Shilpa Shetty Kundra is a well-known Businesswomen, former model, and actress of the Bollywood Industry. She is primarily working for Hindi films, although she has also appeared in some Telugu, Tamil, and Kannada films. Shilpa Shetty is also among the part owners of the Indian Premier League franchise cricket team Rajasthan Royals together with his entrepreneur husband Raj Kundra. Shilpa also participated and won the title of Big Boss in 2007.
Shilpa Shetty was born in a Hindu family on 8 June 1975 in Mangalore, Karnataka, India. Her father, Surendra Shetty, and her mother, Sunanda Shetty both are manufacturers of tamper-proof water caps in the pharmaceutical industry. Shilpa has a younger sister Shamita Shetty, an actress.
Shilpa Shetty was in a relationship with the actor Akshay Kumar but they both broke-up. Later, She dated the film director Anubhav Sinha. Although, Shilpa got married to Raj Kundra, a British businessman on 22 November 2009. The couple is blessed with a son Viaan Raj Kundra and one daughter via Surrogacy, Samisha Shetty.
Shilpa Shetty Wiki/Bio[table id=2126 /]
Shilpa Shetty did her schooling from St Anthony’s Girls’ High School, Chembur, Mumbai, and graduation from Poddar College, Mumbai. It was after completing her education she headed towards modeling in the year 1991. Her career started with commercials on television with the Limca company. Later she also did some other advertisements and commercials.
In the year 1992, Shilpa received her first debut movie, Gaata Rahe Mera Dil which was a romantic drama directed by Dilip Naik. However, due to certain circumstances, the movie remained unreleased. After that, Shilpa debuted in Bollywood with the Thriller Superhit film Baazigar in 1993 opposite Shah Rukh Khan which won her two Film Fare award nominations and Best Supporting Actress award.
Shilpa Shetty Net Worth
According to Woodgram, Shilpa Shetty’s estimated Net Worth, Salary, Income, Cars, Lifestyles & many more details have been updated below. Let’s check, How Rich is Shilpa Shetty in 2023?[table id=2127 /]
Noted, Right now, We don’t have enough information about Cars, Monthly/Yearly Salary, etc. We will update soon.
After this movie, Shilpa also received nominations at the ceremony of annual Filmfare Awards for both Lux Face of the Year as well as Best Supporting Actress. Some of the popular movies in the list of Shilpa’s journey includes Main Khiladi Tu Anari, Aag, Aao Pyar Karen, Mr. Romeo, Hathkadi, Auzaar, Pardesi Babu, Dhadkan, Phir Milenge, Rishtey, and many more.
Apart from being a well-known face of the film industry, she also has supported a number of social organizations like PETA which showed her care for animals, supporting HIV patients in the society, and many more. She is also judging some dance reality shows including Dance India Dance, Jhalak Dikhlaja, Nach Baliye, etc.
Shilpa is also the winner of the British reality show, Big Brother season 5. She is also a businesswoman having an IPL team, Royal Rajasthan. Shilpa is a fitness freak and also released her personal Yoga DVD in 2015.[table id=2128 /]
Facts About Shilpa Shetty
- Does Shilpa Shetty drink alcohol?: No
- Does Shilpa Shetty smoke?: No
- She is a trained Bharatnatyam dancer.
- Since childhood, Shilpa was very active in sports and also was the captain of her school Volleyball team.
- Shilpa revealed in an interview that “Akshay used me and left when he found someone else”.
- Shilpa contested in “Big Brother 2007” and won the title.
- She was a victim of racism in the Big Brother house and she said that the ill-treatment she got in the house-made her feel that she was losing her dignity and self-esteem.
- She was racially abused by the fellow contestants Jade Goody, Jo O’Meara, and Danielle Lloyd.
- Later, Jade Goody was widely condemned for her behavior.
- Shilpa is a black belt Karate champion.
- Besides the Hindi language, she fluently speaks English, Marathi, Tulu, Telugu, Gujarati, Tamil & French.
- She was invited to meet with Queen Elizabeth II in London (2007).
- A documentary was produced by The British production company TwoFour ‘The Real Shilpa Shetty’.
- Shilpa practices Ashtanga Yoga 45 minutes daily as often as possible.
- Shilpa Shetty is the owner of “Viaan Mobiles”, a perfume brand, “S2” and an online shopping site, “BestDealTV”.
While it is obvious that Shilpa has not given birth to the child, the actress, and her husband has not revealed whether they opted for surrogacy or adopted their daughter. Before Samisha, Shilpa and Raj have a son Viaan Raj Kundra.
Shilpa Shetty has a knack for grabbing everyone’s attention in her own unique way. The businessman donned a blonde wig and enacted Shilpa in the way she makes her Sunday binge videos as he relished some rainbow cupcakes.
For lunch, Shilpa has either brown rice or white rice with chicken or fish preparation, vegetables, salad on some days, and on other days she has roti or paratha with dal and chicken. Another thing that she makes sure is to have a tablespoon of ghee with her lunch every single day.
Special programs for women: Specially curated exercises for pregnancy, post-pregnancy weight loss, and menstrual pain. Try it for Free: Yes, there is a subscription to use the Shilpa Shetty app, but we give you a trial period of 3 days.
Once a physiotherapist was suggested yoga for her neck pain. After then, she gradually becomes deep-rooted in it and started practicing Ashtanga Yoga.