Katey Sagal Spouse, Young, Age, Hot, Net Worth & More
Katey Sagal is an American actress, a singer-songwriter who first made it big with her role as wife and mother, ‘Peg Bundy’ on the popular comedy ‘Married with Children’. Katey Sagal is a talented and versatile performer for both comedy and drama roles as is evident from her varied appearances. Katey Sagal won a Golden Globe award for her role as ‘Gemma Teller Morrow’, the matriarch of Hell’s Angels – Esque California bike gang on the FX series ‘Sons of Anarchy’ that was created by her husband, Kurt Sutter. She has also voiced the character of ‘Leela’ on the series ‘Futurama’ and a few other animated films. Her first love has always been singing and songwriting. She performed in a band during her younger days and has a few albums to her name. She was also involved in the soundtrack for ‘Sons of Anarchy’. She came from a family of show business and describes herself as Jewish, with no formal religious experience. Right from her grandparents to her children, everyone has been, in some way, actively involved in Hollywood and show business. She has been married thrice, each time to an artist from the entertainment world.
An extremely gifted, versatile performer adept at both comedy and drama, actress/singer Katey Sagal became a household name in the late 1980s as the fabulously brazen, undomesticated Peg Bundy on the enduring Fox series Married with Children (1987). During its lengthy run, she received three Golden Globe and two American Comedy Award nominations. As popular and identifiable as her Peg Bundy persona was, Katey assertively moved on after the show went off the air, not only starring in other sitcoms and television movies but portraying characters that were polar opposites of the outrageous role that first earned her nationwide attention. For example, in 2008 she took on the role of Gemma Teller Morrow, the matriarch of a Hell’s- Angels-Esque California biker gang, on the series Sons of Anarchy (2008), and in 2011 her portrayal earned her a Golden Globe Award for Best Performance by an Actress in a Television Series – Drama.
Family, Education & More
Father: Boris Sagal
Mother: Sara Zwilling
Siblings: Jean Sagal (Sister) Liz Sagal
Children: Esme Louise Sutter, Jackson James White, Ruby Jean White, Sarah Grace White
Katey Sagal was born on January 19, 1954, in Los Angeles, California. She is primarily associated with her role as the blunt, rough-around-the-edges mother Peg Bundy on the hit comedy Married With Children. She came from a show business family, with her parents working as directors and producers in television and film, while several of her siblings acted professionally.
A talented singer and actress, Sagal landed a few television movie roles in the early 1970s before focusing on her music career. She worked mostly as a back-up singer, touring with the likes of Olivia Newton-John and Bette Midler. In the 1980s, Sagal returned to acting and landed a role on Mary, a sitcom starring Mary Tyler Moore, set in a Chicago newspaper office. On the short-lived series, she played Jo Tucker, a hard-boiled columnist. Sagal had better luck with her next series, Married With Children.
Сеlеbrаtеd Nаmе: Katey Sagal
Rеаl Nаmе/Full Nаmе: Саthеrіnе Lоuіѕе Ѕаgаl
Рrоfеѕѕіоn: Аmеrісаn асtrеѕѕ аnd ѕіngеr-ѕоngwrіtеr
Katey Sagal Height, Weight & More
Height in feet: 5 feet 9 inches
Height in cm: 175 cm
Weight in pound: 145 lbs
Weight in kg: 66 kg
Body Measurement and size in inches: 37-25-36 inches
Bra Size: 34
Bra Cup Size: C
Eye color: Hazel
Hair Color: Brown
Katey Sagal Hot Images
Katey Sagal Age, Personal Life & More
Katey Sagal Аgе: 66 уеаrѕ оld
Віrth Dаtе: 19 Јаnuаrу 1954
Віrth Рlасе: Lоѕ Аngеlеѕ, Саlіfоrnіа, Unіtеd Ѕtаtеѕ
Ѕехuаl Оrіеntаtіоn: Ѕtrаіght
Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Favourite Animal Pet: Dog
Address: Los Angeles, California, U.S.
