Shriya Saran Profile, Bio, Age, Wiki, Family, Affairs
Shriya Saran was born as Shriya Saran Bhatnagar on September 11, 1982, also known under the name of Anna, an actress and Indian model known for her work in Indian cinema in the South, Bollywood cinema and American. Saran was born in Dehradun and spent most of his childhood in Haridwar. In 2001, his dancing master gave him the opportunity to appear in Renoo Nathan debut music video “Thirakti Kyun Hawa”, which has brought to the attention of many Indian filmmakers Saran. Although Saran aspired to become a well-known dancer, he was offered a leading role.
Thus, Saran made his debut in the cinema in 2001 with Ishtam Telugu film and had her first commercial success with Santhosham (2002).
Shriya Saran Bhatnagar was born in Haridwar in northern India, Pushpendra Saran Bhatnagar and Neeraja Saran Bhatnagar. His father worked for Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited (BHEL) and his mother taught chemistry at Delhi Public School, Ranipur in Haridwar, and Delhi Public School, Mathura Road, New Delhi. Saran schooling from both schools where his mother had taught. She has an older brother named Abhiroop who lives in Mumbai.
Shriya Saran family lived in the small town of BHEL colony in Haridwar when she was growing up. She then studied at Lady Shri Ram College in Delhi and earned a Bachelor of Arts in Literature.
Saran is an accomplished dancer. She was first trained as a child by her mother in folk dance Kathak and Rajasthani, and was later trained in the Kathak style by Shovana Narayan. She has participated in many dance teams in college and with her teacher. They would integrate social issues into their dance routines
She then appeared in several other Telugu films while making routes in the Hindi and Tamil industries. In 2007, Saran starred in Sivaji, the most profitable Tamil film at that time. She was also critically acclaimed for her role in the 2007 Bollywood film Awarapan. In 2008, Saran starred in her first English film, the American-Indian co-production The Other End of the Line. Her next projects included popular films such as Kanthaswamy (2009) in Tamil and Pokkiri Raja (2010) in Malayalam – roles that established her as one of the leading actresses in the South Indian film industries. In 2012, she was screened in the British-Canadian film Midnight’s Children, directed by Deepa Mehta, based on Salman Rushdie’s book of the same name, for which she was acclaimed by international critics. She has achieved other commercial successes by participating in films such as Pavitra (2013) and Chandra (2013). In 2014, Saran played in the critically acclaimed Telugu film, Manam, which earned him accolades for his performance.
Take a look at the awards and recognitions made by Shriya Saran till date:
Film – Year Award Category
Sivaji: The Boss – 2008 South Scope Style Award Best Tamil Actress
Sivaji: The Boss – 2008 Vijay Award for Favourite Heroine Favourite Heroine
Mission Istanbul – 2009 Stardust New Face Award Stardust Exciting New Face Award
Kanthaswarmy Thoranai – 2010 Amrita Mathrubhumi Award Best Actress
Kanthaswamy – 2010 Vijay Award for Favorite Heroine Favorite Heroine
Rowthiram 0 2011 IFTA Best Actress Award Best Supporting Actress
Manam – 2015 Filmfare Awards South Best Actress
Manam – 2015 TV9 TSR National Award Best Supporting Actress
Manam – 2015 Santosham Film Awards Best actress in addition to her work in films, Saran has been the brand ambassador for brands across India, endorsing beauty and health products. Among other philanthropic activities, she has volunteered for charitable organizations. In 2011, she opened a spa exclusively for people with visual impairments. She has also been a brand ambassador for the Celebrity Cricket League for her first two seasons.
