Taapsee Pannu Bio/Wiki
Real Name Taapsee Pannu
Nickname(s) Maggie, Glam-doll, Goddess of Flop Heroes
Profession(s) Actress, Model
Taapsee Pannu Physical Stats
Height (approx.) in centimeters- 165 cm
in meters- 1.65 m
in feet inches- 5’ 4”
Weight (approx.) in kilograms- 55 kg
in pounds- 121 lbs
Figure Measurements (approx.) 34-27-36
Eye Colour Dark Brown
Hair Colour Black
Taapsee Pannu Personal Life
Date of Birth 1 August 1987
Age (as in 2018) 31 Years
Birthplace New Delhi, India
Zodiac sign/Sun sign Leo
Hometown Ludhiana, Punjab, India
School Mata Jai Kaur Public School, Ashok Vihar, Delhi
College/University Guru Tegh Bahadur Institute Of Technology, New Delhi
Educational Qualification B.Tech in Computer Science
Debut Film (Telugu): Jhummandi Naadam (2010)
Film (Tamil): Aadukalam (2011)
Film (Malayalam): Doubles (2011)
Film (Hindi): Chashme Baddoor
Food Habit Vegetarian
Hobbies Reading, Riding Bikes, Playing Squash, Dancing
Awards 2012: Santosham Film Awards for Best Actress (Jury) for Mr. Perfect
2013: South Africa India Film And Television Awards for Debut Actor of the Year – Female for Chashme Baddoor
2014: Edison Awards for Most Enthusiastic Performer-Female Award for Arrambam
2017: Lux Golden Rose Awards for Rising Star Of The Year, FiIms of India Online Awards for Special Jury Awards for Pink
2018: Lux Golden Rose Awards for Break Through Performer Of The Year Award, Zee Cine Awards for Extraordinary Impact Award – Female, Hindustan Times (HT) Most Stylish Awards under category HT Most Stylish Breakthrough Performer, GeoSpa AsiaSpa Awards for Best Actress Critics(Female) for Naam Shabana
• In 2012, there was a buzz that she was the reason behind the fight between Kollywood actor Mahat Raghavendra
• After the release of her film ‘Manmarziyaan’ (2018), the members of the Sikh community objected to the smoking scenes by the Sikh characters of the film; after which the producers of the film deleted those scenes. Taapsee Pannu, who is also a Sikh, also responded to the controversy with few tweets and even a troll threatened to beat her up.
Taapsee Pannu Boyfriend/Husband
Marital Status Unmarried
Affairs/Boyfriends Mahat Raghavendra (Tamil film actor)
Mathias Boe (Badminton player from Denmark)
Favourite Food(s) Danish pastries, Chinese Cuisines, Parathas, Chole Puri, Kachori, Papri Chaat
Favourite Actor(s) Aamir Khan, Hrithik Roshan, Suriya, Ranbir Kapoor, Prabhas
Favourite Actresses Priyanka Chopra, Priyamani
Favourite Film(s) Bollywood: Rockstar
Hollywood: The Twilight Series
Favourite Song Dhichkyaaon from the film Chashme Baddoor
Favourite Destination(s) Europe, Maldives
Taapsee Pannu Style Quotient
Car Collection BMW
Taapsee Pannu Net worth
Taapsee Pannu has an estimated net worth to be more than $6 million dollars as of 2019. She charges Rs 80 lakh to 1.5 crores per film.
Salary (approx.) ₹80-150 lakh/movie
Net Worth (approx.) ₹36 Crore ($6 million)
Taapsee Pannu Career/Modelling/Movies
Taapsee was born on 1 August 1987 in New Delhi. She is of Punjabi descent. She did her schooling at the Mata Jai Kaur Public School in Ashok Vihar, Delhi. After completing her graduation in Computer Science Engineering from the Guru Tegh Bahadur Institute of Technology in New Delhi, she worked as a software engineer. She became a full-time model after she auditioned and was selected for Channel V’s talent show Get Gorgeous, which eventually led her to acting. Taapsee has appeared in numerous print and television commercials and won several titles during her modeling days, including “Pantaloons Femina Miss Fresh Face” and “Safi Femina Miss Beautiful Skin” at the 2008 Femina Miss India contest.
As a model, she endorsed brands such as Reliance Trends, Red FM 93.5, UniStyle Image, Coca Cola, Motorola, Pantaloon, PVR Cinemas, Standard Chartered Bank, Dabur, Airtel, Tata Docomo, World Gold Council, Havells and Vardhman. She has also been featured on the cover of magazines Just For Women and MaaStars. After a few years, she lost interest in modeling as she thought that she could never gain proper recognition through modeling, but only through films, and finally decided to act.
