Mexican professional footballer Hector Alfredo Moreno Herrera (born 17 January 1988) famously known as Hector Moreno, plays as a center-back for Liga MX club Monterrey and the Mexico national team. In 2006, at the age of 18, Moreno made his senior debut for Club Universidad Nacional. A year later, he moved abroad to join the Dutch club AZ Alkmaar, where he won his first league championship. In 2011, he joined Spanish club Espanyol and played there for four years before returning to the Netherlands with PSV Eindhoven.
Moreno spent a short time with Roma in 2017 before returning to Real Sociedad. In 2005, Moreno was a member of the Mexico national under-17 team that won the World Championship in Peru. As well as the 2010 and 2014 FIFA World Cups, and the 2011 and 2019 CONCAC Cups. He has also represented Mexico in Copa América Centenario, and the 2013 and 2017 FIFA Confederations Cup. In addition, he has also represented Mexico in the 2010 and 2014 FIFA Confederations Cups.
Hector Moreno Bio/Wiki
The table below reveals concise information about Hector Moreno. It gives you the ability to read through the Mexican footballer’s profile as fast as possible.
|Birth Name||Héctor Alfredo Moreno Herrera|
|Nickname/ Popular Name/ Shirt Name||Héctor Moreno|
|Age||35 (as in 2023) Years|
|Sun Sign/Zodiac Sign||Capricorn|
|Birth Place||Culiacán, Mexico|
|Date of Birth||17 January 1988|
|Home Town||Culiacán, Mexico|
|Hobbies||Watching Movies, Horse Riding, Swimming|
|Mother's Name||Alcira Herrera|
|Father's Name||Cesar Moreno|
Marital Status, Wife and Children
|Wife/Spouse||Irene Martínez (m. 2015)|
|Children||Daughter(s)- • Mia|
|School||Universidad Nacional youth academy|
|College/University||Universidad Nacional youth academy|
|Career Manager/ Player Agent||JB Sports2Business GmbH|
|Debut For Current Club Team||• 2021: CF Monterrey|
|Debut For Current Senior International Team||• 2007: Mexico national football team|
|Jersey Number (2022-23)||• 15 (CF Monterrey)|
• 15 (Mexico national football team)
|Current Teams||• CF Monterrey|
• Mexico national football team
|Position||Defender - Centre-Back|
• Eredivisie: 2008–09
• Johan Cruyff Shield: 2009
• Eredivisie: 2015–16
• Johan Cruyff Shield: 2016
• CONCACAF Champions League: 2021
• FIFA U-17 World Championship: 2005
• CONCACAF Gold Cup: 2011, 2019
• CONCACAF Cup: 2015
• CONCACAF Best XI: 2015, 2017
• IFFHS CONCACAF Men's Team of the Decade: 2011–2020
Height, Weight, and Figure Measurements
|Height (Approx.)||in centimeters- 185 cm|
in meters- 1.85 m
in feet inches- 6'1"
|Weight (Approx.)||in kilograms- 76 kg|
in pounds- 168 lbs
|Chest Size||41 inches|
|Biceps Size||12 inches|
|Waist Size||32 inches|
Extra Ordinary Features
|Race / Ethnicity||Mexican|
|Hair Color||Dark Brown|
|Distinctive Features||Not Available|
|Dress Size||7 U.S.|
|Shoe Size||10 U.S.|
|Favorite Playing Position||Defender - Centre-Back|
|Favorite Car||Not Available|
|Favorite Food||Fruits and Veg|
|Favorite Player||Not Available|
|Favorite Pet Animal||Dog|
|Favorite Cell Phone/Brand||Iphone|
Hector Moreno Net Worth
In 2023, what will Hector Moreno’s salary be?
In Jul 2021 Hector Moreno signed a contract with Monterrey in Mexico which netted him a whopping salary of £2,417,150 per year. We have crunched the numbers, this means he earns £6,640 per day and £276 per hour!
Salary & Net Worth Updated 2023
|Estimated Net Worth in 2023 (Approx)||$6 Million|
|Estimated Net Worth in 2022 (Approx)||$4 Million|
|Estimated Net Worth in 2021 (Approx)||$3 Million|
|UPDATE 2023||His current club salary and several other earnings are included in the salary data below.|
|Annual or Per Year Salary||£2,417,150|
|Per Month Salary||£201,430|
|Per Week Salary||£46,483|
|Per Day Salary||£6,640|
|Per Hour Salary||£276|
|Per Minute Salary||£4.6|
|Current Contract||With CF Monterrey|
|Contract Signed/Extension||Jul 1, 2021|
|Contract Signing Amount or Transfer Fee||$2.75 Million|
|Market Value||$1.65 Million|
|Highest Market Value||$8.80 Million (Jul 15, 2016)|
|Income Source||Professional Footballer|
|Cars Collection||Not Available|
His stock is on the rise thanks to his performances on the pitch. Hector Moreno has an estimated net worth of around $6 Million, and his market value is about $1.65 million.