Katey Sagal Nеt Wоrth іn 2020: $35 mіllіоn
Lаѕt Uрdаtеd: Јаnuаrу 2020
Katey Sagal Net Worth
Katey Sagal Net Worth: Katey Sagal is an American actress and musician who has a net worth of $30 million dollars. Born Catherine Louise Sagal in 1954 in Los Angeles, California, Katey Sagal studied at the California Institute of the Arts and began acting in the early ’70s. She made her on-screen debut in the TV movie “The Failing of Raymond” in 1971 before scoring her first big part in Mary Tyler Moore’s “Mary”. Soon after, she was cast as Peggy Bundy on the hit series “Married with Children” alongside Ed O’Neill, Christina Applegate, and David Faustino. The show ran for more than a decade before its eventual end. Sagal continued her TV work, voicing Spinelli’s mother on “Recess” and scoring parts in “Futurama”, “That ’70s Show”, “Tucker”, and “8 Simple Rules for Dating My Teenage Daughter”.
Katey Sagal Spouse, Affairs and More
Katey Sagal Spouse: Sagal is married to writer-producer Kurt Sutter. The couple wed in 2004 and welcomed daughter Esmé Louise in 2007 with the help of a surrogate. Sagal has two children, Sarah and Jackson, from her second marriage to Jack White, which lasted from 1993 to 2000. She had been married previously to Freddie Beckmeier from 1978 to 1981.
Маrіtаl Ѕtаtuѕ: Маrrіеd
Katey Sagal Ѕроuѕе/Husband (Nаmе): Katey Sagal Spouse-Кurt Ѕuttеr (m. 2004), Јасk Whіtе (m. 1993–2000), Frеd Lоmbаrdо (m. 1986–1989), Frеddіе Весkmеіеr (m. 1977–1981)
Сhіldrеn: Yеѕ (Ѕаrаh Grасе Whіtе, Јасkѕоn Јаmеѕ Whіtе)
Dаtіng/Воуfrіеnd (Nаmе): N/А
Katey Sagal affair continued in bursts for a number of years, but it came to an end when Sagal told Simmons that she was going to marry bassist Freddie Beckmeier of the Paul Butterfield Blues Band unless he proposed to her instead. When Simmons ‘laughed at the suggestion’, Katey Sagal married Beckmeier in 1977. She went on to have a three-year marriage with the bassist, followed by a seven-year marriage to drummer Jack White, with whom she had two children. She is currently married to Sons of Anarchy creator Kurt Sutter and they have one child.
Before interviewing for the Mary show, Katey Sagal was forced to confront her fears that she could be exposed as a fraud for having no substantial acting experience or training. ‘I stood frozen in my sober shoes’ – but sober only for a month at that time. ‘The last thing I wanted to do was show up late, or not at all, or mess up my lines or any number of things that even one night of vodka and blow could lead me to do’.
The year before Married with Children was even conceived, Sagal had landed her first series regular role on the Mary show playing ‘an irreverent, chain-smoking newspaper journalist name Jo Tucker, who sat across the desk from America’s girlfriend and cracked some hard jokes while blowing smoke in her face’.
Katey Sagal Young
- Katey Sagal sang with the band called ‘The Group With No Name’ and started her career as a singer and songwriter.
- In 1973 she performed as a backing vocalist for Bob Dylan and Tanya Tucker. She continued doing backing vocalist to many known artists including Olivia Newton-John and finally released her first solo album ‘Well’ followed by ‘Room’ in June 2004.
- Her first major acting role was as a newspaper journalist in a Chicago newspaper office in the serial, ‘Mary’, which ran from 1985 to 1986.
- This success got her the role of ‘Peggy Bundy’ in the sitcom ‘Married with Children’, where she plays the role of a lower class, sex-starved, free-spending wife of an obnoxious shoe salesman. In the serial, the couple has two teenage children brought up in a crude environment. The serial ran for ten years (1987 – 1997) and Peg Bundy became a household name during this period.
- After her initial success, she acted in many more television films and also guest-starred in the children’s animated movie, ‘Recess’, where she lent her voice as Spinelli’s mother. She also provided the voice for ‘Captain Leela’ in the science fiction comedy ‘Futurama’.
