Jude Law is an English actor who gained international recognition for his performance of Dickie Greenleaf in the 1999 film ‘The Talented Mr. Ripley’ for which he has bestowed the ‘BAFTA Award for the Best Actor in a Supporting Role’ and nominated for an Academy Award and Golden Globe Award. He is also recognized for performing Pope Pius XIII in the television miniseries ‘The Young Pope’ and for making insignificant characters in the programs ‘Families’, ‘The Case-Book of Sherlock Holmes’, and ‘Saturday Night Live.’ He was usually willing towards acting from a young age and actively engaged in his school stage productions. He was just a teenager when he understood his calling and dropped out of school to seek an acting career.
Despite being handsome and talented, his primary years were filled with conflicts. After several lukewarm appearances, he finally started to enjoy success as a film star. In addition, the actor has a completed career on stage as well and has acted in many Broadway and West End productions including ‘Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat’ and ‘The Fastest Clock in the Universe.’ With his excellent acting skills, Law has done justice to almost every character he has performed to date. The actor is also known for his generous nature, Law is a peace advocate and once engaged in road protests against Alexander Lukashenko.
Jude Law Wiki/Bio
|Birth Name||David Jude Heyworth Law|
|Nick Name||Jude Law|
|Age||(as in 2020) 48 Years|
|Religion||He is non-religious|
|Sun Sign/Zodiac Sign||Capricorn|
|Birth Place||Lewisham, London, England, UK|
|Date of Birth||29 December 1972|
|Home Town||Lewisham, London, England, UK|
|Mother's Name||Margaret Anne (née Heyworth) (Comprehensive School Teacher)|
|Father's Name||Peter Robert Law (Comprehensive School Teacher)|
|Sister||Natasha Law (Older) (Painter and Graphic Designer)|
|Affairs/Girlfriends||• Sadie Frost (1995-2003)|
• Pearl Lowe (2001)
• Scarlett Johansson (2003)
• Nicole Kidman (2003)
• Sienna Miller (2003-2006; 2009-2011)
• Daisy Wright (2005)
• Cameron Diaz (2006-2007)
• Natalie Portman (2007)
• Lindsay Lohan (2007)
• Kim Hersov (2007)
• Susan Hoecke (2007)
• Samantha Burke (2008)
• Kimberly Stewart (2008)
• Lily Cole (2008)
• Sophie Monk (2009)
• Ruth Wilson (2012-2014)
• Alicia Rountree (2013)
• Linda Zimany (2014)
• Catherine Harding (2014)
• Phillipa Coan (2015-Present)
Marital Status, Wife and Children
|Wife/Spouse||• Phillipa Coan|
• Sadie Frost
|Marriage Date||• May 1, 2019 (with Phillipa Coan)|
• September 2, 1997 (with Sadie Frost)
|Children||Sons- • Rafferty Law|
• Rudy Law
Daughters- • Iris Law
• Sophia Law
• Ada Law
|School||John Ball Primary School in Blackheath|
Alleyn’s School, Dulwich, South London
|College/University||Goldsmiths, University of London|
|Profession||Actor, film producer, and director|
|Brands Endorsed||• Dior Homme Sport|
• Johnnie Walker’s Blue Label
• He also appeared in PSA for Respect for Animals, UK in 2007.
• Dunhill luxury goods for men
|Career Manager||• Julian Belfrage Associates|
• William Morris Endeavor Entertainment
Height, Weight, and Figure Measurements
|Height (Approx.)||in centimeters- 178 cm|
in meters- 1.78 m
in feet inches- 5’10”
|Weight (Approx.)||in kilograms- 97 kg|
in pounds- 192 lbs
|Chest Size||44 Inches|
|Biceps Size||15 Inches|
|Waist Size||35 Inches|
Extra Ordinary Features
|Race / Ethnicity||White|
|Dress Size||Not Available|
|Shoe Size||Not Available|
|Favorite Ice-Cream Flavor||Cookies ‘n cream|
|Favorite Submarine Films||Das Boot, Run Silent Run Deep, Gray Lady Down|
Law was born in Lewisham, South London, the second child of junior and later on, comprehensive school teachers Margaret Anne Heyworth and Peter Robert Law, his father following became, according to Law, “the youngest headmaster in London”.
His mother was adopted but was later rejoined with her Welsh birth mother, Meinwen Parry. He has a sister, Natasha. Law was named David after one of his parents’ best friends but named by his middle name since birth. The name Jude was taken from “a bit of both” the book Jude the Obscure and the Beatles song “Hey Jude”.
