Stevie Nicks is a singer-songwriter, recognized for her profession with the British-American rock band ‘Fleetwood Mac.’ She transformed the prosperity of the band for the better after entering it in 1975. After joining the band, she built history with her second album ‘Rumours’ which won the ‘Grammy Award for Album of the Year’ and was finally confirmed ‘2× Diamond’ by the ‘Recording Industry Association of America’ (RIAA). After a very prosperous work with the band, she decided to go solo. Her debut solo album ‘Bella Donna’ outlined at No.1 on the ‘U.S. Billboard’ and earned platinum certifications within months of its release. Her second album ‘The Wild Heart’ also earned platinum certifications, establishing Nicks as a solo artist.
She had many friends in the music industry and requested them to play music for her albums. Her next album ‘Rock a Little’ was also an enormous hit and earned platinum certifications like its predecessors. However, the significance of working so hard had casualties on her mental and physical well-being, and she caught a drug addiction problem. The talented singer fought hard to overcome her body abuse and was finally successful in leaving this troubled part of her life behind. A rich performer, she is recognized to have produced more than 40 ‘Top 50’ hits with a sale figure exceeding 140 million albums.
|Birth Name||Stephanie Lynn Nicks|
|Nick Name||• Stevie|
• The Reigning Queen of Rock ‘n’ Roll
|Age||(as in 2020) 72 Years|
|Religion||Stevie considers herself religious without any religious affiliations. It seems she is more leaned towards spirituality.|
|Sun Sign/Zodiac Sign||Gemini|
|Birth Place||Phoenix, Arizona, United States|
|Date of Birth||26 May 1948|
|Home Town||Phoenix, Arizona, United States|
|Mother's Name||Barbara Nicks|
|Father's Name||Aaron Nicks, Jr. (Food Business Executive)|
|Brother||Christopher Nicks (Younger)|
|Others||• Aaron Nicks, Sr. (Paternal Grandfather)|
• Effie Cox (Paternal Grandmother)
• Edward Neppel (Maternal Grandfather)
• Alice Harwood (Maternal Grandmother)
• Jessica James Nicks (Niece)
|Affairs/Boyfriends||• Lindsey Buckingham|
• Jerry Brown
• Waddy Wachtel
• Paul Fishkin
• Don Henley (1975-1978)
• J. D. Souther (1977)
• Mick Fleetwood (1977-1978)
• Jimmy Iovine (1980-1983)
• Kim Anderson (1983)
• Joe Walsh (1983-1986)
• David Stewart (1985)
• Rupert Hine (1988-1989)
Marital Status, Husband and Children
|Marriage Date||January 29, 1983 And Divorced in 1983|
|School||• Arcadia High School|
• Menlo-Atherton High School
|College/University||San Jose State University|
|Brands Endorsed||Not Available|
|Career Manager||Agency for the Performing Arts, California|
Height, Weight, and Figure Measurements
|Height (Approx.)||in centimeters- 156.2 cm|
in meters- 1.56 m
in feet inches- 5’1”
|Weight (Approx.)||in kilograms- 76 kg|
in pounds- 168 lbs
|Breast Size||36 Inches|
|Hips Size||35 Inches|
|Waist Size||25 Inches|
Extra Ordinary Features
|Race / Ethnicity||White|
|Hair Color||Dirty Blonde|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|Dress Size||4 US|
|Shoe Size||6 US|
|Favorite Song From The Album 24 Karat Gold||Mabel Normand|
|Favorite Foods||Vanilla bean ice cream, Gelato, Cherry pie, Lemon cake, Chocolate chip cookies|
|Favorite TV Shows||Glee, American Idol|
|Favorite Artist To Sing With||Natalie Maines|
|Favorite Album||747 by Lady Antebellum|
|Favorite Song From Haim‘s EP ‘Forever’||Go Slow|
|Favorite Concert Venues In The US||Madison Square Garden, The Fillmore|
Stevie Nicks was born on May 26, 1948, at Good Samaritan Hospital in Phoenix, Arizona. Her Nickname, Stevie, reportedly came from her childhood voicing of “Stephanie” as “tee-dee.” Nicks’ mother, Barbara, was a homemaker, and father Jess Nicks, a corporate official, first met at Arizona State University. They became college sweethearts, and the couple wedded in 1947.
