Sofia Vergara is an actress, television producer, and model. Sofia was the highest-paid Hollywood actress in 2020, as well as the highest-paid actress in American television from 2013 to 2020. In the late 1990s, Vergara rose to popularity as the co-host of two television series for the Spanish-language network Univision. Chasing Papi was her first significant English language acting role in 2003. Following that, she featured in Tyler Perry’s comedy 2008 Meet the Browns and 2009 film Madea Goes to Jail.
Sofia Vergara is from Colombia initially worked in the modeling industry before moving to the United States and becoming a well-known Univision TV personality. She began appearing in films in 2000 as well as rose to fame years later as Gloria Delgado-Pritchett on the smash comedy Modern Family, for which she was nominated for an Emmy. The Smurfs, Happy Feet Two, Hot Pursuit, and Chef were among his other endeavors.
Sofia Vergara Bio/Wiki
Sofia Vergara was born to a big Roman Catholic family in Barranquilla, Colombia, on July 10, 1972. She attended a multilingual primary school and went on to study dentistry. Vergara made her debut on television in a Pepsi advertisement for the Latin American markets, prior to .s/appearing as a model then starring in a Mexican drama, after being spotted on a beach by a cameraman.
After moving to the United States in the 1990s, Vergara became a Univision television star, anchoring the travel tv show Fuera de Serie and subsequently the variety program A Que No Te Atreves. She also drew the attention of English-language viewers with a brief, enthralling performance on the 1995 American Comedians.
Sofia Vergara rose to prominence as a film actress after starring opposite Tim Allen and Rene Russo in Big Trouble in 2002. In 2009, Vergara debuted in the comedy Modern Family as Gloria Delgado Pritchett, the sultry and forceful wife of the elder Jay.
Sofia Vergara Net Worth
Sofia Vergara is a multi-millionaire actor and model with a net worth of $180 million.
|Estimated Net Worth in 2021 (Approx)||$180 million|
|Estimated Net Worth in 2020 (Approx)||$180 million|
|Annual Salary||$500k per episode for Modern Family|
$10 million per year to judge America's Got Talent
During the first three seasons of Modern Family, Vergara was paid just $30,000 each episode, but her pay skyrocketed as the show progressed. By the sixth season, she was earning almost $190,000 every episode, for a total of $4 million per season. In 2018, Sofia Vergara began receiving $500,000 each episode, bringing in a total of $12 million over the course of the final three seasons.
As per Forbes magazine, the Colombian actress gets an eight-figure yearly salary as a judge of America’s Got Talent, which translates to at least $10 million every year.
Sofia Vergara has endorsement deals with almost two dozen products, including Pepsi and CoverGirl, as well as Head & Shoulders, which contributed roughly half of her revenue in 2016. As per Forbes, nearly 60% of her overall income from 2011 to 2016 comes from endorsement and licensing partnerships.
In 2011, Vergara collaborated with Kmart and unveiled her new women’s apparel brand, which garnered her at least $700,000 per year until she canceled the contract four years later.
- Sofia Vergara was noticed by a photographer while wandering on a Colombian beach, and she received modeling and television offers almost immediately. She was concerned about performing her first television commercial until her Catholic schoolteachers personally agreed to let her do it.
- She made her public debut in a Pepsi advertisement in Latin America when she was 17 years old. She then enrolled in the Creative Workshops School of Acting, wherein Gloria Estefan had previously studied.
- Sofia Vergara was set to feature in The Paperboy, a Lee Daniels-directed indie film, in 2011. She pulled out because production was delayed for a week and interfered with her schedule for the third season of Modern Family.
- In July 2011, she concluded filming The Three Stooges, her first main part in a big picture, with the Farrelly brothers.
- She made an appearance on her son Manolo’s YouTube web series Vida con Toty in April 2012. According to a Forbes list published on 18 July 2012, Vergara was the highest-paid woman in American television, making $19 million in the previous year.
- Sofia Vergara was named one of People magazine’s 50 most attractive people and one of the most powerful Latin women in Hollywood by The Hollywood Reporter and Billboard.
- On May 7, 2015, Vergara was honored with a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.
- The Human Rights Campaign published a film in June 2016 in honor of the victims of the Orlando nightclub massacre; in it, Vergara and others shared the experiences of those who were slain.
- Between 2010 and 2013, she played Gloria Delgado-Pritchett in the ABC comedy Modern Family, which earned her Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Comedy Series nomination.
- Sofia Vergara was confirmed as a judge on America’s Got Talent in February 2020, beginning with the sixteenth season.
- In 2021, she returned for the second season of America’s Got Talent.
|The 24th Day|
|Lords of Dogtown|
National Lampoon's Pledge This!
|Tyler Perry's Meet the Browns||2008|
|Madea Goes to Jail||2009|
New Year's Eve
Happy Feet Two
|The Three Stooges||2012|
|Escape from Planet Earth|
The Con Is On
|Bottom of the 9th||2019|
- Sofia Vergara, renowned for her leading role on ABC’s Modern Family.
- She is one of the highest-paid actresses on television.
- She first married at the age of 18.
- Vergara is a natural blonde.
- She wanted to be a dentist when she was younger.
- At the age of 19, Vergara had a kid named Manolo.
- She was a businesswoman before she became famous.
- She had thyroid cancer in 2000, but she overcame it.
Did Sofia Vergara have a baby?
Sofia Vergara has a son named Manolo.
Who is Sofia Vergara engaged?
Did Sofia Vergara get divorced?
Yes, she divorced her first husband when her son was just two years old.
How old is Sofia Vergara?
What is the net worth of Sofia Vergara?