He rose up in Blackheath, an area in the Borough of Greenwich, and was educated at John Ball Primary School in Blackheath and Kidbrooke School, before joining Alleyn’s School.
Law’s parents reside in Vaudelnay, France, where they run their own drama school and theatre. His sister Natasha is an illustrator and artist, being in London.
Law met actress Sadie Frost while operating in the film Shopping. The two married on 2 September 1997 and separated on 29 October 2003. They have three children. While filming Alfie (2004) in late 2003, Law and co-star Sienna Miller began a relationship and became engaged in 2004. On 8 July 2005, Law issued a public explanation to Miller for having an affair with his children’s nanny. Miller and Law broke in November 2006.
Law was in a short relationship with American model Samantha Burke in 2008, Burke gave birth to her and Law’s daughter in September 2009. His fifth child, a girl, was born in 2015, to Catherine Harding. He wedded his girlfriend Phillipa Coan on 1 May 2019. They have one child together.
Jude Law Net Worth
Jude Law has a net worth of $45 million.
|Estimated Net Worth in 2019 (Approx)||$45 Million|
|Estimated Net Worth in 2018(Approx)||Under Review|
|Annual Salary||Under Review|
|Income Source||Actor, film producer, and director|
His work in 2004’s Alfie and Closer also gave him some cold-hard cash. He was reportedly paid around $9 million for each of those as well. And though he couldn’t have been paid much for his small cameo as Errol Flynn in Martin Scorses’s Academy Award-nominated Aviator, it definitely propelled him further.
Unfortunately for Jude, he and Sadie Frost were soon separated. This happened in Jude spending a huge part of his earnings in the divorce settlement. The following party with Samantha Burke, and the daughter they had together, would also cost him $2 million, according to various sources.
Movies And TV Shows
- Jude Law started acting in 1987 with the National Youth Music Theatre and performed in the play ‘Bodywork’. He then had various characters in the play ‘The Ragged Child’ in 1988. That year, he also appeared in the play ‘The Little Rats’.
- Soon after this, the actor was cast in the show ‘Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat’ and in the TV movie ‘The Tailor of Gloucester’ in 1989.
- He had a minor character in the TV soap opera ‘Families’ in 1990.
- In the coming year, he performed in an episode of the TV series ‘The Case-Book of Sherlock Holmes’.
- In the year 1992, he got starred in the productions of ‘The Fastest Clock in the Universe’ and ‘Pygmalion’ as well as in the short movie ‘The Crane’.
- The English actor then moved on to act in the performance ‘Death of a Salesman’ (1993) that was staged at the West Yorkshire Playhouse.
- After this, he had his breakthrough character in the crime drama film ‘Shopping’ in 1994.
- That year, Law also performed in the West End production ‘Les Parents Terribles’, a performance directed by Sean Mathias.
- In 1997, he got more fame with his performance in the biopic ‘Wilde’ and for playing Billy Carl Hanson in the flick ‘Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil’.
- The next year, he emerged in the films ‘Music from Another Room’, ‘Final Cut’, and ‘The Wisdom of Crocodiles’.
- In 1999, the actor was cast as Dickie Greenleaf in the movie ‘The Talented Mr. Ripley’.
- Then in 2001, he performed Vasily Zaytsev in the movie ‘ Enemy at the Gates’ as well as Gigolo Joe in the flick ‘A.I. Artificial Intelligence’.
- Jude Law was starred in the drama movie ‘Road to Perdition’ in 2002 and also directed an anti-fur cinema commercial that featured several artists including Law, George Michael, Helena Christensen, Moby, and Chrissie Hynde.
- After emerging in the 2003 flick ‘Cold Mountain’, Law was featured as Errol Flynn in the movie ‘The Aviator’ the following year.
- During 2006 and 2007, the English artist did the movies ‘All the King’s Men’, ‘Breaking & Entering’, ‘The Holiday’, ‘My Blueberry Nights’ and ‘Sleuth’.
- A few years later, he got the chance to perform Dr. John Watson in the English-American action film ‘Sherlock Holmes’.
- He also appeared in the lead character in the play ‘Hamlet’ in 2009.
- From 2010 to 2012, Law did many big screens and stage projects including ‘Repo Men’, ‘Contagion’, ’Hugo’, ‘Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows’, ‘360’, ‘Anna Karenina’ and ‘Anna Christie’.
- Between 2013 and 2014, he performed Henry V in the production of ‘Henry V’. During this time, he also appeared in the films ‘Side Effects’, ‘Dom Hemingway’, ‘The Grand Budapest Hotel’ and ‘Black Sea’.
