Jamie Vardy is an English footballer who plays as a striker for Leicester City in the English Premier League. He is also an important member of England’s national football team. Vardy began playing football in his school days. His first major team was Stocksbridge Park Steels. The first time he represented the team was in 2007, and he impressed everyone with his amazing talent and superb skills.
He then went on to play in the Northern Premier League for the team F.C. Halifax Town and scored 25 goals in his first season, helping himself to bag the ‘Player’s Player of the Year’ award in 2010. He was bought by Leicester City in 2012 as a result of his talents. After helping his club to win a trophy in 2014, he scored 11 consecutive goals the following season, earning him the title of Premier League Player of the Season and FWA Footballer of the Year. As of 2015, he had already made his international debut and is known as one of the team’s lifelines.
- Fernando Torres Biography, Age, Height, Family, Wife, Net Worth & Wiki
- Antoine Griezmann Bio, Age, Height, Weight, Wife, Net Worth & Wiki
Jamie Vardy Wiki/Bio
|Birth Name||Jamie Richard Vardy|
|Age||35 (as in 2022) Years|
|Sun Sign/Zodiac Sign||Capricorn|
|Birth Place||Sheffield, England|
|Date of Birth||11 January 1987|
|Home Town||Sheffield, England|
|Hobbies||Playing football / Soccer, Spend a good time with family and friends, Traveling, Swimming|
|Mother's Name||Lisa Vardy (Worked at solicitors)|
|Father's Name||Richard Gill (Crane Worker)|
|Affairs/Girlfriends||Rebecca “Becky” Nicholson|
Marital Status, Wife and Children
|Wife/Spouse||Rebecca “Becky” Nicholson|
|Marriage Date||25 May 2016|
|Children||His wife has five children|
• Megan (born 2005) (Daughter)
• Taylor (born 2010) (Son)
with footballer Luke Foster and three children with current husband Jamie Vardy,
• Sofia (born 2014)
• Finlay (born 2017)
• Olivia Grace (born 2019)
|College/University||Thomas Rotherham College|
|Educational Qualification||Not Available|
|Profession||Professional Soccer Player|
|Brands Endorsed||Jamie has appeared in a Christmas commercial for Beats by Dr Dre.|
|Career Manager||Jamie is signed to Key Sports Management Ltd.|
|Debut Club||In 2002 for Sheffield Wednesday City F.C.|
|Debut International||In 2015 England national team|
|Current Team(s)||Leicester City F.C.|
|Jersey Number||9 (Leicester City F.C.)|
|Position||Striker, Vardy can also play as Left and Right Wing|
Height, Weight, and Figure Measurements
|Height (Approx.)||in centimeters- 178 cm|
in meters- 1.78 m
in feet inches- 5’10”
|Weight (Approx.)||in kilograms- 76 kg|
in pounds- 168 lbs
|Chest Size||47 inches|
|Biceps Size||14½ inches|
|Waist Size||34 inches|
Extra Ordinary Features
|Race / Ethnicity||White|
|Distinctive Features||• Mohawk hairstyle|
• Blue eyes
• Goal scoring abilities
|Dress Size||Not Available|
|Shoe Size||Not Available|
|Favorite Playing Position||Striker|
|Favorite Players||David Beckham, Gerd Muller, Ronaldinho|
|Favorite Japanese Food||Uramaki and Ebiten Tempura Roll|
|Controversies||Jamie was booked in 2015 after he appeared in a video calling a man from Asia a "Jap". That didn't go over well with his team, so he was fined and was forced to attend an educational course. Jamie later apologized, saying that it was a 'regrettable error of judgement'.|
Jamie Vardy was born on 11th January 1987 in Sheffield, England into a lower-middle-class family. During his childhood, his family struggled with poverty. His father worked as a crane driver, while his mother was a legal secretary.
In school, Jamie wasn’t particularly bright, and he spent a lot of time playing football. He was looking forward to playing soccer for the local teams by the time he was 16.
He wanted to be a part of Sheffield Wednesday, but was rejected because he wasn’t ‘good enough’. He gave up his dreams of becoming a footballer for some time after that, as his heart was changing.
