Joshua Walter Kimmich (born 8 February 1995) is a German professional footballer who plays as a defensive midfielder or right-back for Bundesliga club Bayern Munich and the Germany national team. He is well-known for his all-around game, versatility, aggressiveness, and playmaking abilities. He is frequently likened to former Bayern Munich captain Philipp Lahm and is widely seen as his successor.
Kimmich joined RB Leipzig’s first squad in 2013 after progressing through the club’s junior system. He joined Bayern Munich two years later. After completing the continental triple with Bayern Munich in the 2019-20 season, Kimmich was named to the UEFA Team of the Year, the FIFA FIFPro Men’s World11, and was named the UEFA Champions League Defender of the Season.
Joshua Kimmich Bio/Wiki
[table id=5431 /]
Kimmich and his partner Lina Meyer have two children: a son born in 2019, and a daughter born in October 2020. With his Bayern Munich colleague Leon Goretzka, he started the “We Kick Corona” internet effort to aid humanitarian, social, and medical organizations during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Kimmich has remained unvaccinated against COVID despite his early support for the project. His lack of vaccinations prompted him to miss crucial matches for both the German national team and Bayern Munich. Kimmich openly declared that he regretted his reservations and will be obtaining the immunisation after testing positive for COVID in November 2021 and apparently having several negative effects including diminished lung capacity.
Joshua Kimmich Awards
- Bundesliga: 2015–16, 2016–17, 2017–18, 2018–19, 2019–20, 2020–21, 2021–22
- DFB-Pokal: 2015–16, 2018–19, 2019–20
- DFL-Supercup: 2016, 2017, 2018, 2020, 2021, 2022
- UEFA Champions League: 2019–20
- UEFA Super Cup: 2020
- FIFA Club World Cup: 2020
- UEFA European Under-19 Championship: 2014
- FIFA Confederations Cup: 2017
- UEFA European Championship Team of the Tournament: 2016
- UEFA Champions League Breakthrough XI: 2016
- German national Player of the Year: 2017, 2021
- UEFA Champions League Squad of the Season: 2017–18, 2019–20
- UEFA Champions League Defender of the Season: 2019–20
- UEFA Team of the Year: 2020
- FIFA FIFPro World11: 2020
- FIFA Club World Cup Bronze Ball: 2020
- ESM Team of the Year: 2018–19
- Bundesliga Team of the Season: 2017–18, 2018–19, 2019–20, 2020–21, 2021–22
- kicker Bundesliga Team of the Season: 2018–19, 2019–20
- Bundesliga Goal of the Month: May 2020, September 2020
- IFFHS Men’s World Team: 2020
Joshua Kimmich Net Worth
The range of Joshua Kimmich’s net worth or income is thought to be between €70,000,000. However, his major occupation as a soccer player has brought him a significant amount of wealth.
[table id=5411 /]
Joshua Kimmich FIFA 22 Stats
In FIFA 22, Joshua Kimmich has an overall rating of 89 and his potential is also 90.
[table id=5392 /]
- Kimmich was a VfB Stuttgart youth player.
- He later joined RB Leipzig in July 2013. Stuttgart obtained a repurchase option.
- On September 28, of that year, he made his 3. Liga debut for the club as a substitute for Thiago Rockenbach in a 2-2 tie with SpVgg Unterhaching.
- On November 30, 2013, he scored his first professional goal in a 3-2 victory over 1. FC Saarbrücken.
- He has one goal in 26 games during the 2013-14 season.
- On March 1, 2015, Kimmich scored his first goal of the 2014-15 season in a 3-2 victory over Union Berlin.
- He had two goals and 29 appearances in the 2014-15 season.
- Kimmich agreed to join Bayern Munich on a five-year contract until 30 June 2020 for a reported cost of €7 million, the majority of which went to VfB Stuttgart.
- On August 9, he made his debut for the club, starting in the first round of the DFB-Pokal against FC Nöttingen.
- Pep Guardiola granted him his Bundesliga debut the following month, on September 12, when he came on as a late replacement against FC Augsburg at home.
- Kimmich made his UEFA Champions League debut four days later in Bayern’s campaign opener away at Olympiakos, and he started in the Bundesliga for the first time three days later, playing 90 minutes against SV Darmstadt 98 in a 3-0 triumph.
- Kimmich won the 2017 DFL-Supercup with Bayern Munich, defeating archrival Borussia Dortmund on penalties 5-4 after extra time finished 2-2.
- On September 16, he contributed three assists to the goals of Thomas Müller, Arjen Robben, and Robert Lewandowski as Bayern Munich defeated 1. FSV Mainz 05 4-0.
- Kimmich signed a three-year contract extension through 30 June 2023 on March 9, 2018.
- He scored in both the first and second legs of the Champions League semi-final against Real Madrid, but his team was eliminated from the game on a 4-3 aggregate score.
- Kimmich has six goals and seventeen assists in 47 games during the 2017-18 season.
- Kimmich took up the number 6 shirt for the 2020-21 season when Thiago Alcântara, who had worn it for seven years, left for Liverpool.
- He scored the game-winning goal in a 3-2 triumph over Borussia Dortmund in the 2020 DFL Supercup on September 30, 2020.
- In the 2020-21 UEFA Champions League, Kimmich scored the game-winning goal in a 2-1 away win over Lokomotiv Moscow on October 27.
- Kimmich signed a new deal with Bayern on August 23, 2021, keeping him at the club until 2025.
- Kimmich was chosen to Germany’s preliminary 27-man team for UEFA Euro 2016 on May 17, 2016.
- On May 31, 2016, he was picked to the final 23-man roster and handed the number 21 shirt.
- Kimmich was picked to start for Germany in their final Group C encounter against Northern Ireland on 21 June 2016, replacing Benedikt Höwedes at right back.
- Kimmich was chosen to UEFA’s Team of the Tournament despite being Germany’s first-choice right-back as they advanced to the semi-finals.
- Kimmich scored his first goal for the German national team in a 3-0 win against Norway during the 2018 FIFA World Cup qualifying on September 4, 2016.
- Kimmich was named to Joachim Löw’s Germany team for the 2017 FIFA Confederations Cup on May 17, 2017.
He is currently 28 years old (as of 2023).
He is 177 cm tall.
He plays as a midfielder.
After his transfer to Bayern Munich, his net worth is €70,000,000 (as of 2023).