Sona Mahapatra is a well-known Indian Singer, Lyricist, and Music director. She is one of the finest female singers in India. Sona is famous for performing in live concerts all over the world. She also appeared in many TV shows, music videos, and ads.
Sona Mohapatra was born in a Hindu family on 17 June 1976 in the Cuttack city of Odisha. Her father’s name is Dilip Mohapatra, was an officer in the Indian Navy, and her mother’s name is Nayantara Mohapatra. She has 2 sisters Pratichee Mohapatra (singer) and Madhumita Mohapatra. In 2002, Sona met Ram Sampath for the first time, and both got married in 2005.
- Divyansha Kaushik Bio, Age, Height, Husband, Net Worth, Movies & Wiki
- Aarti Singh Bio, Husband, Mother, TV Shows, Family, Net Worth & Wiki
Sona Mohapatra Wiki/Bio
|Birth Name||Sona Mohapatra|
|Nick Name||Lal Pari Mastani|
|Age||(as in 2022) 46 Years|
|Singing Debut||• Bollywood: 'Lori' from the movie- Family (2006)|
• Album: Sona (2007)
|Sun Sign/Zodiac Sign||Gemini|
|Birth Place||Cuttack, Odisha|
|Date of Birth||17 June 1976|
|Home Town||Cuttack, Odisha|
|Mother's Name||Nayantara Mohapatra|
|Father's Name||Dilip Mohapatra (an officer in the Indian Navy)|
|Sister||• Pratichee Mohapatra (Singer)|
• Madhumita Mohapatra
Marital Status, Husband and Children
|Husband/Spouse||Ram Sampath (Music composer)|
|Marriage Date||Year- 2005|
|School||Kendra Vidhyalaya, Bhubaneswar|
|College/University||• College of Engineering and Technology, Bhubaneswar|
• Symbiosis Centre for Management & HRD, Pune
|Educational Qualification||• B.Tech in Instrumentation & Electronics Engineering|
• MBA in Marketing
|Profession||Singer, Music Composer, Lyricist|
|Brands Endorsed||Not Known|
|Career Manager||Not Known|
Height, Weight, and Figure Measurements
|Height (Approx.)||in centimeters- 173 cm|
in meters- 1.73 m
in Feet Inches- 5′ 8″
|Weight (Approx.)||in Kilograms- 66 kg|
in Pounds- 146 lbs
|Breast Size||34 inches|
|Hips Size||26 inches|
|Waist Size||34 inches|
Extra Ordinary Features
|Race / Ethnicity||Hindu|
|Hair Color||Black (Dyed Brown)|
|Dress Size||4 US|
|Shoe Size||8 US|
|Favourite Singers/Music Composers||Nusrat Fateh Ali, Sting, Bebe, Girija Devi, Pt Channulal Mishra, A. R. Rahman|
|Favourite Rock Band||Ojos de Brujo|
|Favourite Songs||Abhi naa Jaao Chodhkar from the movie Hum Dono (1961), (You Make Me Feel Like) A Natural Woman" by Aretha Franklin|
|Favourite Attires||Ikat dhotis, Tunics, Jumpsuits, Stoles, Jackets|
Sona Mohapatra completed her schooling at Kendra Vidhyalaya, Bhubaneshwar. Then, she enrolled in the College of Engineering and Technology, Bhubaneswar, and completed B. Tech in Instrumentation and Electronics Engineering, and she also did MBA course in Marketing from Symbiosis Centre for Management & HRD, Pune. Sona is a trained Indian Classical musician.
Sona Mohapatra began her career as a brand administrator at Marico (Indian consumer goods and service company), where she oversaw brands like Mediker and Parachute. Mohapatra left her job and started searching for opportunities to make a career in the Indian music industry. Eventually, she began her singing career by singing Jingles for advertisements. A few of her popular works were Unilever’s Close Up – Paas Aao Na and Tata Salt -Kal Ka Bharat Hai campaign. The song was recorded in many languages and broadcasted across 13 countries for 4 continuous years.
Sona Mohapatra Net Worth
According to Woodgram, Sona Mohapatra’s estimated Net Worth, Salary, Income, Cars, Lifestyles & much more details have been updated below. Let’s see, How Rich is Sona Mohapatra in 2022?
|Estimated Net Worth in 2022 (Approx)||$5 million|
|Estimated Net Worth in 2021 (Approx)||Under Review|
|Annual Salary||Under Review|
|Income Source||Singer, Music Composer, Lyricist|
Noted, right now, We don’t have sufficient information about Cars, Monthly/Yearly Salary, etc. We will update soon.