As well, he moved out of his parent’s house after having frequent spats with them. In order to pay his bills, he took on odd jobs and practiced his football skills whenever he had the opportunity. Stockbridge Park was able to take him in due to his hard work. The poor football player earned less than 30 pounds per week, but he considered himself blessed.
As his performance improved under efficient coaching, he caught the attention of the big teams after scoring 66 goals in 3 years, which was an astonishing performance by any standard.
Jamie Vardy met Rebekah Nicholson while she was working at a nightclub promotional event. They began dating right away and got married in May 2016. The marriage became somewhat controversial due to the ongoing feud between Jamie and his family. Jamie did not invite his parents to the wedding. When asked about it, he did not respond.
Later on, his mother told the reporters that he was no longer on speaking terms with his family. To assist budding footballers and individuals desiring to improve their football skills, Jamie launched the ‘V9 Academy’ in November 2015.
An adaptation of Jamie’s life script was ready to be made into a film as early as 2016. Filming is due to begin in the near future.
- Sergio Ramos Biography, Age, Parents, Wife, Education, Net Worth & Wiki
- Kylian Mbappé Bio, Age, Height, Parents, Wife, Son, Net Worth & Wiki
Jamie Vardy Net Worth
Jamie Vardy has a net worth of $12 million.
|Estimated Net Worth in 2022 (Approx)||$12 Million|
|Estimated Net Worth in 2021 (Approx)||$5 Million|
|Income Source||Professional Soccer Player|
|Cars Collection||Bentley Continental GT|
Aside from his salary at Leicester City, Vardy also earns a considerable amount of income from endorsement deals with Nike and Beats by Dre.
According to online sources, Jamie Vardy is the highest-paid player in Leicester City. The star takes a weekly salary of £140,000. Current Contract. Jamie Vardy signed a 4 year / £29,120,000 contract with Leicester City, including an annual average salary of £7,280,000. James Vardy owns £165,000 Bentley Continental GT.
- As a member of Halifax, Jamie made his debut in August 2010 by scoring the winning goal. In the remaining matches, he earned several honors, making him the wonder boy of the team. His 25 goals in his first season of major league play were no small feat, and he was named Player of the Year.
- He ended up joining Fleetwood Town in 2011 as one of the biggest teams in Conference Premier as his popularity grew. His first season with the team ended with him winning the Player of the Year award again.
- For the first time since the team’s inception, he led his team to a championship win. After this, Jamie could not be stopped and he was soon signed to play for Leicester City in the English Premier League.
- A million pounds was spent on Jamie in May 2012 when he signed a three-year contract with the club, a non-league record. However, his first season wasn’t very good, as Jamie struggled during the season with poor form.
- In the next season, he gave everything he had to his coach to become stronger than ever. The team topped the table right from the beginning of the season after that. Jamison scored a number of goals in order to secure the championship. The team reaffirmed Jamie’s spot with 16 goals as a result of his performance. At the season’s end, he was also named ‘Players’ Player of the Year’.
- The year 2014 was an important one for Jamie, as he was set to play in the Premier League for the first time. The player made his debut against Arsenal with a goal to draw the match after missing two due to injury. The player won the Player of the Month award once again in April.
- As a result, he earned Premier League Player of the Month awards in October and November for his outstanding performances in 2015.
- He made his debut for the national team against the Republic of Ireland in a friendly match in Dublin in 2015. According to rumors, the player had a feud with the team’s captain Wayne Rooney, but the rumors were both denied by both players and their manager.
- At the beginning of 2016, he was hailed as one of the best players in the Premier League, and his manager Claudio Ranieri called him ‘priceless.’ This led to the team qualifying for the first time in history for the UEFA Championship League.
- His season ended with him being named both the FWA Player of the Year and Barclay’s Premier League Player of the Season. During the summer of 2016, Arsenal presented him with a record price as they were eager to acquire him. However, Leicester was able to hold on to him for an even better price. Because of that, Jamie returned to the club.
- The striker continued to play for Leicester and scored his first goal in UEFA Championship League play against Sevilla FC in February 2017.