Shriya Saran Age, Biodata
Name Shriya Saran Bhatnagar
Nick-name Shriya, Shreya
Date Of Birth 11 September 1982
Age 35 Years (as in 2017)
Profession / Occupation Actress / Model (Telugu, Tamil & Hindi)
Mother Tongue Hindi
Caste Not Known
Height / Weight 5′ 6” / 54kg
First Movie Ishtam (2001, Telugu)
Shriya Saran Instagram
1 Crores per movie
Shriya Family and Relatives
Father Pushpendra Saran (Worked at BHEL)
Mother Neerja Saran (Teacher)
Brothers Abhiroop Saran
Marital Status Married
Husband Andrei Koscheev (Tennis Player), Married Date : 19 March 2018
Grandfather Not Known
Grandmother Not Known
Boyfriends/ Affairs Rajiv Mallu
Shriya Saran Height, Weight and Body Measurements
Height in Centimeters 168cm
Height in Meters 1.68 m
Height in Feet Inches 5′ 6”
Body Measurement 34-25-38
Waist Size` 30
Hips Size 38
Eye Colour Brown
Hair Colour Brown
Favorite Colour Black, Red
Favorite Actor Shah Rukh Khan, Amitabh Bachchan, Rajinikanth
Favorite Actress Madhuri Dixit, Madhubala
Favorite Food Chapati, Curry
Hobbies Dancing, Travelling
Favorite Director Not Known
Favorite Movie Not Known
Favorite Book Gone with the wind by Margaret Mitchell
Favorite Writer Willian Dalrymple
Favorite Dress Saree
Favorite Sport Not Known
Favorite Destination Not Known
Shriya Saran Education School and Colleges
Education Qualification Bachlor of Arts (B.A) in Literature
Delhi Public School, Ranipur, Haridwar
Delhi Public School, Mathura Road, New Delhi
College / University Lady Shri Ram College for Women, New Delhi
Others Not Known
Shriya Saran Residence and Contact Address
Birth Place Dehradun, Uttarkhand, India
Home Town Haridwar, Uttarkhand, India
Present Residence Mumbai, Maharastra, India
House Address Mumbai, Maharastra, India
Phone No / Mobile No Not Known
Email ID Not Known
Website Not Known
Shriya Social Media
Twitter Not Known
Facebook Not Known
Instagram Not Known
Some Known Facts About Shriya Saran
- Does Shriya Saran smoke?: Not Known
- Does Shriya Saran drink alcohol?: Not Known
- Shriya made her first screen appearance in the Renoo Nathan’s debut album Yeh Yaarana by featuring in the song Thirakti Kyun Hawa.
- She then got a breakthrough role in 2001 in the Telugu film Ishtam, wherein she played the lead role of Neha.
- She has worked in different languages such as Hindi, English, Telugu, Tamil, Malayalam, and Kannada.
- She is a trained Kathak dancer and has learned the skill from the famous Kathak dancer- Shovana Narayan.
- In 2003, she hosted the 50th Filmfare South Awards along with actor R. Madhavan.
- She participated in Tamil director Mani Ratnam’s stage show Netru, Indru and Naalai.
- She has featured in various advertisements of popular brands like LUX, Head & Shoulders, Saravana Stores, Kalyan, Vvd hair Oil, Parachute Jasmine Hair Oil, etc.
- She was the first actress and the third celebrity after Shah Rukh Khan and Aamir Khan to deliver a lecture to students at the Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad.
- She also gave a lecture to students in 2011 at the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Madras on the history of films.
- In 2011, she opened a spa named Shree Spa in Mumbai that is run by the visually challenged.
- She is a brand ambassador for the Naandi Foundation and for the Save A Child’s Heart (SACH) foundation.
- She was also the brand ambassador of Celebrity Cricket League for its first two seasons.
- She won several awards for Best Actress, such as South Scope Style Award (2008), Amrita Mathrubhumi Award (2010), ITFA Best Actress Award for Rowthiram (2011), TV9 TSR National Award (2015), and Santosham Film Awards (2015).
- Additionally, she was also honored by some popular awards viz. T. Subbarami Reddy Lalitha Kala Parishath Award for Contributions to Telugu Cinema in 2010, GR8 Women’s Award in 2014, etc.