Emil Peter Forsberg, a Swedish professional footballer who plays as an offensive midfielder for Bundesliga club RB Leipzig and the Sweden national team, was born on October 23, 1991 (Swedish pronunciation: [ml fbaerj]). As Sweden’s top footballer of the year in 2021, Forsberg received the Guldbollen award. Additionally, he has received four votes for Swedish Midfielder of the Year (2016, 2017, 2019, and 2021).
He played for Sweden in the 2018 FIFA World Cup team that advanced to the quarterfinals. He also represented Sweden at the UEFA Euro 2016 and 2020 tournaments, where he scored four goals in four games. He is a creative player famous for his ability to generate chances and assists. He is noted for his fast, efficient passing technique.
Emil Forsberg Bio/Wiki
[table id=5001 /]
Leif Forsberg’s son Emil Forsberg and Lennart Forsberg, another former GIF Sundsvall player, are related through blood. Forsberg wed former football player Shanga Hussain on July 17, 2016. The pair met in Sundsvall and now resides in Leipzig. They have a Golden Retriever named Roffe. August 2018 saw the birth of their first child.
Ryan Babel, a Dutch winger, has been cited by Forsberg as a role model.
Emil Forsberg Net Worth
The range of Emil Forsberg’s net worth or income is thought to be between €7,000,000. However, his major occupation as a soccer player has brought him a significant amount of wealth.
[table id=5002 /]
Emil Forsberg FIFA 22 Stats
In FIFA 22, Emil Forsberg has an overall rating of 81 and his potential is also 81.
[table id=5003 /]
- Forsberg, who was raised in Sundsvall, began his football career with his hometown team before joining the first team in 2009, while the club was competing in Superettan, the second tier of Swedish football.
- Later, he participated in a number of games for Sundsvall during his rookie campaign.
- He started all 30 of Sundsvall’s games in his second season with the team, and he was a fixture in the starting eleven.
- Forsberg had begun to score goals during his second year with the team, but he improved his output for the 2011 campaign, scoring 11 goals in 27 games as Sundsvall was elevated to Sweden’s top division of football, the Allsvenskan.
- Forsberg was introduced as a Malmö player on December 10th, 2012.
- On January 1st, 2013, the start of the Swedish transfer window, he joined the team.
- Forsberg agreed to a four-year deal that would keep him with the team through the 2016 campaign.
- He featured in 28 of the club’s 30 games in his first season, and he contributed five goals to their league-winning campaign.
- In addition, he scored two goals while appearing in every game for the team during the 2013–14 UEFA Europa League qualifying round.
- Forsberg signed a three-and-a-half-year contract with German second-division team RB Leipzig in January 2015.
- His contract was renewed by him from February 2016 till 2021.
- Forsberg was named the 2. Bundesliga’s best player for the 2015–16 season, and Liverpool was allegedly interested in signing him in January 2016.
- Forsberg was selected player of the round by Kicker in round three of the 2016–17 Bundesliga.
- With 22 assists at the end of the 2016–17 campaign, Forsberg finished first in the Bundesliga and among the top 5 leagues in Europe.
- He was also named to the Bundesliga team of the year.
- Forsberg’s goal against Monaco on September 13, 2017, in RB Leipzig’s first match, which ended in a 1-1 draw, was the team’s first-ever Champions League goal.
- Emil Forsberg made his senior international debut for the Swedish national team in a 2-1 friendly victory over Moldova on January 17, 2014; he had previously played for the Swedish under-19 squad.
UEFA Euro 2016
- On October 12, 2014, he made his professional debut against Liechtenstein in a UEFA Euro 2016 qualifying match.
- He scored his first goal for Sweden against Denmark in the UEFA Euro 2016 qualifying play-offs, enabling Sweden to defeat Denmark 4-3 on aggregate and go to Euro 2016.
- Forsberg participated in all three of Sweden’s games at Euro 2016, when they lost in the group stage.
2018 FIFA World Cup
- He was included in Sweden’s 23-man roster for the 2018 FIFA World Cup in Russia in May of that year.
- Forsberg scored the winning goal for Sweden on July 3, 2018, in a round of 16 matches between Sweden and Switzerland, sending them into the World Cup quarterfinals for the first time in over 25 years.
UEFA Euro 2020
- Forsberg was a member of Sweden’s 26-man roster for the UEFA Euro 2020 tournament.
- Forsberg was hailed as one of the tournament’s top performers for his heroics, scoring four goals while also hitting the crossbar and post in Sweden’s Round of 16 loss to Ukraine (2-1 in extra time).
- He broke the previous record of three goals set by Henrik Larsson (in 2004) and Tomas Brolin (in 1992) to become the only Swedish player to score four goals in a UEFA European Championship.
Emil Forsberg Awards
- Allsvenskan: 2013, 2014
- Svenska Supercupen: 2013, 2014
- DFB-Pokal: 2021–22
- Allsvenskan Midfielder of the Year: 2014
- Swedish Midfielder of the Year: 2016, 2017, 2019, 2021
- Bundesliga assist leader: 2016–17
- Bundesliga Team of the Season: 2016–17
- Guldbollen: 2021
He is currently 32 years old (as of 2023).
He is 177 cm tall.
He plays as a midfielder.
After his transfer to RB Leipzig, his net worth is €7,000,000 (as of 2023).