Emiliano Sala was a professional footballer from Argentina. From an early age, Sala attended San Martin de Progreso as a young player before being noticed by a scout. As a youth player, he was inducted into Proyecto Crecer. However, he wasn’t an active player in his debut season and switched to Bordeaux to get more field time. Bordeaux loaned him several times and he scored many award-winning goals, becoming the club’s leading scorer. In 2015, he signed a five-year contract with Nantes, a French football club. During his time at Nantes, he became the team’s highest scorer every season.
In order to enter the Premier League, he signed a record contract with Cardiff City for the 2019-20 season. Sala died in an aircraft crash before he could make his debut against Arsenal in January. Since no trace of him could be found for weeks, he had been presumed dead since January 21, 2019. The wreckage eventually revealed his body. As a mark of respect for his talent, a shrine has been erected outside the Cardiff stadium.
- James Rodríguez Biography, Age, Height, Wife, Siblings, Net Worth & Wiki
- Danilo Luiz da Silva Biography, Name, Age, Wife, Career, Net Worth & Wiki
Emiliano Sala Bio/Wiki
|Birth Name||Emiliano Raúl Sala Taffarel|
|Age||28 (as time of death) Years|
|Sun Sign/Zodiac Sign||Scorpio|
|Birth Place||Cululú, Santa Fe Province, Argentina|
|Date of Birth||04 January 1986|
|Date of Death||21 January 2019|
|Death Cause||Plane Crash|
|Place of Death||Alderney, Guernsey|
|Residence||Cululú, Santa Fe Province, Argentina|
|Home Town||Cululú, Santa Fe Province, Argentina|
|Hobbies||Watching Movies, Playing guitar|
|Mother's Name||Mercedes Taffarel|
|Father's Name||Horacio Sala|
Marital Status, Wife and Children
|Profession||Professional Football Player|
|Brands Endorsed||Not Available|
|Career Manager||Not Available|
|Debut Club||• January 2019: Cardiff City F.C.|
• 20 July 2015: FC Nantes
• 28 January 2015: Stade Malherbe Caen
• 2013: Chamois Mortals F.C.
• 2012: Union Sportive Orleans Loiret Football
• 2011: FC Girondins de Bordeaux
|Jersey Number||• 9 (FC Nantes)|
• 14 (Stade Malherbe Caen)
• 18 (Union Sportive Orleans Loiret Football)
• 11 (FC Girondins de Bordeaux)
Height, Weight, and Figure Measurements
|Height (Approx.)||in centimeters- 187 cm|
in meters- 1.87 m
in feet inches- 6’2”
|Weight (Approx.)||in kilograms- 75 kg|
in pounds- 165 lbs
|Chest Size||42 inches|
|Biceps Size||12 inches|
|Waist Size||32 inches|
Extra Ordinary Features
|Race / Ethnicity||White|
|Hair Color||Light Brown|
|Distinctive Features||Not Available|
|Dress Size||Not Available|
|Shoe Size||10 (US)|
|Favorite Playing Position||Forward|
|Favorite Car||Not Available|
|Favorite Sportsman||Mesut Ozil|
|Favorite Sport ||Football|
Emiliano Ra*l Sala Taffarel was born Oct. 31, 1990, in Culul*, Santa Fe, Argentina, to Mercedes Taffarel and Horacio Sala. Within a few years, the family moved from Santa Fe to Progreso. Sala had two siblings: Dario and Romina.
From a young age, he was interested in football, and he was especially biased towards Independiente. Gabriel Batistuta, the Argentine footballer, was a huge fan and often watched his videos to learn how he played.
He started playing for the team San Martin de Progreso as a youngster and remained with it until he was 15 years old. Sala moved to San Francisco to play at the football school Proyecto Crecer after being spotted by a scout. He used this experience as a foundation in learning how international football clubs operate.
His club, Proyecto Crecer, was affiliated with RCD Mallorca, a Spanish club, and FC Girondins de Bordeaux, a French soccer club. He subsequently moved in with the other players and started playing for the team.
