Gareth Frank Bale is undoubtedly the most expensive player as of 2016, so you know we are talking about nothing else but the charismatic Welsh and Real Madrid player. His speed and accuracy have made him a household name throughout the world, and he plays for a club that boasts some of the best players in the world.
Since he began playing professional football more than a decade ago, the Real Madrid star has amazed thousands of people around the globe. With a stellar career that has included many awards and honors, Bale is one of the greats. He hasn’t let fame or money overshadow his talents when he has played with some of the biggest names in football today.
Gareth Bale Wiki/Bio
Birth Name Gareth Frank Bale Nick Name • The Cannon
• Welsh Winger
Age 34 (as in 2023) Years Religion Atheist Sun Sign/Zodiac Sign Cancer Birth Place Cardiff, Wales, United Kingdom Date of Birth July 16, 1989 Nationality Welsh Residence Bale lives in the exclusive La Finca neighbourhood, home to Madrid's wealthiest. Home Town Cardiff, Wales, United Kingdom Hobbies Playing Golf, spending time with family and watching Premiere League.
Professional Debut In May 2006 for Wales National Team Current Team • Wales Football Team
• Real Madrid
Jersey Number 11 Position Forward Coach/Mentor Harry Redknapp Records (main ones)/Achievements • “Carwyn James Award” for the “BBC Wales Young Sports Personality of the Year” in Dec 2006.
• “Barclays Player of the Month” for April 2010
• “Football League Young Player of the Year” on March 04, 2007.
• “2010 BBC Cymru Wales Sports Personality of the Year.”
• “Player of the Year” on April 17, 2011 for 2010-11 season by Professional Footballers Association.
• “PFA Players' Player of the Year," 2012-2012.
• "Young Player of the Year," 2012-1013.
Career Turning Point 2010–11 UEFA Champions League
Mother's Name Debbi Bale (Operation Manager) Father's Name Frank Bale (School Teacher) Brother None Sister Vicky Bale
Affairs/Girlfriends Emma Rhys-Jones
Marital Status, Wife and Children
Wife/Spouse Emma Rhys-Jones (High School Sweetheart) Children Daughters- • Nava Valentina
• Nava Valentina
• Alba Viola
School Whitchurch High School College/University Not Available Educational Qualification High School (2005), Grade A in PE Profession Professional Footballer Brands Endorsed • Adidas
• Nissan Motors
• Foot Locker
Career Manager Jonathan Barnett
Height, Weight, and Figure Measurements
Height (Approx.) in centimeters- 1.83 cm
in meters- 1.83 m
in Feet Inches- 6’ 1⁄2”
Weight (Approx.) in Kilograms- 75 kg
in Pounds- 165 lbs
Chest Size 45 Inches Biceps Size 14 Inches Waist Size 32 Inches
Extra Ordinary Features
Race / Ethnicity Welsh and British Hair Color Brown Eye Color Blue S*xual Orientation Straight Dress Size Not Available Shoe Size 11 US
Favourite Food • Chicken wrap
• Medium sauce
• Spanish dry cured ham
• Dairy Milk or Galaxy chocolates
Favorite Color Red Favourite Football Trick Side-step Favorite Sports Football Favorite Footballer Christiano Ronaldo Favorite Hotel Txistu, Madrid, Spain Controversies • He spurred controversy with his comments on England Football. He said, "They [England fans] big themselves up before they've done anything, so we're going to go there and believe we can beat them."
"I think we've got a lot more passion and pride about us than them. We'll definitely show that on the day. I don't know what it is but, if you're Welsh, we feel more pride and passion than anyone else.
"Look at the national anthem, everyone sings, the whole stadium. I don't think any other nation would do that. Being Welsh just brings it out of you."
Asked how many England players would get into the Wales team, Bale cheekily responded "None."
Born on July 16th, 1989, Gareth (Frank) Bale was born in Cardiff, Wales. Debbie (operations manager) is his mother, and Frank (school caretaker) is his dad. A Whitchurch primary school, Eglwys Newydd, was where he attended. Southampton scouts saw him playing in a 6v6 tournament at this school at the age of nine. Chris Pike, a former Cardiff City player, is his nephew. In his youth, his favorite player was Manchester United legend, Ryan Giggs.