The tight-knit Nicks clan held Nicks’ paternal grandfather, Aaron Nicks, a would-be country star. Grandfather Nicks handcrafted a guitar for young Stevie and prepared her well-familiar selections from the country music cannon. By the time she was five years old, Nicks was gigging with him at social gin mills. Around this time her brother, Christopher, was born.
As Nicks’ father raised through the corporate authorities, the Nicks family jumped around Arizona, New Mexico, Texas, Utah, and California. By 1963, the family settled in the suburbs of Los Angeles, and Nicks enrolled at Arcadia High School.
While there, she met her best friend, Robin, and joined Changing Times, a band patterned after The Mamas and The Papas. Her tenure with the group was short-lived; the Nicks family soon moved to Palo Alto, California, where Nicks attended Menlo Atherton High School. Here, Stevie met classmate Lindsey Buckingham, a guitarist, and fellow songwriter. The two shared a close bond and forged a strong musical partnership.
Stevie Nicks Partnership with Lindsey Buckingham
After high school, Nicks quickly joined in San Jose State College, but by 1968 she’d dropped out. The Nicks family relocated once again, this time, to Chicago, but Nicks choose to stay in California. Along with Buckingham, she followed the local band, Fritz, which built a small following. The group opened for bigger acts such as Janis Joplin and Jimi Hendrix before they dispersed in 1971.
By this time, Nicks and Buckingham were deeply romantically linked. The couple proceeded to collaborate, and soon settled a contract with Polydor Records. In 1972, they delivered Buckingham-Nicks, an album that went widely unnoticed. In an effort to make finishes meet, Nicks served alternately as a maid, a dental assistant, and a waitress.
Concurrently, Mick Fleetwood, John McVie, and Christine McVie of the rock group Fleetwood Mac fought with band tensions and line-up changes. In 1974, the group began attempting out a new recording facility and arranged a visit to Sound City Studio in the San Fernando Valley, the identical studio where Stevie and Buckingham recorded their album.
As producer Keith Olsen guided Fleetwood Mac through the facility, he showcased the studio’s sound capabilities by playing the Buckingham-Nicks track “Frozen Love.” The band was taken with Buckingham’s guitar sensibilities.
Stevie Nicks Net Worth
Stevie Nicks has a net worth of $85 million.
|Estimated Net Worth in 2019 (Approx)||$85 Million|
|Estimated Net Worth in 2018(Approx)||Under Review|
|Annual Salary||Under Review|
|Income Source||Singer, Songwriter|
In October 2018 we learned some of the financial inner-workings of today’s Fleetwood Mac thanks to a lawsuit filed by on-again-off-again member Lindsey Buckingham. Buckingham sued his former bandmates after he was abruptly dismissed from the group’s 2018-2019 Live Nation tour.
The lawsuit alleged that according to terms of their deal with Live Nation, each band member would get $200,000 per show over 60 shows, for a total payout of $12 million. The amount could reach as high as $14 million depending on various attendance milestones and additional dates added down the road. Three months later the lawsuit was settled for an undisclosed amount. Buckingham delivered a comment stating:
“We’ve all signed off on something. I’m happy just with it. I’m not out there seeking to twist the knife at all. I’m trying to look at this with some level of empathy, some level of wisdom.”
In 2005 Stevie spent approximately $9 million for a gated home on 1.2 acres in the Pacific Palisades neighborhood of Los Angeles. She placed the home for sale in December 2017 for $14 million. She did not finally get a buyer for that price. She did sell the home in an off-market deal so the exact date and final price are not available.
