Twinkle Khanna is a famous Indian actress, author, film producer, newspaper columnist, and interior designer. She was one of the most famous actresses in the 2000s. She is also famous for being the daughter of Rajesh Khanna and wife of a famous Bollywood actor, Akshay Kumar.
Twinkle Khanna was born in a Hindu family on 29 December 1974 in Pune, Maharashtra, India. She was born to Rajesh Khanna and actress, Dimple Kapadia. She has a sister, Rinke Khanna; who was also an actress. on 14 January 2001, Twinkle married the Bollywood actor, Akshay Kumar. The couple is blessed with 2 children; a son, Aarav Kumar, and a daughter, Nitara Kumar.
Twinkle Khanna Wiki/Bio
|Birth Name||Tina Jatin Khanna|
|Age||(as in 2020) 46 Years|
|Debut||Film Debut- Barsaat (1995)|
|Sun Sign/Zodiac Sign||Capricorn|
|Birth Place||Pune, Maharashtra, India|
|Date of Birth||29 December 1974|
|Home Town||Mumbai, India|
|Hobbies||Interior Designing, Writing|
|Mother's Name||Dimple Kapadia (Bollywood Actress)|
|Father's Name||Rajesh Khanna (Bollywood Actor & Producer)|
|Sister||Rinke Khanna (Actress)|
Marital Status, Husband and Children
|Husband/Spouse||Akshay Kumar (Actor)|
|Marriage Date||14 January 2001|
|Children||Son- Aarav Kumar (Born, 15 September 2002)|
Daughter- Nitara Kumar (Born, 25 September 2012)
|School||New Era High school, Panchgani, Maharashtra|
|Educational Qualification||Not Known|
|Profession||Interior Designer, Actress, Author|
|Brands Endorsed||Not Known|
|Career Manager||Not Known|
Height, Weight, and Figure Measurements
|Height (Approx.)||in centimeters- 163 cm|
in meters- 1.63 m
in Feet Inches- 5’ 4”
|Weight (Approx.)||in Kilograms- 57 kg|
in Pounds- 126 lbs
|Breast Size||34 inches|
|Hips Size||35 inches|
|Waist Size||26 inches|
Extra Ordinary Features
|Race / Ethnicity||Hindu|
|Dress Size||4 US|
|Shoe Size||8 US|
|Favourite Book||The Little Princess by Frances Hodgson Burnett|
|Favourite Song||Tere Bina Zindagi Se Koi......from Aandhi|
|Favourite Interior Designer||Paola Navone and the great Spanish architect Antoni Gaudi|
|Favourite Food||Spicy Khichadi cooked by her Naani|
|Favourite Book-to-Screen Adaption||The Remains of the Day by Kazuo Ishiguro|
|Controversies||In 2009, she unbuttoned Akshay Kumar's jeans during the Lakme Fashion Week which created controversy for obscenity & she had to surrender at the Vakola Police Station and was released later on bail.|
Twinkle Khanna completed her schooling at New Era High school, Panchgani, Maharastra. Khanna debuted in Bollywood with the film ‘Barsaat’ in 1995, in which she was paired opposite Bobby Deol. The movie did well at the box office, and she won the Filmfare Best Debut Award for her performance.
After an eye surgery for a slight cross-eye condition, Twinkle went on to do numerous films which got her good reviews and recognition from the fans. Khanna has acted with some of the greatest stars of the film industry, including SRK, Aamir Khan, Salman Khan, Saif Ali Khan, and Govinda.
Twinkle Khanna Net Worth
According to Woodgram, Twinkle Khanna’s estimated Net Worth, Salary, Income, Cars, Lifestyles & much more details have been updated below. Let’s check, How Rich is Twinkle Khanna in 2019-2020?
|Estimated Net Worth in 2019 (Approx)||$30 Million|
|Estimated Net Worth in 2018(Approx)||Under Review|
|Annual Salary||Under Review|
|Income Source||Interior Designer, Actress, Author|
Noted, right now, We don’t have enough information about Cars, Monthly/Yearly Salary, etc. We will update soon.
