Vivek Oberoi is a well-known Indian actor, businessman, and philanthropist. He works predominantly in the Bollywood film industry and is greatly known for his role of “Kaals in the film, Krrish 3. Vivek Oberoi was born in a Hindu Khatri family on 3 September 1976 in Hyderabad, India. He is the son of Suresh Oberoi, a veteran supporting actor, and Yashodhara Oberoi. His sister, Meghna Oberoi, is a singer and painter. Vivek was in a relationship with Gurpreet Gill in 2000.
The duo was rumored to be engaged but, later, they chose to split as Vivek was busy with his Bollywood career. He was also in a relationship with Aishwarya Rai after Rai broke up with Salman Khan. On 29 October 2010, Vivek married Priyanka Alva, daughter of Karnataka Minister, Jeevaraj Alva. The couple is blessed with a son, Vivaan, and a daughter, Ameyaa.
Vivek Oberoi Wiki/Bio
|Birth Name||Vivek Anand Oberoi|
|Nick Name||Not Known|
|Age||(as in 2023) 47 Years|
|Debut||• Film: Company (2002)|
• TV: India's Best Dramebaaz - Season 1 (2013)
|Sun Sign/Zodiac Sign||Virgo|
|Birth Place||Hyderabad, India|
|Date of Birth||3 September 1976|
|Residence||#5, Kartar Kunj, Golden Beach Raja Park, Juhu, Mumbai|
|Home Town||Mumbai, India|
|Mother's Name||Yashodhara Oberoi|
|Father's Name||Suresh Oberoi (Actor)|
|Sister||Meghna Oberoi (Singer, Painter)|
|Affairs/Girlfriends||• Gurpreet Gill (Ex-fiancee)|
• Aishwarya Rai (Actress)
Marital Status, Wife and Children
|Marriage Date||29 October 2010|
|Children||• Son- Vivaan (born in 2013)|
• Daughter- Ameyaa (born in 2015)
|School||Hyderabad Public School, Hyderabad|
|College/University||Mayo College, Ajmer, Rajasthan|
|Educational Qualification||Master's Degree in Acting|
|Profession||Actor, Businessman, Philanthropist|
|Brands Endorsed||Not Known|
|Career Manager||Not Known|
Height, Weight, and Figure Measurements
|Height (Approx.)||in centimeters- 180 cm|
in meters- 1.80 m
in feet inches- 5’ 11”
|Weight (Approx.)||in kilograms- 80 kg|
in pounds- 176 lbs
|Chest Size||42 inches|
|Biceps Size||14 inches|
|Waist Size||34 inches|
Extra Ordinary Features
|Race / Ethnicity||Khatri|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|Dress Size||Not Known|
|Shoe Size||10 US|
|Bike Collection||Ducati 1098|
|Favourite Foods||Apple Pie, Payasam, Rasmalai, Gulab Jamum, Sonpapdi|
|Favourite Actors||Amitabh Bachchan, Shah Rukh Khan, Ajay Devgan, Hrithik Roshan|
|Favourite Actresses||Madhuri Dixit, Vidya Balan, Priyanka Chopra|
|Favourite Films||Bollywood- Chalti Ka Naam Gaadi, Company, Beta, Raja, Tezaab|
Hollywood- The Godfather, Roman Holiday
|Favourite Director||Ram Gopal Varma|
|Favourite Cricketer||Sachin Tendulkar|
|Favourite Book||The Fountainhead by Ayn Rand|
|Favourite Restaurants||Peshawri, Royal China, Indigo, Don Giovanni, in Mumbai|
|Favourite Destinations||France, Istanbul|
|Controversies||• In 2008, he went to a friend's party where he misbehaved with the host's girlfriend and even kissed her. Following it, she slapped him in front of all the attendees.|
• On 20 May 2019, he attracted controversy by sharing a collage of three images featuring him, Aishwarya Rai Bachchan, her husband Abhishek Bachchan, their daughter Aaradhya and superstar Salman Khan on his Tweeter handle. The post referred to Aishwarya and Salman's relationship as the 'opinion poll,' Aishwarya and Vivek's affair as the 'exit poll,' and Aishwarya's current family with husband Abhishek and daughter Aaradhya as the 'final result.'
• After receiving several flaks for his post on social media and also notice from the National Commission for Women (NCW), he apologized and deleted the post from his Tweeter handle.
Vivek Oberoi completed his schooling at Hyderabad Public School, Hyderabad. Later, he went to Mayo College, Ajmer, Rajasthan to complete his further education. Vivek was a great athlete during his school days.
He used to participate in all kinds of sports like hockey, table-tennis, cricket, and football. He was even a part of his school’s hockey team and played at the state and national levels. After completing his education, Vivek moved to London to attend an acting workshop.
He was spotted by the Director of New York University who took Vivek to New York. Vivek did his Masters in Acting from New York University. Oberoi worked as a scriptwriter before becoming an actor.