Taapsee made her cinematic debut in 2010 with K. Raghavendra Rao’s romantic musical Jhummandi Naadam. She played the role of the daughter of a US-based millionaire who comes to India to research traditional Telugu music. Taapsee got three more offers in Telugu prior to the film’s release. Her next film Aadukalam (2011), marked her debut in Tamil cinema. She played the role of an Anglo-Indian girl falling in love with a rural man played by Dhanush. The film, set in the backdrop of Madurai, revolves around cockfights. It was critically acclaimed and proceeded to win six National Film Awards at the 58th National Film Awards ceremony.
Speaking about her role, a reviewer from Sify said: “Debutant Taapsee is a promising find and she suits the character of an Anglo-Indian girl to the T.” She returned to the Telugu film industry with Vastadu Naa Raju (2011), opposite Vishnu Manchu. She made a foray into Malayalam cinema later that year, with Doubles (2011), opposite Mammootty and Nadiya Moidu. Paresh C Palicha of Rediff commented: “Taapsee Pannu as Saira Banu, whose entry into the scene becomes the bone of contention between the siblings, has nothing noteworthy to do”.
Taapsee played a short role in her next release Mr. Perfect (2011). In it, she acted alongside Prabhas and Kajal Aggarwal and the film was a moderate success. She starred in a high budget film titled Veera (2011), opposite Ravi Teja and Kajal Aggarwal, which received moderate reviews. She was next seen in her second Tamil film Vandhaan Vendraan, which fetched mixed reviews and did not fare well at the box office. Her next film was Krishna Vamsi’s Mogudu where she acted as a traditional Telugu girl opposite Gopichand and garnered critical acclaim for her performance. She worked on the Tamil–Telugu bilingual Gundello Godari—titled Maranthen Mannithen in Tamil apart from Daruvu and Shadow.
She also made her Bollywood debut through Chashme Baddoor where she shares the screen with Siddharth, Rishi Kapoor, Divyendu Sharma, and Ali Zafar. The film is a remake of the 1981 film with the same title. Taapsee was also approached to dub the voice of Hollywood actress Katee Sackhoff in the Tamil, Telugu and Hindi versions of the science fiction film Riddick, but declined the offer due to her prior commitments. In later 2013, she was seen in the big-budget action thriller Arrambam co-starring Ajith Kumar and Arya. She was awarded the Most Enthusiastic Performer–Female Award at the 2014 Edison Awards for her performance in the film.
Taapsee Pannu Filmography
Year Title Role Language
2010 Jhummandi Naadam Sravya Telugu
2011 Aadukalam Irene Claude Tamil
Vastadu Naa Raju Pooja Telugu
Mr. Perfect Maggie Telugu
Veera Aiki Telugu
Vandhaan Vendraan Anjana Tamil
Mogudu Raja Rajeshwari Telugu
Doubles Saira Banu Malayalam
2012 Daruvu Swetha Telugu
2013 Gundello Godari Sarala Telugu
Chashme Baddoor Seema Hindi
Shadow Madhubala Telugu
Sahasam Sreenidhi Telugu
Arrambam Anitha Tamil
2014 Kathai Thiraikathai Vasanam Iyakkam Tamil
2015 Baby Shabana Khan Hindi
Kanchana 2 Nandhini Tamil
Vai Raja Vai Shreya Tamil
Dongaata Herself Telugu
2016 Pink Meenal Arora Hindi
2017 Running Shaadi Nimmi Hindi
The Ghazi Attack Ananya Hindi
Naam Shabana Shabana Khan Hindi
Anando Brahma Unnamed ghost Telugu
Judwaa 2 Samaara Hindi
2018 Dil Juunglee Koroli Nair Hindi
Soorma Harpreet Hindi
Mulk Aarti Malhotra / Mohammed Hindi
Neevevaro Vennela Telugu
Manmarziyaan Rumi Bagga Hindi
2019 Badla Naina Sethi Hindi
Game Over Swapna Tamil
Mission Mangal Kritika Aggarwal Hindi
Saand Ki Aankh Prakashi Tomar Hindi
Tadka Nicole Hindi
2020 Thappad Hindi
Year Title Role Language
2018 Baarish aur Chowmein Neelu Hindi
Nitishastra Roshni Hindi
Awards and nominations
Year Film Award Category
2011 Aadukalam South Indian International Movie Awards Best Female Debutant
2012 Vijay Award Vijay Award for Favourite Heroine
Vijay Award for Best Debut Actress
Mr. Perfect Filmfare Awards Filmfare Award for Best Supporting Actress – Telugu
Santosham Film Awards Best Actress (Jury)
2013 Chashme Baddoor BIG Star Entertainment Awards BIG Star Most Entertaining Actor (Film) Debut – Female
South Africa India Film And Television Awards Debut Actor of the Year – Female
Filmfare Awards Filmfare Award Best Female Debut
2014 Arrambam Edison Awards Most Enthusiastic Performer-Female Award
Filmfare Awards Filmfare Award for Best Supporting Actress – Tamil
