Sumeet Vyas (born 27 July 1983) is an Indian actor and writer of films, web series, and theatre. His breakthrough role was Mikesh Chaudhary in TVF’s 2014 web series Permanent Roommates. Vyas has since played supporting roles in Bollywood films including the 2015 productions Parched and Guddu Ki Gun, and 2018’s Veere Di Wedding. He has his first starring role in the 2016 drama film Ribbon; his performance was well-received by critics. Apart from acting in films and television programs, Vyas also appears in theatre productions in India.
He is primarily known for his work in the Indian film and television industry. Born on 27 July 1983, he did his schooling from R.D. National College, Mumbai. He gave up his college studies to pursue his passion for acting and writing. The actor rose to fame for portraying the role of “Mikesh Chaudhary” in TVF’s web-series Permanent Roommates. He is famous among the audience for his intense and fun acting skills. He has lakhs of followers on his Instagram account.
Sumeet Vyas Bio/Wiki
|(as in 2023) 40 Years
|Film: Jashnn (2009)
TV: Woh Hue Na Hamare (2003)
|"Mikesh Chaudhary" in The Viral Fever (TVF) web series 'Permanent Roommates' (2014-16)
|Sun Sign/Zodiac Sign
|Jodhpur, Rajasthan, India
|Date of Birth
|27 July 1983
|An apartment in Yari Road, Mumbai
|Jodhpur, Rajasthan, India
|Writing, Travelling, Playing piano & percussion instruments
|B.M Vyas (Writer)
|Shivani Tanksale (Actress)
Ekta Kaul (Actress)
Marital Status, Wife and Children
|First-Shivani Tanksale (m. 2010-div. 2017)
Second-Ekta Kaul (Actress)
|Year 2010 (with Shivani Tanksale) 15 September 2018 (with Ekta Kaul)
|Jammu (with Ekta Kaul)
|R.D. National College, Mumbai
Height, Weight, and Figure Measurements
|in centimeters- 185 cm
in meters- 1.85 m
in feet inches- 6’ 1”
|in kilograms- 80 kg
in pounds- 176 lbs
Extra Ordinary Features
|Race / Ethnicity
|Royal Enfield Bullet 350
|Bollywood- Irrfan Khan, Raghubir Yadav, Pankaj Kapur
Hollywood- Robert De Niro, Joaquin Phoenix
| Eggs Benedict
|Coffee, Banana smoothie
Hollywood- Eternal Sunshine of The Spotless Mind
|"Dil se" from the film 'Dil Se'
|Favourite TV Show
|Seinfeld, Game of Thrones
|The Fountainhead by Ayn Rand
Sumeet Vyas Family
He was born in Jodhpur, Rajasthan into a middle-class Brahmin family. His family shifted to Mumbai when he was only 5 years old. His father’s name is B.M Vyas who is a known writer and his mother’s name is Sudha Vyas. She is also a known author.
He has a sister named Shruti Vyas who is married to actor Namit Das. His father used to work as a theater artist & writer in NSD (National School of Drama), which inspired him to take up acting as a career. The actor is very close to his family and has worked very hard to make them proud.
Sumeet Vyas Wife/ Girlfriend
He is married to actress Ekta Kaul. They met and went on dates. It all started with a tweet that Ekta wrote for Sumeet’s show. In due course of time, everything turned into a beautiful love story. They fell in love and never looked back. After dating for a few months, the couple tied the knot on 15th September 2018.
It is his second marriage, before Ekta he was married to actress Shivani Tanksale, a Mumbai based theater artist but the couple took divorced after a few years of their happy marriage. Both of them have moved on in their respective lives. The actor is happily married to Ekta and is head over heels in love with her.
