2014.
Besides being a member of Belgian’s Under-15, Under-18, and Under-21 teams, Romelu also plays for their senior side. He also represents Belgium in international competitions. In January of this year, The Guardian named Lukaku among the ten most promising young players in Europe. Chelsea won the FA Cup in 2011-12 and the Belgian Pro League in 2009-10. Lukaku had the highest scoring record in Belgium’s First Division for 2009-10 and was the Belgian Ebony Shoe champion in 2011.
The California mansion at Beverly Hills belongs to Romelu Lukaku. He owns a total of three houses. About $30 million worth of Beverly Hills property is owned by the mansion. Also in Belgium, where his family resides, Romeleu has an apartment. Antwerp is the location of this apartment and its value is approximately $1.4 million.
Despite his passion for cars, this Belgian footballer has a cool collection of the world’s most famous and luxurious cars. Aston Martin, Rolls Royce, Audi, Mercedes, Range Rover, and Ferrari make up his collection. Approximately $2 million is the total value of his vehicles.
As part of his contract of $1.5 million per year, Lukaku is currently using Adidas boots. The athlete has also endorsed other brands in the past, including Nike, and he has been switching over to that brand regularly as well.
- Romelu signed a three-year contract with Anderlecht as soon as he turned 16 in 2009.
- It was during the 2009–2010 season that he became a key member of Anderlecht’s first team and ended the season as the league’s leading goal scorer, with 15 goals. As a result of his performance, Anderlecht achieved the Belgian title. The ‘UEFA Europa League’ also saw Anderlecht reach the top 16.
- ‘Anderlecht’ lost its Belgian title the following season. A laudable performance was given to Romelu, who scored 25 goals in the course of the season. The ‘Premier League’ club ‘Chelsea’ showed interest in Romelu, and he signed a five-year contract with them in 2011. Romelu was named the ‘Man of the Match’ in his debut ‘Premier League’ game against ‘Blackburn Rovers.’
- In spite of his team winning the UEFA Champions League title, Romelu was not pleased with his performance by the end of the season. The Hawthorns was his first opponents while he was on loan from ‘West Bromwich Albion’ for a year.
- He expressed a desire to remain with ‘West Bromwich Albion’ for an additional season after the end of his first season. “Chelsea” outperformed all of his “actual” teammates during the match. With six goals, he ranked sixth in the 2012-2013 season.
- In 2013, he returned to ‘Chelsea’ before being loaned to ‘Everton’ for one season. After a successful haul in early 2014, the newspaper ‘The Guardian’ named him among Europe’s top ten players. Romelu scored 15 goals in 31 league matches for Everton towards the end of the season, helping it to reach the fifth place. His team scored 72 points overall, which was a record for the team.
- The five-year contract he was offered by Everton was too good to turn down. He had a good relationship with the club. In the 2015 ‘UEFA Europa League,’ he scored one of the two goals of the tournament.
- It is the first time this feat has been accomplished by an Everton player, a feat Romelu achieved in December 2015. He became the first Everton player to score in seven consecutive appearances across all competitions when he scored a goal in the seventh match.
- In September of the 2016–2017 season, Romelu scored a hat-trick within the first 12 minutes against ‘Sunderland.’ This was the twelfth-fastest hat-trick in any Premier League game. As the season progressed, he set numerous records and maintained a graceful form.
- The Professional Footballers’ Association named him to the ‘Team of the Year’ in April 2017, and he also competed for the ‘Player of the Year’ and ‘Young Player of the Year’ awards.
- He signed a contract with ‘Manchester United’ in July 2017 and made his debut in the UEFA Super Cup against ‘Real Madrid.’ In his first nine matches for ‘Manchester United,’ Romelu scored 10 goals. He scored 24 goals in 29 matches during his first season with the top team in the Premier League.
- Romelu Lukaku was a member of the Belgian national ‘Under-21’ squad and was included in the team for the 2014 ‘World Cup.’ His younger brother, Jordan Lukaku, was also on the team, but the team struggled during the tournament. Romelu was also a member of the Belgian team that participated in the 2016 UEFA Euro.
Facts About Romelu Lukaku
- Does Romelu Lukaku smoke?: No
- Does Romelu Lukaku drink alcohol?: No
- From his father, he inherited his love for football. Premier League fans were his father’s biggest fans. The two of them would watch matches for hours together.
- As a child, he was addicted to video games, but unlike many footballers, he was good at studies.
- Romelu’s father saw his passion and enrolled him at the local club, “Rupel Boom”, when he was just five.
- The club he worked at lasted 4 years. A scout from Lierse found him. In 2004, he was accepted into the club’s academy.
- Lierse scored 121 goals in 68 games during his time there. He joined Anderlecht after his former club was relegated from the “Belgian Pro League.”.
- During his school years, Romelu participated in a documentary titled “De school van Lukaku.” He appeared as himself in the film.
- For the 2009-2010 season with Anderlecht, he scored 15 goals en route to winning the Belgian Pro League Award for most goals. He helped Anderlecht win the Belgian Title in part because of his performance.
- Belgium’s first-ever friendly against Russia saw him score two goals in his debut as an international player.
- A five-year contract with Chelsea was signed in 2011 after he joined the club. Afterward, he spent the next two seasons on loan at West Bromwich Albion. A loan spell at Everton followed in 2013. After signing a five-year contract with Everton, he felt comfortable with the club.
- In 2014, he played for Belgium at the FIFA World Cup.
- He became the first Everton player to score seven consecutive goals in all competitions in December 2015 when he scored seven goals in seven games.
- Belgium sent him to the UEFA Euro 2016 tournament.
- Earlier this year, he joined the English Giant, Manchester United. Against Real Madrid, he made his club debut.
- During the 2018 FIFA World Cup, he was selected for the 23-member Belgian squad.
- Having known Paul Pogba since his teenage years, he is very good friends with him.
- He is multilingual. He can speak Dutch, French, Spanish, Portuguese, and English.
Who is Romelu Lukaku?
Lukaku is a Belgian professional footballer.
How old is Romelu Lukaku?
Lukaku is 26 years old as of 2019. He was born in 1993.
How tall is Romelu Lukaku?
He stands at a height of 6 feet 3′ inches (1.90 m).
Is Romelu Lukaku married?
Lukaku prefers to keep his personal life out of the limelight. However, he has reportedly been in a number of relationships thus far even though he is still not married.
How much is Romelu Lukaku worth?
The Belgian professional soccer player has an estimated net worth of £15 million ($20 million).
How much does Romelu Lukaku make?
In July 2019 the striker signed a contract with Inter Milan that nets him a whopping salary of 8.8 Million Euro (8.2 Million Pound) per year.
Where does Romelu Lukaku live?
He lives in Milan.
Is Romelu Lukaku dead or alive?
Lukaku is still alive and in good health.
Where is Romelu Lukaku now?
Lukaku is a Belgian professional footballer who plays as a striker for the Serie A club Inter Milan and the Belgium national team.