Grzegorz Krychowiak (born 29 January 1990) is a Polish professional football player, who plays as a defensive midfielder for Saudi Arabian club Al-Shabab, on loan from Krasnodar and the Poland national team. Having started his senior career with Bordeaux, he later went on to play for Reims before joining Sevilla for €3.5 million in 2014, and during both seasons of his tenure at the club, he won the UEFA Europa League in both seasons.
Krychowiak has earned over 90 caps for Poland since he made his international debut in 2008. Since then, he has represented his country at UEFA Euro 2016, the 2018 FIFA World Cup, and Euro 2020. Krychowiak married his long-term girlfriend, Celia Jaunat, in December of this year, after first meeting her in 2010 and beginning to date her two years later. They met in 2010 and began dating in 2012.
Grzegorz Krychowiak Bio/Wiki
The table below reveals concise information about Grzegorz Krychowiak. It gives you the ability to read through the Polish footballer profile as fast as possible.
|Birth Name||Grzegorz Krychowiak|
|Nick Name/Popular Name||• Krykha|
• The Polish Terminator
|Age||33 (as in 2023) Years|
|Sun Sign/Zodiac Sign||Aquarius|
|Born Place||Gryfice, Poland|
|Date of Birth||29 January 1990|
|Home Town||Gryfice, Poland|
|Hobbies||Watching Movies, Horse Riding, Swimming|
|Mother's Name||Grażyna Krychowiak|
|Father's Name||Edward Krychowiak|
|Brother(s)||• Tomasz Krychowiak|
• Krzysztof Krychowiak
Marital Status, Wife and Children
|School||Claude Bernard University Lyon 1|
|College/University||Claude Bernard University Lyon 1|
|Career Manager/ Player Agent||ICM Stellar Sports|
|Debut Club||• 2022: Al-Shabab Club (Riyadh)(on loan from FK Krasnodar)|
|Debut International||• 2008: Poland national football team|
|Jersey Number||• 23 (Al-Shabab Club (Riyadh))|
• 10 (Poland national football team)
|Current Team(s)||• Al-Shabab Club (Riyadh)|
• Poland national football team
|Position||Midfield - Defensive - Midfielder|
Height, Weight, and Figure Measurements
|Height (Approx.)||in centimeters- 186 cm|
in meters- 1.86 m
in feet inches- 6'1”
|Weight (Approx.)||in kilograms- 78 kg|
in pounds- 172 lbs
|Chest Size||41 inches|
|Biceps Size||11 inches|
|Waist Size||32 inches|
Extra Ordinary Features
|Race / Ethnicity||Polish|
|Hair Color||Dark brown|
|Eye Color||Dark brown|
|Distinctive Features||Not Available|
|Dress Size||8 U.S.|
|Shoe Size||9 U.S.|
|Favorite Playing Position||Midfielder|
|Favorite Car||Not Available|
|Favorite Food||Fruits and Veg|
|Favorite Player||Not Available|
|Favorite Pet Animal||Dog|
|Favorite Cell Phone/Brand||Iphone|
Grzegorz Krychowiak Net Worth
In 2023, what will Grzegorz Krychowiak’s salary be?
In Jul 2022 Grzegorz Krychowiak signed a loan contract with Al-Shabab Club (Riyadh) from FK Krasnodar that ends in Jun 2023 netted him a whopping salary of £1,827,800 per year. We have crunched the numbers, this means he earns £5,005 per day and £209 per hour!
Salary & Net Worth Updated 2023
|Estimated Net Worth in 2023 (Approx)||$11.5 Million|
|Estimated Net Worth in 2022 (Approx)||$10 Million|
|Estimated Net Worth in 2021 (Approx)||$8.5 Million|
|Annual or Per Year Salary||£1,827,800|
|Per Month Salary||£152,316|
|Per Week Salary||£35,150|
|Per Day Salary||£5,005|
|Per Hour Salary||£209|
|Per Minute Salary||£3.4|
|Current Contract||With Al-Shabab Club (Riyadh)(on loan from FK Krasnodar)|
|Loan Contract Signed/Extension||Jul 9, 2022|
|Contract Expires||Jun 30, 2023 (on loan from FK Krasnodar)|
|Contract Signing Amount or Transfer Fee||$4.40 Million|
|Market Value||$8.80 Million|
|Highest Market Value||$33.00 Million (Jun 1, 2016)|
|Income Source||Professional Footballer|
|Cars Collection||Not Available|
His stock is on the rise thanks to his performances on the pitch. As of 2023, he has an estimated net worth of around $11.5 Million and his market value is about $8.80 million.
