Bryce Dallas Howard is an American film actress, director, and writer. She didn’t wish to be an actress in childhood but a criminological anthropologist. Howard appeared first in her father’s film, ‘The Parenthood’ (1989). A few years later, she sharpened her acting skills at Tisch School of the arts and received many characters in her school’s productions. She never saw back after that and soon started on a journey to stardom. Howard’s most prominent break began with Twilight Series where she performed the role of Victoria.
Her other movies which got her accolades were ‘Spiderman3’, ‘The Help’, and ‘Terminator salvation.’ Although many of her films blasted at the box-office she earned critical acclaim for her performances. Bryce is an avid reader since childhood and was strongly affected by the theory of existentialism in her later teenage days. Howard has also worked for her hands at direction, screenplay, and production lately.
|Birth Name||Bryce Dallas Howard|
|Age||(as in 2020) 39 Years|
|Sun Sign/Zodiac Sign||Pisces|
|Birth Place||Los Angeles, California, US|
|Date of Birth||02 March 1981|
|Home Town||Los Angeles, California, US|
|Mother's Name||Cheryl Howard Crew (née Alley; Writer)|
|Father's Name||Ron Howard (Actor – Director)|
|Brother||Reed Cross Howard (Younger)|
|Sister||• Jocelyn Carlyle Howard (Younger)|
• Paige Carlyle Howard (Younger)
|Others||• Rance Howard (Grandfather)|
• Jean Speegle Howard (Grandmother)
• Clint Howard (Uncle)
• Henry Winkler (Godfather)
Marital Status, Husband and Children
|Marriage Date||17 June 2006|
|Children||Son- Norman Howard-Gabel (born on February 16, 2007)|
Daughter- Beatrice Jean Howard-Gabel (born on January 19, 2012)
|School||Stagedoor Manor, New York|
|College/University||Tisch School of the Arts at New York University|
|Profession||Actress, Writer, Director|
|Brands Endorsed||Kate Spade (purse designer)|
|Career Manager||International Creative Management|
Height, Weight, and Figure Measurements
|Height (Approx.)||in centimeters- 170 cm|
in meters- 1.70 m
in feet inches- 5’ 7”
|Weight (Approx.)||in kilograms- 63 kg|
in pounds- 139 lbs
|Breast Size||35 Inches|
|Hips Size||36 Inches|
|Waist Size||24 Inches|
Extra Ordinary Features
|Race / Ethnicity||White|
|Dress Size||4 (US) or 36 (EU) or 8 (UK)|
|Shoe Size||10 (US)|
Howard was born March 2, 1981, in Los Angeles, California, to writer Cheryl Howard and actor-director Ron Howard, She has two younger sisters, twins Jocelyn and Paige, and a younger brother called Reed. Through her father, she is a granddaughter of actors Rance Howard and Jean Speegle Howard as well as a niece of actor Clint Howard. Her godfather is actor Henry Winkler, who co-starred on Happy Days with her father.
All of the Howard children were raised away from the world of show business. Their parents did not allow them access to television and instead encouraged outdoor activities and hobbies. At the age of seven, however, she was allowed to be an extra in her father’s movies.
In an appearance on Watch What Happens Live with Andy Cohen in 2017, she mentioned that she and her siblings were babysat by family friend Tom Cruise on several occasions. She was raised in Westchester County, New York, and on a farm in Greenwich, Connecticut.
Howard attended Stagedoor Manor, an operating arts camp in upstate New York, with actress Natalie Portman. After attending Greenwich Country Day School until 1996 and then graduating from Byram Hills High School in 1999, Howard studied at New York University’s (NYU) Tisch School of the Arts for three years, during which time she also attended the Stella Adler Conservatory, The Experimental Wing, and International Theatre Wing in Amsterdam.
During her schooling, she took part in the idea recording of the Broadway-bound musical A Tale of Two Cities. She left New York University without completing her degree. Decades later, she returned and completed her degree in 2020.
Howard is also an alumna of the Steppenwolf Theatre Company’s School at Steppenwolf in Chicago, and of The Actors Center in New York City. During her time in New York, Howard was also a member of downtown theater company Theater Mitu, in residence at New York Theatre Workshop, who are known for their research of theatrical forms.
Bryce Dallas Howard Net Worth
Bryce Dallas Howard has a net worth of $25 million.
|Estimated Net Worth in 2019 (Approx)||$25 Million|
|Estimated Net Worth in 2018(Approx)||Under Review|
|Annual Salary||Under Review|
|Income Source||Actress, Writer, Director|
Bryce Dallas Howard Movies And TV Shows
- In 2004, she debuted in ‘Book of Love’ conducted by Alan Brown, which was about a young woman who came for a lonely teenage boy, thereby damaging her marriage. It didn’t get a good response from the audience and critics.
