Monica Bedi (born 1975) is an actress and television presenter. She debuted in Hindi films in the mid-1990s and her notable work includes Pyaar Ishq Aur Mohabbat and Jodi No.1 (both 2001). She is well known after participating in Bigg Boss 2 and also for playing Gumaan Kaur Vyas in Star Plus’ Saraswatichandra from 2013-2014. Monica Bedi was born on 18th January 1975 in Hoshiarpur, Punjab in India. She is a famous Indian Actress who is known for her work in movies in various Indian languages as well for her roles in TV soaps.
In September 2002, she was arrested along with Abu Salem by the Lisbon police for entering Portugal with forged documents. After years of legal battle, they were deported to India on November 11, 2005, after India promised Portugal that Salem would not receive a death sentence. On 29 September 2006, an Indian Court convicted Monica Bedi for passport forgery. CBI had filed a case against Bedi under section 420 (cheating), 120 B (criminal conspiracy) and section 12 of the Passport Act for procuring a passport on a fictitious name.
Monica Bedi is a popular Indian Actress. The latest movies in which Monica Bedi has acted are Sikandar Sadak Ka, Tirchhi Topiwale, Kaala Samrajya, Surakshaa, and Jodi No.1. Monica Bedi was born on January 18, 1975.
|(as in 2023) 47 Years
|(Hindi): Surakshaa (1995)
Film (Telugu): Taj Mahal (1995)
Film (Bengali): Jabab Dihi (1998)
Film (Kannada): Nannaseya Hoove (1999)
Film (Tamil): Devadasiyin Kathai (2011)
Film (Nepali): Parichaya (2012)
Film (Punjabi): Sirphire (2012)
TV: Saraswatichandra (2013)
|Sun Sign/Zodiac Sign
|Hoshiarpur, Punjab, India
|Date of Birth
|18 January 1976
|Hoshiarpur, Punjab, India
|Prem Kumar Bedi (Doctor)
|Abu Salem (Gangster)
Marital Status, Husband and Children
|Oxford University, United Kingdom
|B.A. in Acting
|Actress and Television Presenter
Height, Weight, and Figure Measurements
|in centimeters- 170 cm
in meters- 1.70 m
in feet inches- 5’ 7”
|in Kilograms- 59 kg
in Pounds- 130 lbs
Extra Ordinary Features
|Race / Ethnicity
Monica Bedi is an actress and television presenter. She debuted in Hindi films in the mid-1990s and her notable work includes Pyaar Ishq Aur Mohabbat and Jodi No.1. She is well known after participating in Bigg Boss 2 and also for playing a negative character in Star Plus’ Saraswatichandra from 2013-2014.
Bedi was born to Dr.Prem Kumar Bedi and Shakuntala on 18th January 1975, her parents migrated to Norway when she was 10 months old. They run a garment store in Norway. Monica did her graduation from the prestigious Oxford University in the United Kingdom and in 1995 completed her Acting education from Delhi University.
Monica Bedi Net Worth
According to online sources, Monica Bedi’s estimated Net Worth, Salary, Income, Cars, Lifestyles & many more details have been updated below. Let’s check, How Rich is Monica Bedi in 2023?
|Estimated Net Worth in (2023)
|$4 Million - $9 Million (Approx.)
|Estimated Net Worth in (2022)
|$1 Million - $5 Million (Approx.)
|Previous Year's Net Worth (2021)
|$100,000 - $1 Million
|Primary Income source Movie Actress (profession)
Noted, Currently, We don’t have enough information about Cars, Monthly/Yearly Salary, etc. We will update you soon.
Monica Bedi Career
Beautiful Monica made her acting debut in the 1994 Hindi movie “Mai Tera Aashiq”. She later moved on to do movies in various Indian Languages. She made her Telugu movie debut with “Tajmahal” in 1995 and went on to do many movies in this language in her career. Monica even did films in Tamil, Punjabi, Bengali and as well as Kannada language films.
Monica Bedi Movies
|Main Tera Aashiq
|Ek Phool Teen Kante
Jeeyo Shaan Se
Sikander Sadak Ka
Jaanam Samjha Karo
Pyaar Ishq Aur Mohabbat
Hridoye Lekho Naam
Monica Bedi Tv Shows
|Bigg Boss 2
|Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 3
|Dil Jeetegi Desi Girl 1
Bigg Boss (Season 2): On 17 Aug 2008 (telecast date), Bedi was ushered into the Bigg Boss (Season 2) as one of the 14 contestants in the second season of the Indian version of Big Brother. she was evicted from bigg boss house on 5 Sep (telecast date).
