Portia de Rossi is an American-Australian actress, model, and philanthropist. She is best known for television roles as Nelle Porter on Ally McBeal, Lindsay Bluth Fünke on Arrested Development and Elizabeth North on the American political thriller series Scandal. For her work in Ally McBeal, she won a Screen Actors Guild Award. Her other television credits include To Something, Nick Freno: Licensed Teacher, Nip/Tuck, and Better Off Ted. She is also known for her roles in the films Who Is Cletis Tout?, I Witness, The Night We Called It a Day, Cursed and Now Add Honey. Ellen DeGeneres
Born Amanda Lee Rogers on January 31, 1973, in Horsham, Australia to Margaret and Barry Rogers, her father, Barry, died when she was nine years old. She has an older brother named Michael. She was raised in Grovedale, Victoria, and modeled for print and TV commercials as a child. She was educated at Melbourne Girls Grammar School and the University of Melbourne, where she studied law. Her first role as an actress was in the 1994 film Sirens. She married talk show host and comedian Ellen DeGeneres in 2008. She was previously married to Mel Metcalfe from 1996 until 1999.
Portia de Rossi Bio/Wiki
[table id=357 /]
Portia de Rossi Family, Education & More
Portia was born on 31st January 1973 in Horsham regional city, in the Wimmera region of Western Victoria to Barry Rogers and Margaret Rogers, and raised in Geelong, Australia. Her father passed away when Portia was just nine years old and hence, her mother started working as a medical representative to raise Portia and her brother single-handed. Portia was brought up in Grovedale, Geelong City, Australia. As her mother was struggling hard to provide for the family, Portia at a tender age of eleven commenced her career in the entertainment industry by performing as a model and an actress for television commercials and print media.
Portia de Rossi Net Worth
According to Woodgram, Portia de Rossi’s estimated Net Worth, Salary, Income, Cars, Lifestyles & many more details have been updated below. Let’s check, How Rich is Portia de Rossi in 2023?
[table id=358 /]
Noted, Currently, We don’t have enough information about Cars, Monthly/Yearly Salary, etc. We will update you soon.
Career in Television
- Portia has acted in several American sitcoms like ‘To Something’ as Maria Hunter, ‘Nick Freno: Licensed Teacher’ as Elana Lewis and ‘Veronica’s Closet’ as Carolyn.
- Portia has acted in the Television movie ‘Astoria’ and also performed as Lana Collins in the television movie ‘Breed Apart’ and performed as a guest star in the ‘Twilight Zone’ television series.
- Portia shifted to California to consolidate her career in acting role Nelle Porter and got to play the role of a cold-hearted Nelle Porter attorney Nelle Porter (the classic ‘Ice Queen’) in the legal comedy-drama as Nelle Porter in television series titled ‘Ally McBeal’. Nelle Porter is a famous role. This brought her a lot of exposure among American audiences due to the role of Nelle Porter.
- ‘Ally McBeal’ provided Portia the right opportunity to showcase her acting talent. Portia along with the cast of the series won in 1999 the ‘Screen Actors Guild Awards’ for ‘Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Comedy Series’ category.
- Rossi auditioned in 2003 for the role of Lindsay Bluth Funke in the American sitcom ‘Arrested Development’ and she was immediately chosen for it. The story of the sitcom is about Bluth’s family members who live a lavish lifestyle.
- In ‘Arrested Development’, Portia plays the role of a pampered and materialistic girl Lindsay who continuously tries to seek attention and is full of vanity. Rossi won with other co-stars the ‘TV Land Award’ in the ‘Future Classic Award’ category and also received the ‘Golden Satellite Award’ in the ‘Best Actress in a Series, Comedy or Musical’ category both in 2004 for the sitcom.
- In 2003, Portia acted as Carolyn Bessette Kennedy, who is a publicist for Calvin and Klien and also the wife of John F. Kennedy Jr. in the television film ‘America’s Prince: The John F. Kennedy Jr. Story’.
- Some of Rossi’s incredible performances are ‘NIP/ Tuck’ as Olivia Lord, a supportive mother and an expert in Eastern medicine, satirical sitcom ‘Better of Ted’ as Veronica Palmer, and the television special ‘Mocking Bird Lane’ as Lily Munster, a vampire who is also an elegant matriarch of the Munster family.
- She played the role of Elizabeth North in the political thriller television series ‘Scandal’. Portia next performed the role of Cora Wolf in the horror-comedy web television series titled ‘Santa Clarita Diet’ and even did a prank call voice as Bonnie Swanson for the animated sitcom ‘Family Guy’ both in 2017.
Career in Films
- After her debut film ‘Sirens’, Portia shifted to Los Angeles to build her acting career. Since then she has featured in several films like ‘The Woman in the Moon’ as Shauna, in slasher film ‘Scream 2’ as Sorority Sister Murphy, in horror film ‘Stigmata’ as Jenniffer Kelliho, in action comedy film ‘Who is Cletis Tout’ as Tess Donnely, in comedy, horror movie ‘Dead & Breakfast’ as Kelly, in Drama movie ‘The Shift’ as Denise Moore and several others. Portia has performed as a narrator in the comedy ‘Now Add Honey’ as Beth Halloway.
Some Known Facts About Portia de Rossi
- Rossi is a horse lover.
- Her career started in 1994 professionally.
- In September 2011, Portia became a citizen of the United States of America.
- On September 23, 2010, her name legally got changed to Portia Lee James DeGeneres.
- She is an animal rights activist and hence a vegan.
- She had enjoyed sex (with straight girls) a couple of times while she was in school. She used to convince them for the hook-up.
- Her dad died when she was just 9 years old.
- She started modeling as a child and appeared in print and TV ads.
- When she was 15, she changed her name from “Amanda Lee Rogers” to “Portia de Rossi” in 1988. Her surname is an Italian and the first name was taken from William Shakespeare’s play The Merchant of Venice. Portia wanted a fresh start with a different name, hence changed the name.
- She suffered from anorexia (eating disorder) in her teenage years and young adulthood.
- She and her grandmother’s birthday appears on the same date. Her grandma was born on January 31, 1907. Portia even shares her birthday with her Arrested Development co-star, Jessica Walter.
- In 2003, she contributed as a backing vocalist in her ex-girlfriend Francesca Gregorini’s album, “Sequel.”
- People magazine included her on the list of “100 Most Beautiful” in May 2007 Nelle Porter.
- In 2014, the couple Ellen DeGeneres and Portia de Rossi were included in the list of “World’s Most Powerful Couples” by Forbes.
How Old Is Ellen’s Daughter?
Ellen Lee Degeneres Born On 1958, January 26, At Metairie, Louisiana, USA Is Currently 65 Years Old. She Is The Daughter Of Elizabeth Jane, A Speech Therapist And Elliott Everett Degeneres, An Insurance Agent.
How Much Is Portia De Rossi Worth?
In 2023, Portia De Rossi Has An Estimated Net Worth Of $60 Million.
What Does Portia De Rossi Do?
Actor, Model, Comedian, Author, Philanthropist
Who Is Ellen’s Son?
Ashton Kutcher Says Ellen Degeneres Has Shamed His 2-year-old Son Dimitri. The 60-year-old Talk Show Host Is Neighbors With Ashton Kutcher And Mila Kunis And Their Two Kids, Daughter Wyatt, And Son Dimitri.
Who Was Ellen Degeneres’s Ex-girlfriend?
Degeneres Is Currently Married To Actress Portia De Rossi. They Dated For About Four Years Before Tying The Knot In 2008. But Before They Were Together, The Tv Personality Dated Anne Heche And Alexandra Hedison.