Jodie Sweetin is an actress and television personality from the United States. She is most recognized for her portrayal in Full House as well as its Netflix spin-off, Fuller House, as Stephanie Tanner. Jodie has also landed roles in a number of television shows and indie films in addition to these. She’s also the host of her own podcast and has been in several advertisements. Jodie also anchored the second season of Pants-Off Dancing-Off, a dance competition show. She also competed in season 22 of the dancing tv program Dancing with the Stars with other personalities on March 2, 2016.
Jodie Sweetin was born to Sam Sweetin and Janice Sweetin. Her parents were both in prison as she was born, then she was fostered by her uncle Sam with his wife Janice. In 2002, when she became 20 years old, she wedded Shaun Holguin. In 2006, Sweetin and Holguin separated. She again married Cody Herpin in 2007, and the couple divorced in 2010. Jodie married Morty Coyle for the third time in 2012, however, they also got divorced in 2016.
Jodie Sweetin Bio/Wiki[table id=2605 /]
Jodie Lee-Ann Sweetin was born in Los Angeles, California on 19th January 1982 to Sam Sweetin and Janice Sweetin. Both of her parents were in jail at the time of her birth, so she was promptly adopted by her uncle, Sam Sweetin, and his wife.
Jodie Sweetin began taking dance classes at the age of three, practicing ballet and tap dancing. Sweetin met actor Matthew Morrison during her high school years and worked with him in a number of musical projects. Sweetin earned his high school graduation in 1999 from Los Alamitos High School in Los Alamitos, California. Sweetin went to Chapman University after graduating from high school.
Jodie began acting at a very young age, with advertisements booking her before she became five years old. She won the part of Pamela in the Valerie comedy in 1987. The program was titled The Hogan Family later on. She also landed the part of Stephanie Tanner on Full House that year.
Following the conclusion of Full House, Jodie Sweetin fell to the destiny of many child stars at this time, becoming hooked to drugs and alcohol at the age of 14. Her addiction lasted for the following 15 years, during which time she tried a variety of drugs such as ecstasy, meth, and crack cocaine.
In 2002, when she became 20 years old, she wedded Shaun Holguin. In 2006, Sweetin and Holguin separated. She again married Cody Herpin in 2007, and the couple divorced in 2010. Jodie married Morty Coyle for the third time in 2012, however, they also got divorced in 2016.
She had a long break from the entertainment business due to her drug issues, but she had a comeback in 2006 to host Pants-Off Dancing-Off, a dance competition program on the Fuse channel.
Jodie Sweetin’s most successful venture was Fuller House, it’s the remake of Full House. The Netflix series aired for five seasons before being canceled in 2020.
Jodie Sweetin Net Worth
Jodie Sweetin has a net worth of around $4 million.[table id=2606 /]
Jodie’s perhaps most known for her part in the comedy Full House, which may explain how she’s managed to amass such a big net worth without doing anything else. Despite having acquired an amazing fortune through acting since she was just six years old, and even actively trying to expand over into other areas. Jodie Sweetin, like many child celebrities who achieve fame at a young age, never achieved fame once more after her early success.
- Jodie Sweetin and fellow actor Matthew Morrison engaged in musical theatre together in high school.
- She was chosen as Pamela, Mrs. Poole’s niece, in the 1987 comedy Valerie after appearing in many national advertisements.
- In 1987, Jeff Franklin cast her as Stephanie Tanner in the ABC tv comedy Full House, and she remained in the cast till 1995.
- Sweetin returned to tv screens in the second season of Fuse’s Pants-Off Dancing-Off dance contest show.
- Small Bits of Happiness, a dark comedy about a suicide prevention specialist that she featured in, won Best Comedy at the 3rd Annual Independent Television Awards.
- Jodie Sweetin shifted her attention to indie filmmaking in 2009, starring in two films, Redefining Love and Port City.
- She starred in five episodes of the online series Can’t Get Arrested in 2011.
- She played Leia in the 2012 tv movie Singled Out.
- Sweetin’s involvement as Stephanie Tanner on the Netflix spin-off series Fuller House, which concluded after five seasons in 2020, was confirmed in 2015.
- In 2017 Jodie Sweetin performed as one of the celebrities competing on Season 22 of Dancing with the Stars.
- She featured in Hollywood Darlings, an unplanned documentary comedy series for Pop in which she portrays an exaggerated version of herself, on April 12, 2017.
- Sweetin and Celia Behar, a certified mental health counselor, created a family podcast called Never Thought I’d Say This in 2019.
- Jodie Sweetin’s professional career began when she was four years old.
- She had a serious meth problem at one point.
- Sweetin is the only character on Full House who appears in every episode.
- Jodie’s wedding took place on the Vegas strip in Las Vegas.
- In primary school, Jodie Sweetin skipped a grade.
- She is parenting her two daughters alone, and they are from two separate relationships.
- Mescal Wasilewski is Jodie’s current partner.
Jodie’s father is one-fourth Native American.
Morty Coyle from 2012 to 2016, Cody Herpin from 2007 to 2010, and Shaun Holguin from 2002 to 2006 are her former husbands.
Jodie Sweetin has two beautiful girls.