Daniel Craig is an English actor, famously recognized for performing ‘James Bond’ in the eponymous movie series. Apart from his great looks, developed by his blonde hair, blue eyes, and svelte hot body, Daniel Craig is also a skillful actor. Although he was once rebuffed as the next s*x symbol, he struggled hard to show his critics wrong by repairing his image instead of banking on the newly found status and publicity. He turned to do serious characters that gave him an opportunity to hone his skills. It was during these toiling hard days that Craig became a rising star.
He produced hit films, such as ‘Love is the Devil,’ ‘Elizabeth,’ ‘The Trench,’ ‘Road to Perdition,’ and so on. While these movies got his career graph on the ascending track, it was his role as the greatest fictional spy ‘James Bond 007’ that changed his luck forever. He reached the zenith of success with ‘Bond’ films like ‘Casino Royale,’ ‘Quantum of Solace,’ ‘Skyfall,’ and ‘Spectre.’
- Rob Lowe Bio, Age, Wife, Family, Net Worth, Movies, TV Shows & Wiki
- Brad Pitt Bio, Age, Height, Net Worth, Children, Movies, Wiki
Daniel Craig Wiki/Bio
|Birth Name||Daniel Wroughton Craig|
|Age||(as in 2022) 54 Years|
|Religion||There is little information about Craig's politics and religion. He has stated that he is an atheist.|
|Sun Sign/Zodiac Sign||Pisces|
|Birth Place||Chester, Cheshire, England|
|Date of Birth||02 March 1968|
|Residence||London, United Kingdom (GB)|
|Home Town||Chester, Cheshire, England|
|Mother's Name||Carol Olivia (Was an Art Teacher)|
|Father's Name||Timothy John Wroughton Craig (Was the landlord of the pubs “Ring o’ Bells” (in Frodsham) and the “Boot Inn” (Willington, Tarporley), and also served as a midshipman in the Merchant Navy)|
|Brother||Harry Craig (Half Brother)|
|Sister||Lea Craig (Older)|
|Affairs/Girlfriends||• Fiona Loudon (1991-1994)|
• Heike Makatsch (1996-2004)
• Kate Moss (2004)
• Satsuki Mitchell (2004-2010)
• Sienna Miller (2005)
• Rachel Weisz (December 2010-Present)
Marital Status, Wife and Children
|Wife/Spouse||• Rachel Weisz |
• Fiona Loudon
|Marriage Date||• 22 June 2011 (Rachel Weisz)|
• In 1992 and divorced in 1994 (Fiona Loudon)
Daughter- Ella Craig
|School||• Primary school in Frodsham|
• Holy Trinity Primary School, Hoylake.
• Hilbre High School, nearby West Kirby
• Calday Grange Grammar School
|College/University||Guildhall School of Music and Drama, London|
|Brands Endorsed||• OMEGA watches (2010)|
|Career Manager||Not Available|
Height, Weight, and Figure Measurements
|Height (Approx.)||in centimeters- 178 cm|
in meters- 1.78 m
in feet inches- 5’10”
|Weight (Approx.)||in kilograms- 78 kg|
in pounds- 172 lbs
|Chest Size||46 Inches|
|Biceps Size||15 Inches|
|Waist Size||32 Inches|
Extra Ordinary Features
|Race / Ethnicity||White|
|Dress Size||Not Available|
|Shoe Size||Not Available|
|Favorite Band||An Evening With|
|Favorite Previous Bond Actor||Sean Connery|
|Favorite Bond Film||From Russia with Love|
Daniel Wroughton Craig was born in Chester. His mother, Carol Olivia, was an art teacher, and his father, Timothy John Wroughton Craig, was a midshipman in the Merchant Navy before converting the landlord of two Cheshire pubs: the Ring o’ Bells in Frodsham and the Boot Inn in Tarporley.
