Amanda Marie Knox is an author, journalist, and activist from the United States. After her trial for the 2007 murder of Meredith Kercher, a British exchange student who lived with her in the same room, she served nearly four years in an Italian jail. The Italian Supreme Court of Cassation convicted Knox decisively in 2015. Amanda is New York Times best selling author. She also hosts a podcast along with her husband.
Knox and her then-boyfriend, Raffaele Sollecito, were both convicted of Kercher’s murder and sentenced to 26 and 25 years in jail, respectively. Knox and Sollecito were convicted and released in October 2011. Knox was compelled to face charges all over again for Kercher’s murder in 2013 after both Knox and Sollecito’s wrongful convictions were reversed by Italy’s highest court of appeal, the Court of Cassation. She was again accused and founded guilty but yet again she got free of charges in a year.
Amanda Knox Bio/Wiki
Amanda Knox was born in Seattle, Washington on 9th July 1987 to her parents Edda Mellas and Curt Knox, Amanda Knox spent most of her childhood in Seattle. Her family was very close-knit with both parents being heavily involved in their community.
She was an A student throughout high school without any signs of trouble or issues that might have led up to the events that would be brought about just a few short years later.
Knox finished high school at Seattle Preparatory School in 2005. Moving on to college at the University Of Washington, she majored in linguistics. During this time, she also took several Italian language courses which later would play a pivotal role in her future life.
Knox, a 20-year-old linguistics student, flew from Washington to Perugia, Italy, where she planned to study for a year at the University for Foreigners. To pay for an academic year in Italy, she performed part-time jobs.
Knox shared a room with Meredith Kercher, a 21-year-old London student. Kercher spent a year studying languages in another country. Knox and Kercher went to a classical music performance soon after she moved to Perugia. There, Knox befriended Raffaele Sollecito, a 23-year-old Italian computer engineering major. Soon later, Knox and Sollecito started dating.
Soon she was charged for the murder of her classmate Meredith Kercher along with her boyfriend. She was found guilty and served four years of imprisonment before being released. She was again found guilty though this time she pleaded innocence and was free from the case.
Amanda Knox Net Worth
Amanda Knox’s net worth is around $500 thousand.
|Estimated Net Worth in 2021 (Approx)||$500 Thousand|
|Estimated Net Worth in 2020 (Approx)||$500 Thousand|
|Annual Salary||Not Known|
|Income Source||Book Royalties|
Amanda was reportedly paid $4 million to write the book Waiting to Be Heard: A Memoir in 2013. Amanda explained in an interview that proceeds from her memoir went to her legal fees for the murder case she was charged for.
Amanda Knox Trial
- 2007 – Murder of Meredith Kercher in Perugia, Italy
- 2008 – Amanda Knox and her boyfriend Raffaele Sollecito were arrested for the murder. Her other housemate Rudy Guede was also charged with the murder. His lawyers argued that he didn’t act alone and has implicated both Amanda Knox and Raffaele Sollecito as his accomplices at different times during his various police interviews.
- 2009 – Amanda Knox and Raffaele Sollecito were convicted of the murder by an Italian court and were punished with 26 years of imprisonment. But after spending four years in prison, they were released on appeal due to a lack of evidence against them
- 2011 – They were found guilty again by a second appeal.
- 2013 – Their guilty verdict was overturned by Italy’s Supreme Court in March, meaning they were again free to leave the country
- 2014 – Knox is scheduled to speak in Seattle on April 30th, at the best-selling author event hosted by Nordstrom’s flagship store. Later that year Knox and Sollecito were again found guilty.
- 2015 – The Supreme Court of Cassation heard Knox and Sollecito’s last appeal, and concluded that the case was without merit, absolving both of them from the murder case decisively.
- 2019 – European Court for Human Rights asked the government of Italy to pay compensation for the wrong they have done to her.
- Amanda Knox is a very intelligent girl, she graduated with a 4.0-grade average.
- She is a New York Times best-selling author.
- Amanda Knox has two step-sisters and a younger sister.
- Amanda Knox’s book proceeds went to her trial payments in Italy.
- She was physically abused by Italian Police during interrogation.
- She is currently a journalist for Westside Seattle.
- She married Christopher Robinson, her long-time boyfriend.
- Amanda Knox has her own podcast.
- She is associated with Innocence Project.
How old is Amanda Knox?
What is Amanda Knox’s net worth?
Did Amanda Knox kill Meredith Kercher?
Though Amanda Knox was termed guilty free in the end, yet the murder mystery of Meredith Kercher has remained unsolved.
Where is Amanda Knox now?
Amanda Works For a non-profit organization, Innocence Project.