Bernd Leno plays goalkeeping for Premier League club Arsenal and the German national team. In addition to playing for the German national team, he also plays for the English Premier League club Arsenal FC. 2009 marked this German goalkeeper’s debut as a professional player with the VfB Stuttgart reserve team. Bayer Leverkusen made his Bundesliga debut against Werder Bremen on his first-team debut. Following Dirk Krussenberg and Heribert Macherey, Leno became the third goalkeeper in Bundesliga history to keep a clean sheet in his first three matches.
Julian Brandt Biography, Age, Height, FIFA, Career, Net Worth & Wiki
On 13 September 2011, he made his Champions League debut against Chelsea FC in the 2011-12 UEFA Champions League group stage at the age of 19 years and 193 days. So, this footballer became the youngest German goalkeeper to play in a Champions League match. Additionally, he made his international debut for the German national team in 2016.
Kai Havertz Biography, Age, Height, Family, Wife, Career, Net Worth & Wiki
Bernd Leno Bio/Wiki
LB presents the Full Story of a Football Genius known as the “Penalty Killer.”Bernd Leno Biography Facts provide a full account of notable events from his childhood to the present day.
His early life, family background, early career life, the road to fame, rise to fame story, relationship, and personal life are examined. In Bietigheim-Bissingen, Germany, Bernd Leno was born on the 4th of March 1992 to his parents, Rosa Leno and Viktor Leno.
Dank to his father, who is half German, half Russian, Bernard Leno’s family is of German-Russian heritage.
Originally from a small town near Stuttgart, Leno grew up with his brother in Bietigheim-Bissingen.
Leno was energetic as a child, according to those who knew him. He channeled these energies into sports. Sports were a passion for every member of the Bernd Leno family. “Football was a big part of my family, my brother and I. We always wanted to play football, to have the ball next to us. Back then, every toy was a football.”
Leno played local games during holidays, especially on “bad pitches,” which didn’t matter to him because he was with friends. After taking up football as a career at the age of 6, he decided to take it seriously. The foundation of Leno’s career was laid when he joined his youth team SV Germania Bietigheim. As soon as he joined the club he began playing as a midfielder.
Leno’s ambition to become a professional wasn’t just a passing fantasy. His steadfastness led him to try out for bigger academies. In 2011, Leno applied to join the VfB Stuttgart youth team and was selected to attend trials. He was one of 200 young players shortlisted for trials in batches.
Leno was one of six players selected by VfB Stuttgart after he convinced their coaches. He was still playing as a midfielder at this time. He did this until he was 10 years old before something led to him becoming a goalkeeper. Leno once narrated an interview with Arsenal FC.
Timo Werner Biography, Age, Height, Family, Religion, Net Worth & Wiki
Bernd Leno Net Worth
How much does he earn?
On June 19th, 2018 the goalkeeper signed a contract with Arsenal that nets him a whopping salary of 5.3 million euros (4.8 Million Pound) per year. We have crunched the numbers, this means he earns €14,481 (£12,581) per day and €603 (£524) per hour!
|Estimated Net Worth in 2022 (Approx)||13 Million Euro (11.3 Million Pound)|
|Estimated Net Worth in 2021 (Approx)||Under Review|
|Annual Salary||€5,300,000 (£4,608,696)|
|Per Month Salary||€441,667 (£384,058)|
|Per Week Salary||€101,923 (£88,629)|
|Per Day Salary||€14,521 (£12,627)|
|Per Hour Salary||€605 (£526)|
|Per Minute Salary||€10 (£9)|
|Market Value||$17.60 Million|
|Highest Market Value||$38.50 Million (Dec 10, 2019)|
|Income Source||Professional Footballer|
An impressive amount of money is in his bank account. Despite still being relatively young, he has been playing professional football for quite some time. Obviously, salaries in the German Bundesliga are not as high as in the English Premier League, but that doesn’t mean that the German has not made his fair share of the money.
Approximately 13 Million Euros (11.3 Million Pounds) is expected to be his net worth. Given that he just made a move, his market value has just been determined to be about $17.60 million. Over the next few years, we expect this figure to remain relatively stable.
In May 2011, Leno extended his contract with VfB Stuttgart until June 2014.
- He was loaned to Bayer Leverkusen until 31 December 2011 on 10 August 2011.
- Leno made his Bundesliga debut against Werder Bremen four days after signing the five-month loan deal.
- After Dirk Krüssenberg and Heribert Macherey, he became the third goalkeeper in Bundesliga history to keep a clean sheet in his first three appearances.
- In the 2011–12 UEFA Champions League group stage, on 13 September 2011, he became the youngest German goalkeeper ever to play in a Champions League match at the age of 19 years and 193 days.