Former Victoria’s Secret model Bernice Schkair was previously in a relationship with Emiliano Sala. However, they had broken up before he moved to Cardiff City. She had been actively talking with the media in hopes of finding Sala and had used social media to encourage people to pray for his return.
He has been missing since January 21, 2019, after a plane crash. It was reported on 7 February that a body recovered from the wreckage had been identified as Sala.
Emiliano Sala Net Worth
Emiliano Sala’s net worth was $5 million by the moment of his death.
|Estimated Net Worth as time of death (Approx)||$5 Million|
|Estimated Net Worth in 2020 (Approx)||Not Available|
|Annual Salary||Not Available|
|Market Value||Not Available|
|Income Source||Professional Footballer|
|Cars Collection||Not Available|
- Emiliano Sala’s luck changed when he was recommended to FC Crato, a Portuguese club. He played for the Portuguese team in 2009, where he scored two goals in a match. Due to personal reasons, he decided to leave the club and return home.
- After signing with Bordeaux, he returned to playing in the 2010-11 season. After moving to France, he began his journey with the team. He didn’t receive enough playing time during the season.
- In the 2011-12 season, he made his Bordeaux debut as a substitute for Jussie. Although this was true, he did not make a name for himself and Bordeaux wanted to loan him to other teams.
- Oliver Frapolli, his manager, insisted that he join US Orleans for Championnat National after several rejections.
- Sala performed well under Frapolli’s encouragement and scored 19 goals for the team in 37 matches. His team finished eighth in the league.
- For the 2013-14 season, he was loaned to the Chamois Niortais. In his last 12 matches with the new team, he scored eleven goals. In the match against Stade Lavallois, he also scored his first hat-trick. After finishing the season with 20 goals, he set a new club record with 18 league goals.
- The 2014-15 season marked his first season in the first team with Bordeaux, and he was given a two-year contract extension. Despite his poor performance, he scored his lone goal on a penalty kick. During the second half of the season, he was loaned to SM Caen to replace Mathieu Duhamel.
- He made his debut for Caen in February 2015, scoring five goals during this period. As a result of his good performance, he was asked to return to Bordeaux.
- He signed a 5-year contract with Nantes, a Ligue 1 club, in 2015. On the opening day of the new season, he scored against Guingamp in his first game. He ended the season as the club’s top scorer with six goals.
- The English club Wolverhampton Wanderers offered him £3 million in 2016, but he decided to stay with Nantes.
- During his second season with Nantes, he scored 12 goals and was one of the top scorers for the club. In his third season with Nantes, he was again the top scorer.
- During the 2018-19 season, he had an argument with Miguel Cardoso, the club’s new manager. His position was changed, and his appearances were limited. In October 2018, the club’s manager was replaced, and he scored twice as a substitute.
- Vahid Halilhodzic is the club’s new manager, and he prefers Sala to play in his original position. Sala thrived and scored a hat-trick against Toulouse. In October, he was named Ligue 1 Player of the Month for his four goals in three matches.
- Sala was the top scorer in Ligue 1 by early December, along with Kylian Mbappe. In his match with Marseille, he added another goal to his tally.
- Sala signed a three-and-a-half-year contract with Cardiff City, a Premier League team, for £15 million in January 2019. Sala declined a higher offer from the Chinese Super League after wanting to make his Premier League debut.
Disappearance & Death
In order to begin his training sessions, Emiliano Sala was scheduled to travel to Cardiff on 21 January 2019. Before moving to Cardiff, he went to Nantes to collect his belongings and spend time with his teammates and friends. He was expected to start Cardiff’s first game against Arsenal.
According to a report on January 22, Sala’s aircraft went missing and was last located in Alderney. David Ibbotson, the pilot, as well as Sala were reported missing later in the day. Channel Islands Air Search immediately launched a search, but the results were negative.
On 24 January 2019, it was officially announced that the search had been discontinued. Although the Guernsey Police conducted an 80-hour search with planes, helicopters, and lifeboats, they were unable to locate the plane or its occupants.
