Axl Rose is an American record producer, singer, songwriter, and activist. The lead vocalist of the famous band ‘Guns N’ Roses,’ Axl has been the band’s only steady member since its evolution in 1985. Known for his controversial public personality, Axl is appreciated by millions of fans around the world, while others recognize him to be a misogynistic, maniacal singer who often takes his annoyances out on his band members. Axl Rose is often regarded among the music industry’s most overstated personalities. Much of his observable problems are attributed to his tough childhood. After being kicked out of home, he was apprehended on numerous occasions for public intoxication. He then resolved to mend his ways and became active in Los Angeles’s hard rock scene.
He went on to co-found ‘Guns N’ Roses,’ which became excessively popular in the late-1980s and early-90s. The band’s first album ‘Appetite for Destruction’ became a hit all over the world. Subsequently, the band came up with several hit albums, such as ‘Use Your Illusion I’ and ‘Use Your Illusion II.’ After the conclusion of the band’s ‘Use Your Illusion Tour,’ Axl departed from public life. For the next few years, the band did not tour or execute and no new albums or singles were released. In 2001, Axl resurfaced with new band members, and ‘Guns N’ Roses’ was restored. As a member of ‘Guns N‘ Roses,’ Axl was inaugurated into the ‘Rock and Roll Hall of Fame’ in 2012. He is counted as one of the ‘greatest singers of all time’ by NME and ‘Rolling Stone’ magazine.
|Birth Name||William Bruce Rose Jr.|
|Nick Name||W. Axl Rose|
William Bruce Bailey
|Age||(as in 2020) 58 years|
|Religion||In his early years, his parents would take him to a Pentecostal church.|
|Sun Sign/Zodiac Sign||Aquarius|
|Birth Place||Lafayette, Indiana, United States|
|Date of Birth||6 February 1962|
|Residence||Malibu, California, United States|
|Home Town||Lafayette, Indiana|
|Mother's Name||Sharon Elizabeth|
|Father's Name||Bruce Rose|
|Others||Dale Owen Rose (Paternal Grandfather)|
Mary Mae Rittenhouse (Paternal Grandmother)
Earl Ray Lintner (Maternal Grandfather)
Anna Amelia Rosenbrock (Maternal Grandmother)
|Affairs/Girlfriends||• Sheila Kennedy – Rumor|
• Yvonne Kobayashi – Rumor
• Alycen Rowse – Rumor
• Olivia Williams – Rumor
• Caron Bernstein – Rumor
• Lindi Hingston – Rumor
• Ellen Jabour – Rumor
• Bridgette Monroe – Adult film star Bridget Monroe and Axl Rose had an encounter with each other in the past.
• Gina Sailer (1979-1983) – Astronomer Gina Sailor and Axl Rose dated each other for about 4 years before they separated in 1983.
• Pamela Manning (1983) – Rumor
• Yvonne Simon (1984) – Rumor
• Michelle Young (1985)
• Monique Lewis (1985) – Adult and glamour model, Monique Lewis was in a relationship with Axl in 1985 that didn’t last for more than a year.
• Adriana Smith (1985) – P*rnstar Adriana Smith hooked up with Axl that turned out to be quite a part in Axl’s debut album Appetite for Destruction as during the recording in Manhattan, mic’s were set up on the ground to record Rose and Adrianna who were actually having s*x in the studio and those sounds were put into his song.
• Elle Macpherson (1993) – Rumor
• Jennifer Driver (1994) – Rumor
• Dyan O’Connor (2006) – Rumor
• Deniz Akkaya (2006) – The Turkish model is speculated to have met Axl at the Istanbul, G N’ R show in 2006. However, their relationship was short-lived.