Nikola Moro Biography, Family, Age, Career, FIFA 22, Net Worth & Wiki
Grzegorz Krychowiak FIFA 22 Stats – Potential And Rating
Grzegorz Krychowiak is currently 33 years old and plays as a Defensive Midfielder for Al-Shabab Club (Riyadh) loaned from FK Krasnodar. Currently, he has an overall rating of 80 in FIFA 22 with a potential rating of 80. Currently, Krychowiak has a skillmoves rating of three stars based on his performance.
Grzegorz Krychowiak FIFA 22 Stats
Overall Rating In FIFA 22
Potential In FIFA 22
|75||Heading Accuracy||62||FK Accuracy|
|78||Short Passing||81||Long Passing|
|75||Defensive Awareness||72||Sliding Tackle|
He prefers to shoot with his right foot when he is shooting. The work rate of his team is High / High. According to our database, Krychowiak’s height is 186 cm, and his weight is estimated at 78 kg based on the information we have on him. At the moment, Grzegorz Krychowiak is playing with the numbers 23 and 10 in his team.
- Despite not being a big football fan, Krychowiak joined a sports academy at the age of 12 on his brother’s insistence.
- His next clubs were Orzeł Mrzeżyno, Żaki 94 Kołobrzeg, Stal Szczecin, and Arka Gdynia.
- Krychowiak joined Bordeaux in 2006 after his performance at the France U16 and Poland U16 in Strasbourg attracted Philippe Goubet’s interest.
- After progressing through the club’s youth system, he signed his first professional contract.
Stade Reims (loan)
- A loan move to Stade de Reims until the end of the season was announced on 26 November 2009, after Krychowiak rejected joining Arka Gdynia.
- On 27 November 2009, he made his club debut, starting the entire game in a 3–0 win over Beauvais Oise.
- As a regular in the starting eleven, Krychowiak helped the club win promotion to Ligue 2.
- During the 2009–10 season, he made 19 appearances and scored twice.
- Krychowiak’s loan has been extended by Reims and Bordeaux.
- The forward scored his first goal of the season in a 2–2 draw against Le Mans after scoring in the penalty shootout in the first round of the Coupe de la Ligue.
- On 5 November 2010, he was sent off for a second bookable offense against Angers. Later in the 2010–11 season, Krychowiak was suspended twice.
- As the club finished 10th in its return to Ligue 2, Krychowiak was voted the team’s player of the season by fans.
- On rare occasions, Krychowiak has played in central defense as well as defensive midfield.
- Krychowiak made 40 appearances and scored twice in all competitions in 2010–11.
FC Nantes (loan)
- In the first half of the 2011–12 season, Krychowiak made only two appearances for Bordeaux.
- He joined Nantes on loan until the end of the season on 17 November 2011.
- In a 3–0 win against AS Monaco on 25 November 2011, Krychowiak made his club debut.
- During his time at Nantes, he played in the defensive midfield position as a regular. The center-back position was played by Krychowiak once.
- Despite being suspended three times later in the 2011–12 season, he made 21 appearances.
Grzegorz Krychowiak At Stade Reims
- Krychowiak signed a three-year contract with newly promoted Stade de Reims in June 2012. A €800,000 deal was reported.
- In the opening game of the season, Krychowiak made his third debut as a starter.
- After joining Stade Reims on a permanent basis, he quickly established himself in the starting eleven.
- In a 2–0 win against AS Nancy on 20 September 2012, he set up one of the club’s two goals, drawing a comparison to Zlatan Ibrahimovi.
- Krychowiak scored his first goal for Reims against Toulouse on 26 January 2013.
- Against Paris Saint-Germain, Lyon, and Lorient, he scored three more winning goals.
- Krychowiak made 36 appearances and scored four times in all competitions despite missing three matches.
- Krychowiak had been linked with a move away from Stade de Reims ahead of the 2013–14 season, but stayed at the club.
- The 2013–14 season began with him scoring his first goal, in a 2–1 loss to Stade Rennais.
- In the 2013–14 season, Krychowiak established himself as a defensive midfielder in the first team.
- In a 0–0 draw against FC Nantes on 31 August 2013, he came on as a 56th-minute substitute.
- On 26 October 2013, he set up the winning goal for the club against Marseille.
- He then scored his second goal of the season, in a 4–2 win over Bastia.
- Later in the season, he scored two more goals. Krychowiak made 36 appearances and scored four goals despite being sidelined at least five times throughout the season.
- He was linked with a move away from Stade Reims throughout the 2013–14 season. After the 2013–14 season, he will leave the club, according to L’Union.
- During the summer of 2014, Krychowiak joined La Liga side Sevilla for €4.5 million.