Whitchurch High School was the school where Bale attended. Not only did he excel in football, but he also did well in rugby and hockey. In his 14th year, Gareth was able to run 100 meters in 11.4 seconds. Gwyn Morris had a special rule for Gareth because of his impressive football skills – he was only allowed to use his right foot instead of his left. Whitchurch’s academy had doubts about giving Bale a scholarship because of his height, but he trained in Bath until Southampton’s academy offered him a scholarship.
Anjali Tendulkar Bio, Age, Height, Weight, Husband, Net Worth & Wiki
The 16-year-old recently won the Cardiff & Vale Senior Cup for the school’s under-18 side. His Grade A in PE earned him an A in high school in 2005. The PE department awarded him the award for service to sport as a senior. Morris (the PE teacher at his school) commented: “Gareth is driven to succeed in life, has a strong character, and has the qualities to accomplish his personal goals. I have had the pleasure of helping educate some of the most selfless individuals.”
In his early years as a professional, Bale played left-back for Southampton, earning a reputation for taking free kicks well. Tottenham Hotspur gave him an offensive role in 2007 when he transferred from Manchester United. A dazzling run of domestic and European performances carried him to Europe and the attention of a number of clubs. A star-studded Real Madrid squad encircles him, including Ronaldo, Benzema, Khedira, James, and Kroos.
Gareth Bale Net Worth
Estimated Net Worth in 2023 (Approx) $160 Million Estimated Net Worth in 2022 (Approx) $145 Million Estimated Net Worth in 2021 (Approx) $132 Million Annual Salary $33 Million Cars Collection • Audi Q7
• Lamborghini Aventador
• Audi R8 Spyder
• Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG
• Bentley Continental
• Mercedes Class C63 AMG Coupé
• Range Rover
Income Source Professional Footballer
Gareth Bale has a net worth of $160 million.
Bale makes an estimated $9 million from endorsements in addition to his $25 million salary. As a result of his salary plus endorsements, Gareth earned $35 million from June 2017 to June 2018. A shrewd decision was made in 2013 when he trademarked his heart-shaped goal celebration and number-11 shirt for future official merchandise. In soccer video games like FIFA, Bale is a regular addition.
Adidas, Lucozade, EA Sports, and BT Sport are some of his most notable brand endorsements. The amount of money he earned from brand endorsements in 2014 outweighed his salary at Real Madrid by 5 million pounds. In addition to his Instagram page, Bale earns a significant amount of money. David Beckham is his only peer in this regard, with sponsored posts averaging $185,000.
Gareth Bale’s residence was rumored to have been rented by renowned Brazilian footballer Kaka in 2013. La Finca is a district west of Madrid with a mansion measuring 1,500 square meters. Although the amount Bale was paying per month is unclear, it is highly likely that this was a temporary living arrangement – since he had only recently arrived in Spain in 2012.
Toni Kroos Bio, Age, Height, Weight, Family, Salary, Net Worth & Wiki
Similarly, Bale put his London Mansion up for sale in 2013 to distance himself from his English roots. 2.2 million pounds was the asking price for the five-bedroom property. As a present for his sister-in-law, Gareth purchased a 250,000-pound home. She was left in poverty after her partner committed suicide, and she is the sister of Emma Rhys-Jones. Her children were left behind when he left. Mr. Bale purchased a home for a single mother in Cardiff, along with a car for her.
Earlier this year, Bale purchased a house in Manchester, fueling rumors about a return to England. There were immediate reports that he would sign with Manchester United, although this never materialized.
Tottenham acquired Bale for a 7 million pound fee in 2007 after he proved himself at Southampton. The record-breaking transfer of Gareth to Real Madrid took place in 2013. Until then, this was the largest sum ever paid for a football player – surpassing the previous record of Cristiano Ronaldo (who played for Real Madrid).