Suresh Oberoi Bio, Age, Movies, Son, Family, Net Worth & Wiki
Vivek Oberoi Net Worth
Vivek Oberoi has an estimated net worth of $19.5 million.
|Estimated Net Worth in 2023 (Approx)||$19.5 million|
|Estimated Net Worth in 2022 (Approx)||$18 million|
|Estimated Net Worth in 2021 (Approx)||Under Review|
|Salary||$2 Million +|
|Income Source||Actor, Businessman, Philanthropist|
Vivek made his debut in Bollywood with Ram Gopal Varma’s “Company.” The movie earned him Filmfare Award for the Best Debut as well as the Best Supporting Actor. He was paid? 3 lakh for the film. Next, he starred in action films, Road and Dum.
In 2002, he starred alongside Rani Mukerji in Saathiya directed by Shaad Ali, which went on to become a blockbuster. He also starred in the successful comedy Masti along with Aftab Shivdasani and Ritesh Deshmukh in 2004. In the same year, he starred in the very successful and critically acclaimed film Yuva.
Vivek appeared in Omkara, an adaptation of Shakespeare’s play Othello in 2006. He portrayed the character of Kesu based on the character Michael Cassio in the original play. In 2007, he acted as the gangster Maya Dolas in the multi-starred Shootout at Lokhandwala.
Vivek starred in a movie called Mission Istanbul which was directed by Apoorva Lakhia and produced by Ekta Kapoor in 2008. Next year, Oberoi played a supporting role in the movie Kurbaan. In the next subsequent year, Vivek appeared in Prince, which failed to get a good response from the audience, despite initial box office hit.
Vivek worked with YRF banner’s movie Bank Chor, with Rhea Chakraborty and Riteish Deshmukh. In 2019, Vivek made his Malayalam Debut with Mohanlal in Prithviraj Sukumaran’s directorial debut, Lucifer, as the main antagonist, Bobby, in which his appearance as a villain was well-received by critics and fans.
Ram Charan Bio, Age, Father, Family, Movies, Net Worth & Wiki
Darna Mana Hai
Kyun! Ho Gaya Na...
Kisna: The Warrior Poet
Deewane Huye Paagal
|2006||Home Delivery: Aapko... Ghar Tak|
|2007||Shootout at Lokhandwala|
Fool n Final
|2009||Luck by Chance|
Rakta Charitra I
Rakta Charitra II
|2011||Dekh Indian Circus|
|2012||Kismet Love Paisa Dilli|
Jayantabhai Ki Luv Story
|2016||Great Grand Masti|
|2019||Vinaya Vidheya Rama|
PM Narendra Modi
TV Shows & Serials List
|2013-2018||India's Best Dramebaaz|
Facts About Vivek Oberoi
- Does Vivek Oberoi smoke?: No (Quit)
- Does Vivek Oberoi drink alcohol?: No
- He was born to a Tamil mother and a Punjabi father.
- Vivek was paid INR 3 lakhs for his debut movie ‘Company’ in 2002.
- According to Oberoi, Salman Khan called him 41 times and threatened to kill him because of their close relationship with Aishwarya Rai in 2003.
- As a result of the 2004 Indian Ocean tsunami, Vivek adopted a village in Cuddalore district, Tamil Nadu. In 2006, he received the Red and White Bravery Award for his support of rebuilding the village.
- Vivek founded Karrm Infrastructure Pvt Ltd in 2004, a company specializing in low-budget housing solutions.
- Vivek does not consume alcohol, tea, coffee, and doesn’t smoke either.
- Yashodhara Oberoi and his family run the Yashodhara Oberoi Foundation.
- A biopic titled PM Narendra Modi was filmed in 2019 with Vivek playing Narendra Modi. As the movie was scheduled for release during the 2019 Lok Sabha Elections, the Election Commission of India (ECI) banned its release until after the elections.
Why did Vivek Oberoi stop acting?
He was ruined because of rumors and their own bad choices. Vivek Oberoi had a fallout with Salman Khan after he started dating the latter’s ex-girlfriend Aishwarya Rai.
Do Oberoi hotels belong to Vivek Oberoi?
No not at all it belongs to Mr. Prithviraj Singh Oberoi. PRS Oberoi is the Chairman.
Is Vivek Oberoi good in acting?
Really do not know anything about his other roles, but he did a fantastic job as a supervillain in the Science Fiction film Krrish 3. His superb acting gave India its first menacing supervillain, though I know India has definitely forgotten the superb character, as usual, because rubbish love stories are more interesting for an overwhelmingly huge, stupid audience we have.
Why did Vivek Oberoi support Sushant Singh Rajput?
He has been a victim of Single manpower in Bollywood ( we all know who ). He has himself gone through the grim realities of fraternity and survived. To an extent, he understands the vilification hurled at you if you are in bad books of Bollywood biggies.