Hector Moreno FIFA 22 Stats – Potential And Rating
Currently, Hector Moreno plays as a center-back for Monterrey in Mexico. In FIFA 22, he has an overall rating of 75 with a potential rating of 75. A 2-star rating has been given to Moreno for his skill moves.
Hector Moreno FIFA 22 Stats
Overall Rating In FIFA 22
Potential In FIFA 22
|82||Heading Accuracy||28||FK Accuracy|
|73||Short Passing||68||Long Passing|
|80||Defensive Awareness||75||Sliding Tackle|
The left foot is the preferred foot for him when shooting. His workrate is Medium / Medium. According to our database, Moreno is 186 cm tall and weighs 75 kg. Moreno is currently wearing the number 15 on his jersey.
Bartosz Bereszynski Biography, Age, Wife, Transfer, FIFA 22, Career, Net Worth & Wiki
Hector Moreno Wife Irene Martinez
Hector Moreno has achieved this largely because of the support of his wife, Irene Martinez, As one of the pillars of the Mexican National Team and one of the figures of Aztec soccer.
Who Is Irene Martinez?
She demonstrated her ability for business at a very early age, which has led to her success in numerous initiatives. Taking advantage of her great physical attractiveness, she started her career in the modeling industry, working primarily in nightclubs.
As a twenty-one-year-old, she moved to Ibiza to continue her modeling career, but once there, she decided it was time to start her own business: a tourism company based in Barcelona. Because of the destinations to which it offered trips, Mosquito Viajes quickly became one of the most recognizable agencies in its field.
In addition to being a model, Irene Martinez demonstrated that she could also succeed in the business world by traveling to destinations such as Tokyo, Paris, and New York.
When And How Did The Love Story Begin Between Irene Martinez And Hector Moreno?
A story like the one between the businesswoman and the soccer player is worth telling and reading because it teaches an important lesson: love, at first sight, can happen. Hector Moreno joined Espanyol Barcelona from AZ Alkmaar for the 2011-2012 season.
He met his future wife at his new club during the four seasons he spent there. Interestingly, they did not meet in Barcelona, but in Ibiza.
The story is told in a peculiar way by Irene Martinez:
‘We met through a friend of mine who organized a party in Ibiza through my company. I had a good time with him when he was one of the guests. We stayed in touch for two to three months after the party. It was not uncommon for him to visit Ibiza from time to time. Through my agency, he booked a table in a restaurant and invited me many times.”
Hector Moreno and Irene Martinez got married in 2016 in an intimate wedding attended by a few footballers after formalizing their relationship.
Javier “Chicharito” Hernandez attended the wedding and posted a photo of the ceremony on his social media with a message of affection.
The former club of Moreno, PSV Eindhoven, sent a congratulatory message after the wedding. The club sent a message to Hector Moreno and Irene Martinez congratulating them on their big “yes!” They wished them all the happiness in the world.
A project that is just starting: Morreno, Martinez, and their family life. From 2015 to 2017, after getting married, the couple lived together in Holland for six months before returning to Italy with Roma for a six-month stay, and they returned to La Liga in 2017 with Real Sociedad.
Furthermore. Despite the complication that this tournament may overlap with the World Cup qualifiers, the player is ready to play in the Club World Cup with Irene Martinez’s help.
Fortunately, the businesswoman and soccer player have been able to enjoy parenthood despite the challenges they faced.
Hector Moreno And Irene Martinez’s Daughters And Son
Despite the multiple commitments of both parents, Hector Moreno and Irene Martinez have managed to form a family and are by their daughters’ sides.
This is evident in social media. In particular, of the businesswoman who regularly uploads images and videos of herself with her husband and daughters.
Salma, Younger, and Mia, their eldest daughter, are currently enjoying their time together. They recently shared a photo on Instagram in which they revealed the birth of their third child a baby boy named Bruno on 18 December 2021.
With over 131 thousand followers, her account provides a glimpse into the family life of one of soccer’s most solid and happy couples.
Tomasz Kedziora Biography, Age, Wife, Parents, FIFA 22, Career, Net Worth & Wiki
Club Universidad Nacional
- Having won the FIFA U-17 World Championship with Mexico in 2005, Héctor Moreno made his way into Club Universidad Nacional’s first team at the age of 15.
- In the Clausura 2006 tournament, Moreno made his professional debut as an 88th-minute substitute for Gerardo Galindo in the 1–0 victory over Santos Laguna.
- On 12 February, he played his first full 90 minutes in a 2–0 victory over Veracruz and scored his first goal in a 1–3 loss to Cruz Azul the following week.
- In all, Moreno appeared six times during Clausura. His position as a regular starter would eventually be secured.