- At the Cardiff City Stadium on 12 August 2014, he played the full 90 minutes in a 2–0 loss to Real Madrid in the UEFA Super Cup.
- On 23 August 2014, Krychowiak made his La Liga debut for the club in a 1–1 draw against Valencia.
- He quickly established himself in Sevilla’s starting eleven, playing in midfield.
- Marca named him the club’s best signing this season for his performance.
- Krychowiak scored his first goal for the club in a 2–0 win against Feyenoord in the UEFA Europa League group stage.
- It was the fifth Polish player to win the UEFA Europa League when he scored the equalizing goal for Sevilla in the 28th minute of the 3–2 victory over Dnipro on 27 May 2015.
- Only he was named to the La Liga Team of the Season. In 48 appearances, Krychowiak scored four goals.
2015 UEFA Super Cup
- During the last game of the season, Krychowiak prepares to tackle Nordin Amrabat of Málaga
- In the 2015 UEFA Super Cup loss to Barcelona, he suffered a broken rib but still played 120 minutes despite the injury.
- After starting the season as a center-back, he moved to defensive midfield.
- A new contract was negotiated with Krychowiak as a result. Unai Emery praised his performance, calling it “his sacrifice and dedication to the team”.
- Krychowiak signed an extension with Sevilla on 5 November 2015, keeping him at the club until 2019.
- In the following months, he captained the club in a number of matches.
- His first goal of the season came in a 2–0 win against rivals Real Betis in the first leg of the Copa del Rey last 16.
- On 9 January 2016, he suffered a knee injury that kept him out for two months.
- Krychowiak returned to the starting line-up against Real Madrid on 20 March 2016.
- In the UEFA Europa League quarterfinals and semifinals against Athletic Bilbao and Shakhtar Donetsk, he contributed two assists to send Sevilla to the final for the third time.
- For the third straight year, he started the UEFA Europa League Final against Liverpool and played the entire game as they won 3–1.
Jason Denayer Biography, Age, Parents, Wife, Career, Net Worth & Wiki
Grzegorz Krychowiak At Paris Saint-Germain (PSG)
- Krychowiak signed a five-year deal with Paris Saint-Germain on 3 July 2016 for an undisclosed fee.
- On 9 September 2016, he made his debut for the club, coming on as a second-half substitute in a 1–1 draw against Saint-Étienne.
- On 13 September 2016, he started his first game for Paris Saint-Germain as they drew 1–1 with Arsenal.
- In the first half of the season, Krychowiak started only six matches and spent most of the season on the bench.
- Due to continuous competition within the midfield position and Krychowiak’s own injury concerns, Krychowiak’s first-team opportunities at the club became further limited during the second half of the season.
- In the second half of the season, Krychowiak appeared three times for Paris Saint-Germain, including a historic 6–1 defeat to Barcelona.
- He made 19 appearances across all competitions by the end of the 2016–17 season.
- Le Figaro named Krychowiak ‘Flop of the Season’ after this. Despite this, he has been linked with a move away from Paris Saint-Germain. Krychowiak responded by wanting to remain at the club.
West Bromwich Albion (loan)
- Krychowiak joined Premier League club West Bromwich Albion on a season-long loan on 30 August 2017.
- Krychowiak told the press on 14 October that he felt deceived by Paris Saint-Germain manager Unai Emery.
- On 9 September 2017, Krychowiak made his debut against Brighton & Hove Albion.
- On 30 September 2017, he set up West Bromwich Albion’s first goal in a 2–2 draw with Watford.
- Krychowiak became a first-team regular for the club after joining.
- Jake Livermore and Sam Field were preferred ahead of him by November.
- Krychowiak’s future at the club was reported, but Alan Pardew wanted to keep him.
- He alternated between the substitute bench and the starting eleven throughout the season.
- Krychowiak refused to shake Pardew’s hand after being substituted in the 59th minute during a 4–1 loss to Leicester City on 10 March 2018.
- As a result of his actions, Krychowiak was fined by Pardew after the match.
- He was dropped to the substitute bench until Pardew was fired.
- As the club was relegated to the Championship following the appointment of Darren Moore, Krychowiak played the remaining matches of the season.
- In all competitions, Krychowiak made 31 appearances in 2017–18. Afterward, he returned to Paris Saint-Germain.
Lokomotiv Moscow (loan)
- Lokomotiv Moscow announced the signing of Krychowiak on 24 July 2018 on a season-long loan with an option to buy for €10 million.
- On 4 August 2018, he made his club debut in a 0–0 draw with Spartak Moscow.