• Kat Mack (2006) – Rumor
• Sasha Volkova (2006-2007) – Rumor
• Lana Del Rey (2012) – Rumor
Marital Status, Wife and Children
|Wife/Spouse||1. Erin Everly|
2. Stephanie Seymour
|Marriage Date||28 April 1990 (with Erin Everly)|
|School||Efferson High School but he stopped going to the school when he found out about his biological father.|
|Educational Qualification||He stopped going to the school when he found out about his biological father.|
|Profession||Singer, Songwriter, Record Producer, Musician|
|Brands Endorsed||Axl Rose has done endorsement work for several brands such as Dr. Pepper (2008) and Budweiser.|
|Career Manager||Live Nation Entertainment, Inc.|
Height, Weight, and Figure Measurements
|Height (Approx.)||in centimeters- 175 cm|
in meters- 1.75 m
in feet inches- 5’ 9”
|Weight (Approx.)||in kilograms- 78 kg|
in pounds- 172 lbs
|Chest Size||40 Inches|
|Hips Size||38 Inches|
|Waist Size||32 Inches|
Extra Ordinary Features
|Race / Ethnicity||White|
|Hair Color||Dark Brown (Natural)|
|Dress Size||Not Known|
|Shoe Size||9 (US)|
|Favourite Singer||Freddie Mercury (Queen)|
|Favourite Books||Stand by Stephen King, James Dean: The Mutant King (David Dalton) and Zodiac by Neal Stephenson|
|Controversies||The controversy led to Guns N' Roses being dropped from the roster of an AIDS benefit show in New York organized by the Gay Men's Health Crisis.|
Axl Rose was born William Bruce Rose Jr. on February 6, 1962, in Lafayette, Indiana, USA, to Sharon Elizabeth and William Bruce Rose. At the time of his birth, his mother and father were 16 and 20 years old respectively. When he was just two years old, his parents separated and his father kidnapped and molested him. His mother married Stephen L. Bailey and changed his name to William Bruce Bailey. He has a younger sister named Amy and a half-brother named Stuart.
He was brought up in a very religious household. His family went to a Pentecostal church and he was asked to attend services anywhere between three to eight times per week. From an early age, he found comfort in music and performed at church services with his half-brother and sister under the name ‘Bailey Trio.’
At the age of 17, he learned of his biological father when he went through old indemnity papers and informally adopted his birth name. Four years later, when he joined the band ‘AXL,’ he was named ‘Axl Rose’ by his bandmates. Due to his troubled past, he had developed a bad boy image. He was arrested on a number of occasions for battery and public intoxication during his early days.
Rose’s personal life has been as rocky as his professional one. In 1990 he married Erin Everly, who later claimed that Rose had shown up at her house, threatening to kill himself with a gun in his car if she wouldn’t marry him. The marriage was annulled in early 1991.
That same year he started dating supermodel Stephanie Seymour. They got engaged in 1993 but split up soon after. Rose sued Seymour, claiming she assaulted him, and Seymour counter-sued, saying he attacked her and she grabbed him in self-defense. The case dragged on, but Rose ultimately settled out of court. Everly was called to testify during the case and filed her own suit against Rose for assault and a s*xual battery. Rose settled this case out of court as well.
Early in his life, Rose was diagnosed as manic-depressive and prescribed lithium, which he has since refused to take. He says he believes in homeopathic medicine and past-life regression. Rose has stated that his past-life regression therapy helped him recover memories of being sexually abused by his biological father at age two.
Axl Rose Net Worth
Axl Rose has a net worth of $200 million.
|Estimated Net Worth in 2019||$200 million|
|Previous Year's Net Worth (2018)||Under Review|
|Annual Salary||Under Review|
|Income Source||Singer, Songwriter, Record Producer, Musician|
Rose was active in the local hard rock scene and played in a number of bands, including Rapidfire, Hollywood Rose and L.A. Guns. He worked odd jobs to make ends meet and even smoked cigarettes for a scientific study at UCLA for $8 per hour (adjusted for inflation that would be equivalent to $20 in 2019).