Love Story of Monica Bedi and Abu Salem
Gangster Abu Salem and Bollywood Monica Bedis Love Story. Mafia Dons are, by and large, more partial to one-night stands and brief affairs, hardly ever entertaining the thought of a serious relationship. But Abu Salem ventured into forbidden territory with Monica Bedi. Everyone around him was taken by surprise at this development, most of all Salem himself. There are so many popular names in the underworld, most famous of them being Abu Salem. He tried his luck in the different tasks before joining underworld Don Dawood in his criminal activities. He was allegedly the mastermind behind the 1993 Mumbai blast.
As soon as Abu Salem’s name comes out, then Monica Bedi is paired with them. Monica spoke openly about her and Abu’s love story. Monica is an actress, so her interest in the stage shows offers was natural. According to Monika, he had heard the name of underworld don Dawood Ibrahim and Chhota-Shakeel but Abu Salem was not aware of the name. In 1998, Monica came in contact with Abu Salem on the phone for the first time. Monica met Gangster Abu Salem in a Bollywood party in Dubai, after that they became close. Abu Salem had bedded some of the most ravishing sirens from the film industry, including a major beauty queen. But Monica was different. She had neither won crowns at beauty pageants nor was she a contender for top billing in films. But there was something irresistible about her. Something he had not seen in the “plastic” divas of the film world.
- In September 2002, she was arrested along with Abu Salem by the Lisbon police for entering Portugal with forged documents. After years of legal battle, they were deported to India on November 11, 2005, after India promised Portugal that Salem would not receive a death sentence.
- On 29 September 2006, an Indian Court convicted Monica Bedi for passport forgery. CBI had filed a case against Bedi under section 420 (cheating), 120 B (criminal conspiracy) and section 12 of the Passport Act for procuring a passport on a fictitious name.
- Bedi was acquitted of all criminal charges by a Bhopal court on July 16, 2007, due to a lack of evidence against her. Yet another case for possessing a passport from Hyderabad on forged documents in the name of Sana Malik is pending in a Hyderabad court. The Hyderabad court, however, denied her bail in the case as she failed to produce her original passport. Monica said she lost her passport in Dubai. On July 25, 2007, she was released from the Chanchalguda Central Jail and was received by her father Prem Kumar Bedi. She said that she planned to make a comeback to films and claimed to be getting offers from both Bollywood and the Telugu film industry.
Some Known Facts About Monica Bedi
- Does Monica Bedi smoke: Not Known
- Does Monica Bedi drink alcohol: Not Known
- She was just three when her parents had moved to Drammen, Norway in 1979. Though his father used to practice as a doctor in India, he has now been running a cloth shop in Norway along with Monica’s brother.
- After completing her under graduation, she moved to United Kindom in 1992, where she studied Literature at Oxford University. She simultaneously pursued her acting education from Delhi University which got completed in 1995.
- In 2002, Monica along with her partner Abu Salem was arrested in Portugal on the charges of entering the country on forged documents. An Indian Court in 2006 convicted her for getting a Passport issued having a fictitious name “Fouzia from Bhopal” printed on it. The judgment of the lower court was upheld by the Supreme Court of India in November 2010, but her jail term was reduced to the period she had served till then.
- She wrote a letter to Manmohan Singh, former Prime Minister of India, in November 2004, in which she revealed that she was introduced to Abu Salem as “Arsalan Ali” during a stage show in Dubai. He was supposedly a businessman from Pakistan. It took her quite a lot of time to discover that the one with whom she shared her life was a married gangster and also had a child. She also had confided to him that how the producer Mukesh Duggal used and abused her to land her some filming project. The producer was later shot dead by her underworld partner. But it was more than late that she could step back from the relationship she had with one of the gangsters who moved Mumbai in 1993.
- She appeared as one of the contestants in season 2 of Bigg Boss, an Indian TV reality show. Bedi remained in the show till third out of the total 14 weeks before she was eliminated because of public voting.
- If reports are to be believed, Abu Salem landed her a big project, Jodi No.1 which was directed by David Dhawan. The film had starred some of the most renowned actors like Sanjay Dutt, Twinkle Khanna, and Govinda. Sanjay Dutt was unhappy with getting a film partner in the name of Monica and had decided to quit the film when just a “polite threat” from Salem changed his mind. Dutt was ordered to not hold Monica too firmly during the romantic scenes. This spine-chilling ultimatum of Salem was more than enough to make everyone alert on the shooting sets.
- Monica was one of the prominent contestants of the Jhalak Dikhla Jaa (Season 3) premiered on Sony TV in early 2009.
Who Is Monica Bedi Husband?
Abu Salem was her boyfriend. She is still unmarried. Monica Bedi’s Boyfriend Abu Salem Was A Noted Gangster Having Links With The Dawood Ibrahim Gang Earlier Before Marching Out On His Own. He Was Born In 1968 In Azamgarh, India.
Where Is Monica Bedi?
Monica Is A Capricornian, Born On January 18Th 1975 In The Village Of Chabbewal In The District Of Hoshiarpur, Punjab, India.
What Is The Age Of Monica Bedi?
48 Years (18 January 1975)