Craig is of English, Welsh, and distant French Huguenot ancestry. He adds Huguenot minister Daniel Chamier among his predecessors alongside Sir William Burnaby, 1st Baronet. His middle name, Wroughton, proceeds from his great-great-grandmother, Grace Matilda Wroughton.
Craig was built originally on the Wirral Peninsula and attended primary school in Frodsham and Hoylake, Merseyside. After losing his eleven-plus exam, he later joined Hilbre High School in West Kirby, Merseyside, along with his elder sister Lea (born 1965).
When his parents divorced, Craig and his sister resided with their mother and moved to Liverpool. Upon completing his compulsory secondary school education at the age of 16, he quickly followed Calday Grange Grammar School as a sixth form student.
He played rugby union for Hoylake RFC. He started acting in school plays at the age of six and was introduced to serious acting by joining Liverpool’s Everyman Theatre with his mother. At the age of 16, he was admitted into the National Youth Theatre, he left school and went to London, where he worked part-time in restaurants to finance his training.
Later, after multiple tries at auditioning for drama schools, he was affirmed at the Guildhall School of Music and Drama, graduating in 1991 after three years of study under Colin McCormack.
In 1992, Craig married actress Fiona Loudon; they had a daughter named Ella before divorcing in 1994. He later began a relationship with German actress Heike Makatsch, which lasted for seven years before ending in 2004. He consequently dated and was engaged to film producer Satsuki Mitchell from 2005 until 2010.
Craig and actress Rachel Weisz had been friends for several years and worked together on the 2011 film Dream House. They began dating in December 2010.
They were married in a private ceremony in New York City on 22 June 2011 with only four guests in attendance, including Craig’s daughter and Weisz’s son. It was reported on 1 September 2018 that their first child together, a daughter, had been born.
- Simon Cowell Bio, Age, Height, Wife, Son, Net Worth, TV Shows & Wiki
- Emily Blunt Bio, Age, Height, Husband, Kids, Net Worth, Movies & Wiki
Daniel Craig Net Worth And Salary
Daniel Craig is an English actor who has a net worth of $160 million.
|Estimated Net Worth in 2022 (Approx)||$160 Million|
|Estimated Net Worth in 2021 (Approx)||Under Review|
|Salary||• Casino Royale: $3.2 million|
• Quantum of Solace: $7.2 million
• Skyfall: $20 million base ($17 million base, $3 million bonuses)
• Spectre: $30 million ($25 million base)
• No Time To Die: $25 million (base)
• Total= $85.4 million
After adjusting for inflation, Craig’s first four Bond films, which were delivered by Sony, earned a combined gross of $3.5 billion globally.
In October 2008, Craig paid £4 million for an apartment in a converted old house in the Primrose Hill area of London. He also has homes in the Tribeca neighborhood of New York City and Sunninghill, Berkshire.
Daniel Craig Movies And TV Shows
- He began his career on a hopeful note, making his debut with the coming-of-age drama ‘The Power of One’ in 1992. The film had him performing the character of an Afrikaner soldier.
- Subsequently, he acted in a number of films, including ‘Sharpe’s Eagle,’ ‘A Kid in King Arthur’s Court,’ ‘Kiss and Tell,’ and so on.
- He made his television introduction in 1993 with the series ‘Zorro,’ in which he worked in two episodes.
- Following this, he performed guest performances in a number of TV series, including ‘Drop the Dead Donkey,’ ‘The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles,’ ‘Between the Lines,’ ‘Heartbeat,’ and ‘Screen Two.’
- His biggest breakthrough came in 1996 with the television series ‘Our Friends in the North.’ The hugely successful television series helped him gain a favorable image amongst the critics, who lauded his acting abilities.
- Eventually, he grew known as an s*x symbol. People mostly admired him for his looks and hot body rather than his acting skills. With a keenness to turn the tables, he attempted into films and television series of different genres.