Between June 2017 and June 2018, Rose earned $20 million from his various endeavors. The majority of his earnings came from touring after the band reunited for the “Not In This Lifetime Tour”. The tour went on to generate more than $430 million worldwide.
Rose owns a home in Malibu, California. According to records, he purchased the 4,333-square-foot residence for $3.6 million in 1992. In 2008 Axl saved several of his neighbor’s houses during a fire that stampeded through the area in the early morning. Knowing that one of his neighbors was out of town, Axl reportedly pushed the house’s gate open and hosed down the property. Opening the gate also made it easier for firefighters to eventually gain access to several nearby houses that were threatened.
Axl Rose Songs, Movies And Tv Shows
- After moving to Los Angeles, he joined the band ‘Rapidfire’ and recorded a demo in 1983. When the group disbanded, he joined ‘L.A. Guns’ before forming ‘Hollywood Rose’ with his friend Izzy Stradlin.
- In 1985, he and former bandmate Tracii Guns formed the band ‘Guns N’ Roses’ by merging ‘Hollywood Rose’ and ‘L.A. Guns.’
- They played at ‘The Troubadour’ and then started appearing more frequently on the L.A. club circuit. This was when they started developing their fan base and attracted major record labels along the way. Just before signing his official contract with ‘Geffen Records’ in 1986, he legally got his name changed to W. Axl Rose
- In 1987, the band released their debut album ‘Appetite for Destruction’ which became a huge success despite its slow start.
- Their fan base expanded so quickly that in 1988, during the ‘Monsters of Rock’ festival in England, two fans were crushed to death when the crowd began dancing to their hit single ‘It’s So Easy.’ From then on, Rose made it a point to request his fans to calm down. He has even halted the shows on a number of occasions to pacify the audience.
- In 1988, they released the album ‘G N’ R Lies’ which became extremely popular. However, it was also severely criticized for promoting homophobic attitude and prejudiced sentiments through the song ‘One in a Million.’
- By 1989, ‘Guns N’ Roses’ had become one of the most popular bands in the world of rock music. The same year, he appeared solo on the cover of the prestigious ‘Rolling Stone’ magazine.
- In 1990, the band was to record a follow-up of their debut album. However, the recording process was slowed down considerably due to band member Steven Adler’s struggle with drug abuse. As a result, Adler was fired and replaced by Matt Sorum. Meanwhile, Dizzy Reed also joined the band.
- Despite not having an album to promote in 1991, the band embarked on a two-and-a-half-year tour titled ‘Use Your Illusion Tour.’ Rose faced criticism from audiences and critics due to his late starts or on-stage antics. The same year, the band released two albums, ‘Use Your Illusion I’ and ‘Use Your Illusion II.’
- The final show of the ‘Use Your Illusion Tour’ took place on July 17, 1993, in Buenos Aires. The show turned out to be Rose’s last performance with the band for the next seven-and-a-half years. In November the same year, the band released ‘The Spaghetti Incident?’ which was not very successful, unlike their previous albums.
- Throughout the 1990s, he remained a recluse and did not appear in the public. Although the group never disbanded, they did not release any new material in the ‘90s.
- In 2001, he was seen at ‘Rock in Rio 3’ with a new lineup of musicians. He had fired all his previous band members without even consulting them and for ‘no reason.’
- He once again disappeared from the public but not for long. In 2004, he lent his voice for the popular video game ‘Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas.’
- In 2006, the band, which now had new members, went on a tour and continued to tour the subsequent year as well.
- ‘Guns N’ Roses’ finally released ‘Chinese Democracy’ on November 23, 2008, 15 years after their last album. For the next few years, the band toured America, Europe, and Australia. They were also seen in ‘Rock in Rio 4.’