- Sagal appeared as a guest artist in three episodes of ‘That ‘70’s Show’ and also starred in the sitcom ‘Tucker’ on NBC in the year 2000.
- She played the role of the wife of John Ritter in the sitcom ‘8 Simple Rules for Dating My Teenage Daughter’ in 2002. The serial was about a caring couple with three children, much in variance to her earlier image in ‘Married with Children’. Unfortunately, Ritter died after three episodes of the second season and the show had to be canceled.
- From 2005 to 2008 she appeared in the serials ‘Lost’, ‘The Winner’, and ‘Eli Stone’ in varied roles that showed how versatile an actor she was. Her career progressed with her roles in the film ‘House Broken’ and TV show ‘Sons of Anarchy’ where she plays the role of Gemma Teller Morrow in the environment of the California bike gangs.
- In September 2014 Katey Sagal received a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame in recognition for her contribution to show business.
- In 2016, she joined the cast of the popular sitcom ‘The Big Bang Theory’ as the mother of Penny, played by actress Kaley Cuoco.
- ‘The Bastard Executioner’ is her latest collaboration with her husband, Kurt Sutter, which is a historic epic shot mainly in Wales. Her husband plays her on-screen lover and her daughter, Sarah White is also a part of the cast, in her first major role.
Katey Sagal TV Shows
Katey Sagal TV Shows Year/Katey Sagal TV Shows Title
1971 The Failing of Raymond
1972 The Bold Ones: The New Doctors
1975 The Dream Makers
1987–1997 Married with Children
1990 Mother Goose Rock ‘n’ Rhyme
1990 Tales from the Crypt
1990 The Earth Day Special
1991 She Says She’s Innocent
1995 Trail of Tears
1995 Duckman: Private Dick/Family Man
1996 Space Cases
1998 Chance of a Lifetime
1998 Mr. Headmistress
1999 No Higher Love
1999 Smart House
1999 That ’70s Show
2001 The Geena Davis Show
2002 Imagine That
2002–2005 8 Simple Rules for Dating My Teenage Daughter
2004 When Angels Come to Town
2004–2006 Higglytown Heroes
2005 Three Wise Guys
2005 Campus Confidential Katey Sagal
2005 Ghost Whisperer
2005–2007 The Shield
2006 Boston Legal
2006 The Search for the Funniest Mom in America
2007 The Winner
2008 Eli Stone
2008 CSI: Crime Scene Investigation
2008–2014 Sons of Anarchy
2013–present Super Duper Rocket
2013–present Brooklyn Nine-Nine
2014–2015 Regular Show
2014–2015 A to Z
2014 The Simpsons
2015 The Bastard Executioner
2016 The Big Bang Theory
2016 This Is Us
2017–2018 Superior Donuts
2017 Dirty Dancing
2018 Spirit Riding Free
2018 Mayans M.C.
2018–present The Conners
2019 Grand Hotel
How Much Is Katey Sagal Worth?
Katey Sagal Net Worth: Katey Sagal Is An American Actress And Musician Who Has A Net Worth Of $30 Million Dollars. Born Catherine Louise Sagal In 1954 In Los Angeles, California, Katey Sagal Studied At The California Institute Of The Arts And Began Acting In The Early ‘ the 70S.
How Old Is Katey Sagal?
66 Years (January 19, 1954)
Synopsis. Katey Sagal Was Born January 19, 1954, In Los Angeles, California. She Landed A Few Television Movie Roles In The Early 1970S. In The 1980S, She Returned To Acting And Landed A Role On Mary.
What Nationality Is Katey Sagal?
Katey Sagal Was Born Catherine Louise Sagal On January 19, 1954, In Los Angeles, California, The United States. Her Nationality Is American And Ethnicity Is Mixed(Ashkenazi Jewish, German, English, Swiss, French, Scottish). She Was Born To Sara Zwilling(Mother) And Boris Sagal(Father).
Who Is Katey Sagal Brother?