- As of 9 August 2018, Vardy signed a new contract with Leicester City, tying him to the club until 2022 when he will be 35 years old. Virgil Vardy began the season as a substitute, scoring a 92nd-minute consolation goal in Manchester United’s 2–1 defeat on opening day. The following match, he received a red card for a harsh tackle on Wolves defender Matt Doherty.
- Vardy scored two goals in Leicester’s 3–1 win over Fulham on the 9th of March, his 100th for the club. Leicester City’s Vardy racked up his 100th league goal on 28 April as he scored two goals in an away victory against Arsenal, a 3–0 home win over the Gunners.
- Vardy scored a hat-trick in a 9–0 away win against Southampton on 25 October 2019.
- Vardy scored his 100th and 101st goals in the Premier League in a 3–0 win over Crystal Palace on 4 July 2020. Leicester’s first player to reach the 100 goal mark and 29th overall in league history. One player out of 29 who has scored 100 Premier League goals has debuted in the competition at a younger age than Vardy (27 years 232 days).
- He won the Premier League Golden Boot for the first time in his career with 23 goals, followed by Southampton forward Danny Ings and Arsenal forward Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang with 22 goals apiece. The 33-year-old Vardy became the oldest player ever to win the award, as Didier Drogba won the award at 32 when he led Chelsea to the Premier League title with 29 goals in 2009-2010.
- As of August 26, Vardy has signed a contract extension with Leicester City until 2023. A 5–2 away win against Manchester City on 27 September saw him score his second hat-trick.
- Against Arsenal, he scored Leicester City’s only goal in a 1–0 victory on 25 October, which was the club’s first away victory at the Emirates since September 1973. As part of Stonewall’s Rainbow Laces campaign, Vardy slid into and destroyed a corner flag while celebrating his last-minute goal in Leicester’s 2–1 win against Sheffield United on 6 December. Vardy signed the flag later and presented it to Foxes Pride, Leicester’s LGBT+ group.
- The first time Leicester won the FA Cup was on 15 May 2021 when Leicester defeated Chelsea 1–0, the first-ever win the club has ever had. He was the first player to compete in every round, including the preliminary rounds, after playing in the final.
Facts About Jamie Vardy
- Sheffield Wednesday released Jamie when he was 16 years old.
- His senior career began in 2007 with Stocksbridge Park Steels, where he played for 3 years until 2010.
- In his debut season, Vardy scored 26 goals, earning him the “Player’s Player of the Year” award.
- In 2014, Jamie won the Championship League with Leicester City after signing a contract with them in May 2012.
- Vardy joined the England national football team in 2015 and made his debut on June 7th in Dublin against the Republic of Ireland. During the match against the Republic of Ireland, he replaced Wayne Rooney, who had sat out.
- Against Germany, Jamie scored the winning goal in his first international appearance for England on the 26th of March.
- The year 2007 was his first year working as a medical splint technician.
- The V9 Academy was launched by Jamie in November 2015. Several scouts from various football clubs attended the academy to see how these non-league players displayed their talents.
- A food manufacturer called Walkers released a limited edition crisp flavor called Vardy Salted in 2015.
- An assault attack took place outside an English pub back in 2007 in which Jamie was convicted. A guilty verdict was given to him and a six-month electronic tag was required of him.
At what age did Jamie Vardy become pro?
During his first season as a professional footballer, Vardy helped Leicester League to promotion to the Premier League in 2014. With six wins from Leicester’s final eight games, Vardy helped Leicester avoid relegation in his first season back in the Premier League.
How many caps has Jamie Vardy?
With 26 caps to his name, Vardy hangs up his Three Lions’ boots. On June 7, 2015, Vardy made his international debut against the Republic of Ireland.
How much did Jamie Vardy go to Leicester for?
In May 2012, Vardy signed for Leicester City in the Championship and helped the team win the championship in 2014.
Is there a movie about Jamie Vardy?
Producers of the Oscar-winning movie about Jamie Vardy’s career agree to produce it. There is currently a film being developed about Jamie Vardy’s incredible rise to the Premier League from Non-League soccer, with Oscar-winning producers on board.