- Apart from being a constant member of ‘Guns N’ Roses,’ Axl has also toured with the popular Australian rock band ‘AC/DC.’
|1988||The Dead Pool|
|2004 game)||Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas (video|
TV Shows & Serials List
|2018||New Looney Tunes |
|1987||Appetite for Destruction|
|1988||G N' R Lies|
|1991||Use Your Illusion I|
|1991||Use Your Illusion II|
|1993||"The Spaghetti Incident?"|
|2004||The Roots of Guns N' Roses|
|2014||Ready to Rumble EP|
- When Axl was born, his mother was 16, and father Bruce was 20 years old. At the time of his birth, Axl’s mother was still a high school student.
- At the age of 2, Axl was kidnapped and molested by his own father after his parents got divorced.
- It was believed that Axl was suffering from an abnormal condition called psychosis.
- Rose’s birth was not something his teenage parents had planned off.
- Axl’s stepfather would also physically abuse him, his mother, his step-brother, and s*xually abuse his step-sister.
- Axl began developing his vocal skills at a very young age at a church that his parents would visit every Sunday.
- There, it was where his first group started called the “Bailey Trio.”
- In October 1990, Rose was strongly affected due to a miscarriage that Erin Everly had suffered.
- In the early months of the 1990s, Axl started undergoing homeopathic treatment to help him uncover his memories from the past.
- A couple of years after Axl’s father left him and his mother in 1964, his mother married Stephen L. Bailey and his name was changed to William Bruce Bailey.
- Until the age of 17, Axl did not know who was his biological father. However, he never got the chance to meet him as his father was murdered by a criminal friend of his in 1984 in Marion, Illinois and his body was never recovered.
- Due to his band Guns N’ Roses, Axl Rose has associated with legends such as Slash, Izzy Stradlin, Duff McKagan, and Steven Adler.
- After William had found out about his biological father, he decided to change his name to William Rose.
- William Axl Rose has been arrested more than 30 times for public drunkenness as well as several other offenses. He received a final warning from the police which prompted him to shift to Los Angeles in December 1982.
- He later formed a band by the name of AXL and with his friend’s suggestion, he legally changed his name to W. Axl Rose.
- The s*x sounds in Axl’s debut album Appetite for Destruction were real.
- In order to ease his struggling music succession, Rose began working as a night manager at the Tower Records on Sunset Boulevard.
- Axl and his childhood friend Izzy Stradlin began smoking cigarettes for scientific research that was being conducted by UCLA and they were being paid $8 every hour.
- In March 1985, he, along with former band member Tracii Guns, formed the legendary band Guns N’ Roses.
- The title name Guns N’ Roses came from Axl’s band Hollywood Rose and Tracii Guns’s band L.A. Guns.
- In 1986, he signed up with Geffen Records.
- In July 1987, the band Guns N’ Roses released their first album titled Appetite for Destruction which charted at #1 spot on the Billboard 200 listing in August 1988 and then again, in the following year, in February 1989.
- In the first year of their album launch of Appetite for Destruction, more than 5,00,000 copies were sold in the first year. Overall, the album has sold over 30 million copies worldwide to date, which made it the all-time best-selling debut album in the United States.
- In 1988, after 2 people were crushed to death at Guns N’ Roses’ performance at Monsters of Rock festival in Castle Donington, England, Rose began to be popularly known to stop concerts to address and instruct troublesome fans and security to be in control.
- With the launch of their second hit album G N’ R Lies in 1988, Rose was accused of promoting antiblack and homophobic lines in his song One In a Million.
- In August 1989, Rose had made such a striking image as rock music’s greatest frontman that he got featured on the cover of The Rolling Stones Magazine.
- In 1990, Rose fired his drummer Steven Adler for the abuse of drugs.
- Due to the controversial events that occurred at the concert of Use your Illusion tour in May 1991, the band started to get a bad name and caused 2500-people-riot that caused total damage of $200,000.
- In 1992, the controversy on his song One In a Million about gay men led to his music group not being featured on an AIDS benefit show in New York that was organized by the Gay Men’s Health Crisis.
- Rose was known as one of the finest hard rock singers of the 90s and certainly the most charming.