South Indian International Movie Awards Best Actress in a Supporting Role
2017 Pink Lux Golden Rose Awards Rising Star Of The Year
Stardust Awards Best Actor(Female)
Screen Awards Best Actress
BIG Zee Entertainment Awards Most Entertaining Actor in a Social Film – Female
Jagran Film Festival Best Actor Female – Jury Special Award
Zee Cine Awards Best Actress
International Indian Film Academy Awards Best Actress
International Indian Film Academy Awards Woman Of The Year
Lux Golden Rose Awards Power Packed Performer Of The Year Award
2018 Naam Shabana Breakthrough Beauty Of The Year
Zee Cine Awards Best Actress (Jury Choices)
Extraordinary Impact Award – Female
Hindustan Times (HT) Most Stylish Awards HT Most Stylish Breakthrough Performer (Female)
GeoSpa AsiaSpa Awards Best Actress Critics
Nitishastra Streaming Awards Best Actress
N/A Lokmat Most Stylish Awards Most Stylish Youth Icon (Female)
Manmarziyaan Lux Golden Rose Awards Breakthrough Beauty Of The Year
2019 News 18 Reel Movie Awards Best Actress in a Leading Role
BizAsia Online Awards 2019 Best Actor-Female
Critic Choice Film Award 2019 Best Actress
Screen Awards Best Actress
Mulk Best Actress (Critics)
Jashn-E-Youngistan Awards Best Actor -Female
Zee Cine Awards Best Actor – Female (Viewers’ Choice)
Filmfare Awards Critics Award Best Actress
News 18 Reel Movie Awards Best Actress in a Supporting Role
BizAsia Online Awards 2019 Best Actor-Female
N/A Femina Beauty Awards Style and Substance
Some Known Facts About Taapsee Pannu
- Does Taapsee Pannu smoke?: No
- Does Taapsee Pannu drink alcohol?: Yes
- Taapsee Pannu is a Jat Sikhni, who was born and brought up in Delhi. Taapsee Pannu childhood photo
While studying computer engineering in her 2nd year of college, she decided to opt MBA. She also gave the CAT exam and scored 88 percentile in it, but she didn’t get the admission where she wanted.
- Since her college days, she has been doing modeling for various ads to manage her daily extra expenses. Taapsee Pannu In Her Younger Days
- Taapsee Pannu was very much active in her school days too; as she used to work as a public speaker and also used to participate in almost all festival competitions.
- Taapsee Pannu has a huge crush on actor Ranbir Kapoor.
- Taapsee learned Kathak dance for 8 years from the famous Birju Maharaj‘s disciples.
- She had a very studious personality in her school and she was hardly interested in becoming an actress at that time.
- She made her first step into the glam world as a participant on Channel V Get Gorgeous pageant. She later shared that she filled the form very casually and attached some of her candid pictures, and she was surprised on getting selected.
- She participated in Miss India 2008 pageant and got the Pantaloons Femina Miss Fresh Face titles and Safi Femina Miss Beautiful Skin titles.
- Her Tamil debut Adakulam in 2011 was critically acclaimed by the audience and was also a big commercial success.
She is the co-owner of an event company named The Wedding Factory, which organizes marriages and many such events.
- She is a big Powerpuff girl (a cartoon character), lover.
- While shooting for the court scenes for the film Pink, Taapsee suffered from a viral infection and she decided that she would prefer her voice to be dubbed, but later, Shoojit Sircar asked Taapsee to do it herself; as it added more authenticity to the scenes. Taapsee Pannu In Pink
- Taapsee Pannu loves playing squash and she prefers playing it at least half-hour every day.
- Taapsee Pannu has also worked as a software engineer and developed an app- FontSwap.
- Taapsee Pannu wants to marry someone who is not from the entertainment industry.
- Taapsee Pannu is given a pseudonym “Goddess of flop heroes,” which is being given to her because she has worked with many South-Indian flop heroes.
- In an interview with Behindwoods, she shared that who so ever she meets, asks her about the meaning of her name, and it happens almost every time she comes across someone, which she finds irritating sometimes.
- Taapsee Pannu has remained the popular face of magazines like “Just For Women” and “MaaStars”.
- Taapsee Pannu is among the few South Indian actresses to have had 7 releases in a single year (2011).
- In 2018, Taapsee Pannu was starred in the biopic of the famous International hockey player- Sandeep Singh, playing the role of Harpreet, along with Diljit Dosanjh.