- The year 1998 became his most prosperous year career-wise as almost all of his films did well critically. The year started with the release of the biopic ‘Love is the Devil.’ Though the film opened to mixed reviews, it earned him much critical acclaim for his artistic skills.
- After a successful outing in ‘Love is the Devil,’ he starred in a historical biopic titled ‘Elizabeth,’ which released in 1998. The movie was widely praised for its excellent narration and perfect portrayal of the character of a Jesuit priest.
- He continued performing in successful films and went on to act in the World War I saga, ‘The Trench.’ The movie, which became a blockbuster hit, provided him to showcase his skill as an actor.
- After his successful outing in ‘The Trench,’ he went on to appear in films like ‘Some Voices,’ ‘Hotel Splendide,’ and ‘I Dreamed of Africa.’
- His ascending career graph met with a jolting blow when his next film, ‘Lara Croft: Tomb Raider,’ where he was paired opposite Angelina Jolie, earned negative reviews from critics. However, the blow did not last long as he bounced back by playing an influential performance in the super hit film ‘Road to Perdition.’ The film was responsible for renewing his stardom.
- Riding on his renewed success, he came up with a powerful appearance in ‘The Mother’ which was followed by another power-packed performance in the violent crime thriller, ‘Layer Cake.’ He then played the character of ‘Joe’ in the film ‘Enduring Love.’
- His successful stint in films continued throughout 2005 as he worked in the blockbuster movie ‘The Jacket.’ He then performed in Steven Spielberg’s ‘Munich.’ While his movies made him a regular news feature, it was the official announcement of his role as the next ‘007’ that created a stir.
- His election as the next ‘James Bond’ created a controversy amongst people in the film fraternity and audience who criticized the choice. Despite the criticism, he received the responsibilities and chose to star as the next ‘James Bond,’ succeeding Pierce Brosnan.
- On November 14, 2006, he proved his critics wrong by delivering a powerful performance in his first ‘Bond’ film. The movie ‘Casino Royale’ became a blockbuster hit, garnering $594 million at the box office, the highest ever by a ‘Bond’ film at the time. His performance was highly acclaimed and even earned him a couple of nominations in the ‘Best Actor’ category.
- Following the ‘Bond’ film, he starred in a couple of other films, including ‘Infamous,’ ‘The Invasion,’ ‘The Golden Compass,’6 and ‘Flashbacks of a Fool.’ In ‘Renaissance,’ he voiced a character named Barthélémy Karas. However, none of these films worked in his favor.
- His tough luck finished with the release of his second ‘Bond’ film, ‘Quantum of Solace.’ The movie was enjoyed, but it could not replicate the success of ‘Casino Royale.’ However, it did earn him a couple of nominations.
- Not letting the ‘Bond’ image dominate his acting career, he starred in other films, such as ‘Defiance,’ ‘Cowboys & Aliens,’ ‘Dream House,’ ‘The Adventures of Tintin,’ and ‘The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo.’
- In 2012, he was seen reprising his performance as ‘James Bond’ in his next outing titled ‘Skyfall.’ The movie surpassed all the 22 ‘Bond’ films delivered earlier in terms of positive reception and box office collection. The film crossed the $1 billion mark at the box office, ultimately becoming the seventh-highest-grossing film of all time and the highest-grossing film in the ‘Bond’ series.
- Soon after, he appeared in his fourth ‘Bond’ film ‘Spectre’ which was directed by Sam Mendes, who was the director of the previous ‘Bond’ movie ‘Skyfall.’ The director-actor duo tried to recreate the magic and was moderately successful. The movie opened to mixed reviews and was a commercial success.
- He then appeared in an uncredited cameo as ‘Stormtrooper’ in the movie ‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens’ (2015). In 2017, he appeared in the critically acclaimed heist comedy ‘Logan Lucky.’ He also appeared in ‘Kings,’ which failed at the box-office and garnered poor reviews from critics.
