Zoe Saldana is an American actress and dancer who bounced to popularity with her high-profile characters in blockbuster movies such as ‘Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl’, ‘Star Trek’, ‘Star Trek Into Darkness’ and ‘Avatar’. A disciplined ballet dancer, Saldana had a modest starting as a theatre artist. She functioned in numerous performances for FACES and New York Youth theatre group before making an entrance into the big screen with the movie, ‘Center Stage’. Till date, Saldana has enjoyed enormous success with a line-up of worldwide highest-grossing films in her kitty. What gives her the dominance over other actresses of her generation is her versatility.
Saldana has not narrowed herself to a precise genre and has been seen giving an effortless appearance in films of wide-ranging subjects, right from romantic comedy to tragedy, sci-fi to action, fiction to drama, and so on. It is her intense concentration and resolute thought that has bolstered her play such an incredible range of roles. Other than being a celebrity in her own right, Zoe Saldana is also a wise businesswoman. She owns several restaurants, has her own business of fragrance and clothing and her own brand of vodka.
Zoe Saldana was born on June 19, 1978, in Passaic, New Jersey, to Asalia Nazario and Aridio Saldana. Her father was Dominican and her mother is Puerto Rican. She was raised in Queens, New York. When she was 10 years old, she and her family shifted to the Dominican Republic, where they would reside for the next seven years.
While residing there, Zoe unearthed a keen interest in performance dance and start her training at the renowned ECOS Espacio de Danza Dance Academy where she grasped ballet as well as other dance moves. Not only did her training provide a sterling outlet for the enthusiastic and vigorous youngster, but it would also prove to be a prosperous precursor for the initiate of her professional acting career.
At age 17, Zoe and her family shifted back to the United States where her love for dance followed, and an interest in theater performance became more solid.
She established working with the Faces theater group which put on plays organized to provide positive directives for teens with themes dealing with issues such as object abuse and s*x. These appearances not only gave her valuable experience but also a source of great dignity knowing that she was making a difference in the lives of young people like herself.
While performing with the Faces group and also the New York Youth Theater, Zoe was recruited for a talent agency and her dance training years before united with her acting experience incredibly helped her to land her first big-screen appearance as Eva Rodriguez, the talented and headstrong ballet dancer in the film Center Stage (2000).
Since her professional career initiated several years ago, Zoe’s talent and determination have granted her to be engaged in blockbuster films and act with great actors, actresses, and industry insiders at a pace that very few young professionals have experienced.
Zoe Saldana Net Worth
Zoe Saldana is an American actress who has a net worth of $35 million.
|Estimated Net Worth in 2019 (Approx)||$35 Million|
|Estimated Net Worth in 2018(Approx)||Under Review|
|Annual Salary||Under Review|
In June 2016 Zoe paid $8.7 million for a sumptuous home in Beverly Hills, California. The home is spotted within the exclusive gated community Hidden Valley Estates. Nearby neighbors include Penelope Cruz, Cameron Diaz, and Jennifer Lawrence.
The highpoint in her career came in 2009 with the films, ‘Star Trek’ and ‘Avatar’. Both the films had her play significant roles of Nyota Uhura and Neytiri respectively. While ‘Star Trek’ collected about $385 million at the box office, James Cameroon’s ‘Avatar’ grossed $2.788 billion.
Saldana featured in the Star Trek franchise 2009 film, ‘Star Trek Into Darkness’, reprising her role of Nyota Uhura. The film grossed $467 million worldwide, thus becoming the highest-grossing film of the Star Trek enterprise.
Zoe Saldana Movies And TV Shows
- After finishing her sophomore year in high school, Zoe Saldana moved back to New York City. In 1995, she joined the FACES theatre group in Brooklyn. With the troupe, she began functioning in plays that were themed on subjects like dealing with substance abuse and adolescent s*xuality. Additionally, she also initiated working for the New York Youth Theatre group.
- It was her spectacular performance in the show, ‘Joseph and the Technicolor Dreamcoat’ for the New York Youth Theatre group that received her a place at a talent agency. In 1999, she made her introduction on the small screen with the episode ‘Merger’ in the legal drama, ‘Law & Order’.
- Her ballet training and acting experience helped her bag her first big-screen appearance. It was in the film, ‘Center Stage’ and she played the character of Eva Rodriguez, a talented and determined ballet student. The film was released in 2000.
- In 2002, she acted in the movie ‘Crossroads’ and the comedy-drama, ‘Drumline’. She followed this up with the role of Anamaria, a female pirate in the blockbuster movie, ‘Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl,’ in 2003.