Some have expressed the desire for the search to continue, including Argentine President Mauricio Macri and football players such as Diego Maradona, Lionel Messi, Gonzalo Higuain, and Sergio Agüero. Sala’s agency, Sports Cover, raised over £320,000 from an online petition requesting a private search.
On 26 January, two boats spearheaded by marine scientist David Mearns resumed the search. Search committee members discovered two seat cushions from the aircraft washed up on a French beach.
Cardiff City included Sala’s name on the team sheet for their match against Arsenal. Rather than wearing their numbers, the players wore his name along with a daffodil.
A second search was conducted by the Air Accident Investigation Branch on 3 February. The wreckage of the plane was found by night in the English Channel after a three-day search.
On 7 February 2019, it was reported that a body had been found in the wreckage. Sala had been formally identified.
Emiliano Sala Last Words Were:
“I’m on the plane, it’s looks like it’s falling apart. If in an hour and a half you don’t hear from me, I don’t know if they will send someone to pick me up because they will not find me… I’m scared.”
Facts About Emiliano Sala
- Sala started to play football for San Martín de Progreso. He played for the team until he was 15 years old. Later, Sala moved to San Francisco, Cordoba to play at Proyecto Crecer after being spotted by a soccer scout.
- Emiliano Sala began his football career with the youth team of Argentine side Club Proyecto Crecer. The 22-year-old Frenchman signed for FC Girondins Bordeaux and made his debut for the club in 2012.
- He has had successful spells on loan at Championnat National side Orléans, Ligue 2 side Niort and then Ligue one side Caen in consecutive seasons.
- He joined Nantes on a permanent basis in 2015. In Ligue 1, he made over 100 appearances and scored 42 goals.
- Sala has scored 12 goals, which is the highest amount of goals scored in the French Ligue 1 this season. He is just behind Kylian Mbappé and Nicolas Pepe, who have 14 and 13 points, respectively.
- During Sala’s time at Nantes, he became the first player to score a Ligue 1 hat-trick for the club since Mamadou Diallo did it against FC Sochaux-Montbéliard for 13 years ago (2006).
- Last summer, Emiliano Sala was close to joining Turkish giants, Galatasaray. Sala rejected a late bid from a Chinese Super League team to join Cardiff City. Although the Chinese club offered him a higher transfer fee and salary, he turned them down due to his desire to play in the English Premier League.
- Sala has been compared to the former Argentine international forward Gabriel Batistuta. Emiliano Sala’s style of play has been described as one of a striker who can hold the ball up, who likes wide spaces, and possesses a decent pace.
- In spite of his excellent form, Emiliano Salaries has never represented the Argentinian football team.
- On a Piper Malibu, he flew from Nantes to Cardiff. Across the English Channel, a three-day search covered 1,700 square miles (4,400 km2). Following two subsequent private searches, wreckage was discovered on 3 February, and Sala’s body was recovered four days later.
What happened with Emiliano Sala?
The man responsible for organizing Emiliano Sala’s doomed flight has been jailed almost three years after it crashed. The plane carrying 28-year-old Sala crashed into the English Channel on the evening of January 21, 2019, killing the striker and pilot David Ibbotson, 59.
What caused the Sala plane crash?
A contributory factor in the crash, the AAIB said, was Ibbotson having no training in night flying, and a lack of recent practice in relying only on cockpit instruments. They found that he held a private pilot’s license that did not allow him to conduct flights for money.
Who was responsible for Emiliano Sala?
Businessman David Henderson, who organized a fatal flight for footballers, was jailed for 18 months. The plane carrying 28-year-old Sala crashed into the English Channel on the evening of 21 January 2019, killing the striker and pilot David Ibbotson, 59.
Has Emiliano Sala been found?
Cardiff City footballer Emiliano Sala’s body has been found in the wreckage of a crashed plane, police have confirmed. In a post on Instagram, Sala’s sister Romina said: “Your soul in my soul, it will shine forever thus illuminating the time of my existence. I love you, Tito.”