Following his departure, Bale signed a three-year extension with the intention of staying at the club until 2022. The Welsh striker received a contract worth $33 million per year – making him the most expensive soccer player in the world. In late 2020, Bale returned to Tottenham following a conflict-ridden spell at Real Madrid.
- Gareth Bale joined the ‘Southampton football club’ in 2006, just one year after graduating from high school, becoming the second-youngest player in team history. In a 2-2 draw with Derby County, he scored his first club goal.
- Gareth Bale was known as a free-kick specialist during his time at Southampton, scoring three of his five goals from free-kicks. Bale won the BBC Wales Young Sports Personality of the Year award during that time. He played 45 games for Southampton, the last of which was against Derby County in May 2007.
- Tottenham Hotspur signed him in a five million pound deal within two weeks. With three goals in four matches, including a goal against a strong ‘Arsenal’ team in his first four games for the club, he made a positive impact immediately.
- He was eventually ruled out for the season after suffering ligament damage on his right ankle in a league game against ‘Birmingham City.’ That injury put a stop to the rest of Bale’s season.
- Following his signing a new contract with the club, he rejoined the team in the following season. The indifferent form he showed throughout the season however resulted in him staying in the sidelines.
- His next year was spent recovering from knee surgery. The goal helped Spurs qualify for the Champions League in 2009 after he scored against Arsenal and Chelsea.
- Gareth Bale became a key part of Tottenham’s success for the next three seasons, scoring important goals against key opponents. During that period, the team failed to win a major championship.
- In contrast, Bale produced a strong season winning several awards, including the FWA Footballer of the Year, the PFA Player of the Year, and the Young Player of the Year. Bale is only the second player in history to win all three major awards in one season (2012-13). A total of 203 Spurs games saw Bale score 55 goals.
- His transfer to ‘Real Madrid’ came after other clubs around the world had shown interest. At the time, the fee was not disclosed, but it was a deal for six years. There was no clear answer for the amount of money that Real Madrid had paid for Bale, but it was finally revealed in January 2016 that it was 100.8 million Euros, setting a world record then, surpassing Cristiano Ronaldo’s 94 million.
- Gareth Bale made a memorable debut against Villarreal, scoring a goal that impressed fans and teammates alike. However, injuries plagued his season after that, and he missed some of Real’s games thereafter, playing just five of 16 games in total.
- He went on to become known as The Cannon after his outstanding performance against archrivals’ Barcelona ‘in the final.’ Bale also scored the winner against neighbors’ Atletico Madrid’ in the 2014 ‘UEFA Champions League Final.’
- His form declined the following season. In addition to scoring and assisting, he contributed to the team’s success on multiple occasions. During the ‘Club World Cup’ he scored the winning goal against ‘San Lorenzo,’ continuing his habit of scoring in the finals.
- It was a good season for Bale in 2015-16. Throughout his time with the team, he was a regular starter and an integral part of their success. As a result, he achieved the record of the highest scoring British player in ‘La Liga’, surpassing Gary Linekar’s 43 goals in the next season.
- Gareth Bale signed a new contract with Real Madrid that extends his stay there until 2022 at the beginning of the 2016-17 season. He played in 19 of the ‘Real Madrid’ games this season, including the ‘UEFA Champions League’ final, despite suffering from an ankle injury for a large part of the campaign.
- This season he scored two goals against ‘Liverpool,’ becoming the first substitute in the UEFA Champions League finals. He also emerged as a ‘UEFA Super Cup’ winner and his team won the ‘Supercopa de Espana.’ For his effort, he was awarded the ‘Man of the Match.’
- The 2018 FIFA Club World Cup semi-final was marked by a hat-trick for Bale against Yamashita Antlers. Thus, he became the third player in the history of the ‘FIFA Club World Cup’ to score a hat-trick after Cristiano Ronaldo and Luis Suárez. After beating Al-Ain FC in the finals, his team won the FIFA Club World Cup.
- Gareth Bale celebrated his 100th goal for ‘Real Madrid’ in a 3-1 victory against cross-city rival Forthlético Madrid in February. While he is currently playing for Real Madrid, rumors of him playing for a Chinese team throughout the summer were rampant.
