Eden Hazard represents the Belgian national football team, as well as popular clubs like Chelsea FC and Real Madrid. He is a midfielder who is known for his offensive play. As a child, he started playing football with his parents, who are both former footballers. He has earned the respect of his opponents who describe him as ‘a superb passer’ and a ‘defender’s nightmare’. The story began when he snuck into the playground of the ‘Royal Stade Brainois’ from his backyard without his parents’ knowledge. He was caught by his parents when the coach of the football team showed up at their home to compliment him on his talents. To become a professional player, he started practicing regularly. His first competitive game, played against a girls’ team when he was ten, ended in a 5-0 defeat, but by the time he was 16, he made it into the first team of LOSC Lille. As a member of ‘Chelsea FC,’ he played with performances similar to those of Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo, two former Ballon d’Or holders. Hazard is known for his fast dribbling, his remarkable creativity, and his speed.
Eden Hazard Wiki/Bio
|Birth Name||Eden Michael Hazard|
|Nick Name||• The Forbidden Fruit|
• The Snake
|Age||30 (as in 2021) Years|
|Sun Sign/Zodiac Sign||Capricorn|
|Birth Place||La Louviere, Belgium|
|Date of Birth||7 January 1991|
|Home Town||Braine-le-Comte, Belgium|
|Hobbies||Dancing, Watching Basketball|
|Mother's Name||Carine Hazard (Professional Footballer, Sports Teacher)|
|Father's Name||Thierry Hazard (Professional Footballer, Sports Teacher)|
|Brothers||• Thorgan Hazard (Professional Footballer)|
• Kylian Hazard (Professional Footballer)
• Ethan Hazard (Footballer)
|Affairs/Girlfriends||Natacha Van Honacker|
Marital Status, Wife and Children
|Wife/Spouse||Natacha Van Honacker|
|Marriage Date||26 April 2012|
Sons-• Yannis Hazard
• Samy Hazard
• Leo Hazard
|Educational Qualification||Not Available|
|Brands Endorsed||• Nike|
• Sina Sports
• Lotus Bakeries
• Electronic Arts
|Career Manager||John Bico|
|Debut International||On 18 November 2008 for Belgium against Luxembourg|
|Debut Club||On 24 November 2007 for Lille against Nancy|
|Current Team(s)||Real Madrid FC, (no: 7 / Striker, Left wing)|
|Jersey Number||• 10 (Belgium)|
• 10 (Chelsea)
• 7 (Real Madrid FC)
|Position||Midfielder and Winger|
|Awards, Honours, Achievements (main ones)||• PFA Players' Player of the Year: 2014–15|
• FWA Footballer of the Year: 2014–15
• Premier League Player of the Season: 2014–15
• Chelsea Goal of the Year: 2015–16
• Belgian Golden Shoe: 2017
|Career Turning Point||2014-2015 Season|
Height, Weight, and Figure Measurements
|Height (Approx.)||in centimeters- 173 cm|
in meters- 1.73 m
in feet inches- 5’ 8”
|Weight (Approx.)||in kilograms- 75 kg|
in pounds- 165 lbs
|Chest Size||38 inches|
|Biceps Size||14 inches|
|Waist Size||30 inches|
Extra Ordinary Features
|Race / Ethnicity||White|
|Dress Size||Not Available|
|Shoe Size||• EU 43|
• US 9. 5
• UK 9
• JAP 27
• AUS 9
|Favourite Footballer ||Zinedine Zidane|
|Favourite Playing Position||Forward|
|Favourite Music||French Music, Rap and Hip Hop|
|Favourite Sports||Football, Basketball|
|Favourite NBA Player||Carmelo Anthony|
Eden Hazard was born in La Louvière on January 7, 1991, and raised in Braine-le-Comte. In the ‘Belgian Second Division,’ his father Thierry played for ‘La Louvière,’ while his mother Carine played for ‘Belgian Women’s First Division.
