Donald Glover, better known by his stage names Childish Gambino and mcDJ, is a versatile writer, actor, singer, comedian, filmmaker, and producer. He is best known for the series Atlanta which earned him 2 Golden Globe Awards and two Prime Time Awards. The series was a commercial success and Glover gained a lot of critical claims for his writing, directing, producing, and acting in the series. Glover’s work includes Magic Mike XXL in 2015, Spider-Man: Homecoming in 2017, and The Martian in 2015. In the famous movie Solo: A Star Wars Story he played the role of young Lando Calrissian, and in a movie adaptation of The Lion King, Glover offered the voice of Simba in 2019.
Glover joined the writing team of the NBC sitcom 30 Rock in 2006, while still staying in the NYU dormitories, just at age of 23, for which he got a Writers Guild of America nomination in 2009. He had many cameos in front of the camera and was later recognized as an executive story editor. He departed 30 Rock in 2009 to star opposite Joel McHale and Chevy Chase in the comedy series Community, in which he portrayed an athlete in an unusual study group.
Donald Glover Bio Wiki
Glover was born on the 25th of September 1983 in California’s Edwards Air Force Base and grew up in Stone Mountain, Georgia. His mom, Beverly, managed a childcare facility, and Donald Glover, his dad, is a mail carrier. Stephen Glover, his younger brother, is also a filmmaker and screenwriter.
Glover went to Lakeside High School and DeKalb School of the Arts. Following that he attended the Tisch School of Arts at New York University to earn a degree in Dramatic Writing and graduated from NYU in 2006. He self-produced the unofficial mixtape The Younger I Get while still at Tisch, which was never published and eventually repudiated by Glover as being the too-raw ranting of a decrepit Drake. Under the pseudonym mcDJ (formerly MC D), he began DJing and creating electronic music, remixing the album Illinois by Sufjan Stevens.
Glover was recruited as a writer for the NBC comedy 30 Rock at the age of 23 after working on Derrick Comedy while attending New York University. From 2009 until 2014, he was most known for his role as Troy Barnes, a college student on the NBC comedy Community. Glover has starred in the FX series Atlanta, which he developed and occasionally directs, since 2016. Glover has received several awards for his performance on Atlanta, including two Primetime Emmy Awards and two Golden Globe Awards.
Glover has been in numerous popular films, such As the Lazarus Effect, a paranormal horror film released in 2015. The same year he was part of Magic Mike XXL, a parody released in 2015, as well as The Martian, a science fiction picture released in 2015. In 2017, He starred as Aaron Davis in the 2017 superhero picture Spider-Man: Homecoming.
Donald starred as Lando Calrissian in the 2018 Star Wars space western film Solo: A Star Wars Story. In 2019, he also performed the voice of adult Simba in Disney’s The Lion King. Glover was the director, actor, and producer of the short film Guava Island in 2019.
After releasing several independently produced albums and soundtracks, Donald signed with Glassnote Records in 2011, and in the same year released his debut studio album, Camp.In 2013, he released his second album, Because of the Internet.
Donald’s third album, Awaken, My Love! was released in 2016, produced the hit track Redbone, which reached number 12 on the Billboard Hot 100 and garnered him his first Grammy Award. Again in 2018, Glover released “This Is America, which started at the top one on the Hot 100 and went on to win four Grammy Awards, notably Best Music Video. Recently, in 2020, Glover launched his fourth album, 3.15.20.
Donald Grover Net Worth
Donald Glover’s net worth is estimated to be $35 million.
|Estimated Net Worth in 2021 (Approx)||$35 million|
|Estimated Net Worth in 2020(Approx)||$35 million|
|Annual Salary||Not Available|
Donald Glover is a comedian, musician, actor, screenwriter, director, producer, and DJ. He also goes by the stage name Childish Gambino and works as a DJ under the moniker mcDJ. He has amassed a sizable fortune as a result of his versatile career.
Throughout his career, Glover has lent his support to a number of companies. He was featured in Gap’s Christmas advertising campaign in 2010. Glover redesigned three pairs of vintage Adidas shoes in collaboration with Adidas and launched them in April 2019 by the name Donald Glover Presents collection.
Glover made over $30 million from his numerous industry ventures from September 2018 to September 2019. That was more than enough for him to become one of the highest-paid performers in the world at the time.
- After receiving several Derrick Comedy videos from none other than Amy Poehler, 30 Rock executive producer David Miner reached out to Glover to set up a meeting with Tina Fey. Despite the fact that he and the program won several accolades during Donald’s two years as a screenwriter, he decided to leave 30 Rock to follow his many other projects and goals.
- Grover made his debut as Childish Gambino, while still on the set of 30 Rock. It was a website that generated the Wu-Tang moniker that inspired him to become a rapper.
- In 2008, Glover released the mixtape, Sick Boi, marking the start of a multifaceted career involving music and film.
- In 2009, the Derrick Comedy group debuted their feature film Mystery Team at Sundance. The film was written and starred by Glover and his Derrick Comedy collaborators. The film told the story of a group of high school students who solved mysteries.
