Mohit Raina is an Indian film and television actor. He started his acting career with a science fiction show Antariksh (2004) and later went on to play a role in Don Muthu Swami (2008). He is best known for the lead role of the Hindu god Shiva in the television series, Devon Ke Dev – Mahadev and Mahabharat, prior to which he had acted in television soap operas including Chehra (2009) and Ganga Kii Dheej (2010).
In 2019, he made his Bollywood debut with the action thriller Uri – The Surgical Strike, which ranks among the highest-grossing Indian films of all time.
Mohit Raina Bio/Wiki
[table id=1083 /]
Mohit Raina Family
Mohit Raina was born on 14 August 1982 and raised in Jammu, where he obtained a degree in commerce. He moved to Mumbai to begin a career in modeling.
He hoped that modeling would provide him with a route into acting work and lost 29 kilograms (64 lb) from his teenage weight of 107 kilograms (236 lb) so that he could participate in the 2005 Grasim Mister India modeling contest. He was placed among the top five contestants in that competition.
Mohit Raina Net Worth
Mohit is one of the successful actresses of the television industry. He is the highest-paid Indian TV actor as his salary per episode is 1 lakh INR. He has an estimated net worth of $3 million, which he earned from his career in acting, modeling, and endorsement.
[table id=1084 /]
Mohit Raina Career
His acting career began in 2005 when he acted in a science fiction TV show called Antariksh. In 2008, he starred as JaiKishan in the comedy film Don Muthu Swami, which was not a success at the box office and caused him to return to television work. In 2009 he appeared in the Chehra TV series, a suspense drama revolving around a handicapped girl. Mohit played her husband Garv, a young business tycoon. He was also a part of Bandini.
In 2011, he was cast as the lead in Nikhil Sinha’s Devon Ke Dev – Mahadev. The series focused on the god Shiva and portrays his journey from a hermit to a householder through his marriage to Sati and later to Parvati. Mohit worked on improving his physique for the role and started learning the Indian classical dance form Kathak, which is an integral part of his role as Shiva. The Times of India said the role created fans due to his “fab abs, groovy smile and acting chops” He played over 30 different characters in the series, which ran for three years, ending in Dec 2014.
Mohit Raina has played the adult emperor Ashoka, in the historical serial Chakravartin Ashoka Samrat on Colors TV. The series started broadcasting from 2 May 2016. After Ashoka, Mohit also played the lead role as Havildar Ishar Singh in 21 Sarfarosh – Saragarhi 1897 which is based on the Battle of Saragarhi.
He made his web debut with the ZEE5 web series Kaafir, starring opposite Dia Mirza.
Mohit Raina Filmography
[table id=1085 /]
Mohit Raina Awards/Nominations
[table id=1086 /]
Some Known Facts About Mohit
- Does Mohit Raina smoke?: No
- Does Mohit Raina drink alcohol?: No
- Mohit Raina weighed around 107 kg in his younger days and lost 29 kg for modeling.
- Mohit Raina was among the top 5 contestants in the Grasim Mister India 2005.
- Mohit Raina became a popular face by playing the role of Lord Shiva in Like OK’s serial Devon Ke Dev… Mahadev.
- Mohit Raina used to take around 75 minutes to get ready for Lord Shiva’s getup in Devon Ke Dev… Mahadev.
- After Devon Ke Dev… Mahadev, he played another popular role of King Ashoka in Colors TV’s serial Chakravartin Ashoka Samrat.
- In real life also Mohit Raina is a devotee of Lord Shiva.
- Mohit Raina is a Kashmiri Pandit.
- Once Priyanka Chopra’s family showed their liking at Mohit to be her husband.
- In 2018, he won the ITA Award for the Best Actor (Male) Jury.
What is the height of Mohit?
What is the age of Mohit?
41 years (14 August 1982)
How much does Mohit get paid?
Mohit is one of the successful actresses of the television industry. He is the highest-paid Indian TV actor as his salary per episode is 1 lakh INR.