- In the year 2004 was a productive year as it signified the release of her three films: ‘The Terminal’, ‘Haven’, and ‘Temptation’.
- From 2005 to 2006, she functioned in four films, including, ‘Constellation’, ‘Guess Who’, ‘Dirty Deeds’ and ‘Premium’. ‘Guess Who’ and ‘Premium’ had her perform the female lead. While in the former, she worked opposite Ashton Kutcher, in the latter she performed the romantic interest of Dorian Missick.
- The highpoint in Saldana’s career came in 2009 with the movies, ‘Star Trek’ and ‘Avatar’. Her acting skills were highly lauded by the critics and audience alike.
- In 2010, she performed in four films: ‘The Losers’, ‘Takers’, ‘Death at a Funeral’ and ‘Burning Palms’. The same year, she made her debut in the ad world with Calvin Klein’s ‘Envy’ line.
- In the year 2011 witnessed the release of her two movies: a romantic comedy, ‘The Heart Specialist’ and crime-drama, ‘Columbiana’. She pursued this up with the 2012 romantic drama film, ‘The Words’.
- In 2013, she reprised her portray of Nyota Uhura for the Star Trek series next offering, ‘Star Trek Into Darkness’.
- In 2014, she performed the character of Gamora in the film, ‘Guardians of the Galaxy’. She also featured in the television miniseries, ‘Rosemary’s Baby’.
- Her future projects include reprising the character of Neytiri for the sequel, ‘Avatar 2’, which is expected to release in 2017.
|2001||Get Over It|
|2003||Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl|
The Curse of Father Cardona
The Heart Specialist
Death at a Funeral
Star Trek Into Darkness
Out of the Furnace
Infinitely Polar Bear
Guardians of the Galaxy
The Book of Life
Star Trek Beyond
Live by Night
|2017||Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2|
I Kill Giants
My Little Pony: The Movie
|2018||The Legend of Red Hand|
Avengers: Infinity War
TV Shows & Serials List
|1999||Law & Order|
|2004||Law & Order: Special Victims Unit|
|2006–2007 ||Six Degrees|
|2013 ||Comedy Bang! Bang!|
- English and Spanish are her original languages.
- When Zoe was just nine years old, her father passed away in a car accident.
- She has gained training in Jazz, ballet, and also modern Latin dance in the past.
- She has spent the maximum time of her early childhood, growing up in Queens, New York.
- Saldana is a celebrity proponent of FINCA (The Foundation for International Community Assistance) International, which is a non-profit microfinance organization.
- In 1995, she followed to become a member of the FACES theater group in Brooklyn. She also joined the New York Youth Theater.
- She has emerged on several magazine covers for various countries like China, Greece, France, Italy, South Africa, Spain, Russia, Singapore, UK, the US, Mexico, Portugal, etc.
- Zoe has also done TV series like Six Degrees (2006-2007), Law & Order: Special Victims Unit (2004).
- Zoe was given a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame in May 2018.
[wps_faq style=”classic” question=”Is Zoe Saldana A Ballet Dancer?”]Zoe Yadira Saldana Nazario Is An American Actress. Following Her Performances With The Theater Group Faces, She Was In A 1999 Episode Of Law & Order. Her Film Career Began A Year Later With Center Stage (2000) Portraying A Ballet Dancer.[/wps_faq]
[wps_faq style=”classic” question=”Did Zoe Saldana Have A Dance Double?”]Zoe Saldana Trained In Her Youth At Ecos Espacio De Danza Academy And Ilia Kulik Was A Gold-medal-winning Olympian In Figure Skating. A Dance Double Was Used For Susan May Pratt.[/wps_faq]
[wps_faq style=”classic” question=”How Old Was Zoe Saldana In Center Stage?”]Zoe Saldana May Have Been One Of The Only Non-dancers In The Main Cast Of Center Stage, But The Sheer Power Of Her Performance Made Her Its Most Unforgettable Character. Only 22 Years Old When The Film Hit Theaters In 2000, The Actress Made Her Feature Film Debut As Talented But Hard-nosed Dancer Eva Rodriguez.[/wps_faq]
[wps_faq style=”classic” question=”How Much Did Zoe Saldana Make For Guardians Of The Galaxy?”]She Makes Her Disdain For Hollywood’s Pay Gap Known, Too. It’s Rumored She Earned Just $100,000 For Her Role In Guardians Of The Galaxy, Despite Her Rousing Success In Prior Flicks Such As Avatar, Star Trek, And Pirates Of The Caribbean. Her Net Worth Is $20 Million.[/wps_faq]