Twinkle’s most famous film roles include the girl next door in Jab Pyaar Kisise Hota Hai with Salman Khan in 1998, the undercover spy along with Shahrukh Khan in Baadshah in 1999, and the village belle in Mela in 2000. She paired Venkatesh in the year 1999 in a Telugu movie Seenu.
Twinkle left the industry after her marriage to Akshay Kumar, citing that she did not enjoy the acting profession anymore. She has moved on. Her last movie was Love Ke Liye Kuchh Bhi Karega in 2001, which was received averagely at the box office.
In 2002, Twinkle opened her own interior design store in Crawford Market, Mumbai called The White Window, in partnership with her long-time friend Gurlein Manchanda. Since then, the store has received a prestigious Elle Decor International Design Award (from the Indian edition of Elle Decor magazine). Twinkle has opened up another branch of the flagship store elsewhere in Mumbai and plans to expand throughout India.
Dil Tera Diwana
|1997||Uff! Yeh Mohabbat|
|1998||Jab Pyaar Kisise Hota Hai|
Yeh Hai Mumbai Meri Jaan
Chal Mere Bhai
Joru Ka Ghulam
Love Ke Liye Kuch Bhi Karega
Facts About Twinkle Khanna
- Twinkle acted opposite her husband Akshay Kumar in two action movies which are International Khiladi and Julmi, both movies released in 1999.
- In 1999, she acted in a Telugu movie – Seenu.
- In the 2000 Femina Miss India, Twinkle was a member of the Judges Panel.
- Twinkle rejected the role of Tina in Kuch Kuch Hota Hai proposed by Karan Johar, and the role was finally given to Rani Mukerji.
- When Twinkle met Akshay Kumar for the first time, she was doing a photo-session for Filmfare magazine.
- Khanna made her theatrical debut in Feroze Khan’s All the Best in 2001.
- When her father, Rajesh Khanna fought the Lok Sabha election from New Delhi, she campaigned for his election.
- In 2002, Twinkle opened her own Interior Designing Store at the Crawford Market in Mumbai called- The White Window.
- Twinkle did interiors to a number of celebrities including Rani Mukerji’s, Tabu’s, Reema Sen’s Kareena Kapoor Khan’s Bandra flat, and Poonam Bajaj’s design studio. She also invented a golden toilet at the request of one of her clients.
- She is one of the mentors at the International Institute of Fashion Designing’s Academy of Interiors.
- Twinkle has co-produced a number of Bollywood movies including Thank You, Khiladi 786, Tees Mar Khan, Patiala House, and Holiday: A Soldier is Never Off Duty.
- She was listed as the fourth best-dressed celebrity in India by People Magazine in 2009.
- Twinkle has been the Brand Ambassador of an American watch brand- Movado.
- In 2014, Khanna sold her father’s house for INR 85 crore.
- Twinkle featured on the cover of Vogue magazine in 2014.
- Khanna wrote a non-fiction book- Mrs. Funnybones which was published by Penguin India in 2015.
Why is Twinkle Khanna called ‘Funny Bones’?
One of her friends or an editor called her so while suggesting that she should write a book instead of weekly columns as she is witty and opinionated. So she thought that it will make a funny Twitter handle since she hates her name and people will read it without any preconceived notions. That eventually becomes her name and the name of the first book that she penned.
Who is better, Twinkle Khanna Or Raveena Tandon?
Both actresses have most of the same looks and face cut even most of the fans are got confused between the two. Both actresses did very good work in their movies and has the same number of the fanbase.
How is Twinkle Khanna an interior designer?
From the projects that she shared with magazines and online, she does seem to be a talented designer. She plays more with decor than with design forms.
What is Twinkle Khanna’s age?
47 years (29 December 1973).