- He was signed to reprise his role as ‘James Bond’ in the 25th installment of the ‘Bond’ series ‘No Time to Die.’ By signing the movie, he became the third-longest serving ‘Bond’ after Roger Moore (seven movies) and Sean Connery (six movies).
- He has also voiced the character of ‘James Bond’ in several video games, such as ‘GoldenEye 007’ and ‘James Bond 007: Blood Stone,’ performed on platforms, such as ‘Nintendo 64,’ ‘Xbox 360,’ ‘PlayStation 3,’ ‘Nintendo DS,’ and ‘Microsoft Windows.’
- He made his Broadway introduction alongside Hugh Jackman in the drama ‘A Steady Rain’ at the ‘Gerald Schoenfeld Theatre.’ He again appeared in a Broadway play alongside his wife Rachel Weisz in ‘Betrayal’ at the ‘Ethel Barrymore Theatre.’
|1992||The Power of One|
|1995||A Kid in King Arthur's Court|
|1998||Love and Rage|
I Dreamed of Africa
|2001||Lara Croft: Tomb Raider|
|2002||Ten Minutes Older: The Cello|
Road to Perdition
The Golden Compass
|2008||Flashbacks of a Fool|
Quantum of Solace
Cowboys & Aliens
The Adventures of Tintin
The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
Star Wars: The Force Awakens
|2020||No Time to Die|
TV Shows & Serials List
Drop the Dead Donkey
The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles
Between the Lines
|1996||Our Friends in the North|
Tales from the Crypt
Kiss and Tell
The Fortunes and Misfortunes of Moll Flanders
The Ice House
|1998||Love Is the Devil: Study for a Portrait of Francis Bacon|
|1999||Shockers: The Visitor|
|2001|| Sword of Honour|
|2012||Saturday Night Live|
|2014||Superheroes Unite for BBC Children in Need|
|2020||Saturday Night Live|
Facts About Daniel Craig
- He began acting when he was six through school plays.
- Daniel follows Liverpool F.C.
- He paid £4 million for an apartment in Primrose Hill near Regent’s Park, London in October 2008.
- On 6 October 2012, he hosted the American late-night live television sketch comedy Saturday Night Live.
- Since 2006, he is operating James Bond’s character in the movies.
- He was promised by Eon Productions to perform Bond in the Hollywood films in 2005.
- Craig became the seventh actor to perform in the James Bond franchise after replacing Pierce Brosnan.
- Like Bond, he has also performed a guest appearance in the opening ceremony of the London 2012 Olympic Games, alongside Queen Elizabeth II.
- Casino Royale (2006), Quantum of Solace (2008) and Skyfall (2012) is Craig first, second and third film as James Bond.
- His voice and picture have been featured in many video games as well. E.g. GoldenEye 007 (2010), 007 Quantum of Solace (2008), 007 Legends (2012), etc.
- In 2011, he announced that he will never enter social networking sites like Facebook or Twitter as they make people disconnected and keeps the people far away from spending time together in person.
Who will replace Daniel Craig?
James Norton is reportedly the front runner to be the next James Bond. The 34-year-old actor is believed to be in the running to take on the iconic 007 roles after Daniel Craig departs from the long-running movie franchise following the release of No Time To Die in April this year.
How many bonds has Daniel Craig done?
Bond producers announced Craig had signed on for two future Bond films, meaning he would appear as 007 in at least five films, making him the third-longest-serving Bond after Roger Moore, who starred in seven Bond films, and Sean Connery who starred in six EON Bond films and one non-EON Bond film.
What languages does Daniel Craig speak?
Daniel Craig, the James Bond star, has a killer British accent, but does he speak Russian as well? Yes, he does somewhat. Daniel learned how to speak some Russian for his role in the movie Defiance, even though he speaks English with a Russian accent for most of the movie.
Will Idris Elba be the next James Bond?
The odds of Idris Elba taking on the 007 mantles have increased with the Star Trek Beyond actor now having a 10/1 shot in the betting to play the next James Bond.