- Between 2009 to 2013 NBC’s Community cast Glover in the part of Troy Barnes, a “stupid jock” according to the show’s creator. While it was generally known that he was a gifted writer, this part showed his acting abilities, since he was so highly loved on the program that he had a devoted following. He left the program after just the fifth episode of the last season to pursue his various side projects, which led to him penning and landing Atlanta with FX, just as the series was reaching its height.
- Glover contracted with Glassnote, an independent record production company, in 2011 to work on his debut solo album, Camp. He was the sole rapper signed at the time, among indie groups like Mumford & Sons and Phoenix, to the label, which was an intriguing pick.
- In 2013, Donald Glover collaborated with filmmaker Hiro Murai on a nearly 25-minute crazy short film that included Chance The Rapper. Glover’s friendship with Murai would be crucial, as Murai is currently the director of Glover’s Atlanta FX program.
- In 2013, Glassnote and Universal released Childish Gambino’s second studio album, Because the Internet. The album opened at number seven on the Billboard 200 charts in the United States. The received a Gold certification and was nominated at the Grammy Awards for Best Rap Album and Best Rap Performance in 2015.
- MTV’s 2015 award for Best video went to Childish Gambino’s “Sober” in May 2015. The song, created by Hiro Murai, beat out other candidates such as Beyonce and a Flying Lotus x Kendrick Lamar duet.
- Donald Glover played the role of Rich Purnell in the movie The Martian starring Matt Damon. The film was nominated for numerous Academy Awards and even won a few Golden Globes.
- In 2016, Glover wrote, produce, directed, and starred in Atlanta, an FX series. Everything in his career appears to have led up to this moment, where he is bringing his hip-hop expertise to the small screen for his comedy sketch about two cousins attempting to make it in Atlanta’s hip-hop scene. Atlanta was nominated for a Golden Globe for Best Television Series – Musical and Comedy, while Glover was nominated for Best Actor in a Television Series.
- Donald Glover plays Aaron Davis in the newest Spider-Man film in 2017.
- Glover signs a new and final recording contract with RCA Records in 2018, citing the need for a “required change of pace.”
- Glover releases This Is America in May 2018, which is perhaps his most important musical move to date. The music video, created by Hiro Murai, gained widespread acclaim, collecting hundreds of millions of views on YouTube in just a few months.
- Glover’s role as the charming and unscrupulous Lando Calrissian in the Star Wars sequel Solo was hotly anticipated and received positive reviews. Some say his role stole the spotlight, despite the fact that he only appeared in the final act.
- Donald Glover was revealed as Simba’s voice actor in the live-action version of The Lion King in 2019.
- In 2020 he released the album 3.15.20, the last Childish Gambino album.
- Golden Globes for Best Performance by an Actor in a Television Series – Musical or Comedy in 2017
- 4 Grammy Awards for Song of the Year, Best Music Video, Record of the Year Best & Rap/Sung Performance in 2019
- Grammy Awards for Best Traditional R&B Performance in 2018
- MTV Video Music Awards (VMA) for Best Video with a Message in 2018
- 2 Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Directing for a Comedy Series & Outstanding Lead Actor in a Comedy Series in 2016
- 2 Gold Derby Awards for Performer of the Year & Comedy Actor in 2018
- Gold Derby Awards for Comedy Lead Actor in 2017
- Gold Derby Awards for Ensemble of the Year in 2012
- Writers Guild of America for Comedy Series & New Series in 2017
- MTV Video Music Awards (VMA) for Best Video with a Message in 2018
- American Comedy Awards for Breakout Performer of the Year in 2012
- Critics Choice Television Awards for Best Actor in a Comedy Series in 2016
- Television Critics Association Awards for Individual Achievement in Comedy in 2017
- 3 Black Reel Awards for Television Outstanding Actor, Comedy Series, Outstanding Writing, Comedy Series & Outstanding Comedy Series in 2018
- 3 Writers Guild of America for Comedy Series in 2008, 2009, 2010
- 3 Black Reel Awards for Television Outstanding Actor, Comedy Series, Outstanding Writing, Comedy Series & Outstanding Comedy Series in 2017
- Glover keeps his personal life secret with his partner Michelle White and two kids.
- When Donald Glover was hired to write for 30 Rock, he was at NYU.
- Donald Glover Tried Out For A Role On Saturday Night Live As Barack Obama Dan Harmon Thinks Donald.
- Glover’s Departure the end of the show, Community.
- Glover is just 37 years old but has accomplished a lot in his versatile career.
- Donald Glover had to trojan horse FX into giving Atlanta the greenlight.
- Donald Glover penned a pilot for an animated Deadpool series that was never made.
Does Childish Gambino have a kid?
Yes, he has three kids.
How much is Donald Glover worth?
Who are Gambino’s parents?
Grover’s father is Donald Glover & mother is Beverly Glover.
What’s Donald Glover doing now?
Grover is currently working on the third and fourth seasons of Atlanta.
Does Donald Glover have tattoos?
Yes he has a tattoo that reads Truth is power