Swara Bhaskar is a well-known Indian actress, theater artist, and model. She mainly works in the Hindi film industry. Swara is best known for her supporting work in mainstream productions and starring roles in independent films, she has received 2 Screen Awards and has been nominated 3 times for Filmfare Award.
Swara Bhaskar was born in a Hindu family on 9 April 1988 in Delhi, India. Her father’s name is Chitrapu Uday Bhaskar, a Commodore officer from the Indian Navy and her mother’s name is Ira Bhaskar, a professor of Cinema Studies. She has also an elder brother Ishan Bhaskar. Swara was rumored to have an affair with a writer Himanshu Sharma.
Swara Bhaskar Wiki/Bio
|Birth Name||Swara Bhaskar Chitrapu|
|Nick Name||Not Known|
|Age||(as in 2020) 32 Years|
|Debut||• Film: Madholal Keep Walking (2009, English)|
• Guzaarish (2010, Bollywood)
• TV: Samvidhaan: The Making of the Constitution of India (2014, as a Presenter)
|Sun Sign/Zodiac Sign||Aries|
|Birth Place||Delhi, India|
|Date of Birth||9 April 1988|
|Residence||A 3-BHK apartment in Yari Road, Mumbai|
|Home Town||Delhi, India|
|Hobbies||Doing Yoga, Dancing, Cooking, Reading|
|Mother's Name||Ira Bhaskar (Professor of Cinema Studies)|
|Father's Name||Chitrapu Uday Bhaskar (Columnist, Retired Commodore)|
|Brother||Ishan Bhaskar (Elder)|
|Affairs/Boyfriends||Himanshu Sharma (Writer)|
Marital Status, Husband and Children
|Marriage Date||Not Known|
|School||Sardar Patel Vidyalaya, New Delhi|
|College/University||• Miranda House, University of Delhi, New Delhi|
• Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi
|Educational Qualification||• B.A. in English Literature|
• M.A. in Sociology
|Brands Endorsed||Not Known|
|Career Manager||Not Known|
Height, Weight, and Figure Measurements
|Height (Approx.)||in centimeters- 165 cm|
in meters- 1.65 m
in feet inches- 5’ 5”
|Weight (Approx.)||in Kilograms - 55 Kg|
in Pounds - 121 lbs
|Breast Size||34 inches|
|Hips Size||34 inches|
|Waist Size||28 inches|
Extra Ordinary Features
|Race / Ethnicity||Hindu|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|Dress Size||6 US|
|Shoe Size||5.5 US|
|Tattoos||• Right-back- Lunar phase of "Moon"|
• Left side of chest- Madhubani folk art representation of "Sun"
|Car Collection||BMW X1|
|Favourite Actress||Meryl Streep|
|Favourite Actors||Shah Rukh Khan|
|Favourite Films||Bollywood- The Untitled Kartik Krishnan Project|
Hollywood- The Mill on the Floss, The Exorcism of Emily Rose
|Favourite Foods||Guacamole, Dosa, Aloo sabzi, Maggi, Italian cuisine|
|Favourite Beverages||Masala tea, Coffee, Kale spinach apple smoothie, Bloody Mary|
|Favourite Directors||Aanand L. Rai, Vishal Bhardwaj, Anurag Kashyap, Ashwini Iyer Tiwari, Hansal Mehta, Joe Wright, Wong Kar-Wai|
|Favourite TV Show||Last Week Tonight with John Oliver|
|Favourite Play||Arthur Miller's 'The Crucible' directed by Yael Farber|
|Favourite Song||"Hips Don't Lie" by Shakira|
|Favourite Books||Istanbul: Memories and the City by Orhan Pamuk, The Illicit Happiness of Other People by Manu Joseph, The Faraway Tree series by Enid Blyton, A Case of Exploding Mangoes by Mohammed Hanif, The Mill on the Floss by George Eliot|
|Favourite Restaurant||Dishoom in London|
|Favourite Destinations||Italy, Istanbul, Beirut|
Swara Bhaskar completed her schooling at Sardar Patel Vidyalaya, New Delhi, and graduated in English Literature from Miranda House, University of Delhi. Swara also completed M.A. in Sociology from Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi. During her college days, she was actively involved in social matters. After education, she determined to make her career in the profession of acting and then, worked in many Bollywood movies. Her active work in the Indian film industry brought her popularity and many learning opportunities.
In the initial days of her career, Swara was associated with N. K. Sharma’s “Act One” theater group in Delhi. She moved to Mumbai in 2008 and made her acting debut with the film Madholal Keep Walking in 2009, which was screened at the 33rd Cairo International Film Festival but unsuccessfully at the box office. In 2010, Swara then portrayed a supporting role in Sanjay Leela Bhansali’s drama Guzaarish, alongside Aishwariya Rai and Hritik Roshan.