Sumeet Vyas Net Worth
According to Woodgram, Sumeet Vyas’s estimated Net Worth, Salary, Income, Cars, Lifestyles & many more details have been updated below. Let’s check, How Rich is Sumeet Vyas in 2023?
|Estimated Net Worth in 2023
|$4 Million - $9 Million (Approx.)
|Estimated Net Worth in 2022
|$1 Million - $5 Million (Approx.)
|Previous Year's Net Worth (2021)
|$100,000 - $1 Million
Noted, Currently, We don’t have enough information about Cars, Monthly/Yearly Salary, etc. We will update you soon.
Sumeet Career/ Television Shows
He made his television debut with the serial “Who Huye Na Hamare”. Then he starred in TV serial “Rehna Hai Teri Palkon Ki Chhaon Mein” as Karthik. The actor has been actively involved in theater since his early days being an actor. Also, he has been part of many Bollywood movies.
Not only in television and Bollywood, but he has also been part of a few popular web series. The actor has experimented a lot with his roles over the years. Here is the list of all the serials and web-series the actor has been part of:
Sumeet Vyas Movies List
|English Vinglish Salman Khan
|Blouse Master Ji
Sabki Bajegi Band Amit
Guddu Ki Gun Laddu
|Maroon Ashish Bharadwaj
Tum Bhi Na
|Born Free Samarth
Ribbon Karan Mehra
|Camouflage Krishna Singh
Love Per Square Foot
Veere Di Wedding Rishabh Malhotra
High Jack Rakesh
|Made in China
Television Shows & Web series Role
|Kasamh Se Daksh Randeria
| Woh Hue Na Hamare Sameer
|Rehna Hai Teri Palkon Ki Chhaon Mein Kartik
|Chandragupta Maurya Ambik Kumar
|Permanent Roommates Mikesh Chaudhary
|Laut Aao Trisha VK
|Stories by Rabindranath Tagore Bihari
Bang Baaja Baaraat
|Comedy Nights Bachao Himself
TVF Tripling Chandan
Official Chukyagiri D-Sir
|Official CEOgiri Dilawar / D-Sir
|TVF Tripling Season 2 Chandan
Some Known Facts About Sumeet Vyas
- Does Sumeet Vyas smoke?: Yes
- Does Sumeet Vyas drink alcohol?: Yes
- Sumeet was born into a middle-class Rajasthan family who shifted to Mumbai when he was 5 years old.
- As a kid, he wanted to become a pilot or a computer engineer.
- At the age of 16, he started doing theatre and gradually developed an interest in acting.
- His lack of interest in studies can be judged by the fact that he failed in the 8th, 9th, and 12th standard exams.
- Though he was all set to become an engineer, his passion for acting made him gave up on his studies and he started working as an assistant editor in an editing studio at the age of 17.
- His father has worked as a theatre actor and a writer in the National School of Drama (NSD), which inspired him inspired him to become an actor.
- For 6 long years, he worked with Nadira Babbar’s theatre group ‘Ekjute’ and considers her as his acting guru or mentor. Sumeet Vyas doing a theatre play in Ekjute
- Theatre filled up his soul but not his stomach, so he started doing commercials and TV shows to earn some money and simultaneously wrote and directed plays.
- He was first seen in Doordarshan TV’s show ‘Woh Hue Na Hamare’ where he played the role of “Sameer” for which he was paid ₹4000 per day. Sumeet Vyas – Woh Hue Na Hamare
- He came into limelight in Sridevi starring ‘English Vinglish’ (2012), where he played the role of a Pakistani cab driver “Salman Khan” who is trying to learn English in New York.
- Until 2013, he wasn’t much aware of web series and its scope, but when his friend cum actor Kunal Khemu showed him few episodes of TVF web series, which appealed to him so much that he messaged the casting director of TVF to get an opportunity to work with them.
- He rose to fame with his role of “Mikesh Chaudhary” in the TVF web series ‘Permanent Roommates’ (2014-16) on YouTube, opposite Nidhi Singh.
- He co-hosted the Box Cricket League (BCL) in 2016.
- He is a bit obsessed with cleanliness.
- He is an avid biker and often takes road trips.
- His sister Shruti is married to TV actor Namit Das.