- On 30 November 2011, Leno received a deal that would keep him with Bayer until 2017.
- Having become a regular in the first team, Leno signed an improved contract on 8 November 2013, keeping him at the club until 2018.
- On 14 April 2018, he made his 300th competitive appearance for Leverkusen against Eintracht Frankfurt, winning 4–1.
- Arsenal announced on 19 June 2018 that Leno had signed a five-year contract worth £22.5 million pending ‘the completion of regulatory processes.
- In the Europa League, Leno made his Arsenal debut in the 4–2 victory over Vorskla Poltava. Leno made his Premier League debut in the home victory over Watford, replacing Petr Čech, who picked up an injury in the first half.
- Unai Emery praised his performance, saying “He is working very well with the goalkeeping coaches. I spoke to him and told him the most important thing is when we need him to help us, he should be prepared. He showed that on Wednesday and today too-as well as against Vorskla.
- Three of our goalkeepers are very good. Petr Čech, his performances for us have been very important and his experience. Leno can learn by staying near Petr Čech every day. I am happy about him. It’s his time now.”
- In the 2019–20 season, Leno finished runner-up with 16 percent of the final votes for the Arsenal Player of the Season award. In the round of 32 of the Europa League, he played his 100th match for Arsenal in all competitions in a 3–2 win over Benfica on 25 February 2021.
- He was called up to the senior Germany team for the UEFA Euro 2016 qualifiers against the Republic of Ireland and Georgia in October 2015.
- Later, he was included in his nation’s squad for the final tournament the following summer.
- Leno has been selected for the 2017 FIFA Confederations Cup in Russia.
- In the tournament, he played one game against Australia. Germany named him to their provisional squad for the 2018 FIFA World Cup, but he was not selected for the final 23-man squad.
- The squad for UEFA Euro 2020 was selected on 19 May 2021.
Antonio Rüdiger Biography, Age, Wife, Parents, Career, Net Worth & Wiki
Facts About Bernd Leno
- Born on 4 March 1992 in Bietigheim-Bissingen, Germany, Bernd Leno is a German footballer. As a goalkeeper, he plays for Bayer Leverkusen and the German national team.
- There are many world-class goalkeepers in Germany, and Leno is another one who has impressed everyone with his consistency and reliability.
- After joining the youth team at SV Germania Bietigheim in 2009, Leno became one of the most impressive goalkeepers in the Bundesliga.
- He quickly rose through the ranks and was named to the Germany Under-17, Under-18, Under-19, and Under-21 teams. Leno signed a contract with VfB Stuttgart in May 2011 and began his senior career with the club.
- In October 2015, Leno was called up to the German national team for the Euro 2016 qualifiers. His first match for the national team came against Slovakia during a friendly match in May 2016.
- He conceded two goals until the 46th minute when Marc-André ter Stegen was substituted. This resulted in a 1-3 defeat for Germany.
- The rise of Leno to the top of football has been rapid. He is blessed with a tall body, combined with impressive agility and reach, and is a class act who is consistently improving with every match.
- Bayern Leverkusen plucked Leno from Stuttgart’s reserves on a five-month loan in August 2011 because Rene Adler was injured.
- Leno soon replaced Adler in the team and prepared himself to be a serious contender for the spot occupied by Manuel Neuer and the next in line Marc-André Ter Stegen in the German team.
- In his first three games for Leverkusen in the Bundesliga, he kept a clean sheet, becoming only the third goalkeeper in the league’s history to do so.
- Against Chelsea, he became the youngest goalkeeper to play in the UEFA Champions League.
- As a result of his performances, Adler moved to Hamburg. In November 2011, the club offered him a permanent deal that was extended until 2020.
- In spite of the heaviest hitters of European football, he has consistently proven his worth. In 2017, Leno represented Germany in the Confederations Cup.
- He has had a meteoric rise because of the performances he has given at a young age. Leno conceded 68 goals in 57 games for VfB Stuttgart while playing 15 matches without conceding a goal.
- He conceded 357 goals in 289 appearances at Leverkusen, while he played 96 matches without conceding a goal.
- He has conceded a total of 6 goals in his 6 appearances for the German national team, while he hasn’t conceded a goal in 2 matches.
What footed Leno?
Bernd Leno is 30-years-old, born on 04 March 1992, and is a right-footed professional football player from Germany.
Where is B Leno from?
What age is Bernd Leno?
What height is Leno?
Does Bernd Leno play for Germany?
Bernd Leno (born 4 March 1992) is a German professional footballer who plays as a goalkeeper for Premier League club Arsenal and the Germany national team.