Shilpa Shinde Profile, Bio, Height, Affair, Family, Wiki
Shilpa Shinde (born 28 August 1977) is an Indian television actress. Shilpa Shinde is known for her role in STAR Plus’s soap opera Bhabhi (2002–08), and Angoori Bhabhi in & TV’s sitcom Bhabhi Ji Ghar Par Hai!. In 2017, she participated in Bigg Boss and became the winner.
On 5 February 2019, Shinde joined the Indian National Congress, where she will be participating in the upcoming Lok Sabha election on Congress ticket in Mumbai.
Shilpa Shinde Family
Shilpa Shinde was born on 28 August 1977 into a Maharashtrian family. Her father, Dr. Satyadeo Shinde, was the judge of a High Court while her mother Geeta satyadeo Shinde is a homemaker. She has two elder sisters and a younger brother. Shinde was a psychology student at K.C. College, Mumbai, but failed to obtain her bachelor’s degree. Her father wanted her to study law, but she was not interested in studying the subject.
Father- Not Known (Died in 2013, Was a Judge in High Court)
Mother- Geeta Shinde (Homemaker)
Brother- Ashutosh Shinde
Sisters- Shubha Shinde, Archana Shinde
Shilpa Shinde Personal life
Shilpa Shinde met actor Romit Raj on the set of TV show Maayka (2007–2009). The two started dating each other soon afterward. They were engaged to be married in 2009 but the wedding was called off when Shinde was unable to meet the demands of Raj and his family.
Shilpa Shinde went into depression when her father died in 2013 of Alzheimer’s disease. Her father did not want her to take up acting as a profession. Shinde said, “He never wanted me to get into acting but when I insisted he did give me a year’s time and I became an actress. I was there with him day and night in the last couple of months and now he is gone.”
Shilpa Shinde Bio
Famous Role ‘Angoori’ in TV serial ‘Bhabhi Ji Ghar Par Hai’
Shilpa Shinde Physical Stats
Height (approx.) in centimeters- 163 cm
in meters- 1.63 m
in Feet Inches- 5′ 4″
Weight (approx.) in Kilograms- 65 Kg
in Pounds- 143 lbs
Figure Measurements (approx.) 35-28-35
Eye Colour Dark Brown
Hair Colour Black
Hair Colour Black
Shilpa Shinde In Politics
Indian National Congress (INC)
Indian National Congress (INC)
Political Journey 2019- Joined the Congress Party on 5 February
Shilpa Shinde Personal Information
Date of Birth 28 August 1977
Age (as in 2018) 41 Years
Birth Place Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Zodiac sign/Sun sign Virgo
Hometown Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
School Not Known
College Not Known
Educational Qualifications Graduate in Psychology
Debut Film: Chhina
TV: Kabhi Aaye Na Judaai (2001)
Address A house on Malad Link Road, Mumbai
Hobbies Shopping, Dancing
Shilpa Shinde Controversies
- Shilpa Shinde left the serial Do Dil Ek Jaan of Life OK because she felt that her character was not given much attention.
- In March 2016, she left the popular TV serial ‘Bhabhi Ji Ghar Par Hai’ due to her issues with the production house. Shilpa Shinde even filed an F.I.R. against Sanjay Kohli, accusing him of sexual harassment.
Shilpa Shinde Favourite Things
Favourite Actor Sachin Khedekar
Favourite Fashion Designer Ritu Kumar
Favourite Colours White, Yellow
Shilpa Shinde Boyfriend/Husband
Marital Status Unmarried
Affairs/Boyfriends Romit Raj (Actor)
Ex-fiancé Romit Raj (Actor)
Shilpa Shinde Net Worth
Shilpa Shinde Career
Shilpa Shinde made her television debut in 1999. She came into the spotlight for her role in the serial Bhabhi (2002–08). Shilpa Shinde next starred in the serial Kabhi Aaye Na Judaai (2001–03) and later played the role of Chitra in Sanjeevani (2002). In 2002 in the same year, she played the lead role in Amrapali (2002).
Later, she continued to play another role in the show Miss India (2004). In January 2004, Shinde played the parallel lead as Meher in DD National’s show Meher – Kahani Haq Aur Haqeeqat Ki until January 2006. She later was seen in Star Plus show Hatim. In 2005, Shilpa played a role in Zee TV’s Rabba Ishq Na Hove as Juhi until 2006. She then was seen in Betiyaan Apni Yaa Paraaya Dhan as Veera, Hari Mirchi Lal Mirchi, and Waaris as Gayatri.
Shinde has acted in two Telugu films-Dasari Narayana Rao’s Chhina and Suresh Verma’s Shivani.
Shilpa Breakthrough, success, and hiatus (2014–2016)
Shilpa Shinde’s breakthrough role was Koyal Narayan in SAB TV’s sitcom Chidiya Ghar opposite Paresh Ganatra. Shilpa Shinde quit the show in March 2013 due to problems in her personal life and was replaced by Shubhangi Atre, who played the part for a year. Atre had to leave the show when Shilpa Shinde decided to return in June 2014 but in September of the same year, Shinde decided to quit again.
Shilpa Shinde said, “I was promised a lot of things and told that the character will have an interesting graph. However, the producer has failed to keep his promise. Since I wasn’t too happy with my track, I decided to quit the show.” Shinde was permanently replaced by Baal Veer actress Aditi Sajwan.