- Law acted in the play ‘The Vote’ and appeared in an episode of ‘Toast of London’ in 2015.
- The following year, he entered the cast of the drama ‘The Young Pope’ as Pope Pius XIII.
- Then he characterized roles in the show ‘Obsession’ and in the movie ‘King Arthur: Legend of the Sword,’ both in 2017.
|1996||I Love You, I Love You Not|
Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil
|1998||Music from Another Room|
The Wisdom of Crocodiles
Presence of Mind
The Talented Mr. Ripley
|2000||Love, Honour and Obey|
|2001||Enemy at the Gates|
A.I. Artificial Intelligence
|2002||Road to Perdition|
|2004||I Heart Huckabees|
Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow
Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events
|2006||All the King's Men|
Breaking & Entering
|2007||My Blueberry Nights|
The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus
Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows
Rise of the Guardians
|2014||The Grand Budapest Hotel|
|2017||King Arthur: Legend of the Sword|
Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald
A Rainy Day in New York
|2020||The Rhythm Section|
TV Shows & Serials List
|1989||The Tailor of Gloucester|
|1991||The Case-Book of Sherlock Holmes|
|2004, 2010||Saturday Night Live|
|2015||Toast of London|
|2016||The Young Pope|
|2020||The New Pope|
The Third Day
Facts about Jude Law
- Jude Law was called after judging the Beatles song “Hey Jude” and also the book “Jude the Obscure.”
- In 2015, Jude’s oldest son Rafferty was involved in the list of GQ’s 50 best dressed British men.
- A band called, Brand New highlighted a song on his name which is “Jude Law and a Semester Abroad.”
- He is great friends with actress Rachel Weisz and Andrea Logiudice.
- His first name is the German word for “Jew.” But, he is not Jewish.
- For the 1999 film The Talented Mr. Ripley, he received to operate the saxophone.
- He was previously a partner in the production company Natural Nylon.
- Jude was left out of the movie From Hell (2001).
- Jonny Lee Miller and Ewan McGregor were his previous roommates.
- At 17, Jude left out of school so that he could perform in TV series Families (1990).
- In 2004, he was titled People Magazine’s “S*xiest Man Alive.”
- In the 2013 movie Iron Man Three, he was first thought to play the character of Aldrich Killian. But, after he turned it down, it went to Aldrich Guy Pearce.
- At one point in time, his dad became the youngest headmaster in London.
- In 2002, when he performed the title character in the play Doctor Faustus, he was injured thrice including a blood infection in the leg.
- He is a keen fan of the Tottenham Hotspur football club.
- Jude is not on social media.
[wps_faq style=”classic” question=”Did Cameron Diaz Ever date Jude Law?”]Cameron and Jude met after starring in the 2006 romantic comedy The Holiday together. They were previously romantically linked in 2007 and 2009.[/wps_faq]
[wps_faq style=”classic” question=”What was Jude Law’s first movie?”]He then received a Tony Nomination for “Outstanding Supporting Actor”. He has then rewarded the Theatre World Award. After Broadway, Jude started on the big screen, in many independent films. His first big-named movie was Gattaca (1997), with Uma Thurman and Ethan Hawke.[/wps_faq]
[wps_faq style=”classic” question=”What did Catholics think of Jude Law’s performance as Pius XIII in The Young Pope and The New Pope?”]Religion has definitely become less important among the young people of Ireland when not even 30 years ago 95 percent of the country went to bulk every Sunday and truly held in God. But I have to say, I have never seen such an unusual tv series before. It gave an insight into the catholic HQ and even though a lot of it was fiction it was amazing and really made me interested in the workings of religion. It is my favorite tv series and watches it over and over again. Only the elderly and older people of Ireland would probs get very offended and pissed off but honestly, it’s an artwork and I would become a nun if Pope Pius XIII told me to.[/wps_faq]
[wps_faq style=”classic” question=”What is your opinion of the actor Jude Law?”]He is an excellent character actor with leading man looks, but for some reason cannot strongly carry a picture as a lead, which was accidentally hammered home in 2005 via Chris Rock’s Oscar show opening monologue in which he asked “Who’s Jude Law?” after having seen him perform in 6 films the previous year, implying that Hollywood studios should wait to hire Tom Cruise instead; even his high profile appearance in the hugely successful “Captain Marvel” (2019), reveals that lack of charisma. His high sketch personal affairs offscreen, have absolutely done nothing to help him win audiences over.[/wps_faq]