Eric Garcia Martret (born 9 January 2001) is a Spanish professional footballer who currently plays for La Liga club Barcelona and the Spain national team.
Garcia went to Manchester City from Barcelona when he was 17 years old. On September 21, 2019, he made his Premier League debut. He won the league and finished second in the UEFA Champions League in his final season at the club. Garcia rejoined Barcelona on a free transfer in June 2021, when his contract expired.
Eric Garcia Bio/Wiki
[table id=5458 /]
Eric Garcia Awards
- Premier League: 2020–21
- EFL Cup: 2019–20FA
- Community Shield: 2019
- UEFA Champions League runner-up: 2020–21
- UEFA European Under-17 Championship: 2017
- FIFA U-17 World Cup runner-up: 2017
- UEFA Nations League runner-up: 2020–21
- UEFA European Under-19 Championship Team of the Tournament: 2019
- IFFHS Men’s Youth (U20) World Team: 2021
Eric Garcia Net Worth
Eric Garcia’s net worth or income is thought to be 7 million euros. However, his major occupation as a soccer player has brought him a significant amount of wealth.
[table id=5426 /]
Eric Garcia FIFA 22 Stats
In FIFA 22, Eric Garcia has an overall rating of 77 and his potential is also 84.
[table id=5406 /]
- Martorell, Barcelona, Catalonia, is where he was born.
- Garcia was a member of Barcelona’s La Masia program until joining Manchester City in 2017.
- During his debut season at City, he captained the under-18s and participated in the UEFA Youth League for the under-19s.
- He joined the first team during their summer pre-season in the United States in 2018.
- Garcia made his City debut on December 18, 2018, starting in the EFL Cup quarter-final against Leicester City.
- He was in a center-back combination with Nicolás Otamendi, and the game ended 1-1, with City prevailing on penalties.
- On 21 September 2019, he made his Premier League debut as a 63rd-minute replacement for Otamendi in an 8-0 win against Watford.
- Garcia played two complete games in a row for City between the Christmas and New Year’s holidays in 2019.
- The first game was at home against Sheffield United, which City won 2-0.
Return to Barcelona
- Garca decided to sign a five-year deal with La Liga club Barcelona on a free transfer on 1 June 2021, with a €400 million buyout clause.
- On 15 August 2021, he made his first competitive appearance for the club, starting the league opener, a 4-2 triumph against Real Sociedad.
- In a 1-1 draw against Athletic Bilbao on August 21, he was sent off after earning a straight red card for his last-ditch tackle on Nico Williams.
- Garcia was sent off for the second time on September 29 after getting two yellow cards in a 3-0 Champions League group stage thumping by Benfica.
- Garcia got his first senior call-up on 20 August 2020, after representing Spain at the under-19 and under-21 levels, for two UEFA Nations League matches against Germany and Ukraine.
- On September 6, 2020, he made his senior international debut against Ukraine, replacing Sergio Ramos in the 61st minute as Spain won 4-0.
- Garcia was included in Luis Enrique’s 24-man squad for UEFA Euro 2020 on May 24, 2021.
- Garcia was also named to the squad for the 2020 Summer Olympics in Tokyo.
He is currently 22 years old (as of 2023).
He is 182 cm tall.
He plays as a defender.
After his transfer to FC Barcelona, his net worth is 7 million euros (as of 2023).