- Moreno played in his first, and only, league final with UNAM, losing to Atlante 2–1 on aggregate.
- In a US$4.5 million deal, Moreno was transferred to Dutch club AZ on 13 December 2007.
- On 1 March 2008, he made his Eredivisie debut against Roda JC, playing all 90 minutes.
- With AZ, Moreno won his first Eredivisie title in April 2009.
- On 22 April, it was reported Moreno had extended his contract with AZ until 2014.
- In the final, AZ defeated Heerenveen 5–1 to win the Johan Cruyff Shield on 25 July.
- On 16 September, Moreno made his UEFA Champions League debut, losing 0–1 to Olympiacos.
- In the 87th minute, Moreno scored a header from a corner-kick to give Alkmaar a 2–1 victory over Feyenoord.
- On 13 March 2010, he scored his third goal of the season in a 6–2 victory over RKC Waalwijk. Against Willem II on 18 April, he scored his fourth goal.
- On 22 June 2011, Moreno signed a five-year contract with Spanish La Liga club Espanyol for an undisclosed fee.
- He made his La Liga debut against Mallorca on 28 August.
- He scored his first goal against Levante on 26 September.
- As a result of a 1–2 loss to Valencia on 3 December, he scored his second league goal.
- In a 3–1 home win against Racing de Santander, Moreno scored his third goal of the season.
- As a result of playing 35 league matches (for a total of 3,295 minutes played) and scoring three goals with one assist, Moreno was named Espanyol’s Player of the Year on 4 October 2012.
- Prior to the start of the 2014–15 season, Moreno was told he would be out of action for up to six months after breaking his left tibia at the 2014 FIFA World Cup, which required surgery and rehabilitation.
- During the summer transfer window, it was rumored he was unable to sign for Manchester United due to the injury.
- In a friendly against Marseille on 14 November, Moreno made his return after four months, replacing Felipe Caicedo in the 68th minute.
- Espanyol beat Alavés 2–0 in the first leg of the Copa del Rey round of 32 on 2 December, with Moreno coming off the bench to replace Alvaro in the 73rd minute.
Josip Sutalo Biography, Age, Wife, Skills, Transfer, FIFA 22, Career, Net Worth & Wiki
Hector Moreno At PSV
- PSV Eindhoven announced the signing of Moreno on 15 August 2015.
- After returning to the Eredivisie, Moreno signed a four-year contract worth €5 million.
- In the 6–0 win over Cambuur on 12 September, Moreno started and played all 90 minutes.
- Three days later, Moreno broke Shaw’s leg during PSV’s UEFA Champions League opener against Manchester United.
- The tackle on Shaw was not sanctioned, and Moreno scored the equalizer for PSV as they defeated Manchester United 2–1. The UEFA Man of the Match award was later given to him.
- Moreno scored in PSV’s 2–0 win over Feyenoord on 17 January 2016. PSV defeated Twente 4–2 a week later with assists by fellow Mexico national team member Andrés Guardado as he scored his first double.
- PSV won the 2015–16 Eredivisie with a 3–1 victory over PEC Zwolle on 8 May thanks to Moreno playing all 90 minutes.
- Moreno was not present on the field or bench when PSV won 2016, Johan Cruyff Shield, on 31 July.
- Moreno played in 39 matches across all competitions the following season, scoring seven goals, a career-high, but PSV was unable to defend their league title.
Moreno signed a four-year contract with Roma on 13 June 2017. 73 minutes into Roma’s 3–0 win over Hellas Verona, he made his Serie A debut, replacing Kostas Manolas.
- Real Sociedad announced the transfer of Moreno from Roma for €6 million on 31 January 2018. He will sign with the club until 2021.
- Playing 76 minutes in the team’s Europa League draw with Red Bull Salzburg on 15 February, he made his competitive debut for La Real. Moreno suffered a grade 1 injury to his internal obturator during midweek training, which ruled him out for an undisclosed period of time.
- In a scoreless draw against Real Betis on 1 March, he made his La Liga debut for Real Sociedad.
- Against Deportivo Alavés three days later, he scored his first goal, giving his team the lead in the 6th minute.
Hector Moreno At Al-Gharafa
As the first Mexican international to play in Qatar Stars League, he transferred to Al-Gharafa in July 2019. On 22 August, he made his debut against Al-Shahania, winning 3–0.
He scored his first goal for the team in a 2–0 victory over Umm Salal SC on 9 November.
Hector Moreno Transfer To Monterrey
Moreno joined Monterrey as a free agent on 7 June 2021.
Andrej Kramaric Biography, Age, Wife, Salary, Transfer, FIFA 22, Career, Net Worth & Wiki
The 2005 FIFA U-17 World Cup in Peru was Moreno’s first international tournament. The tournament was won by Mexico, who defeated Brazil 3–0 in the final. During the 2006 Toulon Tournament, Moreno helped Mexico finish third in the group stage.