During Carine’s pregnancy with Eden, she stopped playing. Three of her sons, Thorgan, Kylian, and Ethan, became football players after she had given birth to them. A private ceremony was held in 2012 to celebrate the marriage of Eden Hazard and Natacha Van Honacker. At the time, he was 14 and they met at the same school.
Following Natacha’s graduation, they moved to Lille to live together. Their first child, Yannis, was born on December 19, 2010, to Natacha and Constantine. Two more children were born to the couple in September 2015: A son named Samy and a boy named Leo in February 2013.
Eden Hazard Net Worth
|Estimated Net Worth in 2020 (Approx)||$100 Million|
|Estimated Net Worth in 2019(Approx)||$85 million|
|Annual Salary||$17 Million|
|Income Source||Professional Footballer|
|Cars Collection||• Mercedes-Benz AMG GTR|
• Audi R8 V10
• BMW X6
• Audi RS4 Avant
• Range Rover
• Aston Martin Vanquish
• Mercedes C Class
Eden Hazard has a net worth of $100 million.
- When Eden Hazard was just four years old, he began playing football for his hometown club, ‘Royal Stade Brainois. As soon as he was spotted by the coaches, Hazard was considered a “gifted” player.
- After he moved to Tubize at the age of 13, he was spotted by a scout from ‘Lille OSC,’ a first division club in France. After the club officials met his parents, they readily accepted the offer to send a 16-year-old Eden to Lille, hoping that the training facilities would be better there.
Career At Lille
- After joining Lille in 2005, Eden trained at the local sports academy for two years. He signed his first professional contract, a three-year deal with ‘Lille,’ on May 28, 2007.
- On September 1, 2007, he made his amateur debut as a substitute player in a league match against ‘Racing Club de France’. In a league match against ‘AS Nancy’ on November 24, 2007, he made his professional debut as a substitute in the 78th minute.
- When Rudi Garcia became manager of the senior team in 2008-09, he promoted him. In addition, he was named the first international to win the UNFP Young Player of the Year Award; he also helped Lille qualify for the newly formed UEFA Europa League.
- There was interest from many prestigious football clubs during the 2009–10 season, with legendary French footballer, Zinedine Zidane, personally recommending him for Real Madrid. But he stayed with Lille and signed a contract until 2014. For the second time, he won the UNFP Young Player of the Year award, becoming the first player to accomplish this feat.
- During the subsequent season, he repeated his exceptional playing ability and was nominated for the ‘UNFP Ligue 1 Player of the Year’ award. Until now, he was the youngest winner in the tournament’s history.
- He became the first player in Ligue 1 to play 100 consecutive matches in 2011-12. Become only the second player in UNFP history to win Player of the Year in consecutive seasons after winning it for the first time in 2006.
Career At Chelsea
- A deal for Chelsea to draft Hazard from Lille was reached in June 2012. On July 18, 2012, he made his team debut in a friendly game against the Seattle Sounders.
- A ball boy was intentionally lying on the ball in order to waste time during the 2012–13 season, and he was suspended for three games for accidentally kicking him.
- Following the season, he was considered one of the 23 nominees for the prestigious award. In spite of losing the ‘PFA Player of the Year’ award to Luis Suárez that year, I won the ‘PFA Young Player of the Year’ award.
- ‘Chelsea’ announced February 12, 2015, that he had renewed his contract for five-and-a-half years. It was that season that he won the PFA Player of the Year award and earned the honor of being the best player. He was also voted Chelsea’s ‘Player of the Year’ for the second time, becoming only the fifth player to accomplish this feat consecutively.
- In the latter half of the 2015-16 season after going without a goal for 30 matches in the beginning, he found his form. As a result, he was named to his fourth PFA Team of the Year during Chelsea’s five-year stint as a player. His team won 12 consecutive league games during the following season.
Career at Real Madrid
- Real Madrid announced on their website on 7 June 2019 that Hazard would sign with them for the 2019-20 season.
- Hazard signed a €100 million contract to become the most expensive player for ‘Real Madrid.