- On 19 August 2018, Krychowiak scored his first Lokomotiv Moscow goal in a 1–0 win over Krylia Sovetov Samara.
- In the following three games, he set up three assists and was sent off for a second bookable offense against Dynamo Moscow.
- During August and November, Krychowiak was named the club’s Player of the Month.
- In the round of 16 of the Russian Cup, he captained Lokomotiv Moscow for the first time in his career but received a straight red card in the 71st minute as the club won 4–1.
- Playing in various midfield positions and rotating in the center-back position since joining Lokomotiv Moscow, Krychowiak established himself in the first team.
- Krychowiak scored his second goal of the season in a 4–0 win over Rubin Kazan on 10 May 2019.
- Against Ural Yekaterinburg in the Russian Cup Final, he started at center-back and helped the club win 1–0.
- The season was successful for Krychowiak, as Lokomotiv Moscow finished second in the league and won the Russian Cup.
- He made 39 appearances and scored twice in all competitions during the 2018–19 season.
Aleksei Miranchuk Biography, Age, Wife, Brothers, FIFA 22, Career, Net Worth & Wiki
Grzegorz Krychowiak Signed With Lokomotiv Moscow
- Krychowiak signed a permanent contract with Lokomotiv on 3 July 2019. Later, it was reported to have cost €10 million.
- In Lokomotiv Moscow’s 3–2 victory over Zenit Saint Petersburg in the Russian Super Cup, he set up the second goal of the game he set up after signing on a permanent basis.
- In the first three months of the season, Krychowiak was named the club’s Player of the Month.
- The 28th of October saw Krychowiak return to the first team after missing two games with suspension and injury.
- The following week, Krychowiak suffered an injury that forced him to be substituted at halftime against FC Krasnodar.
- He suffered a concussion during the match but quickly recovered.
- In a follow-up match against Tambov, he scored twice.
- Krychowiak was named Lokomotiv Moscow’s November Player of the Month.
- The season was suspended because of the COVID-19 pandemic in Russia after that.
- He scored his 10th goal of the season in the league’s last match before the suspension.
- Krychowiak was named March’s Player of the Month.
- Once the season resumed behind closed doors, he helped Lokomotiv Moscow qualify for the UEFA Champions League next season by making six further appearances.
- Lokomotiv Moscow lost 2–1 to Zenit Saint Petersburg in the Russian Super Cup at the beginning of the 2020–21 season.
- Following that, he started five matches before suffering a muscle injury.
- In a 1–0 win against FC Ufa on 17 October 2020, he scored his second goal of the season.
Grzegorz Krychowiak At Krasnodar
- On 1 August 2021, Lokomotiv and FC Krasnodar announced that Krychowiak has been transferred to Krasnodar, and the move will become official after he passes a medical examination and signs a personal contract.
- Krasnodar announced on 2 August that he had signed a three-year contract.
- As of 7 March 2022, foreign players in Russia can unilaterally suspend their contracts with their clubs until 30 June 2022 and sign with a club outside of Russia until 30 June 2022. The transfer window is opened until 7 April 2022 to sign and register for a new club.
- FC Krasnodar announced on 15 March 2022 that Krychowiak suspended his contract until 30 June 2022 under the new regulations.
AEK Athens (loan)
Krychowiak signed with AEK Athens until 2021–22 on 15 March 2022.
Krychowiak joined Al-Shabab in Saudi Arabia on 8 July 2022.
- At the 2007 FIFA U-20 World Cup, Krychowiak scored a free kick against Brazil, the only goal of the game.
- In the Polish U20 squad, he was the youngest outfielder.
- In the round of 16 of the tournament, he was eliminated by Argentina U20.
- For the U20 team, Krychowiak made seven appearances and scored once.
- For the first time, Krychowiak was called up to the Poland U21 team in May 2009.
- In a 2–1 loss against Sweden U21 on 5 June 2009, he played the entire game in the center-back position.
- For the first time in two years, Krychowiak was called up to the U21 team.
- On 2 September 2011, he made his first appearance in a 3–0 victory over Albania U21. He then captained the U21 side in a 2–0 loss to Russia U21.
- In a 4–3 win over Albania U21 on 11 October 2011, he scored his first Poland U21 goal.
- On 1 June 2012, Krychowiak scored twice for the U21 side in a 4–2 victory over Moldova U21. During his time with Poland U21, he made 11 appearances and scored three goals.
- Krychowiak was called up to the senior squad for the first time in December 2008.
- On 14 December 2008, he played against Serbia in a friendly.
- Due to the fact that the match wasn’t on an official FIFA date, the teams were mostly made up of domestic league players and a few reserve players; nonetheless, it was an official match.
