Genelia D’Souza was born 5 August 1987 is an Indian actress and model. She has appeared in South Indian cinema and Bollywood films. After being noticed in a Parker Pen advertisement with Amitabh Bachchan, Genelia began her acting career with box office success Tujhe Meri Kasam in 2003. She was recognized for her role in Boys the same year and became then established at Telugu Cinema. Acting in several Telugu films during the period 2003-2012.
Genelia received her first Filmfare Award in 2006 for her performance in the award-winning Telugu romantic film Bommarillu. In 2008, she gave critically acclaimed performances in Santosh Subramaniam, a Tamil remake of Bommarillu, and Bollywood film Jaane Tu Ya Jaane Na.
- Rashami Desai Profile, Bio, Height, Affair, Family, Wiki, Net Worth
- Abhirami Iyer Bio, Age, Career, Family, Net Worth & Wiki
Having performed in several blockbuster films in Telugu and Tamil, Genelia has established herself as one of the leading actresses in the South Indian film industry. In addition to the lead role, Genelia hosted the Big Switch TV show and is the brand ambassador for Fanta, Virgin Mobile in India, Fastrack, LG Mobiles, Garnier Light, Margo and Perk in India.
Born in Mumbai Genelia is an Eastern Indian, a Marathi speaking Christian from North Konkan. She was raised in the Bandra suburb of Mumbai. His mother, Jeanette D’Souza, was the managing director of the multinational company Pharma. She quit her job in 2004 to help Genelia in her career. His father, Neil D’Souza, is a senior official of Tata Consultancy Services (TCS).
She also has a younger brother, Nigel D’Souza, who works on the Bombay Stock Exchange. According to Genelia, her name means “rare” or “unique”, and is a coat rack of Jeanette and Neil, the names of her mother and father. She is also often informally called Geenu, her nickname. Genelia studied at Carmel Apostolic High School in Bandra and later joined St. Andrew’s College in Bandra to pursue her Bachelor’s degree in Management Studies. She finished shooting for her first film, Tujhe Meri Kasam in 2003 and initially thought a job from MNC would suit her. She enjoyed sports and college education and was a national-level athlete, sprinter, and national-level football player.
Genelia D’Souza Wiki/Bio
|Birth Name||Genelia D’Souza|
|Nick Name||Geenu, Cheenu, Teenage Superstar of Bollywood|
|Age||(as in 2020) 33 Years|
|Sun Sign/Zodiac Sign||Not Known|
|Birth Place||Mumbai, Maharastra, India|
|Date of Birth||5 August 1987|
|Residence||Mumbai, Maharastra, India House Address 602, Pura Building, Pochkhanwala Road, Worli, Mumbai|
|Home Town||Mumbai, Maharastra, India|
|Hobbies||Internet Searching, Watching Films, Listening Songs|
|Mother's Name||Jeanette D’Souza (Formar MD of the Pharma Multinational Corp.)|
|Father's Name||Neil D’Souza (Senior official with TATA Consultancy Services)|
Marital Status, Husband and Children
|Marriage Date||Not Known|
|School||Apostolic Carmel High School, Bandra|
|Educational Qualification||Bachelor in Management Studies|
|Profession||Model (Hindi, Telugu, Tamil, Malayalam, Kannada, Matati)|
|Brands Endorsed||Not Known|
|Career Manager||Not Known|
Height, Weight, and Figure Measurements
|Height (Approx.)||in Centimeters 168cm|
in Meters 1.68 m
in Feet Inches 5′ 6”
Extra Ordinary Features
|Race / Ethnicity||Not Known|
|S*xual Orientation||Not Known|
|Dress Size||Not Known|
|Shoe Size||Not Known|
|Favourite Actress||Aishwarya Rai and Sandra Bullock|
|Favourite Actors||Amitabh Bachchan, Om Puri, Shah Rukh Khan|
|Favourite Colors||Black, Red, White|
|Favourite Food||North Indian Food|
|Favorite Movie||Devdas, Dark Knight, Titanic|
|Favorite Perfume||XX, Diamond|
|Favorite Destination||Italy, London|
Genelia D’Souza Net Worth
Genelia D’Souza’s net worth is reported to be 6 million dollars. Genelia D’Souza income reportedly also grew with her brand endorsements. She is also the co-owner of Mumbai Film Compay, along with her husband Riteish.