In 2004 she paid $3 million for an ocean-view penthouse condo in nearby Santa Monica. In 1981 Steve custom-built an 8,000 square-foot mansion in Paradise Valley, Arizona, not far from where she was born and grew up. For many years she gave the compound with her brother and his family. She sold the home in 2007 for $3 million.
Stevie Nicks Movies, Songs And Albums
- Her friend Lindsey Buckingham made a band called ‘Fritz’ with Javier Pacheco and Calvin Roper and invited her to join.
- She became part of the band in 1968 and they worked live, opening for famous musicians like Jimi Hendrix and Janis Joplin. ‘Fritz’ disbanded in 1972.
- Nicks and Buckingham followed Mick Fleetwood’s band ‘Fleetwood Mac’ in 1975. Their first album with the band was ‘Fleetwood Mac’ in 1975. Nicks sang the hit single, ‘Rhiannon.’
- The band released ‘Rumours’ in 1977. The band members were going through a hard time and were hoping for a success.
- The album which featured her single, ‘Dreams,’ became a bestseller and won a ‘Grammy Award.’
- She worked in ‘Tusk’ (1979) and ‘Live’ (1980) with the band before embarking on a solo career; she continued performing for the band in the future.
- Her debut solo album ‘Bella Donna’ was released in 1981 which peaked at No.1 on the ‘U.S. Billboard chart.’
- The album received multiple platinum certifications and established her as a solo star.
- ‘The Wild Heart,’ her next studio album was out in 1983, followed by ‘Rock a Little’ in 1985. Both the albums were accredited platinum status.
- She took a break from her solo career for a period of four years and returned with ‘The Other Side of the Mirror’ in 1989. It featured the hit single ‘Rooms on Fire.’
- During this period, her cocaine addiction problem worsened and she developed a dependency on a sedative called Klonopin.
- She traveled the UK, US, and Europe largely after the release of the album, but claimed to have no recollection of the tours due to her drug problems.
- After a very difficult time in her personal as well as professional life, she came up with the album ‘Street Angel’ in 1994. The album did not do well, forcing her to take time off to get over her drug dependency.
- The band members of ‘Fleetwood Mac’ rejoined in 1997 for a tour called ‘The Dance’ that coincided with the 20th anniversary of the release of the band’s highly successful album ‘Rumours.’ The tour was a huge hit and gave Nicks the much-needed confidence to move ahead.
- In 2001, she released ‘Trouble in Shangri-La’ after going without a solo album for seven years. The album did well and received gold certification in the U.S.
- Her album ‘In Your Dreams’ was delivered in 2011 and agreed with the 30th anniversary of the release of her debut solo album, ‘Bella Donna.’
- In 2014, she released her eighth solo album ‘24 Karat Gold: Songs from the Vault’ which debuted at number 7 at the ‘US Billboard.’ She then joined ‘Fleetwood Mac’ for the ‘On with the Show’ tour.
- She has since toured with other bands, such as ‘The Pretenders.’ She also performed in Lana Del Ray’s album ‘Lust for Life.’
- In her entire career, crossing more than five decades, she has performed on several television shows which includes, ‘American Horror Stories,’ ‘The Ellen DeGeneres Show,’ ‘The Oprah Winfrey Show,’ ‘Late Show with David Letterman,’ ‘American Idol,’ ‘Saturday Night Live,’ and many more.