Moreno scored Mexico’s third goal in a 3–0 victory against the Gambia during Mexico’s first match at the 2007 FIFA U-20 World Cup. Despite winning their group, Mexico was eliminated by Argentina in the quarterfinals.
- The 24-year-old made his senior national team debut against Guatemala under Hugo Sánchez on 17 October 2007.
- During the 2010 FIFA World Cup, Javier Aguirre included Moreno among the 23-man squad.
- In Mexico’s 2–0 win over France in Group A on 17 June, he made his debut. Also, Moreno would start against Uruguay.
- As a member of the national team that won the 2011 CONCACAF Gold Cup, Moreno was called up by José Manuel de la Torre.
- The Mexican player played in all of Mexico’s matches, including the final against the United States, which Mexico won 4-2.
- As a rookie, Moreno scored Mexico’s winning goal in a 2014 World Cup qualifying match against El Salvador on 12 June 2012.
- He was called up to play in the 2013 FIFA Confederations Cup. Mexico finished third in the group stage after he played in every match.
FIFA 2014 World Cup And Later
- Moreno was named in the final 23-man squad for the 2014 World Cup by national team coach Miguel Herrera on 5 June 2014.
- After a collision with Dutch striker Arjen Robben inside his own penalty area on 29 June, Moreno fractured his tibia and suffered a fractured leg.
- A few minutes before halftime, Moreno has stretchered off the field and replaced by Diego Reyes. Moreno is expected to be sidelined for up to six months, according to reports.
- Moreno was substituted off at halftime of Mexico’s friendly match against Costa Rica on 27 June 2015.
- Successful surgery on Moreno’s right foot, which was the result of complications related to a procedure he underwent six years ago following an injury to his fifth metatarsal, resulted in the Mexican Football Federation announcing Moreno would be unable to compete at the CONCACAF Gold Cup 2015 tournament.
- His place in the squad was taken by Oswaldo Alanís. After Mexico won the tournament, Ricardo Ferretti called him up to play in the 2017 CONCACAF Cup against the United States to determine CONCACAF’s entry into the FIFA Confederations Cup. During overtime, Mexico defeated the United States 3–2.
- As part of Juan Carlos Osorio’s Copa América Centenario squad in May 2016, he was called up by the Colombian national team.
- He was selected for the 2017 FIFA Confederations Cup. After a 2–2 group-stage draw against Portugal, he would score the late equalizer. During the tournament, he appeared in all five matches.
Lukasz Skorupski Biography, Age, Wife, Parents, FIFA 22, Career, Net Worth & Wiki
FIFA 2018 World Cup And Later
- Initially named to Mexico’s preliminary 28-man World Cup squad in May 2018, Moreno was ultimately selected to the tournament’s final 23-man squad in June.
- As a result of accumulating two yellow cards during the group stage, he missed Brazil’s round-of-16 match 0–2.
- Moreno was called up by coach Gerardo Martino to participate in the CONCACAF Gold Cup on 6 June 2019.
- In a warm-up match against Ecuador three days later, he would suffer an injury after a clearance.
- He returned to action on 29 June in the quarter-final match against Costa Rica, coming on as an overtime substitute at the 106th minute and scoring in the penalty shoot-out.
- In the Gold Cup semi-finals on 2 July, Moreno played his 100th match for Mexico against Haiti, winning 1–0.
- Defeating the United States 1–0 in the final, the team won the tournament.
- Moreno was expected to wear the captain’s armband after Guardado had to withdraw due to injury, but he only appeared after the final group stage match due to being unfit.
- Carlos Salcedo replaced Moreno in the final against the United States after Moreno withdrew because of injury during the first half. The match ended in a 1–0 loss for Mexico.
Hector Moreno is 35 years old as of 2023.
Hector Moreno is 185 cm Or 6 ft 1 inch tall.
Hector Moreno’s preferred foot is left.
Hector Moreno is from Mexico.
After reading his biography, you will agree with me that Hector Moreno worked so hard to achieve success. Even poor kids from the slum can dream big and achieve their dreams thanks to him.
It is important to note that his father and mother were key catalysts in his success story. His career life would not be the same without their contributions. They deserve all the accolades for what they have done.
In addition, his sibling’s and friends’ efforts should not be overlooked. As a result of them, he never experienced loneliness or depression during his childhood. Hector Moreno has grown into a cheerful youth as a result of them.
Here Is An Appreciation Note For Your Consideration
Thank you for reading this engaging article about the life journey of the Mexican footballer. Hopefully, Hector Moreno’s childhood story has made you believe that patience and persistence can overcome anything.
At WoodGram, we strive for fairness and accuracy in our biographies. Feel free to contact us or leave a comment below if you found anything fishy in the article on Hector Moreno.