- The 16-year-old Bale has been with the Welsh national football team since the 2005-2006 season. The young player was Wales’ youngest player at the time. He was eligible to represent England as well but opted to continue playing for Wales.
- In 2019, he had represented Wales 79 times, scoring 32 goals, surpassing the previous leading Welsh scorer, Ian Rush. Having scored his first international hat-trick against China in the 2018 ‘China Cup,’ he passed Rush.
- In addition to Bale, the Welsh football association decided not to be a part of the Great Britain team for the 2012 London Olympics due to controversy. To be a member of the Great Britain team, Bale was prepared to go against the wishes of his national association. Despite this, he pulled out of the tournament due to a back injury.
Facts About Gareth Bale
- Does Gareth Bale smoke?: No
- Does Gareth Bale drink alcohol?: No
- It is Gaeth Bale’s incredible speed that makes him so appreciated, as well as his swerving free kicks, which like him can fly past the wall and find their mark.
- Along with his free-kicks and dribbling, he is a left-footed finisher, which makes him a balanced forward for the team. Physically, he is exceptionally agile. During his 14th year, he ran 100 meters in 11.4 seconds.
- As he began playing at the back and shifted to attacking the field as time went on, he was capable of covering many positions on the field. In his debut game for Wales, he scored a free-kick goal, making him the youngest player ever to do so.
- In addition to athletics and rugby, he played hockey, basketball, and other sports in school.
- FC Southampton spotted Gareth when he was 9 years old and he has played club football ever since.
- At the time of the transfer, the transfer fee was the highest the world had ever seen, and it was for “Real Madrid” at an estimated €100 million.
- While he had to rest for two months due to knee surgery, he remained in excellent shape.
- Bale has won numerous Player of the Month and Goal of the Month awards. Some of these titles were from prestigious institutions in the region.
- In praising Bale, Tottenham manager Harry Redknapp said he is a player without “weaknesses in his make-up”. Despite his avid game playing, he saluted him.
- In 2011, he requested that his number (number 3) be changed to that of a forward (number 11).
- Gaeth has been named to the 2011 UEFA Team of the Year.
- In a season, he has won three awards, the only player other than Cristiano Ronaldo to do so.
- In November 2014, he participated in the “Together we can beat Ebola” campaign.
- Due to his grandmother’s origins in England, Bale might have been eligible to represent England; however, he chose to play for Wales, believing he would be more happy playing for his home country.
- He celebrates with his hands in the shape of a heart.
- Wales qualified for the 2016 Euro football league for the first time in 60 years thanks to Gareth Bale’s efforts. Nine of his 11 goals were scored by him, and he contributed two assists. There were more goals scored by him than anyone else in France in the 2015-16 season.
- Micah Richards remarked that Bale is sure the toughest player to face, stating, “I felt like an inch taller once I met him.”. I was torn to pieces by the experience. There’s no stopping him. You’re being ridiculous.”
- “Redknapp, who has been watching him play from the beginning, said, ‘He is an amazing, amazing talent who is on track to become the next Messi and Ronaldo of the world’. When he’s on his game, he’s almost unbeatable. Surely he is one of the best players on the planet. No one would be able to stop him. Regardless of the team, he’d improve.”
Karim Benzema Bio, Age, Height, Wife, Family, Siblings, Net Worth & Wiki
He has never had any problems in the dressing room, he is a great guy. He spoke Spanish, he joked with us. In recent years many things have come out and they have forgotten what he has done. When time passes they will remember him and how important he has been.
Twenty-six days after being knocked out of Euro 2020 and 307 days after being loaned out to Tottenham, Gareth Bale is back at Real Madrid. The Welshman has returned for the final year of his contract, and this time he’s back to stay.
Speaking after the final match of his loan spell with Tottenham Hotspur, Bale was questioned about retiring from football altogether. “I know what I’m going to do,” he confirmed. “I’m fully focused on the Euros. “I don’t need any distractions going into it, during.
On the other side I have Bale, but Bale does not speak (Spanish) as he only speaks English and we talk with gestures and I say, ‘Hi, hello, and good wine.