Sunita Kejriwal (Arvind Kejriwal’s Wife) Wiki, Age, Biodata
Sunita Kejriwal is an Indian Revenue Officer and well known as the Wife of Chief Minister of Delhi, Arvind Kejriwal. She joined the Indian Revenue Service, after clearing the Civil Services Examination, in the year 1994. After this, she trained at the National Academy of Administration in Nagpur. Sunita Kejriwal is an Indian Revenue Officer and well known as the Wife of Chief Minister of Delhi, Arvind Kejriwal. She joined the Indian Revenue Service, after clearing the Civil Services Examination, in the year 1994.
After this, she trained at the National Academy of Administration in Nagpur. Recently, the AAP member ‘Kapil Sharma’, has been sacked from the party and he stated that Mr.Arvind Kejriwal was given INR 2 crore, from Health minister. Sunita has stood by her husband and supported him by stating that, ‘Kapil Sharma is making false allegations against her husband’.
Sunita Kejriwal (Arvind Kejriwal’s Wife) Wiki
Sunita Kejriwal is a former Indian Revenue Service (IRS) officer, and wife of the Indian politician and Chief Minister of Delhi, Arvind Kejriwal.
Profession Retired Civil Servant
Famous For Being Arvind Kejriwal’s wife
Sunita Kejriwal was born on Friday, 11 February 1966 (age 54 years; as in 2020) in New Delhi. Her zodiac sign is Aquarius. She attended the National Academy of Direct Taxes, Nagpur, Maharashtra to pursue her graduation and has a master’s degree in Zoology. Sunita is a 1999 batch IRS officer. During her tenure as an IRS officer, she held the position of the Commissioner of Income Tax at the Income Tax Appellate Tribunal, New Delhi. On 15 July 2016, she opted for a voluntary retirement scheme (VRS) of the Indian Revenue Service (IRS), ending her 22 years of service.
Sunita Kejriwal Family, Education & More
Family Husband/Spouse Arvind Kejriwal
Sunita Kejriwal Children Son- Pulkit Kejriwal (Student)
Sunita Kejriwal Daughter- Harshita Kejriwal (Associate Consultant in Boston Consulting Group)
Parents Names Not Known
Siblings Brother- Surender Kumar Bansal (Deceased)
- Sunita Kejriwal was born and raised in New Delhi. She completed her Master’s with a focus on Zoology and then went on to appear for the Indian Civil Services Examination.
- After cracking a tough entrance exam, she was selected for the IRS (Indian Revenue Service) 1993 batch and started her training.
- In 1993, while training at the Lal Bahadur Shastri Academy of Administration in Mussoorie, she met her now-husband, Arvind Kejriwal.
- The two trained in the same batch again at the National Academy for Direct Taxes in Nagpur and it was here that Arvind proposed to her. They were then married in 1994 before they got their first postings in New Delhi.
- A year after their marriage, the couple’s first child, Harshita Kejriwal was born. Their son, Pulkit Kejriwal was born in 2001.
- Sunita’s daughter, Harshita made news for scoring 96% on her Class 12 Board Exams and she was then accepted into the prestigious Indian Institute of Technology, her father’s alma mater.
- Similarly, in May 2019, her son Pulkit scored an excellent 96.4%, and she posted about it proudly on social media.
Height, Weight & More
Height (approx.) in centimeters- 160 cm
in meters- 1.60 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 3”
Weight 53 Kg
Eye Colour Black
Hair Colour Black
Sunita Kejriwal Age, Personal Life & More
Date of Birth 11 February 1966 (Friday)
Age (as in 2020) 54 Years
Birthplace New Delhi
Zodiac sign Pisces
Hometown New Delhi
College/University National Academy of Direct Taxes, Nagpur, Maharashtra
Educational Qualification • Masters Degree in Zoology
• Graduate from the National Academy of Direct Taxes
Caste Vaishya (Baniya)
Food Habit Vegetarian
Address 87 Block, B.K.Dutt Colony, New Delhi
Hobbies Travelling, Listening to Music, Doing Yoga
Controversies On 29 April 2019, BJP Delhi spokesperson, Harish Khurana, filed a complaint in a Delhi court against Sunita Kejriwal for allegedly having two voter identity cards. He said that Sunita had a voter id card from Uttar Pradesh’s Ghaziabad and another from Chandni Chowk, Delhi.
Sunita Kejriwal Net Worth
Assets/Properties (as in 2015) Movable-
Cash: 10,000 INR
Bank Deposits: 5.57 lacs INR
Jewelry: Gold- 300 gm worth 9 lacs INR; Silver- 500 gm worth 24,000 INR
Residential Building: Flat worth 1 crore INR in Gurugram, Haryana
Net Worth (approx.) 1.15 crores INR (as in 2015)
- After finishing her training for the IRS, Sunita started working for and stayed in active service for the next 22 years.