- A last-minute substitute in Poland’s 1–0 victory over Norway on 6 February 2011, Krychowiak made his first appearance in almost three years in February 2011, almost two years after being called up to the national team in August 2009.
- The national team called Krychowiak up in August 2012 after a year in absence.
- On 11 September 2012, he came on as a substitute in a 2–0 win against Moldova.
- In October 2012, he made his first start for Poland against South Africa.
- As Poland failed to qualify for the FIFA World Cup, he played several matches.
Thomas Foket Biography, Age, Height, Wife, Career, Net Worth & Wiki
UEFA Euro 2016
- To qualify for UEFA Euro 2016, Krychowiak played defensive midfield for the national team.
- On 14 November 2014, he scored his first international goal against Georgia in a 4–0 UEFA Euro 2016 qualifying win.
- As a result of his second goal in Poland’s final qualifying match against Ireland, Poland qualified for Euro 2016.
- As a member of the 23-man preliminary squad ahead of the UEFA Euro 2016, Krychowiak was called by the national team in May 2016.
- Because of this Poland’s first victory at a European Championship, he was voted man of the match against Northern Ireland.
- In the next two matches, Krychowiak earned four points to help Poland qualify for the knockout round.
- In the round of 16, he started the whole game and scored the final penalty in a 5–4 penalty shootout victory over Switzerland.
- He played every minute of Poland’s historic Euro 2016 campaign, which ended in a penalty shootout loss to Portugal in the quarterfinals.
- EFE named him Team of the Tournament as a result.
Grzegorz Krychowiak In FIFA World Cup 2018
- Following the UEFA Euro 2016 tournament, Krychowiak helped Poland earn ten points in the FIFA World Cup qualification – UEFA Group E.
- In a 1–1 draw with Slovenia, he captained Poland for the first time, playing 45 minutes before being replaced.
- Later, he helped the national team qualify for the 2018 FIFA World Cup.
- In May 2018, he was named to Poland’s preliminary 35-man squad for the FIFA World Cup in Russia and later made the 23-man team.
- Krychowiak caused Senegal’s goal in the 2018 World Cup match against Senegal.
- Although he scored a goal himself after that error, Poland still lost 2–1 and was eliminated.
UEFA Euro 2020
Krychowiak played three of Poland’s four matches in the UEFA Nations League following the World Cup, finishing third in Group 3. Then he started all the UEFA Euro 2020 qualifying matches to help Poland qualify.
Facts About Grzegorz Krychowiak
- With his brother, Krychowiak runs a boutique business.
- He invested over €1 million in a Polish construction startup called SYSTEM 3E in May 2020. He said in an interview that he does not go to parties or drink alcohol.
- Krychowiak also speaks French, Spanish, and English. As a result of his fluency in Spanish, he settled well in Sevilla.
- He began learning Russian after moving to Moscow. In addition to learning Italian, Krychowiak hopes to play for an Italian club someday.
- “The Polish Terminator” was Krychowiak’s nickname during his third spell at Stade de Reims.
- His teammates called him “Krykha” when he played for Lokomotiv Moscow because they had difficulty pronouncing his name.
- Krychowiak and Szczesny have become good friends since 2004 when they were both students at the University of Michigan.
- At Claude Bernard University Lyon 1, he studied for two years.
How old is Grzegorz Krychowiak?
Grzegorz Krychowiak is 33 years old as of 2023.
How tall is Grzegorz Krychowiak?
Grzegorz Krychowiak is 186 cm tall. Or 6 ft 1 in.
Which is Grzegorz Krychowiak’s preferred foot?
Grzegorz Krychowiak’s preferred foot is right.
Where is Grzegorz Krychowiak from?
Grzegorz Krychowiak is from Poland.
After reading his biography, you will agree with me that Grzegorz Krychowiak worked so hard to achieve success. Even poor kids from the slum can dream big and achieve their dreams thanks to him.
It is important to note that his father and mother were key catalysts in his success story. His career life would not be the same without their contributions. They deserve all the accolades for what they have done.
In addition, his sibling’s and friends’ efforts should not be overlooked. As a result of them, he never experienced loneliness or depression during his childhood. Grzegorz Krychowiak has grown into a cheerful youth as a result of them.
Here Is An Appreciation Note For Your Consideration
Thank you for reading this engaging article about the life journey of the Polish footballer. Hopefully, Grzegorz Krychowiak’s childhood story has made you believe that patience and persistence can overcome anything.
At WoodGram, we strive for fairness and accuracy in our biographies. Feel free to contact us or leave a comment below if you found anything fishy in the article on Grzegorz Krychowiak.