Swara Bhaskar Net Worth
Swara Bhaskar has an estimated net worth of $5 million.
|Estimated Net Worth in 2019 (Approx)||$5 million|
|Estimated Net Worth in 2018(Approx)||Under Review|
|Annual Salary||Under Review|
- In 2014, there were rumors about the cold war between Kangana Ranaut and her on the sets of ‘Tanu Weds Manu Returns’ (2015).
- In 2017, she revealed that when she was new in Bollywood she was harassed by a director. During an outdoor shoot at a remote area, he used to stalk her, text her, call her, and even asked for a one night stand.
- In December 2017, after the results of the Gujarat assembly election, she congratulated the independent but pro-congress Dalit leader Jignesh Mewani, for which she was trolled on social media as she was allegedly supporting caste politics.
- In 2018, after watching Sanjay Leela Bhansali’s medieval epic ‘Padmaavat’, she made severely critical comments on the film through an open letter, especially regarding women’s ‘right to live.’
- In June 2018, after the release of her female buddy comedy film ‘Veere Di Wedding,’ she was widely criticized and trolled on the internet for her masturbation scene in the film.
- In November 2019, she faced severe backlash on social media for referring to a four-year-old child actor as “chu**ya” and “kam**na” on the chat show Son Of Abish. While describing her experience during her early days in the film industry, she used foul language for a four-year-old child who had worked with her in an advertisement.
Later, Swara performed in Srinivas Sunderrajan’s black and white thriller The Untitled Kartik Krishnan Project, which was praised as India’s first mumblecore film. She gained a wider appreciation for her supporting character of a bride-to-be in the commercially successful romantic comedy Tanu Weds Manu in 2011. Her act in the movie was well-received by critics, and she earned a Filmfare Award for Best Supporting Actress nomination.
Bhaskar earned further praise for her act in the critically acclaimed romantic drama Raanjhanaa in 2013, the character earned her 2nd Filmfare Award for Best Supporting Actress nomination. Then, Swara reprised her character from Tanu Weds Manu in the film’s sequel and later performed in the romantic drama Prem Ratan Dhan Payo, both movies were among the highest-grossing Bollywood movies of the year 2015.
Swara’s starring roles in the independent films Nil Battey Sannata in 2016 and Anaarkali of Aarah in 2017 got her further recognition. She received the Screen Award for Best Actress for Nil Battey Sannata and was nominated for Filmfare Critics Award for Best Actress for Anaarkali of Aarah.
|2009||Madholal Keep Walking|
The Untitled Kartik Krishnan Project
|2011||Tanu Weds Manu|
Sabki Bajegi Band
|2014||Machhli Jal Ki Rani Hai|
|2015||Tanu Weds Manu Returns|
Prem Ratan Dhan Payo
X: Past Is Present
|2016||Nil Battey Sannata|
|2017||Anaarkali of Aarah|
|2018||Veere Di Wedding|
TV Shows & Serials List
|2016-present||It's Not That Simple|
Bhaag Beanie Bhaag
Facts About Swara Bhaskar
- Does Swara Bhaskar drink alcohol?: Yes
- Does Swara Bhaskar smoke?: No
- She was born into a multicultural family; as her mother is a Bihari, and her father is a Telugu.
- Swara’s father, Chitrapu Uday Bhaskar is a Columnist, and a retired Commodore in the Indian Navy, who is included amongst the preeminent experts and critics in Indian security and strategic affairs.
- Actress Minissha Lamba was Swara’s classmate in school.
- Since the age of 7, she has been fond of dancing and is a trained Bharatanatyam dancer from Guru Leela Samson.
- Swara has been friends with Sonam Kapoor since the shooting of Raanjhanaa.
- In the year 2015, Swara went to Pakistan as a guest in a TV comedy show named Mazaaq Raat.
- Once, Swara gifted a sturdy, vintage box to Salman Khan to keep his brushes and paints.
- Swara is an avid animal lover and has three cats- Utpaati, Kulfi, and Atom. She enjoys feeding stray cats and dogs.
- Prior Swara was a non-vegetarian, but in 2016, she became vegetarian as she considers it the best detox.
- Her biggest dream is to portray the role of Indira Gandhi in her biopic.
Is Swara Bhaskar a good actress?
She is an amazing actress. She proved herself in two movies- Raanjhanaa and Tanu Weds Manu.
Is Swara Bhaskar one of the biggest hypocrites in Bollywood?
Whether Swara Bhaskar is a hypocrite or not, it’s not of that great importance as it’s always in her favor people noticing her being either hypocrite or intellectual. if the society can stay unimpactful and can ignore in routine the people of the glamour world.
Is Swara Bhaskar planning to join politics?
People like Swara Bhaskar, Javed Akhtar, Anurag Kashyap are like those couch drooling cricket match audiences who are in habit of just criticizing every move but themselves don’t know how to hold a bat. Swara will ever join politics but she will just keep on inciting crowds just to keep her TRP charts ticking.
What is the age of Swara Bhaskar?
32 years (9 April 1988).
What is the height of Swara Bhaskar?