Born on April 23, 1990, Mathias Jattah-Njie Jrgensen is a Danish professional footballer who plays as a centre defender for Premier League side Brentford and the Denmark national team. He goes by the moniker Zanka. Jrgensen started his career with his hometown club FC Copenhagen, where he played consistently for five Superliga seasons until moving to PSV Eindhoven in 2012.
After spending two seasons in the Eredivisie there, Jrgensen decided to return to Denmark since he felt his opportunities there were restricted. He paid £3.5 million to join Premier League team Huddersfield Town in July 2017 and played there until they were relegated in 2019. Following that, he played for Fenerbahçe before joining Brentford in the Premier League in 2021.
|Birth Name||Mathias Jattah-Njie Jørgensen|
|Age (as of 2023)||33 years|
|Sun Sign/Zodiac Sign||Aries|
|Birth Place||Copenhagen, Denmark|
|Date of Birth||23 April 1990|
|Hobbies||Music and Gym|
|Mother's Name||Not Available|
|Father's Name||Not Available|
Marital Status, Wife and Children
|Debut Club||FC Copenhagen|
|Jersey Number||• Denmark - 13|
• Brentford FC - 13
|Current Team(s)||• Denmark|
• Brentford FC
|League level||First Tier|
|Caps/Goals||35 / 2|
|Career Manager/ Player Agent||Not Available|
|Traits||• Injury Prone|
|Style Of Play||• Commits fouls often|
|Strengths||• Taking set-pieces|
• Ball interception
• Aerial Duels
Height and , Weight
|Height||• in meters - 1.91 m|
• in feet inches - 6′ 3″
|Weight||• in kilograms - 79 kg|
• in pounds - 170 lbs
Extra Ordinary Features
|Race / Ethnicity||Danish|
|Chest Size||40 inches|
|Biceps Size||14 inches|
|Waist Size||30 inches|
|Favorite Playing Position||Defender|
|Favorite Car||Not Available|
|Favorite Drinks||Red Wine|
|Favorite Cell Phone/Brand||Iphone|
Jrgensen dated Enik Mihalik, a model from Hungary. In 2016, Jrgensen penned a piece for the Danish Sport Player’s Association decrying homophobia in football.
After the players association and the Danish national team reached a financial agreement in February 2017, Jrgensen contributed 667,000 Danish kroner ($94,380) to a new pro-LGBT+ campaign named “Fodbold for alle” or “Football for all” and went to schools to discuss the issue of homophobia.
Zanka Net Worth
The range of Zanka’s net worth or income is thought to be between €3,500,000. However, his major occupation as a soccer player has brought him a significant amount of wealth.
|Estimated Net Worth in 2023 (Approx)||€3,500,000|
|Estimated Net Worth in 2022 (Approx)||€2,700,000|
|Contract Signed/Extension||Sep 9, 2021|
|Contract Expires||Jun 30, 2023|
|Income Source||Professional Footballer|
Zanka FIFA 22 Stats
In FIFA 22, Zanka has an overall rating of 72 and his potential is also 72.
FIFA 22 Stats
Overall Rating In FIFA 22
Potential In FIFA 22
|71||Heading Accuracy||26||FK Accuracy|
|65||Short Passing||62||Long Passing|
|72||Defensive Awareness||70||Sliding Tackle|
- Jrgensen went to FC Copenhagen from neighboring club B.93, where he had participated in first-team games even at the young age of 16 and was born to a Danish mother and a Gambian father.
- On June 26, 2007, he agreed to a three-year contract with FCK.
- He had a one-week trial with Arsenal before signing with the Danish champions.
- Less than a month after joining the club, Jrgensen injured his left knee while playing for the reserve squad on July 21, 2007.
- He played for the reserve squad once more on September 9.
- On September 26, 2007, he made his first team debut in a cup game against FC Fredericia.
- Five minutes before the game’s finish, he replaced Oscar Wendt in the 3-1 victory for FCK.
- Jrgensen participated in The Polish Masters, an unofficial preseason competition, in July 2012, and on July 22, when PSV played S.L. Benfica, he scored his first goal for the team.
- He only appeared in 14 games for PSV over the course of two years as he battled to crack the starting lineup.
- Jrgensen’s £3.5 million, three-year transfer from FC Copenhagen was officially announced by Huddersfield Town on July 7.
- In his two seasons at the club, Jrgensen played 65 times for the Terriers, who were relegated to the Championship during the 2018–19 campaign.
- The defender’s permanent move to Fenerbahçe was announced by Huddersfield Town on August 10th.
- The transfer’s conditions weren’t made public.
- Until the completion of the 2019–20 campaign, Jrgensen joined Fortuna Düsseldorf on loan on January 31, 2020.
- Jrgensen once more returned to F.C. Copenhagen on loan on October 5 of 2020, this time till the completion of the 2020–21 campaign.
- Jrgensen signed a one-year deal with Premier League team Brentford on September 9, 2021.
- The 2021–22 season, which was marred by injuries, saw them make 10 appearances and record one goal.
- The club stated that, while he would leave as a member of the official squad once his contract expired in June 2022, he would be permitted to train with them in order to finish his recovery from an adductor injury and give him time to find a new club.
- He participated in the team’s preseason training camp in Germany in July 2022, and on August 22, 2022, he signed a new one-year deal with an extension option.
- He was included in Denmark’s preliminary 35-man roster for the 2018 FIFA World Cup in Russia in May of that year.
- He scored the game’s first goal in the opening minute of the round-of-16 matchup with Croatia.
- He committed a professional foul in the penalty area in the 116th minute, which resulted in a yellow card and prevented Croatia from scoring a late winning goal.
- His tackle appeared to have paid off since Luka Modri’s penalty attempt was stopped by Danish goalkeeper Kasper Schmeichel, keeping the score at 1-1 and sending the game to a shootout.
- Denmark would eventually drop the shootout, 3-2.
- He was included in the first 26-man Denmark team for the UEFA Euro 2020 in May 2021.
- Danish Superliga: 2008–09, 2009–10, 2010–11, 2015–16, 2016–17
- Danish Cup: 2008–09, 2011–12, 2014–15, 2015–16, 2016–17
- Players’ Talent of the Year: 2008
- Arla Talent of the Year: 2008
- Arla U-19 National Team Talent of the Year: 2008
- F.C. Copenhagen Player of the Year: 2017
He is currently 33 years old (as of 2023).
He is 191 cm tall.
He plays as a defender.
After his transfer to Brentford FC, his net worth is €3,500,000 (as of 2023).