- She had to carry the brunt of Salman Khan’s followers on Twitter after the former posted a controversial tweet in response to Salman Khan’s “I felt like a raped woman” comment.
- Sona made headlines again in 2016, when she posted an open letter on Facebook, slamming the very reputed educational institution, IIT Bombay, for their ‘blatant s*xism towards female artists.’ Latter, Sona claimed that she was threatened by the institute’s management with an proposal to perform at their annual cultural fest, Mood Indigo. But, the proposal had a condition that she could not perform alone and was supposed to team up with any male singer. ‘Feminist’ Sona then reach to social media to showcase her frustration.
- During the MeToo campaign in 2018, Sona said that she was s*xually harassed by Kailash Kher and also told that Anu Malik is a ‘serial predator.’
- She encountered enormous criticism in Odisha after she sang the religious song Ahe Nila Saila in 2018, which was written by the saint-poet, Bhakta Salabega, in the 17th century. Odia people alleged that she had terribly misspoken several words in the song including the name of the poet. Furthermore, her selection of clothes for a devotional song was doubted by the people. Later, Mohapatra tweeted that her haters should stop criticizing her or else she would go topless. Sona’s sentence sparked rage across the state and an FIR was filed against her. Her effigies were also burnt on the roads of the city.
- In the year 2019, she lashed out at Salman Khan for criticizing Priyanka Chopra for dropping the movie Bharat. Following this, Mohapatra got a death threat from one of Salman’s fans. After the conflict, Mohapatra shared the screenshots of the threats. The person later apologized for his actions.
Sona Mohapatra debuted with her self-titled-album Sona, which included hit singles including Aja Ve, Bolo Na, and Abhi Nahi Ana. Mohapatra is known for her Sufi classics such as ‘Tere Ishq Nachaya’ and a collaboration with the Aussie band INXS on their famous song ‘Afterglow’. In the year 2009, her album Diljale is India’s first only digital release in the Nokia Music Store Worldwide.
Mohapatra came to mainstream fame with the groundbreaking talk show Satyamev Jayate with Aamir Khan, in which she repeatedly appeared as a lead singer and performer. Her song Jiya Laage Na from the soundtrack of Talaash got rave reviews upon its release.
Mohapatra has her private band composed of guitar virtuoso Sanjoy Das amongst 5 more artists and is an electric live performer who has performed at a multitude of live venues including the Lincoln Center in New York and to stadium crowds in India in Chennai, Chandigarh, and Siliguri amongst others. Mohapatra has also headlined the international Jodhpur RIFF celebration held at the Mehrangarh Fort. The song “Bolo Na” from Sona was apprehended by the public.
Chayee Madhoshiyan (Remix Version)
Bedardi Raja (Grind Mix Version)
I Hate You (Like I Love You)
|2012||Jiya Laage Na|
|2014||Dil Aaj Kal|
Ghoor Ghoor Ke
|2020||Re Bawree (Jahan Lost in Love)|
Facts About Sona Mohapatra
- Does Sona Mohapatra drink alcohol: Not Known
- Does Sona Mohapatra smoke: Not Known
- Sona Mohapatra spent her childhood in different places including Pune, Cochin, Hyderabad, and Nigeria, because her father was an officer in the Indian Navy.
- Sona’s song ‘Mujhe Kya Bechega Rupaiya’, from one of the episodes, became an instant hit on YouTube, collecting as many as 5 million hits in the first week only. Notably, Sona and her husband Ram Sampath were co-producers of the program’s musical project.
- The couple now has several studios in Mumbai and also operates a music production house by the title of OmGrown Music.
- In the year 2018, Sona started her show ‘Lal Pari Mastani’ that aired on Red FM.
- Mohapatra is fond of jackets and has a large collection of them.
Who is the singer of Ambarsariya?
What are the best songs by Sona Mohapatra?
Here are some of her best songs- Rangabati, Rupaiya, and Dum Dum Andar.
Who is Sona Mohapatra’s husband?
How old is Sona Mohapatra?
46 years (17 June 1976)