- Her last posting was as a Commissioner of Income Tax in the Income Tax Appellate Tribunal (ITAT) in Delhi and then in 2016, she opted for Voluntary Retirement. She was eligible for her pension as she served for more than 20 years.
- This move received attention as the media claimed that the real reason for her voluntarily retiring was because of the ongoing negative issues between BJP- led Union Government and her husband’s AAP party.
- She feared victimization and being pulled into this battle of leaders.
- In 2014, Arvind contested against Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi from Varanasi at the Lok Sabha polls. She could not openly campaign for him as it goes against the rules and regulations of the Indian Civil Service. Instead, she took a long leave of absence and took charge of the kitchen to feed party supporters who came to campaign for Arvind.
Sunita Kejriwal Husband, Affairs and More
Marital Status Married
Husband/Affairs/Boyfriends Arvind Kejriwal
Marriage Date November 1994
In May 2019, a Delhi court issued summons to the officials of State Election Commission of Uttar Pradesh and Delhi to bring all records of documents related to Sunita Kejriwal, after the BJP Delhi spokesperson, Harish Khurana, filed a complaint against her for allegedly possessing two voter IDs. Khurana had filed a case against her at the Tis Hazari Court, claiming that she was in the possession of two voter IDs – the first one from Sahibabad (Ghaziabad, Uttar Pradesh), and the other from the Civil lines (Chandni Chowk, Delhi).
Sunita Kejriwal Work
Service Indian Revenue Service (IRS)
Retired 2016 (took voluntary retirement)
Major Designation Commissioner of Income Tax at the Income Tax Appellate Tribunal, New Delhi
She started her career as an Indian Revenue Officer, after completing her training in the National Academy of Administration, in Nagpur, in the year 1995. During this time, she met Arvind Kejriwal and was attracted to his straightforwardness and courage. Since the couple belonged to the same caste, there was no opposition from their family and they tied the knot in November 1994. Recently, she quit her job from the IRS, by opting for a VRS, stating that, she is bored of doing the same task every day. She is planning to start an Aum Aurat Wing of AAP, where she is also planning to go on Dharnas.
Some Known Facts About Sunita Kejriwal
- Sunita Kejriwal is a retired Indian civil servant. She is the wife of the Delhi Chief Minister, Arvind Kejriwal.
- Sunita is known to be very shy, timid, and an introvert.
- Sunita and Arvind Kejriwal were in the same batch during their 3-month foundation course at the “Lal Bahadur Shastri National Academy of Administration” in Mussoorie.
- After their initial training in Mussorie, they were transferred back to the “National Academy of Direct Taxes” in Nagpur. She was friends with Arvind by this time, and they used to like each other.
- Sunita admired Arvind’s simplicity, honesty towards his work, and his passion to bring change in the nation.
- In August 1994, Arvind proposed her for marriage, and she said yes. In November 1994, she got married to Arvind Kejriwal, even before their course completed.
- In 1995, after completing their training, they moved to a small apartment in Delhi.
- In 1996, they had their first child, Harshita.
- In 2006, when Arvind quit his job to become an “RTI activist” and “anti-corruption crusader,” she became the sole earner of her family. However, she was happy that her husband was pursuing what he loves.
- On 29 December 2013, Sunita first came into the limelight when Arvind was elected as the Chief Minister of Delhi, and he hugged Sunita. Arvind Kejriwal also tweeted photos of him hugging Sunita, and he also thanked her for supporting him.
- On 15 July 2016, she opted for the voluntary retirement scheme (VRS) from the Indian Revenue Service (IRS), after 22 years of service. According to a close aide of Kejriwal- Sunita feared of victimization by the Centre amid the ongoing tussle between the AAP government and the BJP-led Union government on several issues, and hence she sought VRS”
- Sunita is often spotted with Arvind Kejriwal during their morning walks on the streets of Delhi, even after Arvind became the Chief Minister of Delhi.
- Sunita is often seen campaigning for Arvind Kejriwal. Before the “2020 Delhi Assembly Elections,” Sunita, along with Harshita Kejriwal and Pulkit Kejriwal, was seen participating in door-to-door campaigning for Arvind Kejriwal.
Who Is The Father Of Arvind Kejriwal?
Gobind Ran Kejriwal
Is Arvind Kejriwal Married?
Arvind Kejriwal Wife
What Is The Age Of Arvind Kejriwal?
51 Years (16 August 1968)
What Is The Full Name Of Kejriwal?
Arvind Kejriwal. Arvind Kejriwal (Born 16 August 1968) Is An Indian Politician. He Is The Current And 7Th Chief Minister Of Delhi. He Is The National Convener Of Aam Aadmi Party (AAP).