- In November 1992, Axl Rose was sentenced and put on probation for 2 years for assault and property damage following his failure to perform at the Montreal’s Olympic Stadium, which led to property damage of $400,000.
- From 1994 to 2000, Rose’s band Guns N’ Roses were on a break.
- In August 1993, a lawsuit for illegal firing was filed against Axl Rose by his former drummer Steven Adler, which ultimately Rose lost. Axl had to pay him $2,500,000 and 15% of the total royalties of the recordings recorded and released when Steven and Axl were together.
- Axl’s mother, Sharon E. Bailey died on May 28, 1996.
- In November 1993, Rose had featured a secret track called Look at Your Game, Girl which was written by a convicted murderer Charles Manson.
- On July 17, 1993, Rose played his last live show with the band in Buenos Aries and took a break for more than 7 years.
- In 1997, all the original musicians of the group had left due to their indifference to Rose’s decision of hiring his childhood friend Paul Tobias in place of his guitarist Gilby Clarke.
- In 1998, Axl was arrested for threatening airport security for checking his bags.
- In 2004, he did voiceover work for the hit game Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas.
- Rose had refused to let the director of Black Hawk Down use his song “Welcome to the Jungle”.
- In 2005, Guns N’ Roses band members Slash and Duff McKagan filed a lawsuit against Rose for $1 million claiming that he was the sole owner of the group’s copyrights.
- In the past, Axl and former band members teamed up to file a case against their record company ‘Geffen’ for not releasing their greatest hits compilation album.
- He was enlisted as a member of Guns N’ Roses into the Hall of Fame for Rock and Roll in 2012.
- In 2012, Axl was mugged by thieves, who stole his jewelry worth $200,000 while walking down a street in Paris.
- During his induction to the Hall of Fame, Axl did not attend the ceremony. Instead, he wrote a letter to the studio telling them that he won’t be able to make it.
- In April 2015, Axl Rose sent a letter to the Indonesian President requesting him to stop the execution of the Bali Nine for smuggling A$4 million worth of drugs into Australia. However, he received no response and the execution was carried out; 2 were executed whilst the rest were sentenced to 20 years of confinement.
- In 2016, Axl performed, at Los Angeles as the band reunified, in a wheelchair as he had broken his foot during a warm-up session for the Guns N’ Roses tour.
- In May 2018, Guns N’ Roses staged the most anticipated live concert of all time, and surprisingly, it was their highest-grossing tour.
Is Axl Rose Still Married?
In 1990 He Married Erin Everly, Who Later Claimed That Rose Had Shown Up At Her House, Threatening To Kill Himself With A Gun In His Car If She Wouldn’t Marry Him. The Marriage Was Annulled In Early 1991. The Case Dragged On, But Rose Ultimately Settled Out Of Court.
Why Did Buckethead Leave Guns N Roses?
Enigmatic Masked Guitarist Buckethead Has Left Guns N’ Roses After Four Years Of Service. According To Reports, Buckethead, Whose Name Refers To The Inverted Kentucky Fried Chicken Tub He Wears On His Noggin, Had Grown Tired Of Idle Time Spent In The Troubled Gn’r, Which Hasn’t Released A New Album In A Decade.
Who Is Axl Rose Dating Now?
Axl Rose Is Dating Lana Del Rey – Rolling Stone. The Best In Culture From A Cultural Icon.
Is Axl Rose Sick?
Axl Rose Speaks Out After Becoming “Severely Ill” During Guns N’ Roses Show. Axl Rose Has Spoken Out On His Condition After Guns N’ Roses Were Forced To Abandon Their Show In Dubai Last Weekend Due To The Frontman Becoming “Severely Ill” With A Stomach Upset.
Is Axl Rose Religious?
Axl Grew Up In A Very Religious Household. He Went To Three To Eight Services At A Pentecostal Church, Every Week And Even Taught Sunday School.