Robin Wright is an American actress and director famously identified for her achievements in movies like ‘Message in a Bottle,’ ‘Forrest Gump,’ and ‘Unbreakable.’ She is also known for playing ‘Kelly Capwell’ in the popular television series ‘Santa Barbara.’ Born to highly succeeded parents in Texas, she was a bright and positive young girl during her rising up days. Her good looks, self-confidence, and want to be famous led her to apply for modeling assignments as a teenager. At just 14, she began her professional career, working as a model, and traveling around the world. Even though she realized early in her life that she wanted to make a name for herself in the show business, she returned to school to graduate. Upon graduation, she embarked on her ambition of making it big as an actress.
In spite of not having any formal training in acting, she auditioned for and landed a role in the series ‘Santa Barbara.’ Eventually, her role in the series landed her as a talented actress in the industry. After getting success in television, she went on to prove herself in the movie industry as well. She then attempted her hand at direction and directed 10 episodes of the popular TV series ‘House of Cards.’ Over the course of her career, she has earned a ‘Golden Globe Award’ and several ‘Primetime Emmy Award’ nominations. In addition to being a career-oriented woman, Robin is also a doting mother of two children.
|Birth Name||Robin Gayle Wright|
|Age||(as in 2020) 54 Years|
|Sun Sign/Zodiac Sign||Aries|
|Birth Place||Fort Worth, Dallas, Texas, USA|
|Date of Birth||08 April 1966|
|Home Town||Fort Worth, Dallas, Texas, USA|
|Mother's Name||Virginia Gaston (Cosmetic Saleswoman)|
|Father's Name||Freddie Wright (Pharmaceutical Executive)|
|Affairs/Boyfriends||• Charlie Sheen (1981–1982)|
• Dane Witherspoon (1984–1988)
• Jason Patric (1988)
• Sean Penn (1990–1995, 1996-2009)
• Ben Foster (2011-2015)
Marital Status, Husband and Children
|Husband/Spouse||• Clement Giraudet (m. 2018)|
• Sean Penn (m. 1996–2010)
• Dane Witherspoon (m. 1986–1988)
|Marriage Date||• Clement Giraudet (August 2018)|
• Sean Penn (April 27, 1996)
• Dane Witherspoon (January 1986)
|Children||Daughter- Dylan Frances Penn|
Son- Hopper Jack Penn
|School||La Jolla High School|
Taft High School in California
|Educational Qualification||Not Available|
|Profession||Actress, TV Director|
|Brands Endorsed||Not Available|
|Career Manager||Not Available|
Height, Weight, and Figure Measurements
|Height (Approx.)||in centimeters- 168 cm|
in meters- 1.68 m
in feet inches- 5’6”
|Weight (Approx.)||in kilograms- 60 kg|
in pounds- 132 lbs
|Breast Size||35 Inches|
|Hips Size||36 Inches|
|Waist Size||26 Inches|
Extra Ordinary Features
|Race / Ethnicity||White|
|Dress Size||6 (US) or 38 (EU)|
|Shoe Size||8.5 (US) or 6 (UK) or 39 (EU)|
|Favorite Dish||Chicken pot pie|
|Favorite Sweet||Dark chocolate covered blueberries|
|Favorite Singer||Led Zeppelin|
|Favorite Designers||Ralph Lauren, Gucci, and Stella McCartney|
|Favorite Restaurant||In-N-Out Burger|
Robin Wright was born in Dallas, Texas, on April 8, 1966, but grew up in San Diego, California. The daughter of a pharmaceutical executive and an autonomous executive sales director for Mary Kay cosmetics, Wright was a natural beauty and started modeling at an early age, moving to both Paris and Japan while still in high school.
Wright states she continued modeling mainly for the traveling opportunities it provided: “I think that the whole idea of beauty changes your ability to not only find yourself but to have a healthy sense of your identity. And then I went to Europe and I didn’t want to come home. I loved Europe so much.”
Even though, as a teenager, Wright was selected homecoming queen and had a thriving modeling career, she was really more interested in dancing than being photographed. “I think the beginning of my interest in arts was when I was around 9 or 10 and I began dancing, she states. “I was really satisfied that I was going to go to New York and be onstage in A Chorus Line. Then that idea was sort of assumed from my life because we went to San Diego.”
Robin Wright Net Worth
Robin Wright has a net worth of $65 million dollars.
|Estimated Net Worth in 2019 (Approx)||$65 Million|
|Estimated Net Worth in 2018(Approx)||Under Review|
|Annual Salary||Robin is paid $9 million per year for her work in House Of Cards|
|Income Source||Actress, TV Director|
For her work on House of Cards, Robin is paid $9 million per year. It’s estimated that the settlement was $40 million. Robin is now probably most famous for starring in the popular Netflix political drama “House of Cards” alongside Kevin Spacey.
Robin Wright Movies And TV Shows
- Her modeling agent realized the potential this beautiful and talented girl owned and inspired her to audition for a character in the television series ‘Santa Barbara.’
- Robin had no formal training in acting, but she auditioned and settled the character of ‘Kelly Capwell’ in the popular soap opera ‘Santa Barbara.’ She played the role from 1984 to 1988. This role scored her transition from a model to an actress.
- Her description of ‘Kelly’ caught the consideration of director Rob Reiner who asked her to audition for his new film ‘The Princess Bride’ (1987). She landed the character of ‘Buttercup,’ a pretty damsel in distress, in the fantasy film.