In January 2015, it was reported that Shinde had been approached to play the lead role in &TV’s new sitcom Bhabi Ji Ghar Par Hai!. She was initially cast to play a glamorous neighbor Anita Mishra (eventually played by Saumya Tandon) but had to play the simple housewife, Angoori Tiwari, when actress Rashami Desai, who had had been cast to play Angoori, opted out due to personal reasons.
Shilpa Shinde became a household name with her portrayal of Angoori Bhabhi in Bhabi Ji Ghar Par Hai!, but she quit in March 2016 after having several issues with the makers and accusing them of mentally torturing her. Shinde was replaced by Shubhangi Atre in April 2016, who had also replaced her in Chidiya Ghar in 2014. Are cited this fact as a mere coincidence. In 2017, Shinde did an item song in the film Patel Ki Punjabi Shaadi.
Shilpa Bigg Boss and return to television (2017–present)
In October 2017, Shilpa Shinde returned to television and became a contestant on the reality show Bigg Boss 11. One of her fellow contestants on the show was Vikas Gupta, the programming head of &TV, who was said to have played a major role in her ouster from Bhabi Ji Ghar Par Hai. The two initially shared an unpleasant relationship and often fought on the show but their relationship became much more cordial towards the end of it. Both Shinde and Gupta became finalists on the show along with actress Hina Khan and businessman Puneesh Sharma. Shinde beat the other three finalists and was declared the winner of Bigg Boss on 14 January 2018.
In 2018, post-Bigg Boss, she booked a role in the film Radha Kyon Gori Main Kyon Kaala opposite Lulia Vantur.
Shilpa’s Other works
Entry into Indian politics (2019–present)
In February 2019, Shinde joined the Indian National Congress in presence of Sanjay Nirupam.
Shilpa In Filmography
Year Title Role Language Notes
2001 Chhina Telugu
2017 Patel Ki Punjabi Shaadi Dancer Hindi Special appearance in the song “Maro Line”
2019 Radha Kyon Gori Main Kyon Kaala Hindi Post-production
Shilpa In Television
Year(s) /Title /Role /Notes
2001–03 Kabhi Aaye Na Judaai Kamya
2002 Amrapali Amrapali
2004–06 Meher Meher
2004 Miss India Sanjana Gujral
2004–08 Bhabhi Manju
2004 Hatim Shakila
2005–06 Rabba Ishq Na Hove Juhi
2006–07 Betiyaan Apni Yaa Paraaya Dhan Veera
2007 Hari Mirchi Lal Mirchi Rinku
2007–08 Kasturi Raina
2007–09 Maayka Soni Khurana
2008–09 Waaris Gayatri
2009-10 Maat Pitaah Ke Charnon Mein Swarg Astha
2011–13 Chidiya Ghar Koyal Ghotak Narayan
2013–14 Do Dil Ek Jaan Daya Maayi
Devon Ke Dev…Mahadev Mahananda
2014 Lapataganj Ms. Mary
Chidiya Ghar Koyal Ghotak Narayan
2015–16 Bhabhi Ji Ghar Par Hai! Angoori Bhabhi
2017–18 Bigg Boss 11 Contestant Winner
2018 Entertainment Ki Raat Guest Episode 19
Jio Dhan Dhana Dhan Googly Devi Web television series
Dus Ka Dum Guest Episode 17
Bigg Boss 12 Premiere Episode, Episode 2
2019 Kanpur Wale Khuranas Episode 14
Some Known Facts About Shilpa
- Does Shilpa Shinde smoke?: Not Known
- Does Shilpa Shinde drink alcohol?: Yes
- Shilpa started her career with a negative role in the film ‘Bhabhi’ (1999).
- Her family was initially unhappy with her decision to enter the film industry.
- Initially, she did a couple of Telugu films, but unfortunately, they were shelved, after which she tried her luck in the TV industry.
- Shifting to TV proved to be the right move for her as she became part of many hit shows, such as – ‘Miss India’, ‘Hatim’, and ‘Sanjeevani.’
- Shilpa Shinde rose to fame with her role of ‘Angoori’ in &TV’s popular comedy serial ‘Bhabi Ji Ghar Par Hain.’
- In 2015, her role as ‘Angoori’ earned her the ‘Indian Telly Award’ for the Best Actress in a Comic Role.
- Shilpa Shinde is an ardent devotee of Shirdi’s Sai Baba and Lord Ganesha.
- Shilpa Shinde was in a serious relationship with her Zee TV’s serial Maayka’s co-star Romit Raj, but their marriage was called off due to some issue.
- Once Shilpa Shinde faced a severe migraine attack on the sets of ‘Bhabi Ji Ghar Par Hain’, but despite that, she continued her shooting.
- In 2016, she left ‘Bhabi Ji Ghar Par Hain’ due to her health issues and problems with the serial’s team and production house. She even took the support of MNS’s (Maharashtra Navnirman Sena) leader Raj Thackeray after she was replaced by Shubhangi Atre.
- Shilpa did an item song called “Maro Line” in the film ‘Patel Ki Punjabi Shaadi’ (2017), after which she was trolled on social media for her overweight.
- In 2017, she entered the ‘Bigg Boss 11‘ house and fought with Vikas Gupta on stage which left even Salman Khan speechless.
- Shilpa Shinde knew his fellow ‘Bigg Boss 11’ contestant Vikas Gupta before they entered the Bigg Boss house.
- On 14th January 2018, Shilpa was declared the winner of ‘Bigg Boss 11’