|1983||The Wild Heart|
|1985||Rock a Little|
|1989||The Other Side of the Mirror|
|2001||Trouble in Shangri-La|
|2011||In Your Dreams |
|2014||24 Karat Gold: Songs from the Vault|
|Albums With Buckingham Nicks|
|Albums With Fleetwood Mac|
|1987||Tango in the Night |
|1990||Behind the Mask|
|2003||Say You Will|
Solo Songs List
|1967||I Believe My Time Ain't Long/Rambling Pony|
|1968||Shake Your Moneymaker|
Black Magic Woman/The Sun Is Shining
Need Your Love So Bad/Stop Messin' Round
Albatross/Jigsaw Puzzle Blues
|1969||Man of the World/Somebody's Gonna Get Their Head Kicked in Tonite|
Oh Well (Parts 1 and 2)
|1970||The Green Manalishi (With the Two Prong Crown)|
|1971||Dragonfly/The Purple Dancer|
Tell Me All the Things You Do
Sands of Time
Spare Me a Little of Your Love
Did You Ever Love Me
For Your Love
|1975||Warm WaysHeroes Are Hard to Find|
Over My Head
Say You Love Me
Go Your Own Way
You Make Loving Fun
Not That Funny
|1980||Think About Me|
Sisters of the Moon
The Farmer's Daughter (live)
Love in Store
Can't Go Back
Isn't It Midnight
As Long as You Follow
In the Back of My Mind
Skies the Limit
Love Is Dangerous
|1997||Temporary One (live)|
The Chain (live)
Silver Springs (live)
Say You Will
|2006||Rock Legends: Platinum Weird|
|2013||Stevie Nicks: In Your Dreams|
|2012||Up All Night|
|2014||American Horror Story: Coven|
|2018||American Horror Story: Apocalypse|
- Rhiannon written by Stevie reached #488 on the list of ‘The 500 Greatest Songs of All Time’ by Rolling Stone magazine in 2004.
- Fleetwood Mac‘s song ‘Don’t Stop’ was used as the campaign song by then-presidential candidate Bill Clinton in 1992. The band played the hit single during Clinton’s inaugural gala in 1993.
- Her debut solo album Bella Donna (1981) reached #1 at the US Billboard 200 and was approved multiplatinum by the RIAA.
- Stevie came pregnant by Eagles frontman Don Henley during their affair in the late 1970s. She got an abortion but partly dedicated 1979 single, Sara, to her unborn child.
- She underwent treatment for cocaine addiction in the 1980s and later underwent detoxification from Klonopin, a sedative prescribed to help her wean off cocaine.
[wps_faq style=”classic” question=”What Happened To Stevie Nicks?”]Stevie Nicks Signed With Fleetwood Mac In 1975, Becoming An Overnight Sensation. After Years Of Struggling With Addiction (During Which Time She Continued To Tour And Put Out New Albums), Nicks Regained Her Health And Energy. Fleetwood Mac Reunited In 1997 And Was Inducted Into The Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame In 1998.[/wps_faq]
[wps_faq style=”classic” question=”Does Lindsey Still Love Stevie?”]Just In Time For Fleetwood Mac’s Upcoming World Tour, Guitarist Lindsey Buckingham Has Opened Up About Both His Romantic And Working Relationship With Frontwoman Stevie Nicks. There Will Never Be Romance There, But There Are Other Kinds Of Love To Be Had.[/wps_faq]
[wps_faq style=”classic” question=”What Song Was Written About Stevie Nicks?”]Silver Springs[/wps_faq]
[wps_faq style=”classic” question=”Why Did Stevie Break Up With Lindsey?”]There Were Good Reasons Why The Romance Between Nicks And Buckingham Ended. The Book Claimed That Previously In 1973, A Then-nervous 25-year-old Nicks Was Wary Of Posing In A “S*xy” Way For The Cover Of The Couple’s Album, Buckingham Nicks.[/wps_faq]
[wps_faq style=”classic” question=”Are Stevie Nicks And Lindsey Buckingham Still Friends?”]For The Next 40 Years After Their Explosive Breakup Until His Exit From The Band In 2018, Stevie And Lindsey Were The Best Of Friends, Still Chugging Along With Fleetwood Mac And Breaking Hearts Of Fans Worldwide With Their Intense Onstage Chemistry.[/wps_faq]