Thomas Foket is a Belgian professional footballer who plays as a right-back for Ligue 1 club Stade de Reims and for Belgium national team as well. Thomas Foket played in a large number of the team’s Ligue 1 matches in 2021/2022, totaling 24 appearances and 1,803 minutes. In 23 of these appearances across 33 fixtures, he has been selected in the starting XI, while he has been a substitute on three occasions. Foket last played in a league match on April 20, when he played 24 minutes for Reims versus Lille in a 2-1 victory. The defender has scored one goal in Ligue 1 this season. Five yellow cards have been shown to him.
On September 26, he scored during a 3-1 victory over Nantes to open his account for the season. The next match for Reims, who are in 12th place with 40 points, will be at home against Olympique Marseille on April 24. In last season’s Ligue 1, Foket created three assists in 37 games for Reims. At Gent, Foket scored two goals and provided 10 assists during 147 league appearances prior to joining Reims in August 2018. As a 23-year-old and 356-day-old, Foket made his Ligue 1 debut on September 16, 2018, against Nantes. During his Ligue 1 career, he has played 120 games with one goal and four assists.
Thomas Foket Bio/Wiki[table id=3181 /]
Thomas Foket was born on September 25, 1994, in Brussels, Belgium. There is no information about his parents or siblings. As a child, he was passionate about football.
Foket is a private person when it comes to his personal life. There is no evidence that he is in a relationship or has a partner. He seems more focused on his career and enjoying life and football.
From a very young age, he was extremely passionate about sports, especially football. He joined Dilbeek Sports’ youth academy at the age of 16 to begin his football career. The impressive skills he exhibited in the field attracted other renowned clubs such as RSC Anderlecht, AA Gent, and Club Brugge. He chose K.A.A Gent to begin his professional career.
David James wrote the best-known biography of Thomas Foket. Thomas Foket’s playing days are covered in this book, including his time with the Belgian national team and in MLS with the Seattle Sounders, as well as a stint with Standard Liege.
Also covered in the book is his time playing for Vegardjaer Sporting Lisbon’s reserve team in Japan. In addition to covering all of Thomas Foket’s professional achievements, the biographies also contain information about his family. David James provides many memorable quotes from Fokets throughout the book, and the writing is well-done.
After a successful playing career in Belgium, Thomas Foket became an American citizen in 2021. American football fans as well as those simply interested in an interesting story about a famous person will enjoy Thomas Foket trivia.
By writing a Thomas Foket biography, readers will be able to learn more about Foket, and it may even bring some additional Foket fans to America. A Thomas Foket biography is a must-have for those who enjoy football and appreciate an interesting story about a famous person. It will be a fun read for fans of Belgian footballer Thomas Foket and may lead to new interests and passions.
Thomas Foket Net Worth
How much does Thomas Foket earn in 2023?
Thomas Foket signed a contract with Stade Reims in 2018 that carries a salary of £468,000 per year. In our calculations, he earns £9,000 per week and £53.5 per hour![table id=3182 /]
After spending his youth career with Gent, he made his senior debut in 2012.
Gent extended Foket’s contract until 2016 in July 2012. His contract was extended to 2018 in October 2014. Foket signed a two-year contract with Gent in March 2012.
Thomas Foket has a net worth of roughly £25 million since he was one of the highest-paid players at Stade Reims for several seasons. Thomas Foket’s market value is slightly declining. Nevertheless, his current market value is $5.50 million.
- Foket was a member of the first team of Dilbeek Sport at the age of 16. After the 2011–12 season, he was contacted by different Belgian Pro League teams, including AA Gent, Club Brugge, and R.S.C. Anderlecht.
- The best way for him to combine finishing his studies and football training was to play in Gent.
- Foket signed a two-year contract with Gent in March 2012.
- In the second qualifying round of the Europa League, against FC Differdange 03, he made his debut for Gent replacing Mohamed Messoudi in the 79th minute.
- Foket’s contract with Gent was extended to 2016 in July. Foket’s contract with Gent was extended to 2018 in October.
- Foket became a right midfielder after returning from a loan at Oostende.
- During the 2013–14 season, Foket was on loan at KV Ostende, a team that had just been promoted to the Pro League
- Foket signed a five-year contract with Ligue 1 side Stade de Reims in August 2018. According to reports, he paid €3.5 million for the transfer.
- Foket received his first call-up to the senior Belgian squad for matches against the Netherlands and Estonia in November 2016.
- Foket made his official debut for Belgium on 10 November 2016 as a half-time substitute in a friendly against the Netherlands that finished 1-1.
Facts About Thomas Foket
- In 2010, Foket joined the youth system of Dilbeek Sport, a team in the fourth division.
- As a member of the Belgium U18 team, he made his debut on 21 February 2012 and scored one goal in two games.
- On 6 August 2012, he made his Belgium U19 debut. With the U19 team, he scored twice.
- He chose K.A.A. Gent over first division clubs RSC Anderlecht and Club Brugge KV.
- Gent allowed him to continue his soccer training without compromising his studies. Gent made his Europa League debut against FC Diffferdange 03 in the second qualifying round.
- Gent extended his contract till 2016 after he improvised and adapted well at the higher level.
- Belgium won 0-6 against Cyprus in the UEFA Euro U21 Championship qualification match on 5 September 2014.
- Foket made 11 appearances for the Belgium U21 team before being called up to the senior team. In a 1-1 draw with the Netherlands, he made his international debut for Belgium in November 2016.
- Against Russia on 28 March 2017, he appeared for the team again, which ended in a 3-3 tie.
- With the extension of his contract, Foket grew into an effective player as he impressed everyone with his midfield performances.
- While on loan to KV Oostende in the 2013-14 season, he made 29 appearances while assisting three times in the Jupiler Pro League.
- In the following season, he returned to Gent after Gent won the Belgian championship. He has appeared in 170 games for Gent, scoring 3 goals and providing 13 assists.
Stade de Reims
Belgium national football team
Thomas Foket’s contract expires on June 30, 2023.
Thomas Foket is 29 years old.