A professional footballer from France, William Alain André Gabriel Saliba (born 24 March 2001) plays center-back for Premier League Club Arsenal and the France national team.
Saliba was first called up to France’s senior team on March 21, 2022, to fill in for the injured Benjamin Pavard in a friendly against the Ivory Coast and South Africa.
William Saliba Bio/Wiki
|Birth Name||William Alain André Gabriel Saliba|
|Nick Name||William Saliba|
|Age (as of 2023)||22 years|
|Sun Sign/Zodiac Sign||Aries|
|Birth Place||Bondy, France|
|Date of Birth||24 March 2001|
|Hobbies||Music and Gym|
|Mother's Name||Not Available|
|Father's Name||Wilfrid Saliba|
Marital Status, Wife and Children
|Jersey Number||• France - 12|
• Arsenal FC - 12
|Current Team(s)||• France|
• Arsenal FC
|League level||First Tier|
|Caps/Goals||7 / 0|
|Career Manager/ Player Agent||ND SPORTS MANAGEMENT|
|Traits||• Power Header|
|Style Of Play||• Likes to play short passes|
• Likes to dribble
Height and Weight
|Height||• in meters - 1.93 m|
• in feet inches - 6′ 4″
|Weight||• in kilograms - 83 kg|
• in pounds - 180 lbs
Extra Ordinary Features
|Race / Ethnicity||French|
|Chest Size||42 inches|
|Biceps Size||12 inches|
|Waist Size||32 inches|
|Favorite Playing Position||Centre-Back|
|Favorite Car||Not Available|
|Favorite Drinks||Red Wine|
|Favorite Cell Phone/Brand||Iphone|
In Bondy, Seine-Saint-Denis, Saliba was born. His mother is from Cameroon and his father is from Lebanon.
The French Football Federation began an inquiry into a video taken by Saliba in 2018 that appeared to show one of his France youth international colleagues touching himself in a provocative manner on February 9th, 2021.
The FFF made the decision to include their disciplinary committee in the investigation because they felt that the video that Saliba had captured was “damaging to the image of the federation & football as a whole.”
William Saliba Net Worth
The range of William Saliba’s net worth or income is thought to be between €700,000. However, his major occupation as a soccer player has brought him a significant amount of wealth.
|Estimated Net Worth in 2023 (Approx)||€700,000|
|Estimated Net Worth in 2022 (Approx)||€275,000|
|Salary Per Year (Approx)||€520,000|
|Salary Per Month (Approx)||€43,333|
|Salary per Week||€10,000|
|Salary Per Day||€1,425|
|Salary Per Day||€1|
|Contract Signed/Extension||Jul 25, 2019|
|Contract Expires||Jun 30, 2024|
|Income Source||Professional Footballer|
William Saliba FIFA 22 Stats
In FIFA 22, William Saliba has an overall rating of 80 and his potential is also 87.
FIFA 22 Stats
Overall Rating In FIFA 22
Potential In FIFA 22
|67||Heading Accuracy||35||FK Accuracy|
|78||Short Passing||73||Long Passing|
|80||Defensive Awareness||79||Sliding Tackle|
- At the age of six, Saliba started playing football under the guidance of Kylian Mbappé’s father.
- He ultimately relocated to Saint-Étienne in the south in 2016, and in May 2018, at the age of 17, he signed his first contract.
- Then, on September 25, 2018, Saliba made his professional debut by playing in a 3-2 Ligue 1 victory against Toulouse.
- In his debut year at Saint-Étienne, he started 13 games.
- Saliba, who formerly played for Arsenal, is now on loan at Saint-Étienne for the 2019–20 campaign.
- He helped Saint-Étienne reach the 2020 Coupe de France Final by appearing in 17 games for the team throughout the season.
- He was unable to attend the game since the loan agreement expired two weeks before the final because of the COVID-19 epidemic, which delayed it.
- Saliba’s “long-term” deal with Arsenal was announced on July 25, 2019, by the club.
- According to the media, the deal had a five-year term and cost £27 million to transfer.
- Saliba elected to join Arsenal despite opposition from rival Tottenham Hotspur, whose interest in the player dates back to late 2018.
- Both teams met Saint-value Étienne’s player, but Saliba chose to join Arsenal.
- When Saliba returned to Arsenal in 2020 after spending the 2019–20 season on loan at his old team Saint–Étienne, he was given the number 4 jersey.
- On August 25, 2020, he made his debut for Arsenal against MK Dons in a preseason friendly.
Loan to Nice
- Saliba joined Nice of Ligue 1 on loan on January 4, 2021, for the balance of the 2020–21 campaign.
- After rumored preparations for a loan to an unknown EFL Championship club were abandoned, he returned to France.
- He made his Ligue 1 debut on January 6, 2021, in a 2-0 loss to Brest.
- Saliba received Nice’s Player of the Month award for his contributions throughout the month of January.
Loan to Marseille
- In July 2021, Saliba once more departed Arsenal on a Ligue 1 loan, joining Marseille for the 2021–22 campaign.
- He made his professional debut for the team on August 8, 2021, when he started in a 3–2 away victory over Montpellier with fellow Arsenal loanee Matteo Guendouzi.
- In all, he would make 52 appearances for the team, helping them get to the semifinals of the first Europa Conference League season and earning them a spot in the Champions League the following year.
- Saliba received the title of Ligue 1 Young Player of the Year and a spot on the Team of the Year.
- Despite Marseille and other European teams wanting to lure Arsenal away for another season.
Return to Arsenal
- Prior to the 2022–23 campaign, Saliba received the number 12 jersey.
- On August 5, 2022, he played his first Premier League game on the road against Crystal Palace, making his Arsenal debut.
- Saliba’s play was praised by the BBC for being “unruffled and practically perfect” as Arsenal defeated the opponent 2–0.
- Two weeks later, in a victory over AFC Bournemouth, he scored his first goal for the team with a curled shot from the edge of the box.
- The club’s August Goal of the Month was selected as the strike.
William Saliba Awards
- Coupe de France runner-up: 2019–20
- FA Community Shield: 2020
- UNFP Ligue 1 Young Player of the Year: 2021–22
- UNFP Ligue 1 Team of the Year: 2021–22
He is currently 22 years old (as of 2023).
He is 193 cm tall.
He plays as a defender.
After his transfer to Arsenal FC, his net worth is €700,000 (as of 2023).