- Harzard has always been a fan of ‘Real Madrid.’ Later he said it has always been his dream to play for ‘Real Madrid.
- In a match against Luxembourg on November 18, 2008, Eden Hazard made his senior national team debut. He previously played for the Belgian U-17 and U-19 teams. The first time he played for his country was against Kazakhstan on October 7, 2011.
- His team reached the 2014 FIFA World Cup quarterfinals and was eliminated after being eliminated from the tournament after scoring two goals in nine matches during the ‘World Cup’ qualification campaign. He was selected as the captain of the Belgian team for the UEFA Euro 2016 finals.
Facts About Eden Hazard
- Does Eden Hazard smoke?: Yes
- Does Eden Hazard drink alcohol?: Yes
- Having grown up around football players, he became a football player himself. He is the son of two professional footballers.
- Eden’s mother played forward in Belgian Women’s First Division, but stopped playing football when she became pregnant with him.
- At a very young age, he developed a love for football. With his father and younger brothers, he used to play football in the garden of his house.
- He spent hours honing his skills on a football training ground close to where he used to live.
- At four years old, he joined the Royal Stade Brainois Club, his hometown club.
- Tubize was his home club for 8 years before he joined it.
- Lille scouts first noticed him while he was playing against a girls’ team. He lost the game 4-0, but scouts noticed he was special. A youth contract was offered to him by the French Club. In 2005, he joined the club.
- During the third year of his contract at Lille, he signed his first professional contract on 28 May 2007.
- His international debut for Belgium came 18 November 2008 against Luxembourg.
- His girlfriend Natasha Van Honacker and he had their first child, Yannis Hazard, on 19 December 2010.
- The first time he scored for Belgium was against Kazakhstan on 7 October 2011.
- The club was very successful under his leadership. He was named NFP Ligue 1 Young Player of the Year twice (2008-09, 2009-10) and UNFP Ligue 1 Player of the Year twice (2010-11, 2011-12) in the four years he played for the club.
- He married Natasha Van Honacker on 26 April 2012, with whom he already had a son.
- Chelsea, a club in London founded in 1882, became his new club on 4 June 2012. Twitter user, “I’m signing with the (this season’s) Champions League winner.” announced it on Twitter.
- They welcomed their second son, Leo, in February 2013.
- A minor injury prevented him from playing in the 2013 UEFA Europa League Final.
- He was named to Belgium’s squad for the 2014 FIFA World Cup on 13 May 2014. Belgium reached the knockout stage but fell short of the quarterfinals.
- His debut season in the English Premier League was the 2014-2015 season. In addition to winning the Premier League Young Player of the Season Award, he finished second in the PFA Player of the Year Award to Luis Suarez.
- For the first time, he captained the U.S. national team against France in a friendly on 7 June 2015.
- Eden and Natasha welcomed Samy as their third child in September 2015.
- In the finals of the 2016 UEFA European Championship, he captained Belgium.
- The 2016-2017 season was his first win with Chelsea.
- Belgium selected him for their team at the 2018 FIFA World Cup.
How did Eden Hazard become famous?
Eden Hazard won the ‘UNFP Young Player of the Year’ award in 2008 and was the youngest player in Ligue 1 to win the honor in 2010. ‘Young Player of the Year’ award was presented to him by the PFA in 2014. As ‘Player of the Year’ for the next season, he was recognized by the PFA.
What is the full name of hazard?
Eden Michael Hazard
Is Eden Hazard from Africa?
‘The player grew up in another city of the Walloon region – Braine-le-Comte, that has a town of twenty thousand inhabitants. Among Eden’s three brothers are Thorgan, Kylian, and Ethan. On their father’s side, they have Belgian roots, while on their mother’s side they have African roots.
Are Eden and Thorgan Hazard brothers?
In addition to playing attacking midfield and wing for Borussia Dortmund of the Bundesliga, Hazard is a member of the Belgian national football team. It is his younger brother Eden Hazard who is older than Kylian Hazard.