|Estimated Net Worth in 2022 (Approx)||$6 million|
|Estimated Net Worth in 2021 (Approx)||Under Review|
|Annual Salary||Under Review|
|Income Source||Model (Hindi, Telugu, Tamil, Malayalam, Kannada, Matati)|
- Shilpa Shinde Profile, Bio, Height, Affair, Family, Wiki, Net Worth
- Monica Bedi Bio, Age, Hot, Affairs, Movies & Wiki
|2003||Tujhe Meri Kasam Anjali (Anju) Hindi Nominated—Star Screen Award for Most Promising Newcomer – Female|
Boys Harini Tamil credited as Harini
Satyam Ankitha Telugu CineMAA Award for Best Female Debut
|2004||Masti Bindhiya Hindi|
Samba Sandhya Telugu
Sye Indu Telugu
|2005||Naa Alludu Gagana Telugu|
Sachein Shalini Tamil
Subhash Chandra Bose Anitha Telugu
|2006||Happy Madhumathi Telugu|
Raam Lakshmi Telugu
Bommarillu Hasini Rao Telugu Nandi Special Jury Award
Filmfare Award for Best Actress - Telugu
Santosham Award for Best Actress
Chennai Kadhal Narmadha Tamil
|2007||Dhee Puja Telugu Nominated—Filmfare Award for Best Actress - Telugu|
|2008||Mr. Medhavi Swetha Telugu|
Satya in Love Veda Kannada
Santosh Subramaniam Hasini Govindan Tamil Nominated—Filmfare Award for Best Actress - Tamil
Nominated—Vijay Award for Best Actress
Nominated—Vijay Award for Favourite Heroine
Mere Baap Pehle Aap Shikha Kapur Hindi
Ready Puja Telugu
Jaane Tu Ya Jaane Na Aditi "Meow" Mahant Hindi Nominated—Star Screen Award for Best Actress
Nominated—Stardust Superstar of Tomorrow – Female
Nominated—Apsara Award for Best Actress in a Leading Role
King Herself Telugu Cameo appearance
|2009||Sasirekha Parinayam Sasirekha Telugu|
Life Partner Sanjana Jugran Hindi
Katha Chitra Singh Telugu Nandi Special Jury Award
|2010||Chance Pe Dance Tina Sharma Hindi|
Uthamaputhiran Pooja Tamil
Orange Jaanu Telugu
|2011||Urumi Arakkal Ayesha Malayalam Asiavision Film Award for Best Actress|
Force Maya Hindi
Velayudham Bharathi Tamil
|2012||Tere Naal Love Ho Gaya Mini Hindi|
Naa Ishtam Krishnaveni Telugu
|2014||Jai Ho Suman Hindi Cameo appearance|
Lai Bhaari Herself Marathi Cameo appearance
|2016||Force 2 Maya Hindi Cameo appearance|
Genelia D’souza Hot
Awards and nominations
|2003||Tujhe Meri Kasam Filmfare Award Best Female Debut |
Tujhe Meri Kasam Zee Cine Award Best Female Debut
Tujhe Meri Kasam Star Screen Award Star Screen Award for Most Promising Newcomer – Female
|2003||Satyam CineMAA Awards CineMAA Award for Best Female Debut||Won|
|2005||Masti Stardust Awards Best Breakthrough Performance – Female ||Nominated|
|2006||Bommarillu Filmfare Award Filmfare Award for Best Actress - Telugu |
Bommarillu Santosham Awards Santosham Award for Best Actress
Bommarillu Nandi Awards Nandi Special Jury Award
|2007||Dhee Filmfare Award Filmfare Award for Best Actress - Telugu ||Nominated|
|2008||Santosh Subramaniam Filmfare Award —Filmfare Award for Best Actress - Tamil|
Santosh Subramaniam Vijay Award Vijay Award for Best Actress
Santosh Subramaniam Vijay Award Vijay Award for Favourite Heroine
Jaane Tu Ya Jaane Na Star Screen Award Star Screen Award for Best Actress
Jaane Tu Ya Jaane Na Stardust Awards Stardust Superstar of Tomorrow – Female
Jaane Tu Ya Jaane Na Apsara Award Apsara Award for Best Actress in a Leading Role
|2009||Katha Nandi Awards Nandi Special Jury Award ||Won|
|2011||Urumi Asiavision Film Award Asiavision Film Award for Best Actress ||Won|
|2012||Tere Naal Love Ho Gaya BIG Star Entertainment Awards Big Star Award Most Entertaining Actor in a Comedy — Female||Nominated|
|2015||Lai Bhaari IIFA Awards Outstanding Performance By A Regional Language Film||Won|
Genelia D’Souza is deeply religious and says that she regularly attends Sunday Mass at St. Anne Parish (Bandra), and each time the family is at home, part of their evening is reserved for reciting together the rosary. In an interview with The Times of India, she comments: “I keep a Novena every Wednesday at St. Michael’s Church in Mahim.” In an interview with Daily News and Analysis, she said that “my communication with God is conversational, I am God’s favorite child, I believe that God has always been kind to me.”