- She performed ‘Jenny Curran’ in the 1994 comedy-drama ‘Forrest Gump’ which was based on a novel of the same name by Winston Groom. Tom Hanks performed the title role in this classic film.
- In 1996, she acted alongside veteran actor Morgan Freeman in the film ‘Moll Flanders’ which turns around the story of a girl living in an orphanage who gets transported to British West Indies.
- She acted opposite Sean Penn and John Travolta in the 1997 film ‘She’s So Lovely’ in which she played a drug addict and alcoholic. In the film, her character is married to a mentally disturbed man.
- She performed ‘Audrey Dunn’ in the superhero drama film ‘Unbreakable’ in 2000. Starring Bruce Willis and
- Samuel Jackson in lead roles, the film turns around the story of a security guard who realizes that he has superpowers.
- She performed as herself in the documentary ‘Searching for Debra Winger’ in which leading actresses discuss the difficulties that they face as women working in the film industry.
- In 2005, she arrived in the two-part mini-series ‘Empire Falls’ which was based on a novel of the same name by Richard Russo. The series was highly successful and won several awards.
- She was part of the collection cast of ‘New York, I love You’ (2008), a romantic comedy-drama anthology of 11 short films. The collection also had Bradley Cooper, Natalie Portman, Chris Cooper, Ethan Hawke, and James Caan.
- She performed ‘Mary Surratt’ in the 2010 film ‘The Conspirator,’ a historical drama about the events following the assassination of Abraham Lincoln. She represented the only female conspirator charged in the assassination.
- In 2013, she began acting in the political television drama ‘House of Cards’ which is about an ambitious politician and his loyal wife who use manipulation and unethical means to achieve political success. The series ran for six seasons and ended in 2018.
- She was part of the ‘Academy Award’ nominated sports drama film ‘Moneyball’ (2011) in which she appeared alongside Brad Pitt. In 2013, she was cast as the unpredictable aging actress in the live-action animated drama ‘The Congress.’
- Two years later, she was part of the major biographical adventure film ‘Everest.’ In 2017, she played ‘General Antiope,’ aunt of ‘Diana,’ who guides and trains her in the superhero film ‘Wonder Woman.’
- The same year, she was also part of the neo-noir science fiction film ‘Blade Runner 2049.’ In 2018, she was cast to reprise her performance as ‘Antiope’ in ‘Wonder Woman 1984,’ which is slated for deliverance in 2020. In 2019, it was announced that Robin would direct and act in the American-British-Canadian drama film ‘Land.’
|1986||Hollywood Vice Squad|
|1987||The Princess Bride|
State of Grace
|1994 ||Forrest Gump|
|1995||The Crossing Guard|
She's So Lovely
|1999 ||Message in a Bottle|
|2000||How to Kill Your Neighbor's Dog|
The Last Castle
|2002||Searching for Debra Winger|
|2003||The Singing Detective|
|2004 ||A Home at the End of the World|
|2006||Breaking and Entering|
|2008||What Just Happened|
New York, I Love You
|2009||State of Play|
The Private Lives of Pippa Lee
A Christmas Carol
|2010 ||The Conspirator|
The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
|2014 ||A Most Wanted Man|
Blade Runner 2049
|2018||André the Giant|
|2020||Wonder Woman 1984|
TV Shows & Serials List
|1983–84 ||The Yellow Rose|
|1984–88||Santa Barbara |
|2013–2018||House of Cards|
- She does not like to watch TV.
- She usually wears Chanel No 5 perfume.
- Wright had received three guitar chords when she was younger.
- Despite her fears of skydiving, Robin needs to try it.
- When Robin was 14, she served as a model in Paris and Japan.
- Robin possesses two oil pumps in Texas, Dallas, USA.
- She is the former daughter-in-law of Eileen Ryan and Leo Penn.
- Robin was ranked among Time Magazine’s 100 Most Influential People in the World in April 2014.
- She supports Raise Hope for Congo campaign.
[wps_faq style=”classic” question=”How Does Robin Wright Stay In Shape?”]In Addition To Weight Training And Horseback Riding, Wright Also Stuck To A Rigorous Diet To Get In Shape For Her Marvel Debut. “We Were Trying To Do 2-3,000 Calories A Day,” She Told Et Online. Raw Oats In Smoothies With Avocado, Whole Milk And Weight-gain Powder, Three Times A Day, She Added.[/wps_faq]
[wps_faq style=”classic” question=”How Old Was Robin Wright In Princess Bride?”]An Iconic Film That Resonated With Children And Adults Alike, The Princess Bride Launched Wright To Stardom; Her Winning Performance As Princess Buttercup Suddenly Transformed Her Into A Bona Fide Film Actor At The Age Of 21.[/wps_faq]
[wps_faq style=”classic” question=”What Does Robin Wright Think Of Kevin Spacey?”]I Didn’t Know The Man, Wright Can Be Seen Saying In An Advance Clip From An NBC Interview That Will Air Later. The Actress Goes On To Describe Spacey As An “Incredible Craftsman. She Added, “Kevin And I Knew Each Other Between ‘Action’ And ‘Cut’ And In Between Set-Ups, Where We Would Giggle.[/wps_faq]
[wps_faq style=”classic” question=”Is Robin Wright Still Married To Sean Penn?”]Penn And Wright, Had A Tumultuous Relationship As They Began Dating In 1989 After Penn’s Divorce From Madonna And Continued An On-and-off Love Affair For Over A Decade. They Tied The Knot In 1996 And Filed For Divorce In 2007 Before Reconciling Shortly After. The Couple Officially Ended Their Marriage In July 2010.[/wps_faq]