- In the same year, she got her important breakthrough play as a female lead in Manoj N Shyamalan’s fantasy thriller ‘The Village’. Her performance was praised by the critics and the film did well commercially.
- In 2005, she was cast by Lars Von Trier for the sequel to Dogville (2003), ‘Manderlay’, substituting Nicole Kidman as Grace Mulligan. Though it was a failure at the box office, it was screened at the 2005 Cannes Film Festival.
- In 2006, she joined with Manoj N. Shyamalan for a fantasy film, ‘Lady in the Water’, acting as a nymph. It did not do well at the box office and accumulated mixed responses from the audience.
- In late 2006, she wrote and directed a short film, ‘Orchids’ as a part of Glamour magazine’s ‘Reel Moments’ series, funded by Cartier and Film Aid.
- In June 2008, she followed Charlotte Gainsbourg as Kate Connor and was cast in ‘Terminator Salvation’. Although the film did not get critical acclaim, it was a major commercial success.
- In 2009, she performed the lead character in ‘The loss of a teardrop diamond’, which was based on Tennessee William’s long-forgotten screenplay of 1957. It did not play at many theatres and earned mostly negative reception.
- In October 2010, she emerged in Clint Eastwood’s, ‘Hereafter’, which earned mixed reviews from critics but was a box office success.
- In 2011, she did ‘The help’, an American drama film adaptation of the novel of a similar name by Katherine Stockett (2009). This year also saw her skills as a director and producer. She co-produced ‘Restless’ with her father and directed and co-wrote the screenplay of a film called, ‘The Originals’.
- She is currently serving on a segment ‘Five More’ as a director. Its release date has not been finalized yet.
|2000||How the Grinch Stole Christmas|
|2001||A Beautiful Mind|
|2004||Book of Love|
|2006||As You Like It|
Lady in the Water
The Loss of a Teardrop Diamond
|2010||The Twilight Saga: Eclipse|
|2012||The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn – Part 2|
|2016 ||Pete's Dragon|
|2018||Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom|
|2019||A Dog's Way Home|
|2021||Jurassic World: Dominion|
TV Shows & Serials List
|2013||Call Me Crazy: A Five Film|
|2014||HitRecord on TV|
- Tom Cruise used to babysit Bryce and her siblings. She published this on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno.
- For Spider-Man 3 (2007), she colored her hair blonde and even did many of her action series on her own, despite being five months pregnant (she was unaware of her pregnancy).
- She has never drunk alcohol in her life.
- Natalie Portman and Jake Gyllenhaal are Bryce’s close friends. Her good friends include Jason Ritter, Marianna Palka, Tobey Maguire, Kirsten Dunst, Xavier Samuel, and Topher Grace.
- Bryce took piano classes for her role in The Loss of a Teardrop Diamond (2008).
- She became a vegan for over three years, but after pregnancy, she began eating meat due to her medical condition.
- Apart from acting, she loves playing basketball.
- She got the MTV Movie Award for Best Fight for The Twilight Saga: Eclipse in 2010.
- She has been nominated for several awards and has gained many awards for Best Ensemble and Best Cast.
- She played park employment manager Claire Dearing in the 2015 movie Jurassic World.
Did Bryce Dallas Howard Have A Baby?
They Had Planned To Start A Family Together In Their 30S; However, Seven Days After Their Wedding, She Realized That She Was Expecting Their First Child. Howard Gave Birth To Their Child, A Son Selected Theodore, Nicknamed Theo, In 2007.
Which Episode Of The Mandalorian Did Bryce Dallas Howard Direct?
After Deborah Chow’s Celebrated Directorial Turn With The Mandalorian Episode 3, Bryce Dallas Howard Is The Next Woman To Direct A Star Wars With The Mandalorian Episode 4. Don’t Let That Come As A Surprise To You, Though.
Was Bryce Dallas Howard In A Beautiful Mind?
There Is A Cameo Of Bryce Dallas Howard As Harvard Student For Few Seconds. She Also Acted In Marvel Comic Character Gwen Stacy In Spider-man 3 (2007).
Did Bryce Dallas Howard Direct Mandalorian?
Bryce Dallas Howard Shrieked When She First Saw The Mandalorian’s Baby Yoda. But She’s Also Now The Second-ever Woman To Direct A Star Wars Story, Making Her Television Directing Debut With Episode Four Of Disney+’s The Mandalorian.