The tabloids have linked D’Souza romantically with Ritesh Deshmukh since they played together in their first film Tujhe Meri Kasam in 2003. They would be ready to get engaged, but the father of Ritesh, the chief minister of Maharashtra, Vilasrao Deshmukh, disagreed  D’Souza later denied any rumors of a relationship with Deshmukh, and replied that she had just friendly relations with him. However, the couple finally married on February 3, 2012, according to the Marathi wedding traditions at a Hindu wedding ceremony, they were married the next day. The couple’s first child, a son named Riaan, was born on November 25, 2014. Their second son was born on June 1, 2016.
Some Known Facts About Genelia D’Souza
- Does Genelia D’Souza smoke?: No
- Does Genelia D’Souza drink alcohol?: No
- She was born and raised into a Marathi-speaking Mangalorean Catholic Family in Mumbai.
- Her mother, Jeanette D’Souza, had to leave the post of the Managing Director of a Pharma Multinational corporation to help Genelia with her career.
- According to Genelia, her name is a portmanteau (a linguistic blend of words) of her parents- Jeanette and Neil. She furthers says that her name means “rare” or “unique.”
- Genelia completed her bachelor’s degree in Management Studies while shooting for her debut film, Tujhe Meri Kasam in 2003.
- During her school and college days, she was a sports enthusiast and was a state-level athlete and a national level football player.
- At the age of 15, Genelia had become a household name when she did a Parker Pen commercial with Amitabh Bachchan.
- She also gained wide attention when she did a Fair & Lovely advertisement during the 2003 Cricket Worl Cup.
- She signed three Telugu movies simultaneously at the age of 16.
- She made her Bollywood debut with Ritesh Deshmukh in the movie Tujhe Meri Kasam in 2003.
- She dated Ritesh Deshmukh for a decade before tying the knot with him.
- The year 2006 proved to be a significant turning point in Genelia’s career; as she did two Telugu films in early 2006- Happy and Raam. The most successful film of her career “Bommarillu” was also released in the same year.
- After nearly five-year hiatus in Bollywood, Genelia made a comeback in Bollywood in June 2008 with the film “Mere Baap Pehle Aap.” However, the film failed at the box office.
- Her role of Aditi Mahant in the blockbuster Jaane Tu… Ya Jaane Na gained wide popularity.
- Apart from doing lead roles in many films, Genelia also made cameo appearances in Jai Ho and Lai Bhaari in 2014.
- Genelia is also into philanthropy and is associated with “The Banyan,” a voluntary organization that rehabilitates homeless women with mental illness in Chennai.
- In 2009, Genelia was one of the judges at the grand finale of Gladrags Mega Model and Manhunt.
- Genelia D’Souza holds a Limca world record of delivering four different super hit films in four different languages- Ready (Telugu), Satya in Love (Kannada), Santosh Subramaniam (Tamil), and Jaane Tu… Ya Jaane Na (Hindi) in a calendar year.
- Genelia has appeared in a number of popular TV commercials including Fanta, Chocolate Perk, Virgin Mobile India, Fastrack watches, LG mobiles, Garnier, and Dabur Vatika hair oil.