David Robert Joseph Beckham played professional football for the English national team. A successful stint at some of the world’s best clubs combined with his skills as a midfielder elevated him above many of his contemporaries resulted in him becoming one of the most well-known players in the world while he was playing. Before joining the Manchester United training scheme for young players, Beckham played for a few local clubs in his hometown of London. During the mid and late 1990s, Manchester United went on an unprecedented winning spree and David Beckham tasted success.
He became one of Manchester United’s most famous players after winning the prestigious ‘treble’ and then played for Real Madrid, AC Milan, Paris Saint-Germain, and the Major League Soccer club LA Galaxy in the United States. He was also a member of the supposed ‘Golden Generation’ of the England national football team and captained it for most of his career; however, the team did not achieve the success it had been expected to achieve. In addition to being regarded as one of the world’s richest players, Beckham is also one of the biggest faces in the endorsement industry.
David Beckham Wiki/Bio
[table id=2517 /]
The name David Beckham is an elite global advertising brand that has made Beckham an iconic athlete in Britain. During his time as England captain from 2000 to 2009, he scored in three FIFA World Cups, played in midfield for clubs in Manchester, England, Madrid, Spain, and Milan, Italy; he also won two MLS Championships while playing for Los Angeles Galaxy.
The son of Sandra Georgina (West), a hairdresser, and David Edward Alan “Ted” Beckham, a kitchen fitter, he was born David Robert Joseph Beckham on May 2, 1975, in Leytonstone, East London, England. David Beckham wears a tattoo from the Hebrew Bible (Old Testament) that was written by his maternal grandfather, even though it is unknown if he practices Judaism or another religion. Beckham’s maternal grandfather was Jewish. In consideration of others who might feel uncomfortable due to their beliefs, Beckham has always worn a long sleeve shirt to disguise his tattoos.
He attended the football school owned by Bobby Charlton in Manchester and joined FC Barcelona as a youth while being raised by Manchester United supporters.
David Beckham Net Worth
[table id=2518 /]
With the Los Angeles Galaxy, he spent his final six seasons in Major League Soccer Galaxy. David Beckham earned an estimated net worth of $480 million including salary, revenue sharing, endorsements, appearances, and licensing. David Beckham’s annual Paris Saint-Germain salary was $50 million.
Beckham bought a $25 million MLS expansion team on February 5, 2014, according to the MLC MLS business. As part of his contract with the Los Angeles Lakers in 2007, he was entitled to an expansion team Galaxy. Miami, Florida, will host the new team, which is scheduled to begin to play in 2020. Club Internacional de Futbol Miami – commonly known as Inter Miami – will be the team’s name. Beckham’s business group, Beckham Miami United, will build a $250 million (£149m) stadium that will seat 20,000 people.
Beckham Brand Holdings, through which he invests, spent $50 million to acquire team investor Simon Fuller (creator of American Idol). The team alone was valued at $150 million at the purchase price.
Beckham purchased a four-bedroom house when he was 20 years old, which he lived in during his early career with Manchester United. They purchased the property on 24 acres of land for $3.3 million in 1999, after which it underwent a $4 million renovation. This became their most famous home and was dubbed Beckingham Palace by the media.
Their 2006 Beverly Hills mansion was sold in 2018 for $33 million after they purchased it for $18.7 million in 2007. They purchased a mansion in West London’s chic Holland Park neighborhood for $41 million in 2013 as well as a $4 million property in the south of France. The couple purchased a converted barn in Great Tew, two hours outside of London, in 2016.
- During his time at Manchester United, David Beckham won the FA Youth Cup with the legendary ‘Class of ’92’.
- His debut for the senior team came in 1992 and he signed with Manchester United in January of the following year.
- The attacking midfielder returned to Manchester United in 1995 after spending a year on loan at Preston North End.
- Manchester United’s youth players helped the club win both the Premier League and FA Cup the following year because of Sir Alex Ferguson’s trust. As well as making his England debut that year, he also made his international debut.
- In the mid-to-late 1990s, he was a key member of Manchester United’s dominant side which won ‘the treble’ (the Premier League, the FA Cup, and the UEFA Champions League) in 1999.
- Beckham played as a midfielder for Manchester United senior for eight years, scoring 262 goals and winning six Premier League medals.
- David Beckham scored one goal for England against Columbia in the 1998 World Cup play in France. Beckham, who was sent off during the round of 16 games, lost England on penalties, and his World Cup ended in tears.
- Media and fans alike lambasted Beckham. England was eliminated in the first round of the 2000 European Championships due to abuse from fans.
- Capt. Beckham led the England national team to victory in a World Cup qualifier against Greece in 2000, scoring England’s equalizer to seal qualification for the main event in 2002. England lost to Argentina in the quarter-finals of the World Cup played in Japan and South Korea despite his winning penalty. In the penalty shootout of the European Championships, Beckham missed England’s crucial penalty and the team was eliminated by Portugal.
- In 2003, after a fight with the other big club in Spain, FC Barcelona, David Beckham joined Real Madrid. With Cristiano Ronaldo, Luis Figo, Zinedine Zidane, and Roberto Carlos, Beckham became a legendary member of the ‘Galacticos’ at Real Madrid. For four years, he scored 13 goals for Real Madrid.
- In his last World Cup appearance in 2006, Beckham scored a free kick in the round of 16 games against Ecuador, which helped England reach the quarter-finals, where they were knocked out by Portugal. A total of 117 games were played by Beckham for England, scoring 17 goals.
- During his time with the Los Angeles Galaxy, David Beckham played for five seasons. The fans of AC Milan complained about Jonathan’s loan stint with the club during those five years. During his time with the LA Galaxy, he scored 18 goals.
- The former England player moved to the French side in 2013. This was a five-month contract and he donated all his earnings to charity. After that season, he decided to retire from professional football. After buying the MLS expansion team, Beckham bought a Brooklyn Nets franchise for $25 million.
Facts About David Beckham
- Does David Beckham smoke?: Not at all
- Is David Beckham an alcoholic?: Yes
- He used to travel from London to watch Manchester United matches at Old Trafford with his parents, who were fans.
- Beckham wrote in his autobiography, “I have probably had more contact with Judaism than with any other religion”.
- With a career spanning 20 years and 19 major trophies, Beckham earned 19 major titles.
- His crossing ability, passing range, and bending free-kicks make him stand out.
- As part of the FIFA 100 in 2004, the best living players in the world were named.
- Athletes like him are among the most marketable.
- As US ambassador to UNICEF, Beckham was appointed in 2005 and launched the 7 Fund for children’s welfare worldwide in 2015.
- His wedding pictures were sold to OK! 2.2 million USD for the magazine.
- His name is mentioned in the 2002 film “Bend it Like Beckham.”.
- There is an obsession with David Beckham.
- David Beckham has his own fragrance called Homme.
Beckham said in his autobiography that he has probably had more contact with Judaism than with any other religion, and the majority of his grandparents were Jewish.
In Beckham’s childhood, he had two sisters. While studying at Chase Lane Primary School, David Beckham went on to study at Chingford County High School. Beckham, however, was more interested in football throughout his childhood and played for a local team called Ridgeway Rovers.
In August 1996, Beckham became a national sensation for scoring a goal from the halfway line (roughly equivalent to a golfer’s hole in one). Beckham won Young Player of the Year the following year after Manchester United successfully defended its league title.
Neither Beckham’s arms have a sleeve. Initially, the angel on his left shoulder and the words, “In the Face of Adversity,” are supposed to represent the repercussions of his 2004 affair.